Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I spent a while last night trying to find goonbase. I finally got a ride over after finding some goons in the town. As I was checking out the base, I fell through the floor and died. Spent even longer running back to the base. I got back just in time for the early AM raids and decided to log out nearby rather than add to chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gryff
Feb 7, 2012

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Yeah, if you end task the game quick enough the server doesnt pick it up and your loot drops and then you spawn back in with all your stuff where you were. It started as a way to dupe stuff but got turned into a combat log. Supposedly they are fixing some of the duping with that patch today, wondering if it will include fixing this.

Thanks, lets hope they fix that so. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of ground hog day.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Eonwe posted:

yea guys, the items in our base nice to have, but losing them isn't really a big deal at all

yeah with all the duping going on there'll probably be a server wipe within a week or two anyway

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Is there a way to have your /loc information visible at all times? Maybe I'm just new but navigating and trying to coordinate with 2 or more people is pain in the rear end in these games.

It's a marco polo simulator.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Post more vids of reddit murders tia

GreenLight
Apr 5, 2014

Can I keep his head for a souvenir ?
better map than in the OP:

http://www.h1z1db.co.uk/map/

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MaNiAk posted:

What killstreak perk do I get for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK0iFerB2LM

Also giving up defending for today, I should of just made an alt and took all the important poo poo out of my crates because I'm a dumb gently caress and guarded the base for 8 hours.

So, after that mess they started glitching inside, the patch of houses on the dirt are super vulnerable because they will relog inside the dirt and jump up into the rooms. My poo poo doesn't load slow so I can't do it.

Also turns out that using shotguns in all 3 slots is hacks and I'll be reported for hacking

Edit: Looking at my HP in the video, that's all kinds of :black101: holy poo poo
If it was reddit guys then the group after was a bunch of people trying to exploit into our town, unless shhhhno1cares is one of them, who's only good at duping excessive amounts of guns and ammo for us by exploiting.

I love how after about three kills everyone else just starts to run. That's awesome.

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

We might want to do a more secretive Goonbase now that we know where the spawn locations are. Also a little less "gigantic sprawling slum" because defending that is kind of hard.

Or a better defensible location. There were some apartment buildings in town, we'd only need a few walls to section it off.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Apartment buildings are a bad idea for a goonbase. Too contested area.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
The idea of starting from scratch somewhere isolated and sending out patrols of PVPD has been hilariously amazing so far, we should keep it up. Once a HQ gets too hot, we can pack up and move around while bringing justice to all those picking blackberries without a proper permit.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
My god that video was insane! Love you running after them just bloodlusting with 1%hp.

Is there bullet drop off at distance with the rifles? Also is there a zoom or any reason to iron sight the AR15?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've found that short of playing with goons, the best way to play is to not to try to establish anything. Get a bow, get some blackberries, pick a direction, and go hunting pubbies. If you find any weapons, awesome. But don't get too attached to them because you WILL lose them.

Some weird stuff going on, though. Are aimbots and such a thing already for h1z1?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you are attached to stuff you found, do that thing where you can dig a cache and hide it really well

don't ever get attached to anything sitting around in goondor or whatever city we eventually make because there will be multiple times a week when we aren't on and some jobless gently caress is going to come by with an axe and steal all our valuable poo poo

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Use your alts as storage containers, it pretty much the safest way to store anything and no one can really ever steal from you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Use your alts as storage containers, it pretty much the safest way to store anything and no one can really ever steal from you

legit good idea, I didn't even think of that

get yourself a military backpack on each character and you've got 4000 in storage

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

How do we transfer items to alts safely?

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:
Patch notes: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2t3fua/h1z1_update_notes_and_downtime_120/

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

quote:

•Floating Arrows should no longer cause damage or obstruct vehicles.

Why don't they just fix it so arrows don't float... :raise:

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

Are we the ones who stopped up the entrance to Zimms with rabbit traps?

That was me. I'm a dick.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

hmmm, no mention of dupe fixes....

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Just got in on the :goon: and am totally loving lost. I'm in the middle of a forest and have no idea how to get any items or where to go.

Tips for noob?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

ModeSix posted:

Tips for noob?

Shred your shirt, pick up wood sticks, craft makeshift bow and arrows. You are now equipped to kill 98% of people you may run across.

If you see a cop car driving by, throw your hands up and act respectfully.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Learn to love the makeshift bow and arrows. Once you understand the bullet/arrow drop, it is 100% accurate and can kill any player or zombie in one headshot. Best of all you can make one as a fresh spawn and ammo is basically unlimited.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
Be aware of standing around the part of the camp that has a dirt platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKejsFFV2DE

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Adam Clegg ‏@Arclegger 25m25 minutes ago

For those wondering, this: “Drop”, “Unload” and “Place” inventory options have been removed from proximity items. Means dupe bug is fixed.

I guess we will find out.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Heh, that's not the dupe bug everyone uses.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That one I imagine is much harder to fix because it would require a lot more server-side inventory management. But if anyone knows how to patch out item duping it's gonna be an MMO dev.

Do all the other online survival games have similar duping exploits?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Republicans posted:

That one I imagine is much harder to fix because it would require a lot more server-side inventory management. But if anyone knows how to patch out item duping it's gonna be an MMO dev.

DayZ?

Nah, that one ain't got any exploits.

:shepicide:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Republicans posted:

They all have shitloads of dupe exploits.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
7 days to die is literally "Crafting or dropping things quickly."

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

7 days to die is literally "Crafting or dropping things quickly."

When you repair an item there is a tiny chance you will turn it into a stack of 64 of that item, even if it's not stackable!

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Server should be up in a minute! Lets get goon base 2.0 up fast and start the dupage!

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

shankerz posted:

Server should be up in a minute! Lets get goon base 2.0 up fast and start the dupage!

https://twitter.com/H1Z1game/status/557689632096526337

'one hour or less'

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

.....how much longer will the sony gods delay us.... cutting into my pubbie slaying play time.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

shankerz posted:

.....how much longer will the sony gods delay us.... cutting into my pubbie slaying play time.

Newsflash: You are a pubbie.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Is it worth it to buy the Premium Edition? I kinda want to try this game even though I'm an awful carebear and too old for PVP.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Ussr posted:

Is it worth it to buy the Premium Edition? I kinda want to try this game even though I'm an awful carebear and too old for PVP.

Yes.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
So what happened to the rest of the base after I finally had to go? Anyone come back and gently caress up the back areas?

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Akumos posted:

So what happened to the rest of the base after I finally had to go? Anyone come back and gently caress up the back areas?

Check the thread in PGS.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Newsflash: You are a pubbie.

Warcrimes no! You'll trigger him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Akumos posted:

It got raided and we abandoned it. Come into mumble and well give u the cords for goonbase 2.0

shankerz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 21, 2015

• Locked thread