Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
aers
Feb 15, 2012

Heh, fuckin nerds and their anime. Now if you'll excuse me I've got to discuss the minutiae of Toei's staffing situation in the past decade with some fellow normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

It was 2009 and I was celebrating my 19th birthday visiting some friends in New York City. My friends got me some "alternative forms of identification", and we got into a bar. I really hate the taste of alcohol, but I didn't want to let my friends down, so I had a few drinks.

This place was kinda dark and empty, but up against one corner of the bar was this beautiful young girl playing the piano kind of softly. Most people were talking to their friends or busy drinking a lot so she was pretty much ignored, but she sounded so beautiful that I had to get closer. Time seemed to go by incredibly fast (must have been the alcohol in my little body) but after a while I ended up being the only person listening to her. When she took a break from playing she came down and talked to me for a few minutes just about a few little things. We hit it off almost instantly as I was able to make her laugh, and I was surprised that even though she had a slightly thick Japanese accent we could completely understand each other. My friends were ready to leave, but I told them I would catch up later.

She went up and played piano and sang for a little while again, and again I was the only one listening. She stopped after two more songs and came down to talk with me again. She told me all sorts of things about how her parents got her into music, how she'd lived in Japan, how she was in a light music club with her friends in high school, and about all the fun times they had drinking tea and eating cakes in their clubroom.

At first I was trying to be all tough and manly, to kinda impress her.. bragging about things I had done in my life. She caught on to it, and she told me, "Listen honey. There's hundreds of strong men out there. I like men who are kind, who are honest, men who can be open with me." I switched gears from there, and it turned out she was much more happy to talk with me being myself then someone who was trying to be showy.

It was almost time to go so she got up on stage and played one last song, she started by saying "This one's for you, honey," and pointed at me. I was amazed because I couldn't remember up to that point a girl ever being so friendly with me.

The bar was closing up and I asked to help her put her stuff away. I asked her if she had a cd that I could buy so I could hear her again. She came back with, "You don't need a cd, I'll give you a private performance. Why don't you come back to my place?" My jaw dropped to the floor, but I did my best to keep my cool.

We were driving back to her apartment and we talked for a bit more, and I realized I hadn't even asked this girl her name! I embarassingly asked her, and she told me, "That's ok, I don't know yours either. My name is Tsumugi, Tsumugi Kotobuki." I told her my last name, and because of her Japan-english, she couldn't pronounce it correctly. She tried a couple times, but was unsuccesful. I was wearing a coat with a big fluffy part around the neck at the time and she made a comment about how when i wore it I was having a fluffy fluffy time. Whatever that means. It made me laugh.

Anyways we got back to her place, one of those big studios with a really high ceiling. She got the place so she could play her music all the time without people complaining. She played a few of the more softer, quieter songs which I loved. She offered me something to eat, but we got into the kitchen and she had all this weird Japanese food, so I wasn't really sure what any of it was so I just said no thank you.

She asked me if I was going to stay and I said I wanted to. I won't bore you with the details of the afterwards, but I'll say it was my first time and I was no stallion, but I held her for a while after. I told her how beautiful she was and how beautiful this whole night had been, but at the same time sad because I knew that I didn't live here and we couldn't have a relationship. We talked for a while about stupid little things and eventually fell asleep in each others arms.

She had another gig to go to the next day so she was off in a different direction. I thanked her as she left and she told me that she was proud to be the first girl who loved me.

I went back to my friends bragging, of course, but I figured this was girl was just one of hundreds trying desperately to make it and never succeeding. My life went on, and it never really occurred to me to look up this girl and see how she was doing, partially because I was busy with a serious relationship. Out of the blue, a few months ago she sent me a CD in the mail -- autographed, saying: "To Dick Spacious CPA.. I loved you first - Mugi."

So now I do a google search and it turns out, wow, this girl got really popular. Even cooler than that, she wrote a song about that night! It's called Fuwa Fuwa Time, and when I heard it for the first time, it brought back lots of memories.

Sadly, I've gotten married in those in-between years, so nothing will come of it. But I wrote her a nice letter telling her what's happened since that night, and telling her how happy I was that she had gotten so popular. I hope to hear back from her eventually.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gently caress the dumb regina spektor story

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

It was 2009 and I was celebrating my 19th birthday visiting some friends in New York City. My friends got me some "alternative forms of identification", and we got into a bar. I really hate the taste of alcohol, but I didn't want to let my friends down, so I had a few drinks.

