Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I love that conservative cartoonists are depicting Obama as Robin Hood. A story LOVABLE HERO that "stole" from the CORRUPT RICH to give to the needy.

Once again, conservatives are dense as gently caress.

It's almost as good as all the "Obama is Santa" we get at Christmas time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

BBJoey posted:

oh man is muir becoming a sovereign citizen, oh please oh please

Don't get your hopes up, this subplot will get dropped and forgotten halfway through just like all the others.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mordiceius posted:

I love that conservative cartoonists are depicting Obama as Robin Hood. A story LOVABLE HERO that "stole" from the CORRUPT RICH to give to the needy.

"Hey, remember that guy Bin Laden we spent years telling you to be terrified of? Well Obama killed him! What a loser that Obama is, huh!?!"

I still cannot fathom how the hell they thought that was going to work.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

[quote="No Loopholes amazon preview" post="http://www.amazon.com/No-Loopholes-Getting-Back-Basics-ebook/dp/B00927QEBG"]
And it can — and should — be argued that the establishment clause prohibits the use of religious arguments — or any equivalent arguments based on any non-religious creed — for the federal establishment of social welfare programs.
[/quote]

Isn't that convenient. Those crazy founder's thought of everything.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BBJoey posted:

He's already like 3/4s of the way there

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
has miur ever finished anything resembling an arc because I feel like I've been hatereading him for years and it's an endless string of three or four comics leading up to a thing, and then that's totally abandoned.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

quote:

No Loopholes identifies the specific protections needed to return the interpretation of the Bill of Rights to that intended by the Framers. Through specific and detailed clarifications of the limits intended in the Bill of Rights, Mason describes what the Framers intended and how it should be applied to Federal and State governments in the modern, high-tech world.

Ten additional proposed Amendments...
You can see exactly what the Founders wanted, right here in the section I added myself.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

QwertyAsher posted:

has miur ever finished anything

no

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What about chances at a fulfilling life and/or relationship?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
The cartoon you've been waiting for:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Is Tinsley even drunker than usual?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

majormonotone posted:

"Some people don't like me screaming "MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU RAGHEAD QUEER" at muslim people I see during December, that's just as silly as saying not everyone celebrates squirrel appreciation day!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Bruce "loving Nig Blacks" Tinsely, everyone.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

majormonotone posted:

I find myself mentally catching sometimes so that I remember to say 'Happy Holidays' to strangers because I don't know what they celebrate around Decembertimes.

Apparently this little act is too much for some people.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

I like how this thread has conservative cartoonists depicting Obama as Robin Hood like it's a bad thing while you have Limbaugh over in the RW media thread trying to refashion Robin Hood as the original Tea Partier because he wasn't stealing from the rich, he was taking money from the government that they got from unfair taxation and giving it back to the people who earned it.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

majormonotone posted:

Strawman SJWs find ways to get offended by things as effectively as overly literal genies find ways to grant you something other than what you intended to wish for.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

colonel_korn posted:

Allie dump as he just uploaded a bunch en masse for some reason.

Also Obama's latest approval ratings are out, I am sure we will be hearing a lot about them from the usual suspects. I mean it's still important when they go up rather than down, right?

Allie seems to be caught in this permanent state of thinking that everyone always agrees with him that OBAMA BAD, DEMOCRATS BAD, GOVERNOR IS A RAPIST DRUNK and it makes him come off as extremely dense.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

I love that not only can Tinsley not keep the feather coloring consistent between comics, he can't even do it between panels.
v I really doubt Tinsley is thinking that hard about it; if he were, he wouldn't be doing it at random.

Fates End fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 21, 2015

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Fates End posted:

I love that not only can Tinsley not keep the feather coloring consistent between comics, he can't even do it between panels.

A mallard's head is iridescent and can change to green or black or blue just depending on how the light hits it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

majormonotone posted:

The Squirrel stuff is related to MLK isn't it?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Squirrel stuff is related to MLK isn't it?
Yeah you guys are overanalyzing things, replace every mention of Squirrel Appreciation Day with MLK Day and you have Tinsley's unironic opinion.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Yeah you guys are overanalyzing things, replace every mention of Squirrel Appreciation Day with MLK Day and you have Tinsley's unironic opinion.

I did that and I still can't make heads or tails of it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Being black offends Tinsley, he's very triggered by it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Venom Snake posted:

Being black offends Tinsley, he's very triggered by it.

