Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

So is the (presumably) penultimate cutscene playing the wrong scene a known bug? I go up to Satan's Balcony and it just plays the intro cutscene again, but the subtitles are clearly for the correct scene, but the visuals and audio are the intro cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Fereydun posted:

in buggy, saaaa~aaaaaints roooooooooooowwwwwwwww~

Where's my loving caaaaar?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Doomsayer posted:

So is the (presumably) penultimate cutscene playing the wrong scene a known bug? I go up to Satan's Balcony and it just plays the intro cutscene again, but the subtitles are clearly for the correct scene, but the visuals and audio are the intro cutscene.

yep, just skip it for now.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Doomsayer posted:

Known issue. We're looking into it.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Odd that that isn't it. Hm.

I wonder if the checksum files aren't busted.

Look for manifest 301910 in the SteamApps Gat Out of Hell is in, and manifests 301911_* and 301912_* in [Steam]\depotcache\. Also ClientRegistry.blob, because who knows. Move all of those away. If Windows won't let you move them, disable Steam from starting up with Windows, restart Windows, then do it.

Then restart Steam and reinstall Gat Out of Hell over itself. If it works and doesn't hurt anything else, we don't need those four files anymore.

If that still doesn't help we have a conundrum.

Alright, closing the game out for the night anyway so gonna give this a shot now.

EDIT: Nope, didn't fix it. And just to be clear, I install it, it runs once, then somehow it all gets corrupted and refuses to run again until I uninstall and reinstall it. As in, I don't get a splash screen or anything. And starting the .exe manually in from "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell" results in this error

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 21, 2015

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

IdolNinja posted:

Known issue. We're looking into it.

drat, I was looking forward to that scene :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Question: is anyone playing on PC (successfully) using a DS4 controller?

I've read several people on various sites all having issues with pressing up on the left stick and running backwards and back running forwards.

Inverting my stick in DS4Windows does not remedy. Nor does just turning off DS4Windows completely.

It's the oddest drat thing...

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Anyone have a link to the cinematic that's supposed to play before the Crash the Wedding mission? It's just replaying a portion of the intro cinematic for me.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Well, guess I am lucky this game is only unlocking tomorrow.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Who's the Zin hanging out at the beginning? From a DLC I guess? I only played through those once and don't remember much aside from saints flow can, evil Santa.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Who's the Zin hanging out at the beginning? From a DLC I guess? I only played through those once and don't remember much aside from saints flow can, evil Santa.

Zinyak's lieutenant Zinjai, the one who turns Zinyak's empire over to you in the actual ending to SR4.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Who's the Zin hanging out at the beginning?

That's Zinjai, who was Zinyak's requisite simpering servant/exposition spouter in SR4. He's the one who explains the extent of the Zin empire and their tech to you.

After an hour or so I think I'm digging it. I'm not quite good with the flight yet, but I can see the skill curve ahead of me. I'm out there getting orbs and driving the wrong way and stuff feels good so far. Also I love the billboards.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
My game code doesn't exist on GameStop's website. :(

EDIT: Nevermind I'm an idiot, I ordered Gat Out of Hell as a guest so I had to go through some special process to get the code.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 21, 2015

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
So my credit card was denied by gamestop due to an error of my own, but they still sent me a code for the devil's workshop DLC anyways. :v: Gamestop is a loving mess.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, this is pretty much Saints Row: More poo poo To Do. I can see why people are disappointed but it's an excuse to blow poo poo up with new toys again. I like.

holy poo poo Gat's takedowns

Yeah, not sure why people were expecting something more than this.

Then again people have been bitching about the SR games for all sorts of reasons since forever, the most common complaint being that it isn't literally GTA

Not being GTA is a good thing

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tricky Ed posted:

That's Zinjai, who was Zinyak's requisite simpering servant/exposition spouter in SR4. He's the one who explains the extent of the Zin empire and their tech to you.

I love how he just seems so HAPPY with the Boss now. He's just part of the circle of friends instead of being a servant.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You know I am liking it a lot so far. Even through I rushed to get the powers, I am going to take it a bit slower just doing diversions (especially to avoid that cutscene bug from above).

I knew that the Boss would represent the one you used in the last save, but I wasn't expecting them to have their VA back, which isn't a bad thing as I rather like the Laura Bailey boss.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Flying is pretty fun.

I'm a little nervous, as my game timer's at 2:44, and I'm 47% of the way through the game -- mostly spent swooping around grabbing baubles.

One complaint so far: I wish they'd proofread the script a bit more carefully. Some of the lines are pretty awkwardly written (and spelled).

Only bug so far was the one from regular SRIV where the game stays permanently minimized at the Volition logo unless you mash Escape the moment it appears on screen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Feenix posted:

Question: is anyone playing on PC (successfully) using a DS4 controller?

I've read several people on various sites all having issues with pressing up on the left stick and running backwards and back running forwards.

Inverting my stick in DS4Windows does not remedy. Nor does just turning off DS4Windows completely.

It's the oddest drat thing...