This place was kinda dark and empty, but up against one corner of the bar was this beautiful young girl playing the piano kind of softly. Most people were talking to their friends or busy drinking a lot so she was pretty much ignored, but she sounded so beautiful that I had to get closer. Time seemed to go by incredibly fast (must have been the alcohol in my little body) but after a while I ended up being the only person listening to her. When she took a break from playing she came down and talked to me for a few minutes just about a few little things. We hit it off almost instantly as I was able to make her laugh, and I was surprised that even though she had a slightly thick Japanese accent we could completely understand each other. My friends were ready to leave, but I told them I would catch up later.

She went up and played piano and sang for a little while again, and again I was the only one listening. She stopped after two more songs and came down to talk with me again. She told me all sorts of things about how her parents got her into music, how she'd lived in Japan, how she was in a light music club with her friends in high school, and about all the fun times they had drinking tea and eating cakes in their clubroom.

At first I was trying to be all tough and manly, to kinda impress her.. bragging about things I had done in my life. She caught on to it, and she told me, "Listen honey. There's hundreds of strong men out there. I like men who are kind, who are honest, men who can be open with me." I switched gears from there, and it turned out she was much more happy to talk with me being myself then someone who was trying to be showy.

It was almost time to go so she got up on stage and played one last song, she started by saying "This one's for you, honey," and pointed at me. I was amazed because I couldn't remember up to that point a girl ever being so friendly with me.

The bar was closing up and I asked to help her put her stuff away. I asked her if she had a cd that I could buy so I could hear her again. She came back with, "You don't need a cd, I'll give you a private performance. Why don't you come back to my place?" My jaw dropped to the floor, but I did my best to keep my cool.

We were driving back to her apartment and we talked for a bit more, and I realized I hadn't even asked this girl her name! I embarassingly asked her, and she told me, "That's ok, I don't know yours either. My name is Tsumugi, Tsumugi Kotobuki." I told her my last name, and because of her Japan-english, she couldn't pronounce it correctly. She tried a couple times, but was unsuccesful. I was wearing a coat with a big fluffy part around the neck at the time and she made a comment about how when i wore it I was having a fluffy fluffy time. Whatever that means. It made me laugh.

Anyways we got back to her place, one of those big studios with a really high ceiling. She got the place so she could play her music all the time without people complaining. She played a few of the more softer, quieter songs which I loved. She offered me something to eat, but we got into the kitchen and she had all this weird Japanese food, so I wasn't really sure what any of it was so I just said no thank you.

She asked me if I was going to stay and I said I wanted to. I won't bore you with the details of the afterwards, but I'll say it was my first time and I was no stallion, but I held her for a while after. I told her how beautiful she was and how beautiful this whole night had been, but at the same time sad because I knew that I didn't live here and we couldn't have a relationship. We talked for a while about stupid little things and eventually fell asleep in each others arms.

She had another gig to go to the next day so she was off in a different direction. I thanked her as she left and she told me that she was proud to be the first girl who loved me.

I went back to my friends bragging, of course, but I figured this was girl was just one of hundreds trying desperately to make it and never succeeding. My life went on, and it never really occurred to me to look up this girl and see how she was doing, partially because I was busy with a serious relationship. Out of the blue, a few months ago she sent me a CD in the mail -- autographed, saying: "To Dick Spacious CPA.. I loved you first - Mugi."

So now I do a google search and it turns out, wow, this girl got really popular. Even cooler than that, she wrote a song about that night! It's called Fuwa Fuwa Time, and when I heard it for the first time, it brought back lots of memories.

Sadly, I've gotten married in those in-between years, so nothing will come of it. But I wrote her a nice letter telling her what's happened since that night, and telling her how happy I was that she had gotten so popular. I hope to hear back from her eventually.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For a second there, I had a flashback to that thread about the girl who was married to Sephiroth or some other bishie anime dudes. Then I remembered that I was in ADTRW and that I was reading a post by our venerable Richard Spacious, CPA. Please never stop posting here, dude.

