Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fishmech, who who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

~$50 build and shipping cost

this number is way off. IHS estimates $152 to build (http://press.ihs.com/press-release/design-supply-chain/google-glass-far-more-sum-its-parts-ihs-teardown-reveals), but I'm going to guess closer to $200 due to yield and manufacturing challenges. anyway with their NRE expenditures they probably made little to no profit on these things.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

theflyingexecutive posted:

rear end men don't like women

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

rear end men don't like looking women in the face I guess

i dunno maybe they just like doggystyle?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol at best corea

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the red menace

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
china doesn't really like either, they just want anorexic girls

though between the two they'd definitely prefer boobs because butts implies fatness

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

another thing with china is that, iirc, boobs are sort-of taboo zone in society, so it gets more traction
putting legs up for a display is fine, so anything that is long enough to cover butt is fine
putting breasts up for a display, even as mild cleavage, is no no, unless you want to be pelted with stones or something

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kalstrams posted:

another thing with china is that, iirc, boobs are sort-of taboo zone in society, so it gets more traction
putting legs up for a display is fine, so anything that is long enough to cover butt is fine
putting breasts up for a display, even as mild cleavage, is no no, unless you want to be pelted with stones or something

it probably varies by area but in the (rich) coastal provinces you'll see about as many bikinis on the beaches as here

although they're incredibly paranoid about darkening skin so you see some burqa like swimsuits

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

The Management posted:

this number is way off. IHS estimates $152 to build (http://press.ihs.com/press-release/design-supply-chain/google-glass-far-more-sum-its-parts-ihs-teardown-reveals), but I'm going to guess closer to $200 due to yield and manufacturing challenges. anyway with their NRE expenditures they probably made little to no profit on these things.

don't forget the office space and labor in manhattan and san francisco for actually giving out the fuckers http://wippp.com/blog/googleglass-pickup-experience-chelsea-market-new-york-city/

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

someone post the achewood comic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
boobs are awesome. rear end is better. maybe I love boobs as much as you do, only then, above and beyond that, love rear end even more.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

echinopsis posted:

boobs are awesome. rear end is better. maybe I love boobs as much as you do, only then, above and beyond that, love rear end even more.

e: also, i don't mind boners

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
boobs are just front rear end. all other mammals get aroused looking at butts. humans just evolved a "front butt"

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

JumpinJackFlash posted:

boobs are just front rear end. all other mammals get aroused looking at butts. humans just evolved a "front butt"

i evolved my front butt with cheeseburgers

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

BONGHITZ posted:

someone post the achewood comic

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

phone calls from a fireman

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i'm the nachos galacticos

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
rear end is the wrong word, it's a butt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
boobs are what babies start out with. rear end -> boobs is a regression

plus there isn't even an rear end in a top hat in between boobs to put anything in

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"james b ond in a towel" ruins it

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i'm doing a thing for college where i have to use the wayback machine to study how a site changed over the years and loving google's site design was static for nearly a decade

the first major redesign was in 2010

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Forums Terrorist posted:

i'm doing a thing for college where i have to use the wayback machine to study how a site changed over the years and loving google's site design was static for nearly a decade

the first major redesign was in 2010

keeping their front page ad and clutter free is one of the most amazing exercises of restraint and judgement in the tech industry. any other company would have immediately poo poo all over it. there's a lot of things to fault Google for, but this is not one of them.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

there's a lot of things to fault Google for, but this is not one of them.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

in the tech industry. any other

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

hopefully this is the precursor to the tesla acquisition

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-...2c3ecfaa1639a46

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Estimating G+ User Activity: 4-6 million active posters in January 2015 to date

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

that seems like an extremely optimistic estimate

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/pokecapn/status/557411156520751104

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

4-6 million active public posters. this article is dumb.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

dazjw posted:

4-6 million active public posters. this article is dumb.

so it includes all the companies that were dumb enough to get g+ accounts

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

LastInLine posted:

he means the profile picker which hit mainstream chrome on the last update. disable it by doing chrome flags enable new profile management system > disable

tyvm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also many unaware youtube commenters

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

boobs are what babies start out with. rear end -> boobs is a regression

plus there isn't even an rear end in a top hat in between boobs to put anything in

u dont need a hole in there to put stuff in as long as they arent tiny

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Google to reportedly enter cellular service industry as MVNO running on Sprint, T-Mobile networks

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
We have just announced on the Official Google Blog that we will soon retire Google Mobile (the actual date is July 1, 2016). We know Google Mobile has a devoted customer base who will be very sad to see it go. We’re sad too.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
it's like toddlers are running the company and they just get bored and change what they're doing

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

it's like toddlers are running the company and they just get bored and change what they're doing

this is pretty much all rich people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I used to think google had a masterful strategy, and they would combine all of the pieces they're buying and building into a cohesive product offering. I'm now convinced that they have no loving clue what they're doing, it's just idiots with money dicking around.

• Locked thread