Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

Phew... yeah those look really good in the other vid. Wish I had the space for something like that, all the options are slick as poo poo.

They do more than dining room tables.

My next one is going to be the coffee table. And maybe a book case. Also the Portal is a smaller more space friendly table. As long as you are not going for your own warhammer sized vault you can keep the tables pretty small.

I'm thinking about doing a bar height portal with a 3x3 vault for x-wing and other 3x3 games eventually. For the kitchen table. The emissary is going in our formal dining area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Club Sandwich posted:

Watching him put in those leaves was excruciating.

Na that's just what happens when you watch Vassal.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

I haven't heard any annecdotal bad reviews from friends with them, so we bought a Ninja system as well. What have you heard?

Well apparently they fight ALL the time. Also, their purpose is to flip out and kill people.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I've seen these tables up close before and they really are cool with all the hidden trays and such built into them, but you really lost me with:

Kilazar posted:

Well Wil Wheaton and several other's don't feel that way.
The only time you can use Wil Wheaton to win an argument is when you are trying to decide the worst TNG character and someone already said the Pakleds that kidnap Geordi.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Today's haul - 6 Australian craft beers from 3 different breweries west of the border, and 3x250g bags of ground coffee from a local roaster. El Salvadorian, Columbian and Ethiopian single origins that are fantastic, and with the beer 4 farmhouse/sour ales and 2 stouts

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Today's haul - 6 Australian craft beers from 3 different breweries west of the border, and 3x250g bags of ground coffee from a local roaster. El Salvadorian, Columbian and Ethiopian single origins that are fantastic, and with the beer 4 farmhouse/sour ales and 2 stouts

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wanna drink those beers and brew those beans.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

Wanna drink those beers and brew those beans.

Same but the Windex. Also wanna clean that counter top.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

McSpergin posted:

What beers are these

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Blackchamber posted:

I've seen these tables up close before and they really are cool with all the hidden trays and such built into them, but you really lost me with:

The only time you can use Wil Wheaton to win an argument is when you are trying to decide the worst TNG character and someone already said the Pakleds that kidnap Geordi.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Wil Wheaton is a pretty ok dude, and his tabletop series is really entertaining to watch. Plus he has a ginormous love for good beer. Now I'm not saying he was anything but bad in TNG or anything. It's cool watching him get his face smashed in on tabletop by the likes of Steve Jackson :D and they do it on a geek chic table.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

IslamoNazi posted:

Spoon? Check, Fork? Check, Chopsticks? Check. Long handle to get to the bottom of your billy? Check. Under 120 grams for all of this. Aww yeah.

Quoting a long way back but I like that you said billy :australia:

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

My teeth are so tightly packed I can barely get floss between them, but there's still gaps further down towards the gum, so I use interdental brushes

http://www.tepe.com/uk/products/interdental-brushes/

The red one in the header, specifically. Like little bottle-brushes for your teeth, and they do an excellent job. If you're sick of cheesewire garrotting your gums to a bloody death like I was, give these a try.

These look interesting. I will give them a try. I have a similar problem. I have to work so hard to get the floss between my teeth that it pops down and cuts my gums.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

jadeddrifter posted:

These look interesting. I will give them a try. I have a similar problem. I have to work so hard to get the floss between my teeth that it pops down and cuts my gums.

I don't think these brushes are able to help remove stuff stuck between packed teeth at all. I believe only flossing can achieve it but I would be glad to be proven wrong since my teeth are packed too.

I believe they are a support to brushing, not flossing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Wil Wheaton is a turd that should just shut up forever.

I bought a great movie (on sale for $5 on Amazon)

and an OK book (I like Murakami, not sure how I feel about this book)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Flights to HK, ritz reservation, Rolls car service, Tin Lung Heen window reservation, Ozone window reservation, cake and flowers, 2.something carat loving diamond.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Flights to HK, ritz reservation, Rolls car service, Tin Lung Heen window reservation, Ozone window reservation, cake and flowers, 2.something carat loving diamond.

