Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Wanderer posted:

Actually, the more I think about it, the more this reminds me of how they used the old Heroes Reborn thing to conveniently erase a bunch of silly poo poo they didn't want to deal with, like Janet van Dyne being a giant bug lady or the whole "teenage Tony Stark" thing.

ding ding ding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
I hope the 90s Jim Lee/Animated series X-Men becomes the main canon X-Men team going forward.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

90's Jubilee is the only truly canon Jubilee

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AlmightyBob posted:

Does a mall-babe eat chili fries?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 21, 2015

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

AlmightyBob posted:

Along with Australian-accent Wolverine?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I hope the 90s Jim Lee/Animated series X-Men becomes the main canon X-Men team going forward.
Making the main team based off the work of DC's current vice president might not be the message Marvel wants to send.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

lotus circle posted:

Making the main team based off the work of DC's current vice president might not be the message Marvel wants to send.

Maybe seeing that ridiculous Jean Grey costume in print again will embarrass Lee so much he quits?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Call me crazy, but I'm cautiously optimistic. This could be balls out insane if they do it right.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Please god no more Jean Grey and Scott Summers bullshit. I grew up with it on the cartoon, Scott is infinitely better off with Emma, and ape Beast is a decent design. Actually I kinda hope Henry dies he's kinda useless.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Jiro posted:

Please god no more Jean Grey and Scott Summers bullshit. I grew up with it on the cartoon, Scott is infinitely better off with Emma, and ape Beast is a decent design. Actually I kinda hope Henry dies he's kinda useless.

Ape Beast dies and Cat Beast shows up and says, "I'm back everyone, forever" with everyone cheering.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

The Goon posted:

So looks like that full reboot is more and more likely now isn't it? HA I loving knew it!
Marvel were changing up too many of their characters too quickly. In the end they just wanted a chance to throw everything at the wall to see what would stick before flushing it all down the toilet.
You can look at pretty much any moment in Marvel history going back to let's say 1984 and go "Marvel is changing up too many of their characters, they were throwin' poo poo at the lovely ol' wall to see how poo poo would stick and now they're hittin' that turd flusher bro" and you would be right that they are changing a bunch of stuff, and wrong about the reboot.

I feel like I have made this post before but here, here are all of the comics Marvel put out when I bought my first issue of Avengers with my own allowance money.. It was almost 28 years ago, and at that moment:
    Spider-Man was wearing his weird new black costume
    Spider-Man was getting MARRIED out of NOWHERE
    Spider-Man got killed and Kraven wanted to be the New Spider-Man????
    Steve Rogers quit being Captain America and there is an All New Captain America
    Reed and Sue quit the Fantastic Four, so now Thing/Torch/Crystal/Ms. Marvel are the All New Fantastic Four
    Hulk is smart and evil and gray and only comes out at night?
    Iron Man has gone to war with anyone wearing stolen armor and Iron Man and Captain America aren't friends anymore and people think Iron Man is a murderer and then Iron Man fakes his death
    Professor Xavier is off in space and Magneto is the headmaster of the New Mutants
    Jean Grey is back from the dead, but now Angel is dead!
You could probably do this for any month in the past thirty years. Thus far, no reboot. But I agree, lady Thor is a bridge too far!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jiro posted:

Old Scott is probably going to hook up with Tempus, and young Scott and Jean are fine because that's how they were at that age, but both have different love interests too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Edge & Christian posted:

You can look at pretty much any moment in Marvel history going back to let's say 1984 and go "Marvel is changing up too many of their characters, they were throwin' poo poo at the lovely ol' wall to see how poo poo would stick and now they're hittin' that turd flusher bro" and you would be right that they are changing a bunch of stuff, and wrong about the reboot.

I feel like I have made this post before but here, here are all of the comics Marvel put out when I bought my first issue of Avengers with my own allowance money.. It was almost 28 years ago, and at that moment:
    Spider-Man was wearing his weird new black costume
    Spider-Man was getting MARRIED out of NOWHERE
    Spider-Man got killed and Kraven wanted to be the New Spider-Man????
    Steve Rogers quit being Captain America and there is an All New Captain America
    Reed and Sue quit the Fantastic Four, so now Thing/Torch/Crystal/Ms. Marvel are the All New Fantastic Four
    Hulk is smart and evil and gray and only comes out at night?
    Iron Man has gone to war with anyone wearing stolen armor and Iron Man and Captain America aren't friends anymore and people think Iron Man is a murderer and then Iron Man fakes his death
    Professor Xavier is off in space and Magneto is the headmaster of the New Mutants
    Jean Grey is back from the dead, but now Angel is dead!
You could probably do this for any month in the past thirty years. Thus far, no reboot. But I agree, lady Thor is a bridge too far!

That'd make a great website. Just dial up a month, and instant perspective on how things today aren't really that crazy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
In other news, is anyone else keeping up with Loki? Because oh poo poo, son:

He confesses to Thor, who takes the news of what happened to his adorable little brother exactly as well as you'd expect. "The God of Childkillers" indeed.

