Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I ended up taking the Super Metroid for Wii VC and paying the $1.50 to upgrade. I would have wanted to buy that eventually so spending some coins to save $6.50 I am okay with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

There's still three months before the deadline for using codes and longer still for using the stars/coins/whatever, there's no point getting stressed about trying to use the system now while it's under heavy load

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nintendo doesn't announce a new loyalty program. Instead, Miyamoto will personally fly over and shake the hand of every Wii U owner.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

13/f/cali posted:

I ended up taking the Super Metroid for Wii VC and paying the $1.50 to upgrade. I would have wanted to buy that eventually so spending some coins to save $6.50 I am okay with.

Getting it for 30 cents was a pretty good deal if you got the Wii U early on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Tried spending the coins on Super Mario 2 and the web page crashed. When I logged in all my coins were gone. Safe with Wario indeed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

huh, well i guess i can use all my codes now. been saving extras when i hit platinum for a year. I'll get metroid and hope for some good stuff in feb

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nintendo doesn't announce a new loyalty program. Instead, Miyamoto will personally fly over and shake the hand of every Wii U owner.

I would be 100% okay with this.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

hopeandjoy posted:

Same

I think I would honestly prefer a handshake from Miyamoto than free games, as cool as free games are

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Detective No. 27 posted:

Good, I have some strong opinions to tell him.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I'm kinda sad they're doing the free game thing for plat again. While there's nothing really bad about it and I'll get more use out of it than some stupid pin or statue, I think it lacks the "specialness" of an exclusive trinket or console accessory.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Detective No. 27 posted:

How many coins do I need for him to present me with the Shigeru "Shiggy" Miyamoto Amiibo?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Zonekeeper posted:

I'm kinda sad they're doing the free game thing for plat again. While there's nothing really bad about it and I'll get more use out of it than some stupid pin or statue, I think it lacks the "specialness" of an exclusive trinket or console accessory.

They aren't going to spend a bunch of money designing and manufacturing physical goods for a program that they are going to close.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
My only issue is that as a giant baby who buys all things Nintendo already, a free game is meaningless when I own them all already!

Actually, I just give the codes away to friend and/or strangers on facebook pages for podcasts I listen to. If I'm not going to use it then I like giving it to someone who will.

Speaking of which, depending on what they actually put up as rewards I might just start giving away codes here. We'll see though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zonekeeper posted:

I can practically guarantee that I will already own every game they offer. How do they think people get to platinum in the first place?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

hopeandjoy posted:

I wonder what stupid fucker WOULDN'T be okay with that

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

13/f/cali posted:

I'm thinking about doing this. Metroid games might be on sale in two weeks when the Prime Trilogy is released. If so, will Super Metroid upgrade price also be reduced?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Wait you get a free game when you hit plat? I'm less than 100 coins away :eyepop:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The NA press release says they'll add "a number of physical reward options for members in February ".

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

THE loving MOON posted:

Wait you get a free game when you hit plat? I'm less than 100 coins away :eyepop:

The ultimate platinum reward for last year was your choice of a free game, including full retail Wii U and 3DS titles (just one and probably the biggest reward was Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D). It'll most likely be the same this year.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Hopefully the new system will let us EU people get free games too. And actually be available in Sweden so I don't have to claim I'm in the UK just to be able to use my codes.

Guess I should find something to spend my stars on.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

THE loving MOON posted:

Last year it was a free game for both Gold and Plat, with Plat getting a better selection. You don't get it until April 1 though

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 20, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Please send me some free download codes, guy with a million coins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Bonzi's Buddies are a gang of known scammers and you should not associate with them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope the new loyalty program is along the lines of PS Plus but I'm not expecting miracles here.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Last year it was a free game for both Gold and Plat, with Plat getting a better selection. You don't get it until April 1 though

Last year's Gold were a few VC games or eshop exclusive games. Platinum's where gold, but also bigger titles like Earthbound and two recent retail titles of Game & Wario and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

So I'd expect something similar to that.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is original Legend of Zelda worth playing for the first time in 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
no

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I hope you are ready to light random bushes on fire in the overworld

you kinda need a map to make playing it enjoyable nowadays

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Yes, it's still one of the best Zeldas and to this day no other game has given the player so much freedom of exploration

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

The ultimate platinum reward for last year was your choice of a free game, including full retail Wii U and 3DS titles (just one and probably the biggest reward was Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D). It'll most likely be the same this year.

Nice, I should be Plat by then. Lotta good games coming soon

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

New games aren't getting coins.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Soul Glo posted:

Good, I have some strong opinions to tell him.

Miyamoto pulls of his mask, revealing Sakurai. He laughs "have you ever made a game?"

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Maybe alongside a guide. I think some aspects of it just might be to obtuse otherwise if you're just coming to it out of curiosity.

elf help book posted:

Bonzi's Buddies are a gang of known scammers and you should not associate with them.

excuse you this tag symbolizes friendship, honesty, and compassion

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

THE loving MOON posted:

Phantasium posted:

New games aren't getting coins.

Correct, the schedule in the notice confirms that games released after today and onward will not count:

Club Nintendo posted:

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

1/20/2015 Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015 Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015 Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Well I'm still buying them. :colbert:

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
What's the gap between Gold and Platinum anyway? I checked this morning before work and I'm 20 off of Gold and curious if I can hit platinum reasonably.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dr. Dos posted:

What's the gap between Gold and Platinum anyway? I checked this morning before work and I'm 20 off of Gold and curious if I can hit platinum reasonably.

300 coins.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Wait so maybe a silly question, but i bought both copies of Smash - if I forget to register them both before Club Nintendo closes does that mean no mewtwo for me? Or was that something different?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Calico Heart posted:

Wait so maybe a silly question, but i bought both copies of Smash - if I forget to register them both before Club Nintendo closes does that mean no mewtwo for me? Or was that something different?

product registration closes on the last day of the mewtwo dlc offer so if you dont register them before it closes you would have been screwed anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Well I'm gonna redeem some coins for NES Zelda and see how this goes

• Locked thread