Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

So I got a tier 7 match in my III/IV, and wasn't expecting to complete MT-15.

:stare:

replay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm not actually sure on this - I've seen the first four tanks be referred to as "Season 1" tanks. I'm sure it'll be 'doable' for the better part of a year's time, but don't expect them to be accessible forever.

I mean, here's what the personal missions page says:

quote:

An important thing to know about Personal Missions is that you have the freedom to move between missions even if they're incomplete. If you want, take a break and try something else -- unlike regular Missions, they don't expire.

It may just be a case that they introduce new season tanks in new tabs while leaving the old ones as they are. The wording is a little ambiguous though, so I will concede that things may change in the future.

OSad fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 20, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Really wish you could "start" multiple of these personal missions at a time. Trying to capture a base as a LT and when I get a map like Hidden Village, which has a 0% chance in ending in base capture, its frustrating that I can't do anything else.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So who said slow tanks can't carry? Because the AT 2 didn't get that memo:

Totally ridiculous battle. Was heading into the town, then saw almost half the enemy team were quite effortlessly plowing through our meager defenders in the valley. Turned around and got back just in time to plug the gap. Fortunately pubbies happened and I won the ensuing 1v6 face punching match.
After that slugfest, and teaching a T67 that no, the AT 2 doesn't turn quite that slowly, I got into a very silly stalemate with the last enemy.

You can experience the hair-raising suspense through this replay file:

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Nordick posted:

On another note, I installed a gun sound mod included in Aslain's pack that replaces the firing sounds with ones ripped from War Thunder tanks. It's pretty good, I think I'll be using it for the time being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ85XvJXf1E

These are not bad, the engine sounds are a bit flat but are still better than WoT's stock set.

They also seem to run better than the defaults (no lag on first play).

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

OSad posted:

Dare I say you have years and years even.

Sweet, I may actually have a sliver of a chance of acquiring the 260.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Valle posted:

Light tanks get matchmaking like a tank a tier above. So you'll quite often be bottom, and absolutely never on top. Don't use your gofast abilities to get into trouble quickly though. Use it to get to spotting positions, and make sure you stick the 3cm gun on the thing. You can squirt out 360 damage in a couple of seconds, and you have the speed to get behind poo poo to make sure all those shots pen. The reload is a killer, but it'll kinda prepare you for the French autoloaders.

Tl;dr: look for something to flank that's not paying attention, clip it, run the gently caress off while reloading.

This has helped a hell of a lot. I was way too impatient before; I'm actually snooping my way into their artillery pretty often now, and it's usually only a light or medium that bothers to respond.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

cheese posted:

Really wish you could "start" multiple of these personal missions at a time. Trying to capture a base as a LT and when I get a map like Hidden Village, which has a 0% chance in ending in base capture, its frustrating that I can't do anything else.

I actually did my HT base capture mission on Hidden Village. I felt dirty afterwards because I should have gone back to our base to click on more red tanks. :saddowns: I think the capping missions are the most retarded ones though since very rarely doing that is both possible and a good idea.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

so, when do we get our gold from unused but purchased tokens?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
I am an awful bad and I just got my first ace tanker. It only took 500 games.

Replay here if you want to see four other tanks cowering while I clown them.

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
Sign-ups for WoWS beta weekend have started. At least in EU.

Hurry up or you'll miss it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Viperidae posted:

These are the words of a wise man.

this is the click of a pro.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 20, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Alpine Mustache posted:

so, when do we get our gold from unused but purchased tokens?

Wargaming has trouble paying out rewards for completed tournaments in time. I'll wish you the best of luck.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I want to pad my stats, do I get the E100 or IS7? Also which light tank line is best to go down? Are there any decent options in the German Soviet Tree which can compete with the T57 heavy route?

maev fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 20, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I think the majority will say E100..

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Scrap that debate then, what about the light tank route? These missions are forcing me down terrible paths I've never been before.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

maev posted:

Scrap that debate then, what about the light tank route? These missions are forcing me down terrible paths I've never been before.

American light tanks are currently OP as gently caress, so get a Chaffee, T37 or M41 and have fun. Although, don't waste time because they will be nerfed in the next patch.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Viperidae posted:

Either I can't find it or it's already full. The signup button just takes me to a page saying applications are closed, but it did that before the latest signup too...

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/5953-wings-over-the-water-weekend/page__st__100__pid__94517#entry94517

Try again tomorrow i guess.

Or try to get a code from somewhere else.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

maev posted:

It depends on the mission really, the American ones are good for the hitting on the move missions, the Chinese 131 and 132 are the best options for the tracking missions on account of having a better chance of doing it in one shot, and for maximum murderising all of the Bulldog, Ru 251 and 13 90 should fit the bill.

In general play I enjoy the Chinese lights more than any of the others, they're more agile and smaller targets than the Americans, and the higher alpha gun means you have to leave your dick swinging in the breeze a lot less than the low damage high rof guns when you're down to the point of trying carry by by flanking things your heavies are too scared to face. 13 90 is fun on clean up duty, but the reload time is hell.

Trying to passive scout with view range in pub matches is just pissing into the wind, 9 times out of 10 your pubs will shoot at nothing you've spotted, you have to be able to do the damage yourself as well.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
If i had no light tanks, or light tank experience i still think i would've gone for the american line, even though it has an incoming nerf. Most of the tanks are really really good at the moment, and looking at the patchnotes it doesnt look like they are getting nerfed that much. It will probably be a really solid line even after the nerfs, even though the t49 is a bit of a wildcard (with the 150mm) and expensive (with the 90mm). The chinese line is also really nice, but the lower tiers can't really compete with the stuff in the american line imo.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The RU251 is also tied for best tier 8 light tank, but the grind to it can be somewhat annoying, especially the Aufkl. Panther. I will still defend the VK1602 and 2801 as excellent light tanks though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

The RU251 is also tied for best tier 8 light tank, but the grind to it can be somewhat annoying, especially the Aufkl. Panther. I will still defend the VK1602 and 2801 as excellent light tanks though.

