Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I have a ponytail because I'm long overdue for a haircut and it looks messy and gross unless I tie it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Getting a buzz cut every two weeks is like a 5 minute thing you goons.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Randler posted:

What is the German word for hair-envy? WHAT IS IT?!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Randler gets a buzzcut. Quelle suprise.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Randler posted:

the most german of hairpinions

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

An Angry Bug posted:

Randler gets a buzzcut. Quelle suprise.

Just the sides tho

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I cut my own hair with clippers every couple of weeks (hairline is receding quite far) so I'm no hair expert but cut the pony tail. The only men who can pull off a pony tail are good looking enough to get away with pretty much anything.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Zeitgueist posted:

the most german of hairpinions

Basically me irl. :smuggo:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I have a buzz cut and it makes me feel like a fascist

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

pangstrom posted:

The only men who can pull off a pony tail are good looking enough to get away with pretty much anything.

:smug:

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What is the German word for hair-envy? WHAT IS IT?!

Noun: Haarneid

Verb: Behaarneiden

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

You're not in that group, you goon.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

just cut off all yalls hair, goons

Together we will jettison our evolutionary baggage!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sinnlos posted:

Noun: Haarneid

Verb: Behaarneiden

I guessed correctly! :haw:

Randler posted:

You're not in that group, you goon.

4No longer shalt thou be known as "Randler", but as "Balaam Haarneid", 5for your jealousy of the hair of the Child of Israel has prompted you to try and curse him,6but instead you have blessed him and raised his esteem among the Goyim.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

razorrozar posted:

I have a ponytail because I'm long overdue for a haircut and it looks messy and gross unless I tie it back.

please cut your hair you disgusting slobs.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

please cut your hair you disgusting slobs.

Stop being such a meanie, Badgie. My hair actually is terrific and awesome and brings all the boys and girls to the yard.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

Basically me irl. :smuggo:

I have more greying hair and semetic features, but yeah, basically me irl :smuggo:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The main problem some people have with the Josephus Flavius account is that it talks about Jesus existing in a section near others which have subsequently been shown to have been edited by someone (presumably some church authority) after the fact, though this has not been proven to be the case about the Jesus section itself.

Josephus isn't the only non-scriptural account, though it is the most complete. Tactitus also mentions Jesus, albeit in less detail that Josephus. While it is mildly interesting to spitball and toss the idea around that Jesus might not have existed, or perhaps is an amalgam of more than one actual person, there's really no serious historical argument you can make to support such an assertion, given that some secular evidence does exist that there was a person by that name at that time.

you basically need to make a leap of faith to assert that Jesus never existed or was some conspiracy

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

ponytails are hilarious but grown men with buzzcuts in suits look like giant 5 year old boys.

just go to a barber

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The cool thing to do is to remind christians that there is zero evidence that Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

The cool thing to do is to remind christians that there is zero evidence that Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt.

wouldn't it be cooler to remind jews of that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I don't want to be assassinated by Moussad plus Jews tend to not be evangelical bullshit assholes as long as your not living on land they think G-d gave to them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
im glad this thread demonstrates that caring about hair and clothing is not just a girl thing. Strike one blow against sexism

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Yeah I don't want to be assassinated by Moussad plus Jews tend to not be evangelical bullshit assholes as long as your not living on land they think G-d gave to them.

or think palestinians are people, or think bombing u.n. schools might be bad

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

or think palestinians are people, or think bombing u.n. schools might be bad

#notalljews

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

forbidden lesbian posted:

im glad this thread demonstrates that caring about hair and clothing is not just a girl thing. Strike one blow against sexism

#notallmenbuzzcut

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yo as as blood thirsty zionist hungry for the livers of palestenian children, what is the rationale for the jewish holy land and is anything beyond "our god said so"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

a judge a man by how many pairs of novelty cufflinks he owns

if its more than 0 there's a problem

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What about people who don't own any cufflinks?

I am asking for a friend.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What do they wear with their tuxedo then?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also guys if you want to convince Absurd to cut his ponytail you're going to need a different approach. Going about it the way you guys have is just going to turn it into a pride/spite thing to never cut his ponytail. It's like embargoing Cuba to defeat Castro.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm pretty sure Absurd has one of those wispy Middle East beards that look stupid as gently caress as well.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

zoux posted:

My friend who totally exists said, "Tuxedo's are an invention of the devil and anyone who has one should be burned."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

Yo as as blood thirsty zionist hungry for the livers of palestenian children, what is the rationale for the jewish holy land and is anything beyond "our god said so"

Depends on who you ask. The stated reason by religious Zionists Jews is "God gave this land to us", by secular Zionists it's "the Jewish people deserve their own country after all the suffering they went through", but honestly, there's enough Jews there who have a running and functioning society there, if you wanted to kick them out it would require more effort than somehow accommodating them, even in the best case "the US votes for sanctions on Israel in the UNSC" scenario. Other countries are not going to take up millions of Jewish refugees, and I doubt a lot of countries would be willing to create another power vacuum in that region.

Unfortunately, a lot of Zionist Jews have been indoctrinated to think they need to justify their existence using bullshit reasons, but really, pragmatism is much more authoritative, and has the advantage of opening one's mind to alternative solutions to many different problems.

If you want me to go further into it, take it to the I/P thread, it's gotten kind of boring since Israel stopped killing Palestinians in the hundreds-per-week rate.

Randler posted:

I'm pretty sure Absurd has one of those wispy Middle East beards that look stupid as gently caress as well.

Actually to judge by my grandfather, I could grow a mighty beard. But I choose not to, as I want the ladies and gentlemen to have full view of my lovely mug. :wink:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

I have cuffs and cufflinks tattooed on my wrists for unexpected tuxedo emergencies

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If you own a waistcoat with a pattern on the back that could be described as "wacky" I also have issues with you.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We should have given all the Jews free land in Alaska so they would get oil for us instead.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

paragon1 posted:

We should have given all the Jews free land in Alaska so they would get oil for us instead.

LOL like we'd give you the oil without Jewing you on the price.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL like we'd give you the oil without Jewing you on the price.

That happens anyway man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Depends on who you ask. The stated reason by religious Zionists Jews is "God gave this land to us", by secular Zionists it's "the Jewish people deserve their own country after all the suffering they went through", but honestly, there's enough Jews there who have a running and functioning society there, if you wanted to kick them out it would require more effort than somehow accommodating them, even in the best case "the US votes for sanctions on Israel in the UNSC" scenario. Other countries are not going to take up millions of Jewish refugees, and I doubt a lot of countries would be willing to create another power vacuum in that region.

Unfortunately, a lot of Zionist Jews have been indoctrinated to think they need to justify their existence using bullshit reasons, but really, pragmatism is much more authoritative, and has the advantage of opening one's mind to alternative solutions to many different problems.

If you want me to go further into it, take it to the I/P thread, it's gotten kind of boring since Israel stopped killing Palestinians in the hundreds-per-week rate.

Actually to judge by my grandfather, I could grow a mighty beard. But I choose not to, as I want the ladies and gentlemen to have full view of my lovely mug. :wink:

Oh I agree that getting rid of Israel would be a geopolitical clusterfuck (and so far outside the realm of possibility it's not worth even contemplating) but I'm more wondering like when Israelis are like "we should take more of this land for settlements' how they justify it.

And no I'm never going to the I/P thread, where I have no power.

• Locked thread