Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
High five thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

kannonfodder posted:

The story I heard (don't know how true) is the cat lived in horse stables, so it mimicked the way the horses walked.

Like this dog that was raised by cats!

I refuse to go on living one more minute without this 'dog' in my life.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IslamoNazi posted:

High five thread

All right!

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Fuzz1138 posted:

I know some people who don't like them for whatever reason, but I've always thought squirrels were adorable.

Those people are known as "monsters" :colbert:

Would you like to see fussy otters that won't eat their greens, eat sushi--made by their own personal chef--off of chopsticks? Of course you would: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j80R68dDRU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fuzz1138 posted:

I know some people who don't like them for whatever reason, but I've always thought squirrels were adorable.

And they come in different flavors. :3:

Love me some squirrelly goodness :3: As a kid my grandpa found a baby gray & we raised it in an old bird cage. We eventually let it go but it stayed in the trees by the house & would come down to the porch for us to feed him. Squirrels & chipmunks were the best, we loved feeding them sunflower seeds & nuts :)

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Ozz81 posted:

Love me some squirrelly goodness :3: As a kid my grandpa found a baby gray & we raised it in an old bird cage. We eventually let it go but it stayed in the trees by the house & would come down to the porch for us to feed him. Squirrels & chipmunks were the best, we loved feeding them sunflower seeds & nuts :)
One day after school, I was sitting putting a puzzle together when my brother walks in and dumps a tuft of scratchy feathers on the back of my neck. He had found an abandoned baby bulbul on the sidewalk and decided it needed to come home with him. It was the fugliest little thing, eyes barely open and covered in pinfeathers. Then it started growing up.

He named it Ironbeak after a character in his books, but my mom shortened it to IB. When IB entered his rear end in a top hat teen years, he started taking to higher places when we weren't feeding him and would clack his beak at us if we tried to approach him. I got bit once or twice too. My parents found it hilarious. He eventually escaped through the windows at the top of our house and we found him outside in our guava tree courting another young bird with what we presumed to be her dad screeching his head off at IB. Godspeed, you little fucker, hope you had lots of little baby rear end in a top hat birds. :3:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Occasionally butterflies will sneak up and land on dogs

But this guy isn't having a bar of it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cappuccino anyone?

No?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Say Nothing posted:

Cappuccino anyone?

No?

Man, those Latte artists are getting really good.

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Cattuccino anyone?

Garrand posted:

Man, those Catte artists are getting really good.

You guys are really bad at this!!!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
A somewhat vocal mountain lion:
http://youtu.be/8f51c-NkJRw

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
This is my cat Falkor. Now, I know he's probably not the cutest cat in the world, and, well, he usually has a constant expression of either displeasure:

or anger. That is a pissed off lookin' dude.

but sometimes he is precious

and his eyes are beautiful

Let me tell you about how I got Falkor.

For some absurd reason, I didn’t have a cat. I wanted to change that so I decided to go the the local animal shelter. Now, my whole thing was that I wanted to go into the cat room (cat rooms are magical, wonderful places) and have the cat choose me.

I hung around in the room for about 10 minutes, and while there were some pretty rad cats, none of them really spoke to me. Well, that cat-lady came in and asked which one I wanted and I told here I wasn’t sure. Just then this goofball of a tubby, large-chined grey cat strolled up to me and *booped* me in my leg.

I asked here what his name was and she told me Falkor.

If you don’t know, Falkor is the greatest character from the greatest movie ever made and my childhood favorite, The NeverEnding Story. It was meant to be.

I love him more that I thought was possible. He gives head boops all the time and is the neediest, sweetest lil' guy in the world.

Aeryl
Mar 7, 2009
Sorry to bring back squirrel chat, but the local ones are ballsy fuckers. We feed a fat one we call Jimmy, and he just does not care. I apologize for the shaking, and the quick look at my old man. I was surprised he wasn't tearing off after him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A56Nh1omAII

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Tom Funk posted:

This is my cat Falkor. Now, I know he's probably not the cutest cat in the world, and, well, he usually has a constant expression of either displeasure:

or anger. That is a pissed off lookin' dude.

but sometimes he is precious

and his eyes are beautiful

Let me tell you about how I got Falkor.

For some absurd reason, I didn’t have a cat. I wanted to change that so I decided to go the the local animal shelter. Now, my whole thing was that I wanted to go into the cat room (cat rooms are magical, wonderful places) and have the cat choose me.

I hung around in the room for about 10 minutes, and while there were some pretty rad cats, none of them really spoke to me. Well, that cat-lady came in and asked which one I wanted and I told here I wasn’t sure. Just then this goofball of a tubby, large-chined grey cat strolled up to me and *booped* me in my leg.

I asked here what his name was and she told me Falkor.

If you don’t know, Falkor is the greatest character from the greatest movie ever made and my childhood favorite, The NeverEnding Story. It was meant to be.

I love him more that I thought was possible. He gives head boops all the time and is the neediest, sweetest lil' guy in the world.

Falkor has a chronic :what: face.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

An update on Thomas from the previous video and the Indiegogo site that has so far raised over $142,000 to help him out :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y60sVHNsl-U

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'M FULL OF OWLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylZPI9im9To

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Jan 21, 2015

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Owls are just air cats.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sociopastry posted:

Owls are just air cats.

Hmm, let's see .... they chase mice, they cough up furballs, they'll sit on anything you leave on your desk and they'll insist on sitting on your whenever you sit down ...

