Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I'm spoiled and have an ES-4 so it auto calibrates. But yeah, its pretty slick. This could replace a lot of modules for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I still rock the ES-1 because it's not real if it's not painful to use.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
I've set my Bonerjam submission to private and enabled the download, kind of missed who will be mastering, but please find it here:
https://soundcloud.com/sjoewe/bafficolo-1/s-6D9Eu

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

stillvisions posted:

I had a mark 1 back in the day on an XP system - worked generally okay though you really needed something else to amplify it - it was fine with a mixer output as input but any gain on the tascam would result in ugly digital noise. One day it just stopped working so I gutted it for parts; turns out that not one, but three of my USB cables were hosed up for some reason so I'm not sure if it really died or I used multiple bad cables to test it. Replaced it with the Focusrite 2i4 which isn't bad (again, amplify it before it goes in) but the latency isn't great on it so you definitely want to use direct monitoring when recording.

Cross posting from the interface thread:

Haha this came in and it's hilariously poorly built. It's got 4 big knobs on it and NONE of them rotate with the same tension. One has perfect resistance and the other three are varying degrees of "loose" to "there's no way this can actually work" loose. It also has three dip switches. Again one is perfect and one is medium and one is incredibly loose.
It's like the loving Goldilocks of terrible hardware design.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
anyone in the market for an OP-1? Massdrop has a deal on them right now, $720. IMO it's risky to buy one now with NAMM around the corner but it seems like a pretty good deal.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/teenage-engineering-op-1-portable-synthesizer?guest_mode=open

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
what is even happening, what is going on

synth market crash incoming

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Startyde posted:

what is even happening, what is going on

I don't want a modular, but this is weakening my resolve. Noooo.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Just think of the pile of blofelds you could buy with the money you'd blow on a modular. Bushels of blofeld.
On the one hand if you really want one you probably should just get it because it might be a miniworks 4pole situation that's on the market for a week and a half. On the other hand, there's no way this is shipping bugless, Waldorf is still Waldorf. Hell the out is probably line level, which would make it about as hot in euro levels as the blofeld is at line level. :v:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Ok wavetable modular is awesome but what in the gently caress is that millenium falcon casio pad thing?

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

toadee posted:

Ok wavetable modular is awesome but what in the gently caress is that millenium falcon casio pad thing?

16-step, 64-track sequencer with some part of the XW-P1 synth engine inside. The Casio Groovefalcon.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Startyde posted:

16-step, 64-track sequencer with some part of the XW-P1 synth engine inside. The Casio Groovefalcon.

Im guessing no CV out :(

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
http://www.moogmusic.com/products/modulars/system-55

what the hell guys

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Moog's in the business of creating "jewel-like objects of wonder".

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.
Wait, did you see this Waldorf video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlpRtODl3R8

In addition to the eurorack thing:
- They're releasing Nave for VST/AU/RTAS.
- They're releasing Attack for the iPad (and it's more powerful than the original Attack for PC).
- They're updating Waldorf Edition.

Six years from now when the software leaves beta, this poo poo's gonna be amazing.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Halo products. The buried lead is the remake duophonic keyboard for $799, making it probably the cheapest duophonic cv keyboard. The super37 guys were supposedly getting a duophonic module for their keybed going but I'm not holding my breath. I don't think it sold as well as they hoped.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

It's just hilarious that nothing new was added. These are modules that Synthesizers.com faithfully recreated at a fraction of the price. So why would anyone buy one of these systems from Moog?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I am foolishly hoping that Nave VST will be priced similar to the Ipad version.

e: lol nvm
http://www.waldorf-music.info/nave-vst-au-rtas

quote:

Shipping: approx. 2nd quarter 2015 for 149,00

coolskull fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 20, 2015

breaks
May 12, 2001

toadee posted:

It's just hilarious that nothing new was added. These are modules that Synthesizers.com faithfully recreated at a fraction of the price. So why would anyone buy one of these systems from Moog?

That stuff is for the synthesizer equivalent of blues lawyers.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Making Buchla gear look like cardboard-Euro units. In price.

Got my MicroSampler today, one problem that I work around by multitracking is only having one keyboard-part for the sequencer, otherwise recommended if you can find it. My huge melonfarmer hands and fingers are perfectly okay with those keys too.
If I wasn't down with a cold I'd have cranked out a burp&bass project in celebration of it.

e: I desire stereo 48khz samples of Kurzweil Triple Strike Grand piano, C2 to B4, velocity 90ish and just let the keys stay down. I want to pimp the hell outta the MS1 with it. It fits 160 seconds of 48kHz mono in each bank, 80 stereo so my brain thinks this would give 36 keys at 2.2 seconds each, I remember how fiiiiine the stereo spread was in their keys

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 21, 2015

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
Well, I am officially out of ideas. Time to sell my synths and become a singer songwriter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_OF8qtRDc

Skeletron fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 21, 2015

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Skeletron posted:

Well, I am officially out of ideas. Time to sell my synths and become a singer songwriter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_OF8qtRDc

I love everything about this. :swoon:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

e: I desire stereo 48khz samples of Kurzweil Triple Strike Grand piano, C2 to B4, velocity 90ish and just let the keys stay down. I want to pimp the hell outta the MS1 with it. It fits 160 seconds of 48kHz mono in each bank, 80 stereo so my brain thinks this would give 36 keys at 2.2 seconds each, I remember how fiiiiine the stereo spread was in their keys

OK What's the current good/free robosampler? I used to use redmatica but I have nfc what to use now on PC. or I can just play them sequentially and you can chop.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lots of new info on the Teenage Engineering synths from CDM.
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2015/01/nintendo-game-watch-inspires-tiny-59-synths-teenage-engineering/

They're three synths like the Volca series (bass, rhythm, and lead) and all three cost $59. :eyepop:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

net work error posted:

Lots of new info on the Teenage Engineering synths from CDM.
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2015/01/nintendo-game-watch-inspires-tiny-59-synths-teenage-engineering/

They're three synths like the Volca series (bass, rhythm, and lead) and all three cost $59. :eyepop:

drat those look like a lotta fun!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Startyde posted:

OK What's the current good/free robosampler? I used to use redmatica but I have nfc what to use now on PC. or I can just play them sequentially and you can chop.