What's it tied with? The AMX 13 90?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Big honking Q&A from Storm. FTR. Mostly stuff we already knew. Also SS won't cover WoWS any more so hopefully someone less terrible will do that eventually. :toot:.

quote:

- it’s “completely possible” that Italy and Sweden will get completely independent trees

I want to believe.

quote:

- roaming was cancelled. The reason is the inadequacy of Russian server players, who would abuse it to screw with battles on other servers. There are however also problems not related with RU behavior – mass migrations might harm server stability.

How many times has this been canceled now? Just make it premium only and flip it on. It'll be fine.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

WitchFetish posted:

luchs, leo, vk and afk panther are all workable. And if i were to rate them, they would be in the same order. luchs is op as gently caress, did 65% or something in mine when it still saw 8s and have around 600-700 games in it. Afk panther is weird but you can make it work. the problem is of course that the bulldog, 131, lttb all completely outclass it at actually doing light tank stuff...

251 is good, but not that good. 13 90 is probably still better than it (at least that damage burst will murder the 251 in a 1v1 every time), and tbh i prefer my 132 over it.

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 20, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Prav posted:

Big honking Q&A from Storm. FTR. Mostly stuff we already knew. Also SS won't cover WoWS any more so hopefully someone less terrible will do that eventually. :toot:.

- Aufklärungspanzer Panther will be completely removed, not made premium.

Goodnight sweet prince.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Aww, botes beta is closed. I signed up for the newsletter; hopefully I'll get in on the next one.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

Aww, botes beta is closed. I signed up for the newsletter; hopefully I'll get in on the next one.

I applied to be in the Beta, hopefully I'll be successful. My best tanks are the land battleships anyway so maybe it's my niche.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

McGavin posted:

Goodnight sweet prince.
Of course this has to be AFTER I suffered through the loving thing.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Atal Vataman posted:

251 is good, but not that good. 13 90 is probably still better than it (at least that damage burst will murder the 251 in a 1v1 every time), and tbh i prefer my 132 over it.

If the 13 90 didn't have the autoloader to clip other light tanks in organized battles, it would have nothing over the RU-251.

Nothing.

At least in the 132's case, you could make an argument for it being stealthier and more maneuverable by way of track traverse, but that's about it. As soon as you jump over to gun and DPM territory, the RU is king again.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

McGavin posted:

Goodnight sweet prince.

Oh sweet lord yes. I wonder what will happen to those of us halfway through that awful grind

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

- no free FV4202 premium? “No comment”

The on again off again to con more people into premium/xp converion in time for the change continues

McGavin posted:

Goodnight sweet prince.

:sadwave:

Hey, what happened to the new 8 bit tank thing we were supposed to be getting?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 20, 2015

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atal Vataman posted:

luchs, leo, vk and afk panther are all workable. And if i were to rate them, they would be in the same order. luchs is op as gently caress, did 65% or something in mine when it still saw 8s and have around 600-700 games in it. Afk panther is weird but you can make it work. the problem is of course that the bulldog, 131, lttb all completely outclass it at actually doing light tank stuff...

Afkl. Panther is one of those tanks that I thought were terrible for the first battles, turned out to be challenging but fun once I got the gist of it, and then got completely ruined by virtue of me constantly getting the worst MM possible for the last 30 battles of the grind. I will still be sad to see it gone, it was an interesting tank, kinda like a mentally slow kid that knows how to paint very well, beautiful and precious yet unfit for this cruel world. RIP in peace sweet prince.

Anyway, lemme post a boss T67 replay, where I demonstrate that running out of ammo isn't the end of the world.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

OSad posted:

If the 13 90 didn't have the autoloader to clip other light tanks in organized battles, it would have nothing over the RU-251.

Nothing.

whats your point? if the tank was completely different it would be worse than the 251?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

McGavin posted:

Goodnight sweet prince.

This means I should get it before it's gone, right? :downs:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

whats your point? if the tank was completely different it would be worse than the 251?

If this tank didn't have its super awesome trick that the entire tank is balanced around, it'd be terrible :smug:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I havn't played the game for like 6 months or so. Any major gameplay changes I should know about?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

-Troika- posted:

I havn't played the game for like 6 months or so. Any major gameplay changes I should know about?

Individual Missions! Bunch of arbitrary goals for each kind of tank, if you complete em all you get a premium tank and a new set of harder missions for another tank. Last set looks incredibly hard if Test is any indication, and gives a Tier 9 premium medium. We've got like six months to chew through them.

Also, tier 8 Lights, if they weren't in when you last played. The American ones are crazy good and a really good way to get to the T54E1 if you don't have it it, though get through them while the getting is good because they're getting nerfed. The German one requires you to suffer through the Awful Panther but the Tier 8 is excellent. Russian one looks fun, I don't know anything about it past that.

Also, more British TDs. I know nothing about them :shrug:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Last time I played pretty much all the UK TDs sucked until you got the 183.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Atal Vataman posted:

My point is that the RU-251 is better than the 13-90. Which is to counter your original point that stated that the 13-90 is "probably still better than it".

I submit that the RU-251 is definitely better than it. Definitely. :colbert: