Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

beedeebee posted:

For some reason, Belgian Sport/voetbalmagazine just published an article on their site saying that Man U are in for Marquinhos. Despite not even being a nailed on starter for PSG, United are willing to pay £112 million for him. What a time to be alive.

David Luiz is a £50 million defender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

There is an adequate amount of value in the market.

Wasn't the "no value in a market" a thing Ferguson said and not Wenger?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Brazilians get a lot of leeway on the international cap quota for obvious reasons.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i know EU players don't need work permits but it nonetheless seems silly that paulista would be denied one despite having a significantly better resume thus far than koscielny did when he was signed

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Jozy on leaving Sunderland:

quote:

I think it was tough for everyone at Sunderland. If you go down the line, I don’t think anybody has it easy there. It’s a tough place to play -- there’s no other way to put it. But I still was appreciative of it. The fans were fantastic, the stadium was great, and I thank everybody there for when I was there and how they treated me.

It didn’t go as anybody planned. There was ideas, a way to play, and after a month, it got thrown out the window. I don’t think it was how anybody wanted it to go.

I just don’t think we fit. I didn’t fit for Sunderland, and Sunderland didn’t fit for me. Sometimes that happens. I tried to play in different ways, but it just didn’t fit. I’m a certain player, and they play a certain way. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out.

I'm sure he has plenty of experience with stuff not or no longer fitting.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

be nice wicka posted:

i know EU players don't need work permits but it nonetheless seems silly that paulista would be denied one despite having a significantly better resume thus far than koscielny did when he was signed

they should make it easier for brazilians to get work permits to play football because of how hard making their national team is compared to other nations

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slaapaav posted:

they should make it easier for brazilians to get work permits to play football because of how hard making their national team is compared to other nations

It's the easiest national team in the world to get caps for if your agent is willing to pay for them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

It's the easiest national team in the world to get caps for if your agent is willing to pay for them.

Reminder that the worst fullback of all time, andre santos, has caps for brazil

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

They got Wengy good

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

He scored one goal in that 5-3 game against chelsea where everyone forgot about the concept of defending

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Andre Santos rules

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

euroboy posted:

Andre Santos rules

anyone who was a part of late august 2011 "oh fuuuuuuuuuck we are not prepared for this season" panic buying will always hold a place in my heart

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

euroboy posted:

Andre Santos rules

I liked the 'he drives where he wants' chant.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Do me a favour please no one tell Big Sam how bad St*phen H*ndrie is

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Chels are apparently in talks over Cuadrado for 28.6m

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

The Chels are apparently in talks over Cuadrado for 28.6m

To replace Salah, who I forgot existed

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Why do they need to replace a player who might as well not even be there

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
They're also replacing Andre Schürrle, the other player that isn't actually there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well the rumour is they're getting rid of him and Schurrle. In other repeated news Arsenal are yet again going to sign Tiote. He's been pretty bad this season and the match against Burnley was the single worst performance I've ever seen by a player. Pretty much every pass either went out of play or to a burnley player, he kept turning on the ball only to lose it and headed every ball to a burnley player

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Some reports are saying Manchester United have bid £61m for Pogba lmao, imagine paying £61m for a player you already had two years ago but wouldn't play ahead of Tom loving Cleverley

that said I would still like it to happen

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrBling posted:

They're also replacing Andre Schürrle, the other player that isn't actually there.

Hasn't Schürrle been good when he's gotten a chance to play? I guess there're too many ahead of him for him to get much time anymore?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Russ posted:

Do me a favour please no one tell Big Sam how bad St*phen H*ndrie is

I'd like to see him get his Big Break

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

RVProfootballer posted:

Hasn't Schürrle been good when he's gotten a chance to play? I guess there're too many ahead of him for him to get much time anymore?
They're being crippled by FFP its a tragedy

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

RVProfootballer posted:

Hes leagues ahead of Willian so its baffling he doesnt get played

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Cuadrado would probably come in to take Willians spot. He would just need to learn how to track back and defend, which wouldn't happen, so they will spend 25 million for another bench rider who gets garbage time every now and then.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

TelekineticBear! posted:

Hes leagues ahead of Willian so its baffling he doesnt get played

Not brazilian enough.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Paperhouse posted:

Some reports are saying Manchester United have bid £61m for Pogba lmao, imagine paying £61m for a player you already had two years ago but wouldn't play ahead of Tom loving Cleverley

that said I would still like it to happen

We were right to let him go at the time, so it's just money (we can afford :smug:) realising his potential imo.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 21, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its probably the biggest transfer mistake ever made in football

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

Blue Star Error posted:

I'd like to see him get his Big Break

Tony Andreu (22) would do a job for you, I'd like to see him get a chance because he's probably good enough to make a mark on the Championship. There's very few teams that wouldn't benefit from a goalscoring midfielder, and he would follow in the hallowed tradition of the other Players Who End Up Shagging The Daughter Of Someone They Know In Football.

The sooner that Andreu, H*ndrie and Garcia Tena (linked to Derby and a Serie B side today) all piss off and bring in enough cash to fund the Tony-Stevie-Jesus Leisure Centre and Swing-Park, or whatever it'll pay for, the better. They're all too busy trying concentrating on sealing their big moves now to focus on a top 6 challenge. Get rid of them and bring through the next batch of youngst...

Oh

Transfer thread

Sorry

Bit too carried away there

Eh, let's see

I'll go with

I hope The Gaffer buys a new attacking midfielder, we're down to our last 6. Maybe a cheap £14m acquisition? Let me cross examine my FIFA Ultimate Team data against my Football Manager signings to identify the players I would deem Transfer-Worthy.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Jose posted:

Its probably the biggest transfer mistake ever made in football

Lewandowski from Legia to Lech via Znicz for $1500

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

We were right to let him go at the time

woah woah woah woah woah (thats English for stop a horse)

What.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ninpo posted:

We were right to let him go at the time, so it's just money (we can afford :smug:) realising his potential imo.

i saw this pre-edit and it was very different

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jose posted:

Yeah I don't remember it saying that before

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

what did it say

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hegay posted:

what did it say

That it was a dumb thing to happen

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jose posted:

In other repeated news Arsenal are yet again going to sign Tiote. He's been pretty bad this season and the match against Burnley was the single worst performance I've ever seen by a player. Pretty much every pass either went out of play or to a burnley player, he kept turning on the ball only to lose it and headed every ball to a burnley player

He's a garbageman and the amount of time he's been linked with Arsenal is absurd.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RVProfootballer posted:

He's only good at coming on as a second half sub and kicking teams that are already dead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

euroboy posted:

He's a garbageman and the amount of time he's been linked with Arsenal is absurd.

every now and then he gets a patch of form where he's insanely good and then reverts to type

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

euroboy posted:

He's one of the transfer rumours that'll never go away from certain teams, like how Arsenal were linked to Gourcuff or Benzema or Man united and Snejidier, just easy newspaper bollocks

Which reminds me of this rumour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
I'm still waiting for arsenal to sign Sebastian Frey

• Locked thread