Or as he would say, "Why do I have to be so POLITICALLY CORRECT to recognize a nig black man who obviously was on the wrong side of history. Not like the good and right conservative leaders of today!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:effort:

Incisive commentary here.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Thank you :)

I liked this one

and the nude with a bunch of dick-nosed guys inside the burqa

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Here's some random Aussie ones while I remember:

Canberra Times' Pat Campbell Regarding Indonesia's death penalty

John Spooner (cropping direct from the Canberra Times website)

And some older ones from The Age:

I like this one

This one, however...

Pfft anyway, let's check up on the thread's favourite Aussie cartoonist, that one guy from The Age who can't draw (Bruce Petty):

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

majormonotone posted:

I did that and I still can't make heads or tails of it.

"Well maybe I don't LIKE MLK JR. Maybe I think its BAD blacks got civil rights . There, now don't you feel like an rear end in a top hat."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

"I'm so offended by offense, I'm presupposing offense at people being offended by squirrel day."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

:tinsley: posted:

“I Killed Martin Luther King”…

I can still remember exactly where I was, and what I was doing, when they told me that I killed Martin Luther King. I was in my house, watching our old black and white TV, and I was nine years old. A talking head looked me right in the eye and said that, while I may not have pulled the trigger, “we ALL killed Dr. King”. I didn’t know then that it was the first of thousands of times I’d hear that over the next forty-seven years.

“We ALL” didn’t. Not just we nine-year-olds didn’t, but all of the people, black and white, who supported his ideal of equality, didn’t. But not just them. People who didn’t support Dr. King’s ideas, disagreed with them, even people who were indifferent to them…they didn’t kill him , either.

James Earl Ray (and any accomplices he might have had) killed Martin Luther King, and to say otherwise trivializes his evil act.

But, to a lot of folks, especially in the media and the academy, it sounded wise, circumspect, gratifyingly contrite and, most importantly, in step with the Zeitgeist (cool), to indict an entire people, and “culture” for the evil of one man.

It was, as I saw it, the beginning of a polemical pattern that metastasized into a philosophy. As I went from the late ’Sixties into the ‘Seventies, everything began to be “society’s fault”, America’s fault, “Western Civilization’s fault,” and basically, anybody’s fault but the person or group who actually DID whatever it was that was done. Kids did drugs because of “societal pressure”, violent criminals, who’ve been committing violent crimes for thousands of years, suddenly killed old ladies and children through no fault of their own, but “because of our society”. Fathers who abandoned their children were simply obeying some sort of cultural imperative that society had thrust upon them.

When evil actions are everybody’s fault, they’re nobody’s fault. And, when we erase individual responsibility, as we’ve been desperately doing for all of these years, we make doing evil and doing good equally meaningless. Just random acts blowing in the wind of circumstance.

Dr. King would be the first to denounce such a “legacy”.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Tinsley's whining

"Wah! Metaphors suck!" *sucks on baby bottle filled with beer*

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

It took me a while but I think I cracked the code

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jerusalem posted:

"Hey, remember that guy Bin Laden we spent years telling you to be terrified of? Well Obama killed him! What a loser that Obama is, huh!?!"

I still cannot fathom how the hell they thought that was going to work.

Because they used it to frame Obama as taking credit for other people's work. "It was actually these brave military folks that killed Obama, NOT Obama, he's trying to take the glory for himself! What an uppity egotistical tyrant!"

quote:

Dr. King would be the first to denounce such a “legacy”.

He'd also be the first to denounce racist assholes like you, Tinsley, to which you'd probably draw him as a pedophile and race-baiter in your comic strip.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Because they used it to frame Obama as taking credit for other people's work. "It was actually these brave military folks that killed Obama, NOT Obama, he's trying to take the glory for himself! What an uppity egotistical tyrant!"

So they were saying to Obama,"You didn't build that"?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Racists co-opting Martin Luthor King Jr. is pretty disgusting.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

BBJoey posted:

I think he would be a sovereign citizen if he wasn't such a pussy. He's far too much of a coward to fully live by his terrible belief system, hence living in a shack and making just enough from his poo poo and awful comic to get by.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

I think he would be a sovereign citizen if he wasn't such a pussy. He's far too much of a coward to fully live by his terrible belief system, hence living in a shack and making just enough from his poo poo and awful comic to get by.

This particular comic was sponsored by someone else, so in this case at least he's just taking money from some freeman on the land or whatever. I guess I can't really fault him for that, at least not any more than I can fault him for the rest of his life choices, which is actually quite a lot I suppose.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Bonus:

I miss Lefty Loonies. :(

• Locked thread