(I kinda miss Dickeye)

vvvv e: Really? I thought dude stopped posting. I remember reading his posts in the Bleach thread and finding them fairly fun. However, since I basically stopped following Bleach altogether I thought I wouldn't see the dude's posts again. His Ferris Bueller avatar always made me smile. That and the "Shounen Prophet" dude.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 21, 2015

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dickeye didn't go anywhere.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

he literally posted on the previous page dude

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mio wrote those lyrics

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I swear it's like I'm the lawyer dude from Scrubs: Eternal foot in mouth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGWQfK-6DY

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That's me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

a kitten posted:

Well he posts on SA, so that's basically a given. Not generally in adtrw though.
Neither does his fiancee really, but people post where they like to post I guess

Jay O would have probably made some interesting posts on the old KLK thread that's for sure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Neither does his fiancee really, but people post where they like to post I guess

Jay O would have probably made some interesting posts on the old KLK thread that's for sure.
interesting posts is the last thing the klk thread needed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I miss dickeye as well but i just got a more accurate RPG-7 launcher and that won't happen again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

you paid 10 dollars to post on an internet forum and a further five dollars to have an avatar of dude from one piece flipping somebody off

it's you

you're the turbonerd

This post really made me re-evaluate my life and everything I did in it.

I'm still better than the crap I see at conventions...although I'm still AT a convention. Oh.:ohdear:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Walking Dead is a p. win comic even though it's western shite.

Please don't troll.

Wark Say posted:

For a second there, I had a flashback to that thread about the girl who was married to Sephiroth or some other bishie anime dudes. Then I remembered that I was in ADTRW and that I was reading a post by our venerable Richard Spacious, CPA. Please never stop posting here, dude.

(I kinda miss Dickeye)

vvvv e: Really? I thought dude stopped posting. I remember reading his posts in the Bleach thread and finding them fairly fun. However, since I basically stopped following Bleach altogether I thought I wouldn't see the dude's posts again. His Ferris Bueller avatar always made me smile. That and the "Shounen Prophet" dude.

Yeah hi hello it's me I don't post about Bleach anymore because I don't post in any of the non-toku megathreads anymore because I find msot of the discussion in those threads to be insufferable also because Bleach is a loving awwwwwwful comic.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

drat, Galaxy Express 999 rules so much. I should never have taken a break from the show.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Srice posted:

drat, Galaxy Express 999 rules so much. I should never have taken a break from the show.

please tell me it's about trains in space

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

everythingWasBees posted:

It is.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
everythingwasbees, or "lil brojo" as we call him,

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

and space cowboys

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
now that moot's resigned let's convince him to come back here and discuss anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If moot wishes to discuss anime once again with goons then I shall readily welcome him.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

come back moot~

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those are some impressive numbers he listed, geez

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

and space cowboys

yesss

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It is! And also a kid that does not hesitate to kill, goddamn.

The movies are cool and the tv series is different in style so both are fun to watch.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Those are some impressive numbers he listed, geez
they sure are
    42,176,061,890 Total pageviews
    1,771,091,423 Total posts
    1,071,189,182 Total visitors
    620,125,147 Monthly pageviews
    21,128,887 Daily pageviews
    20,360,487 Monthly visitors
    1,223,807 Daily visitors
    2,838 Terabytes per month
    105 Volunteers
    63 Boards
    1 Administrator

clearly, we need moot to post here again in order to ensure adtrw gets that kind of success

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wow, he stepped down. Good for him. He's needed to step out from behind making GBS threads dick nipples' shadow for a while now.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

though if you dont like kid protagonists the other leiji shows, space pirate captain harlock and space battleship yamamoto might be more suited to your tastes

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

XyloJW posted:

Watching tiger and bunny. It's not bad. Thanks for the recommendation. Adtrw shall remain open.

is this like a 1001 nights type thing where we have to keep you perpetually entertained or else you'll shut down the forums and ban all of us?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xylo is my friend, please do not disrespect his anime wishes.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

everythingwasbees, or "lil brojo" as we call him,

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

there's something wrong with that guy's neck, he should probably get that checked out

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Japan is using "memes" and "anime culture" in order to support the two men who were kidnapped by the dastardly organization "Aisisu"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is that what the SOS Brigade is calling itself these days?

• Locked thread