Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know, I stopped caring when I couldn't register my copy of Smash 3DS.

"I don't even care about that stupid pokemon anyway."

*Cares enough to bring up pokemon unprovoked*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kin posted:

So when does the pal UK store update?

An earlier post said that the Donkey Kong wii game would be available this week but it's not there yet.

The store updates on Thursdays at like 2-3pm UK time I think

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Fremry posted:

"I don't even care about that stupid pokemon anyway."

*Cares enough to bring up pokemon unprovoked*

It's weird how this thread reads everything as accusatory. He didn't even say your favorite pokemon sucks.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

mycot posted:

It's weird how this thread reads everything as accusatory. He didn't even say your favorite pokemon sucks.

I don't like pokemon, and am not even a fan of Smash Bros. It was just funny watching him being the only person to bring up the free mewtwo and then say he doesn't care about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't know why I would have jokingly brought up a Club Nintendo promotion in a discussion about Club Nintendo shutting down. It just doesn't follow. Lighten the gently caress up.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Mewtwo would not want us to worry about his inclusion in Smash, he would want us to focus our energy and passion towards treating each other equally

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Wayforward just confirmed the PAL release of Shantae: Pirate's Curse - February 5th.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, if Club Nintendo is gone, people won't be able to register new copies of Smash to get Mewtwo free. Also I wasn't 100% serious, calm down.
The deal has expired anyway, and he was pretty calm? :confused:

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I suppose you've got until March 31st to download all your Wii Shop game purchases to your Wii/Wii U and then pray that your console doesn't go up in smoke, because you'll never be able to download them again.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

grilldos posted:

I suppose you've got until March 31st to download all your Wii Shop game purchases to your Wii/Wii U and then pray that your console doesn't go up in smoke, because you'll never be able to download them again.

Club Nintendo is a customer rewards program and is entirely independent of the eShop.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

grilldos posted:

I think you're confused, pal.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

grilldos posted:

What are you even talking about?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

grilldos posted:

The eShop isn't closing you bozoid.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

Club Nintendo is a customer rewards program and is entirely independent of the eShop.

I'm not talking about Wii U eShop, but the Wii Shop Channel. The point I'm making is when you linked your Wii Shop to Club Nintendo on the Wii console, it acted as a precursor to Nintendo Network ID in that Nintendo had your purchase tied to a specific account under NOA. Unless Nintendo plans to somehow transition your Club Nintendo digital purchase record to whatever their new system is, your digital purchases on your Wii will be recordless, which is a shame. If your Wii or Wii U dies on you (assuming Nintendo just lets your Club Nintendo records float away), you won't be able to recover any of your Wii Shop Channel purchases.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

When you transfer from a Wii to a Wii U, it puts all your digital purchases on your NNID. The system doesn't use Club Nintendo to do it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

grilldos posted:

I'm not talking about Wii U eShop, but the Wii Shop Channel. The point I'm making is when you linked your Wii Shop to Club Nintendo on the Wii console, it acted as a precursor to Nintendo Network ID in that Nintendo had your purchase tied to a specific account under NOA. Unless Nintendo plans to somehow transition your Club Nintendo digital purchase record to whatever their new system is, your digital purchases on your Wii will be recordless, which is a shame. If your Wii or Wii U dies on you (assuming Nintendo just lets your Club Nintendo records float away), you won't be able to recover any of your Wii Shop Channel purchases.

Your purchases will still be tied to your console. The Club Nintendo account is just a rewards program, not an entire record of your digital games purchases. As long as you have the serial number from the console, you'll be fine.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunman Clive 2 has a release date - January 29 in both regions.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hey, stupid question: will a prepaid credit card work for Wii (not WiiU) shop? There's a bunch of stuff on the Wii VC that I want that isn't on the WiiU VC, and sadly eShop credit can't be applied to the Wii Marketplace. I don't want to link my actual CC though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Aussie ratings board has outed Wild Gunman, so I guess the VC will be getting more lightgun games! It's a shame none of them are actually fun.

FairGame posted:

Hey, stupid question: will a prepaid credit card work for Wii (not WiiU) shop? There's a bunch of stuff on the Wii VC that I want that isn't on the WiiU VC, and sadly eShop credit can't be applied to the Wii Marketplace. I don't want to link my actual CC though.

Didn't they go back and update the Wii Shop to let you use eShop cards?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 21, 2015

night slime
May 14, 2014

grilldos posted:

The purchase record is on the Wii or Wii u. Evidence of this is found in the fact that you don't have to rebuy a game each time you delete it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FairGame posted:

You can use your normal card and just not store the information. You'll have to key in the CC info every transaction, but it doesn't get stored anywhere on the console.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Didn't they go back and update the Wii Shop to let you use eShop cards?