:ohdear:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

He confesses to Thor, who takes the news of what happened to his adorable little brother exactly as well as you'd expect. "The God of Childkillers" indeed.

I don't know why I didn't see that coming when the whole "Can never lie again" thing happened.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Not reading the spoiler text yet, but I can't wait to get off work and pick up Loki today, among my other books. That poor book's been so derailed lately. The AXIS issues were pretty fun but I'm really hyped to see what'll happen now that it's back to doing its own thing.

I mean, we'll see how long that lasts with Secret Wars and all, but whatever. I think, as long as it doesn't get canceled, Loki should probably get through it fine? I don't know if Marvel really has a motive to go back to old super-duper evil Loki these days. How's it been selling, anyway? Is it in that danger zone?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Not reading the spoiler text yet, but I can't wait to get off work and pick up Loki today, among my other books. That poor book's been so derailed lately. The AXIS issues were pretty fun but I'm really hyped to see what'll happen now that it's back to doing its own thing.

I mean, we'll see how long that lasts with Secret Wars and all, but whatever. I think, as long as it doesn't get canceled, Loki should probably get through it fine? I don't know if Marvel really has a motive to go back to old super-duper evil Loki these days. How's it been selling, anyway? Is it in that danger zone?
Diamond sold a little less than 22k print copies in December. That might sound bad but most of Marvel's solos aren't fairing well right now on average in the print market at least. Ms Marvel is only pulling in 30k in print, but it supposedly sells more in digital so Loki's title might be in a similar situation.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

wow!

I hate this!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Someone should tell Commander Shepard he needs to wipe some bird poo poo off his Terminus Armour set.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

It's a shoe that's been two years in the dropping, and it hit so loving hard. This book. Gosh darn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

wow!

I hate this!

It really is loving terrible.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

It really is loving terrible.
Venom has been become an EVA unit.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

If you ignore the dainty spider iconography in his chest I get less "EVA" and more "has joined Cobra as some sort of heavy trooper, got a face tattoo to prove it".

But yeah not really feeling that one.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Actually, it owns.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

NotALizardman posted:

Actually, it owns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NotALizardman posted:

Actually, it owns.

Is owns an acronym or something?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Rhyno posted:

Is owns an acronym or something?

Oh
What
Nasty
poo poo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goldenoreos posted:

Oh
What
Nasty
poo poo

I figured as much. Now those posts make sense.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Hopefully space-Venom sticks around for a bit, because I really like the concept. It's a little bulky for Flash, but I think the whole space marine look fits him.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

NotALizardman posted:

Hopefully space-Venom sticks around for a bit, because I really like the concept. It's a little bulky for Flash, but I think the whole space marine look fits him.

It's nice because it's still very 'Agent Venom' while also calling back to the classic, bulky, Eddie Brock look. It's sort of a nice middle ground, and I imagine we'll see him throwing that physical bulk around more than Flash has in the past, though I hope he still uses some weaponry and doesn't abandon that aspect entirely.

A good middleground between old and new, that still feels kind of fresh.

And makes me want to play Mass Effect.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

And makes me want to play Mass Effect.

Yeah, as much as I like the costume, he's straight up wearing a Cerberus uniform there. :sweatdrop:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm on the "it's crappy" side, just doesn't look nearly as cool or distinct as the previous look (or even as regular venom) and it just looks like a boring armor with the venom colors painted on. Maybe i'd appreciate it more if Mass Effect 3 wasn't three year old garbage.

Superior Iron Man continues to be 'fun' this week, really like that evil Tony ultimately boils down to some bizarre fusion of The Joker and Capcom.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Blockhouse posted:

wow!

I hate this!

Ven 10.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ha! I knew it was reminding me of something.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Blockhouse posted:

wow!

I hate this!

I kinda don't hate it. The execution in design I think can use a bit tweaking but concept wise I think I get what they're going for and I think it's a step. Maybe if they go further with it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Whatever, that army commando Venom design looked pretty doofy in concept too, and now everyone loves it. It's gonna depend on the artist.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Gatts posted:

I kinda don't hate it. The execution in design I think can use a bit tweaking but concept wise I think I get what they're going for and I think it's a step. Maybe if they go further with it.

I think it could look cool if all of the little plates on his neck and face open up and it's just full of teeth and tongues. Some real space horror poo poo, like an actual spacemarine version of classic Venom.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gynovore posted:

Along with Australian-accent Wolverine?

I like to imagine that they will fully retcon his heritage and introduce him with the accent doing the most stereotypically Australian activities imaginable.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dragonshirt posted:

I think it could look cool if all of the little plates on his neck and face open up and it's just full of teeth and tongues. Some real space horror poo poo, like an actual spacemarine version of classic Venom.

You know what, that would be cool. I like it, space horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The symbiotes are apparently called the "Klyntar" and are totally good/peaceful despite every loving instance of their existence where they weren't.

Another swing and a miss Bendis. God drat is he bad on Guardians.

• Locked thread