The MicroSampler can be set up for clever automated keynext-sampling (with threshold and time limits) so it's cool to just let it roll with a second of space inbetween. Username at gmail or PM, I'll drop some kudos when I put the finished bank up online for sharing with others who can't not triple-strike if I can figure out where.

Was surprised to find out its rom banks cover 61+ keys when played with an external board, currently digging into http://www.mattmontag.com/projects-page/nintendo-vst (made in SynthMaker, interesting technical read) to set up a rich bank of NES sounds and percussion. Nice to be back with equipment one feels home with.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

Startyde posted:

Someone here once recommended Chainer to me. Autosampling is one of its numerous features. 32-bit only, but free. (also, I don't know if it can autosample external instruments natively... it definitely works with other plugins.)

The other options I know of are not free: SampleRobot (very good, but also very quirky and expensive) and Extreme Sample Converter (more affordable, don't know if as flexible as Sample Robot, haven't tried.) Both of these can sample external instruments, and also plugins if you do some audio and MIDI routing kung fu.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I'll probably end up buying ESC, I remember using that in the past and it's got S5k import/export which I'd like and would also like to not give ChickenSys money for Translator.
Samplerobot suite is $400 so nope to that. Thanks!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Does anyone know if the new Korg sampler will have line in? I really want something with line-in for my records, with pad trigger action. I'll get an old MPC if I have to but I'd like something a bit more modern

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

Does anyone know if the new Korg sampler will have line in? I really want something with line-in for my records, with pad trigger action. I'll get an old MPC if I have to but I'd like something a bit more modern

The Volca Sampler requires USB/smartphone app, the Electribe Sampler does 3.5mm stereo line-in.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

MrLonghair posted:

Electribe Sampler does 3.5mm stereo line-in.

Well that's annoying. Guess I'll find an MPC1000 then

W424
Oct 21, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

The Volca Sampler requires USB/smartphone app, the Electribe Sampler does 3.5mm stereo line-in.

No usb, it's encoded audio to sync in on volca sample. The free caustic app works on about anything so no iphone required.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The Single Cell guy who made Caustic has made a free Volca Sampler editor for all platforms btw that does the data-over-audio-out thing for all platforms. Pretty cool.

e: Eh, late, but had a link.

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 21, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Open hihat samples that also work as neat orchestral hits: Casio SK1 and similar series

W424 posted:

No usb, it's encoded audio to sync in on volca sample. The free caustic app works on about anything so no iphone required.

Ah!

Love that Caustic guy, originally Korg indeed went "yeah it's iOS only :v:" and only those already drowning in iOS devices were okay over at my other synth forum.

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010
Hello synth thread why haven't you noticed this yet oh well guess i'll have to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1B_5bO4Ns

So that's a desktop MS-20 with a sequencer neat huh

Key features:
Desktop modular version of the MS-20 Mini
2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
Toggle switches for VCO 1 to 2 sync / VCO 1 to 2 FM /
Toggle to switch between rev 1 and rev 2 filter designs
Adds junction patching bay for integration with SQ-1 Step Sequencer (included)
External signal processor (ESP)
Extremely flexible patching system
MIDI IN and USB connector

some synth swedes also speculated those little black blob things on the left side of the patch bay are pre-drilled mod holes but i'm not quite convinced. Anyway, korg thing, discuss and drool

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

I just want to say gently caress you Korg for introducing this after the MS-20 mini because this is really just what I wanted all long waaaahhhhhhh

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

hug a mexican posted:

Hello synth thread why haven't you noticed this yet oh well guess i'll have to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1B_5bO4Ns

So that's a desktop MS-20 with a sequencer neat huh

Key features:
Desktop modular version of the MS-20 Mini
2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
Toggle switches for VCO 1 to 2 sync / VCO 1 to 2 FM /
Toggle to switch between rev 1 and rev 2 filter designs
Adds junction patching bay for integration with SQ-1 Step Sequencer (included)
External signal processor (ESP)
Extremely flexible patching system
MIDI IN and USB connector

some synth swedes also speculated those little black blob things on the left side of the patch bay are pre-drilled mod holes but i'm not quite convinced. Anyway, korg thing, discuss and drool

Private now :(

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Hope no one's watching this train wreck of a Korg livestream.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Startyde posted:

Hope no one's watching this train wreck of a Korg livestream.

I missed it, what happened?! :allears:

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010

BonoMan posted:

Private now :(

Well here's a thing

http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/ms_20mkit/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
HOLY gently caress SO MUCH COOL NAMM poo poo!

:10bux:

This looks like the KORG event video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3cH_S5--NU

Jordan Rudess's demonstration remind me of some of the built in songs on Roland's 90s synths.

Dotcom Jillionaire fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 22, 2015