I am. I'm only using the SCP Drivers, not DS4Windows or anything though. Also, is it just me or are there no sound effects for carjacking?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

This game has its issues, but I really don't know why the Eurogamer review made a big deal about the anti-air spires ruining flying. As soon as those show up, you can get an ability that lets you dodge missiles with a single button press. I've never been shot down by those things.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kilonum posted:

Alright, closing the game out for the night anyway so gonna give this a shot now.

EDIT: Nope, didn't fix it. And just to be clear, I install it, it runs once, then somehow it all gets corrupted and refuses to run again until I uninstall and reinstall it. As in, I don't get a splash screen or anything. And starting the .exe manually in from "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell" results in this error

From past experience 0xc0000005 errors are generally caused by hardware failure.

Hope you backed everything up.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
This game is pretty fun. I am now killing people in hell. Not sure how that works.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

PassTheRemote posted:

This game is pretty fun. I am now killing people in hell. Not sure how that works.

See, that's what makes it hilarious. Half the people down in Hell were put there by Johnny Gat, and then he does all these Salvation missions to save them again. Incidentally, I am super-curious as to what the Boss' reaction is going to be, but while I can't imagine she's all that excited to be married, you can't tell me she doesn't want to be the God-Emperor of Hell.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rirse posted:

I knew that the Boss would represent the one you used in the last save, but I wasn't expecting them to have their VA back, which isn't a bad thing as I rather like the Laura Bailey boss.

All the voices are back except Troy Baker. If you had Male Voice 1 it gets carried over with Nolan North's voice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

All the voices are back except Troy Baker. If you had Male Voice 1 it gets carried over with Nolan North's voice.

I'm not sure if that is dumb or a great joke. It is possibly both.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wait, wasn't he in trailers? :psyduck:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

ayn rand hand job posted:

From past experience 0xc0000005 errors are generally caused by hardware failure.

Application errors? Or Stop Codes?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What nooo, Troy Baker's my one and only boss. I specifically kept a save from my first playthrough around when I heard Gat out of Hell would grab your boss from saves. :( Oh well, silver lining: after you guys being all about Female 1 these past few years I finally gave her a go and I'm definitely warming up to her in a big way.

The lack of mission replay really hurts SR3 and 4 in that regard. I used to spend so much time with my completed SR2 save just rewatching cutscenes with different characters or replaying missions with incidental dialogue. I get the technical reasons but it's still a bummer.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I have a yellow flag on my map and it won't go away! how do I clear it??

The yellow flags the end goals for roaming bonus souls. Catch them and destroy them like the golden snitch CIDs from SRIV.

Medullah posted:

Does upgrading the Shakespeare skull make it actually good? It seems like it's mostly useless, doesn't seem to damage anything other than husks at the early stages of the game.

I'd say yes. Fully upgraded it tears through the arch demons in no time.

I played for about two hours mostly dicking around and I just hit 50% completion (on story). It's fun. It's more Saint's Row, but it is going to be a fast ride.

It's a roller coaster, not a feature length film. It's fast. It's short, but it's fun.

Anyone who got this for $5 got an absolute bargain

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure if that is dumb or a great joke. It is possibly both.

They should have just got Matt Mercer (who voices Blackbeard in GOOH) to do the lines for Male Voice 1. He's actually a pretty decent Troy Baker soundalike.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait, wasn't he in trailers? :psyduck:

It's a bug.

If anyone is crashing shortly after hitting new campaign go back to IV and make sure your boss isn't using dlc hairstyles. Some of them are causing a crash at import.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Mokinokaro posted:

It's a bug.

The credits list every SR4 boss voice except Troy Baker.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Wiseblood posted:

The credits list every SR4 boss voice except Troy Baker.

I think we found it. The one video game without Troy Baker.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I really liked Blackbeard's audio logs. It's like pirate poetry and is surprisingly heartfelt.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

PassTheRemote posted:

One of the tomes you can pick up actually explains it - being killed in hell scatters essentially disperses your soul for 1000 years while it reforms in a horrible, painful process.

Although apparently Dex has learned to do it much, much faster.

Mimetastic
Nov 10, 2009

A Stupid Baby posted:

Anyone have a link to the cinematic that's supposed to play before the Crash the Wedding mission? It's just replaying a portion of the intro cinematic for me.

Seconding this, has anyone uploaded cutscenes to YouTube yet? I have this bug even after reinstalling and verifying my game cache. I was super excited for that cutscene too :ohdear:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Crappy Jack posted:

I think we found it. The one video game without Troy Baker.

Suddenly a lot of games where Troy Baker voiced a recurring character had him replaced suddenly. It like "I was in Last of Us" and decided he too good for some of these games.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

A bit of another bug thing as well that several other people seem to be having. At least on ps4, trophies do not seem to show up in your list. I can earn them just fine, but the trophy list never updates with anything SR.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

ayn rand hand job posted:

If it were a hardware issue I would be getting problems with other games/programs. I'm not, it's just this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The Cheshire Cat posted:

One of the tomes you can pick up actually explains it - being killed in hell scatters essentially disperses your soul for 1000 years while it reforms in a horrible, painful process.

Although apparently Dex has learned to do it much, much faster.

Dunno, was that for dying in general or only if you kill yourself?

The mission tells you to kill Dex 7 times. I'm over 30 times, personally.

• Locked thread