Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Captain Foo posted:

who is .cx anyway

christmas island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Thesoro posted:

christmas island

thank

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bloody posted:

i recall a radio station running a soup or bowl contest about soups and bowls or something inane one year

same except 'hold your wee for a wii' and someone died, lol

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Necc0 posted:

i want more. why aren't there more
i have not wanted to buy a printed collection of internet cartoons this badly since get your war on

maybe that's part of the metajoke

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

computer parts posted:

tbh you could probably solve that (and most of the systems that are using JIT-scheduling) by just having a smaller number of full time workers

but that would (on paper at least) cost more sooooooo

lol walmart's staffing is so hosed up. the waltons are get their grubby hands on every last penny they can get and it is destroying the company from the inside out. they routinely roll out new initiatives or requirements to stores but don't give them any more employee hours to complete them with.

seriously considering just saying fuckit and making costco my main shopping point.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Shifty Pony posted:

seriously considering just saying fuckit and making costco my main shopping point.

you won't though.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

lol walmart's staffing is so hosed up. the waltons are get their grubby hands on every last penny they can get and it is destroying the company from the inside out. they routinely roll out new initiatives or requirements to stores but don't give them any more employee hours to complete them with.

how do you shop at walmart without succumbing to crippling depression

seriously, i get irl depressed whenever i go to walmart

hobby lobby is able to do the same thing to me, there's something subliminal about the store layout and methodologies

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

duTrieux. posted:

hobby lobby is able to do the same thing to me, there's something subliminal about the store layout and methodologies

the only place i really feel that is target

though the walmart here is one of those super centers so it's not inherently depressing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

weird, i don't get it at target

guess it's a confluenc eof cultural factors

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i always have to poop in bookstores, though. something about the vanillan in the air maybe

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

duTrieux. posted:

you smirk at the walmart slaves and feel smug about having a better lot in life than those animals.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol no, i've worked retail

reading
Jul 27, 2013

Dirk Pitt posted:

Also, why does open source attract terrible people?

Because it's open, that is to say you don't see all the lovely stuff from internal Microsoft/Apple memos and awful code produced by them and the stuff that gets said on their internal mailing lists or dev meetings.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

reading posted:

Because it's open, that is to say you don't see all the lovely stuff from internal Microsoft/Apple memos and awful code produced by them and the stuff that gets said on their internal mailing lists or dev meetings.

so many outright lies. (in the internal stuff, not this post)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
open sores attracts people who cant get jobs at real companies.

the few open sores projects that are good actually come from people at real companies.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

you won't though.

yeah HEB is too good to give up.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

i always have to poop in bookstores, though. something about the vanillan in the air maybe

same, except only used book stores

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

duTrieux. posted:

i've never entered or even seen a hobby lobby.

gently caress stores that won't use barcodes in the year of our ford 2015

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I'm back in mountain view this week and i noticed some place called 'quixey' has a couple big offices right downtown and ive never heard of those people

also there was a free wifi called 'company (xxx) is hiring' which i thought was pretty clever

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

i've never entered or even seen a hobby lobby.

gently caress stores that won't use barcodes in the year of our ford 2015

they're the mark of the beast

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i went into one once, in phoenix, looking for servomotors.

it was completely deserted except for the employees, who were all goony and surly, and they wanted $50 for a part i could have gotten on amazon for $25, or the chinese knockoff on aliexpress for $8.

never again

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
So basically michaels.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah HEB is too good to give up.

i might move back to tx and the only thing i look forward to really is heb. poo poo owns

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
late to emr chat, but back around the end of the last bubble a friend and i had an idea for an emr platform (this was before emr was really a thing up here). we knew the ontario government was rumbling about making it mandatory eventually so we started shopping our business plan and some mockups around.

there was a surprising amount of interest but the market was in the middle of collapsing and none of the money ever materialized.

thank god.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

not that i'm knockin him or anything since he still, you know, graduated and completed his residency program and all

but he's deffo not some paragon

you don't even need to finish your residency in family to open a clinic. you just need to pass STEP3

doctors hate emr software because idiots like shaggar work on them. they are literally begging for systems that aren't gigantic tire fires but providers are completely loving incompetent

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

duTrieux. posted:

you can convert vanillan to over 50 different phenethylamines, many of which are hallucinogenic, get high on books man :lsd:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

let me just get on the darknet and call up my local russian research laboratory/krokodil lab

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Flat Daddy posted:

i might move back to tx and the only thing i look forward to really is heb. poo poo owns

heb and texas bbq

oh and the abundance of mexican food (but that's easier to get these days)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the gently caress is heb

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chris Knight posted:

the gently caress is heb

a regional grocery store that is somehow both cheaper than anything else (including walmart) and stocks very very good food and their in home brands are usually equal or superior to the name brands

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

the gently caress is heb

it stands for H.E. Butts. Texans get food at He Butts. lmao

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

So like Wegmans

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

a regional grocery store that is somehow both cheaper than anything else (including walmart) and stocks very very good food and their in home brands are usually equal or superior to the name brands

sounds p. good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Bloody posted:

So like Wegmans
wegmans is pro as gently caress

its literally the only positive thing about living in the eastern time zone

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bloody posted:

So like Wegmans

yup.

you can't discount just how drat good the heb store brands are. they have multiple tiers of them too so you can get the price/quality mix you want.

also no loyalty card bullshit.

Apr 7, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

yup.

you can't discount just how drat good the heb store brands are. they have multiple tiers of them too so you can get the price/quality mix you want.

also no loyalty card bullshit.

H. E. Butts.

Apr 7, 2003

Apr 7, 2003

sorry, it is actually "butt" and not "butts".

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
central market is mad good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

my food comes from he butt. lol

• Locked thread