I don't think so, unless this happened in the last few weeks. I got a card for Xmas, scratched too hard, and had to open up a help ticket to credit my account based on the card serial rather than the unreadable code. Dude said that wiiU and wii were totally separate and what works on one doesn't work on the other.

jivjov posted:

You can use your normal card and just not store the information. You'll have to key in the CC info every transaction, but it doesn't get stored anywhere on the console.

Good to know, though as you say that's kind of a pain.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

So, I know that purchasing stuff released after the announcement won't get you points anymore, but what about purchasing old stuff via the eShop? Have they turned off the switch to get new points from all purchases, or can I still get platinum by picking up some of the older games I haven't gotten yet?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just bought Citizens of Earth tonight and I got my survey and coins.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Anything released before 1/20/15 will still give you coins, as long as it is purchased before 3/31/15

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Stupid question that's probably been answered:

If I pick up the Wii version of Super Metroid with my points, can I play that with the Wii U's Wii mode or do I have to upgrade it to the Wii U version?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Suspicious Cook posted:

If I pick up the Wii version of Super Metroid with my points, can I play that with the Wii U's Wii mode or do I have to upgrade it to the Wii U version?

You have to upgrade it. It'll cost $1.50

edit: I'm an idiot and misread the question. Yes you'll be able to play it in Wii mode

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Suspicious Cook posted:

You can play it in Wii mode. Problem is, you won't be able to use the gamepad with it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm still a little confused about how this upgrading works. Forgive me for being thick, but how does the Wii U eShop know that you have the game on the Wii so that you can play $1.50 to play in full Wii U mode? Are all purchases by one player trackable and some way, letting the Wii U know that you have the Wii version and deserve the discount? I was under the impression that Wii and Wii U/3DS were basically in two separate universes.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm still a little confused about how this upgrading works. Forgive me for being thick, but how does the Wii U eShop know that you have the game on the Wii so that you can play $1.50 to play in full Wii U mode? Are all purchases by one player trackable and some way, letting the Wii U know that you have the Wii version and deserve the discount? I was under the impression that Wii and Wii U/3DS were basically in two separate universes.

If the game exists on your WiiU's Wii harddrive, the eShop will automatically recognize that and apply the discount appropriately.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

When you perform a system transfer from Wii to Wii U, or when you use your Wii U to buy something from the old Wii Shop Channel, all of your digital Wii purchases are recorded on your NNID. In fact, you literally can't even use the old Shop Channel on a Wii U without being logged in to your NNID account.

So that's how the current Wii U eShop knows to give you the discount.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Is there a good list of VC games that are available on both the original Wii store and the Wii U eShop? I have a buttload of Wii credit left over from 5~ years ago when Pepsi and Harmonix were giving out free Rock Band codes, but if you selected Wii as your platform you ended up just getting $2 in Wii credit. I'd like to maximize the amount of games that I could buy and then convert to Wii U VC games since playing on the pad is the best.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It doesn't even have to exist on the vWii flash memory, as long as the vWii's Wii Shop Channel account has the game, the eShop will recognize it and apply the discount.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just bought Citizens of Earth tonight and I got my survey and coins.

How is it?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Fix posted:

How is it?

I haven't played a ton of the 3DS version yet, but it seems like a decent enough port compared to the PC beta version from about a year back. I really like the combat system, all attacks are the equivalent of skills/spells in other jRPGs, with each one either adding to or taking away from your character's resource pool, meaning you have to vary up your characters attacks. The bottom screen being used for the map is really useful, I definitely like that. The loading screen/autosave on every map transition is kinda annoying even if its short, but other than that I haven't run into any bugs or anything that screams low-effort port. Also, I have a 2DS, so I can't comment on how well the 3D is used, so fair warning on that regard.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I've only played the demo (PS4 version that goes through the first boss fight) but the writing was really grating on me by the end of that, I can't imagine how it could last 20 hours. Every single NPC you meet handing out a fetch quest was terrible too. If it gets better I'd like to give it another shot but it just feels like a really bad Earthbound fan game with an OK battle system from the demo.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Fix posted:

How is it?

To give a contrasting opinion, I played the demo on PS4 and felt like it was trying too hard. Every response from your main character is a joke or punchline playing off the fact that he is delusional and out of touch with reality. The graphics are clean and nice, but the exterior maps feel overcrowded with people and random encounters (because they are so large in relation to the buildings and objects it feels a little claustrophobic). The battle system is nice, fast and pretty intuitive and fun, but I felt like the rest of the game kind of fell apart around it. As a total package it felt like a game that was inspired by Earthbound but fell victim to not being well executed in some of the ways that really count.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Here's a Mon Hun 4 code for someone that wants it:

A071H3MM2F4KYBSL

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
I got two of those NA Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes if anyone wants them:

A070LNFD33VAK595
A074WFEJ31BHWB9K

All gone.

JumbocactuarX27 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeroma
Nov 16, 2007
Robot Fan

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

I got two of those NA Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes if anyone wants them:

A074WFEJ31BHWB9K

Claimed this one, thank you very much. :)