Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JerryLee posted:

Basically all that's been shown is that Poe's Law (or a corollary thereof) applies to Games Workshop, which is funny but not really earth-shattering.

All it showed is that the regulars on this board are way too salty about a game that they may or may not be supporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gaylord, you should just photoshop more models on oval bases and continue leaking them on sites like Dakka. That's the best thing that's happened here.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

BULBASAUR posted:

Gaylord, you should just photoshop more models on oval bases and continue leaking them on sites like Dakka. That's the best thing that's happened here.

Agreed.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I say start photoshopping necron warriors ranked up on square bases instead.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Make the photoshops gradually worse until dakka and warseer finally notice something's wrong.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ignite Memories posted:

I say start photoshopping necron warriors ranked up on square bases instead.

I was thinking about photoshopping demons onto round bases tbf.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

I was thinking about photoshopping demons onto round bases tbf.

They're already on round bases for 40k

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

S.J. posted:

They're already on round bases for 40k

:thejoke:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't know what to believe anymore!!!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The power of my belief proves otherwise :smug:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

BULBASAUR posted:

I don't know what to believe anymore!!!

It's hexagons now. Wotc bought GW and is redoing 40k for battletech.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Except it's collectible and pre-painted now.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Implying that battletech rules wouldn't be good for some Titan on Titan action...and still be easier than the original Titan rules:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

with this base

Wait what the gently caress is this?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

40k is moving into a crossover with Cold War Commander, minis are now 6mm and Warsaw Pact forces can now fight space marines.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pierzak posted:

Except it's collectible and pre-painted now.

I have an uncle who works for GW, and he heard the higher ups saying "Rackham had the right idea, what could go wrong!"

Herr Tog posted:

An amazing Chaos walker that is great because people hate it for some reason despite having decent rules and being 40k as gently caress.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

JcDent posted:

Implying that battletech rules wouldn't be good for some Titan on Titan action...and still be easier than the original Titan rules:

Imply nothing, my imaginary internet friend. It's a match made in heaven.

"My wolf titan attacks your Gargant"
"Ok, which weapon systems are firing"
"I'm going to fire them all"
"*sigh* yeah, ok. Let's get started."
"Alright, Left arm hellcannon." *rolls 3D6* "What's your piloting skill?
"Gargants don't get a piloting skill dodge, they get a Mek shield that has a 3+ chance to deflect any hit."
"So what do I need to hit?"
"What's your BS?"
"4... no wait, that's the chief weapons officer. I think the right arm is run by a machine spirit with a BS of 3."
"Wait, nevermind, Gargants have the 'unpredictable lumbering' rule, so you always hit them on a roll of 3."
"Yeah, ok. So I hit."
"Ok, I'll roll the shield effect. "*rolls*"Hit misses."
"Ok, well it's twin linked, so I hit twice with that arm."
"K."*rolls*"that one lands. Roll location."
*rolls* "Clavicle. Wait, no. That's if I'm firing from the front arc, but this is the right front hex face... Shoulder."
"How much damage."
*rolls* "12"
"Ok, that's 8 point of armor, and then it destroys the structure, and does one point of clavicle armor damage. I need to roll to see if you disabled a system." *roll* "Looks like the Lifta Droppa is broken until" *rolls* "turn 5."
"Sweet, I need to roll heat for the hellcannon. Let's see. 2d6, high die is heat, low die is number of heatsinks that I can assign to cool it. "*rolls*"High is 6, low is 2. 3+ results in Cooling rating in reduced heat..."*rolls*" Ok, one of them takes effect, so that's only 2 heat. Cool. So... firing right arm hellcannon..."

:froggonk:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

"My wolf titan attacks your Gargant"

:froggonk:

I don't want to live in a universe where this happens.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah seriously it's called a warhound you loving philistine

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
My WHM-6K Warhammer attacks your gently caress it that was all the joke I had in me

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
:golfclap:

I reckon Gaylord shopped the two 'source' images from the original Newhammer one :tinfoil:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

I have an uncle who works for GW, and he heard the higher ups saying "Rackham had the right idea, what could go wrong!"

An amazing Chaos walker that is great because people hate it for some reason despite having decent rules and being 40k as gently caress.

Never loving heard of that. Thanks!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Herr Tog posted:

It's a dinobot. Haven't you seen dinobots before?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

It's a dinobot. Haven't you seen dinobots before?

Fucker that is no Grimlock.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nah its Grimdark.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

RE: warpath, the warpath universe is about neoliberalism rather than theocracy/fascism, it's a much more modern dystopia than 40k, but that means that things are way less ott visually - the idea is that clean modern looking stuff is a veneer for massive injustice and inequality. One of the main themes of the setting is freedom/justice vs safety, but most of the danger was caused by the people offering you safety.

(I like being able to run space communists revolutionaries)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there anyone at GW who has been there since the beginning, or even near it?

Jervis at a guess

serious gaylord posted:

It wasn't done to 'own' anyone. I just wanted to see what would happen if you threw up completely unsubstantiated picture and how far it would get before anyone even questioned it. The round skaven bases are real, which probably helped with its believability.

You know what, it almost had more credibility because you posted it.. of all the people in this thread I would not expect to post rumour pictures, you would rank near the top

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

enri posted:

You know what, it almost had more credibility because you posted it.. of all the people in this thread I would not expect to post rumour pictures, you would rank near the top

Not sure which is worse, the fact that he posted it in a ":smug: DANCE PUPPETS DANCE" manner, or the people in the WHFB thread who were basically all ":hfive: HELLZ YEA YOU SHOWED THE GW DEATH THREAD WHATZ UP" :rolleyes:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It would be a more impressive troll if the Skaven Screaming Bell images didn't also exist.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Not sure which is worse, the fact that he posted it in a ":smug: DANCE PUPPETS DANCE" manner, or the people in the WHFB thread who were basically all ":hfive: HELLZ YEA YOU SHOWED THE GW DEATH THREAD WHATZ UP" :rolleyes:

:allears:

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Call it a hunch but I bet whether or not they upend Fantasy in a few months, Games Workshop will still be a really bad company.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
For the last time, it wasnt a troll, nor a 'dance puppets dance'. I just literally wanted to see how far an image would spread when posted on a single forum.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If it makes you feel better, I'm sure nobody will believe anything you say about GW again. Heck, I'm starting to retroactively doubt stuff you've said in the past!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

For the last time, it wasnt a troll, nor a 'dance puppets dance'. I just literally wanted to see how far an image would spread when posted on a single forum.

This would be less funny if it didn't accentuate how hilariously thin-skinned you are about anyone insulting you or your warhams in a bad thread on a comedy forum

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

moths posted:

If it makes you feel better, I'm sure nobody will believe anything you say about GW again. Heck, I'm starting to retroactively doubt stuff you've said in the past!

Not that anyone did in the first place.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

For a while there it was nice to think someone's uncle really did work at Nintendo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

moths posted:

I'm completely comfortable with that.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Sydney Bottocks posted:

There was one guy who acknowledged it and that might've even been just for the troll value.

We can still play/like GW games even if we don't like the way the company runs things.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Not a viking posted:

We can still play/like GW games even if we don't like the way the company runs things.

Take that back. Or I'll get Broken loose and Tekopo to come in and explain to you why fun is not germaine to a discussion of whether a game is good or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Take that back. Or I'll get Broken loose and Tekopo to come in and explain to you why fun is not germaine to a discussion of whether a game is good or not.

a fate worse than death...

• Locked thread