Yep, checks out. :v:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

kannonfodder posted:

The story I heard (don't know how true) is the cat lived in horse stables, so it mimicked the way the horses walked.

I can believe this. When my orange tabby was a kitten he spent a good week or more trying to walk on his hind legs since we were the only other "cats" he ever saw, and we walk on our hind legs. He gave up eventually, but it was the cutest thing for a while there.

I don't have any pictures of this, but here he is a few years ago, standing with the assistance of the windowsill:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I want an owl to sit on my head now :(

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I want an owl to sit on my head now :(

They have Owl Cafes in Japan. It's just like Cat Cafes, except it's owls.

http://kotaku.com/who-thinks-japans-owl-cafes-are-a-hoot-1453247424

So if you go to Japan, you too can have owls sitting on your head/arm/shoulder.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Could I please request more pics of WMD level cuteness, in the form of Red pandas?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:siren: Paging Silver Alicorn :siren:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

Ozz81 posted:

An update on Thomas from the previous video and the Indiegogo site that has so far raised over $142,000 to help him out :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y60sVHNsl-U

This needs more attention. I just think this is awesome. I hope Thomas gets a great career that he loves.

EDIT:
I'm about to start a job at a distribution center's bakery and I'm a little nervous since I've never done anything remotely like it before. It reminded me of this video.

I hope I can one day get as good as this guy. And enjoy it as much as he seems to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuKstAWof4

Buggiezor has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Jan 21, 2015

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
One upside to the snow, it apparently makes my cat loving nuts.

I was out at work but my fiancee had the wherewithal to film it. There's 4 short videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDP6iIllqo&list=PL6zCVJQMyK6sR8jTId_NWrLk5DuKooxoa

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Buggiezor posted:

I'm about to start a job at a distribution center's bakery and I'm a little nervous since I've never done anything remotely like it before. It reminded me of this video.

Good luck! You can do anything!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Buggiezor posted:

This needs more attention. I just think this is awesome. I hope Thomas gets a great career that he loves.

EDIT:

I hope I can one day get as good as this guy. And enjoy it as much as he seems to.

Well if its a distribution center you probably just pack stuff.

But if you ever get put in charge of anything or need to make product, I got some one single piece of advice for you.

Never, EVER experiment with pastries, you can gently caress around a bit with most recipes, anything related to bakery is very precise, your margins for experimenting are very narrow.

Hype
Apr 12, 2011

Going back to possum chat from a few pages ago, this is my pet short-tailed opossum, Pepper.

I've had her almost 3 years now and she's been an absolutely wonderful pet. Fully litter trained, comes running when I make kissy noises at her, and loves sleeping in jacket pockets. She's actually curled up and fast asleep in my lap as I type this. :kimchi:

And as an added bonus, she glows neon orange/pink under a black light! :pcgaming:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Buggiezor posted:

You can do anything you want as well as you want to - and if you love it, you'll never work a day in your life :)

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Hype posted:

Going back to possum chat from a few pages ago, this is my pet short-tailed opossum, Pepper.

I've had her almost 3 years now and she's been an absolutely wonderful pet. Fully litter trained, comes running when I make kissy noises at her, and loves sleeping in jacket pockets. She's actually curled up and fast asleep in my lap as I type this. :kimchi:

And as an added bonus, she glows neon orange/pink under a black light! :pcgaming:

:kimchi:

Whaaaaaat? Why does she glow? That's so cool.

:possumdrugs:

Hype
Apr 12, 2011

blunt for century posted:

:kimchi:

Whaaaaaat? Why does she glow? That's so cool.

:possumdrugs:

I actually have no idea! I found one source that said it's to scare off nocturnal predators, but have never found any research to back it up. I only discovered it from watching random youtube videos of STOs.

Hype has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Jan 22, 2015

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Hype posted:

Oh my goooood. How did you end up with Pepper for a pet?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Storm's comin'.

Hype
Apr 12, 2011

Sociopastry posted:

Oh my goooood. How did you end up with Pepper for a pet?

They actually pop up for sale at reptile shows fairly often. I did a lot of research beforehand, and got her from a breeder at the Columbia, SC Repticon.

To contribute, here are some adorable pics of my favorite possum, the golden brushtail. :3:

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Is it just me, or do Baldwin Guinea Pigs look like little hippos :allears:.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

kinmik posted:

One day after school, I was sitting putting a puzzle together when my brother walks in and dumps a tuft of scratchy feathers on the back of my neck. He had found an abandoned baby bulbul on the sidewalk and decided it needed to come home with him. It was the fugliest little thing, eyes barely open and covered in pinfeathers. Then it started growing up.

He named it Ironbeak after a character in his books, but my mom shortened it to IB. When IB entered his rear end in a top hat teen years, he started taking to higher places when we weren't feeding him and would clack his beak at us if we tried to approach him. I got bit once or twice too. My parents found it hilarious. He eventually escaped through the windows at the top of our house and we found him outside in our guava tree courting another young bird with what we presumed to be her dad screeching his head off at IB. Godspeed, you little fucker, hope you had lots of little baby rear end in a top hat birds. :3:

I love stories like these. :3: There's an Ironbeak in one of the Redwall books, is that where he got the name from?

Oh, I bet the shedding is a nightmare.

I like that just his nose is unshaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbHRaNNBuY

• Locked thread