Definitely a loving diamond. Congratulations? I mean sincere congratulations, unless this is just regular Tuesday plans for you.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I am surprised that is not a woot fatigue post.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

couldcareless posted:

Bape Culture is woot fatique's sugar daddy.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Bape Culture posted:

How jealous am I ? Enjoy, that looks amazing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hydrocodone posted:

Definitely a loving diamond. Congratulations? I mean sincere congratulations, unless this is just regular Tuesday plans for you.

She could still say no I suppose. But then I can sell it and buy a Cayman S. Win win.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bape Culture posted:

She could still say no I suppose. But then I can sell it and buy a Cayman S. Win win.

If she says no I'm in.

Hope you like dudes!

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Bape Culture posted:

The Porsche a person buys when they have no money and no taste :smug:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

That's an expensive loving ring :stare:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I hope you guys end up fighting about some stupid poo poo and it ruins you stupid rich person fantasy life.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Chinaman7000 posted:

I hope you guys end up fighting about some stupid poo poo and it ruins you stupid rich person fantasy life.

Why?

I Am Not Spor posted:

Ah I see you haven't driven one!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'm just kiddin man, have fun

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

couldcareless posted:

not enough $5,000 stools and plaid shirts

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bape Culture posted:

im pretty jealous, i only proposed to my wife on the beach under fireworks on july 4th and i only got her a 1.1 carat diamond

Holy Dread!
Nov 17, 2006

cover your flesh... cover your flesh!

tomstuart posted:

im pretty jealous, i only proposed to my wife on the beach under fireworks on july 4th and i only got her a 1.1 carat diamond

I feel like an rear end over here getting my wife a .44 carat diamond...

Content: we just scrimped and saved to pay off the last $4700 of the loan that we had on our 2006 RAV4. Hooray for lower middle class victories!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Holy Dread! posted:

If a potential wife cares about how many carats are in the ring, then she isn't the one for you. Enjoy the married life!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

I Am Not Spor posted:

So Russian then. Those and Mercedes G-wagons are a dime a dozen around Latvia.

beato has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Jan 21, 2015

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

tomstuart posted:

Holy Dread! posted:

Content: we just scrimped and saved to pay off the last $4700 of the loan that we had on our 2006 RAV4. Hooray for lower middle class victories!

Ragequit posted:

If a potential wife cares about how many carats are in the ring, then she isn't the one for you. Enjoy the married life!

What 'ee said. If she's worth marrying, then the ring is nothing in comparision to what you are offering her/him.

If you want consolation, studies has shown that the cheaper the ring, the more secure and happy the marriage*

(*okay, I made that up)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bape Culture posted:

Disappointed, thought you bought a hotel :(

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Bape Culture posted:

Ah I see you haven't driven one!

Only a 944! My guess is that a Cayman S preforms a little different.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

spog posted:

What 'ee said. If she's worth marrying, then the ring is nothing in comparision to what you are offering her/him.

If you want consolation, studies has shown that the cheaper the ring, the more secure and happy the marriage*

(*okay, I made that up)

Not totally unfounded...

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I went on vacation and spent a lot of money.

Valentines Day card for my boyfran, by Lauara Berger

Inspirational art by OrangeBeautiful. Both this and the card came from Modern Cooperative in Chicago, they are super nice and replaced a broken necklace that I got for Christmas with no hassle.

This shirt from H&M.

Books, because I'm the kind of idiot who buys books on vacation.

Cleo Neve, because it was $22 at Nordstrom Rack and I can't ever pass up bras that are that cheap and also my weird size.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

Bape Culture is woot fatique's sugar daddy.

I'm pretty sure he has real money where I just accept goods in exchange for income with no regard to my future financial stability.

I Am Not Spor posted:

After having a Boxster and currently a 911 C4S, I can without a doubt say that my next Porsche will be a Cayman S or GTS. If you consider taste to be spending more on a less enjoyable car, by all means be my guest.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

woot fatigue posted:

I'm pretty sure he has real money where I just accept goods in exchange for income with no regard to my future financial stability.

Yeah, I'm sure you're a beacon of relatability.

quote:

I can without a doubt say that my next Porsche

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Good luck with your proposal, Bape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

spog posted:

(*okay, I made that up)

As someone already stated, this is actually a reasonably valid statement.

Husband got me a 1.89 carat rare colored sapphire ring, set in white gold with diamond side stones for $1500. I adore it.