Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

nate fisher posted:

Yep its gone now, but both of my pre-orders are still at $43.

I'm guessing our preorders will get canceled at some point otherwise I think their preorder guarantee would mean anyone that preordered it prior to today should also get it for that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

homeless snail posted:

I liked Alien Isolation, up until the part where you play it.

It's the best game of 2014 if you only have to think about how great it is. Or play it in 5 minute bursts until the medical center at which point the game ceases to exist.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's got a melee button! You can shoot dudes! :thumbsup:

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Yep, it's a video game alright.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Brightman posted:

I'm guessing our preorders will get canceled at some point otherwise I think their preorder guarantee would mean anyone that preordered it prior to today should also get it for that price.

Checked my months old preorders in Amazon and they're all the same price I originally pre-ordered them for. They didn't get reduced unless they're waiting on doing that...

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mokinokaro posted:

Policenaut posted:

Square-Enix was also willing to spend millions of dollars to rebuild a failed, seemingly toxic MMO from the ground up with a team of people who genuinely love MMOs. I don't see Bethesda doing that anytime soon.
It's not Bethesda. Zenimax made ESO. Bethesda is presumably working away at Fallout 4 and a Skyrim follow up.

I don't think the spirit of Policenaut's complaint was changed by the correction pointed out. TSO on PC is a derivative, uninspired and bland mess nobody wants to play, and it will continue to be so on the PS4 unless it benefits from the kind of overhaul FFXIV got. Since we're all a bunch of loving basement dwelling armchair economists here, I also don't think it is unreasonable to estimate that development for the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls proper titles may have suffered for TSO's unholy existence. Separate developers are still operating under the publisher that owns the properties, and the money wasted on TSO may have been better divided between proper FO / ES titles. I willingly admit I'm speculating though, and don't want to derail the PS4 thread to argue about it.

Solid, actual news about the development of a Fallout or Skyrim 'next' would be good about now. I hope such things are either happening or at least verified this year.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

blackguy32 posted:

I want Fallout 4 because I enjoyed Fallout 3 far more than I am New Vegas.

I honestly just think that a lot of people weren't into the gameplay of Alien: Isolation.

Agreed on both points. I'm sure that the broken rear end alien marines game that came out before it didnt help, but I think Aliens Isolation was always going to be comparatively niche; Its a stealth heavy game that is a sequel to a sci fi film which (while a classic) with the best will in the world came out better than 30 years ago. I guarantee you there are kids out there who are confused that a game thats a prequel to the AvP movies would have so little combat.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

That looks like poo poo

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Checked my months old preorders in Amazon and they're all the same price I originally pre-ordered them for. They didn't get reduced unless they're waiting on doing that...

I'm doubting they'll do it and will probably just cancel the cheap orders but in the past when I had something get affected by the preorder guarantee it usually happened after it shipped, or at least I wasn't notified until then. Either way since it was most likely an error I wouldn't hold my breath.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Brightman posted:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Amazon doesn't change your pre-order price until it is shipped. At that that time it will give you the lowest price during the time you had it pre-ordered.

This is funny situation, because Amazon's pricing wasn't a mistake, it was their response to them matching another company's mistake. Going by Amazon's history I doubt they will cancel the $43 pre-orders. They have honored mistakes before, but I never seen it done on a pre-order.

About your question on NeoGaf someone who had UC4 pre-ordered before this contacted Amazon CS after UC4 dropped to $43, and they was told that their shipping price will drop to $43 (unless it goes lower before than). Also some people got the $43 price after Amazon stopped it by calling Amazon CS.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Planetside 2 closed beta code just arrived in my email inbox. Stoked to see how it turned out. Wasn't the greatest game ever when last I played, but i had enough fun on PC that ground floor on ps4 could be fun.

revolther fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 21, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

edit: nvm I got bored and picked one

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 21, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

nate fisher posted:

Amazon doesn't change your pre-order price until it is shipped. At that that time it will give you the lowest price during the time you had it pre-ordered.

This is funny situation, because Amazon's pricing wasn't a mistake, it was their response to them matching another company's mistake. Going by Amazon's history I doubt they will cancel the $43 pre-orders. They have honored mistakes before, but I never seen it done on a pre-order.

About your question on NeoGaf someone who had UC4 pre-ordered before this contacted Amazon CS after UC4 dropped to $43, and they was told that their shipping price will drop to $43 (unless it goes lower before than). Also some people got the $43 price after Amazon stopped it by calling Amazon CS.

Well drat, maybe Amazon is just gonna be cool about it then. That's pretty sweet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

revolther posted:

Planetside 2 closed beta code just arrived in my inbox. Stoked to see how it turned out. Wasn't the greatest game ever when last I played, but i had enough fun on PC that ground floor on ps4 could be fun.

email inbox or PSN message inbox?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Order: Giving steampunk cosplayers another excuse to wear their gears-on-hat outfits

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

a cop posted:

That looks like the poo poo

Fixed that for you there, pal.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm going to play The Order and then trade it in, sorry if that offends anyone.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Agrias120 posted:

Fixed that for you there, pal.
:emo:I will burn my dread.:emo:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Rad Valtar posted:

I plan on playing it, trading it in, and then suing the company of # of pixels. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rad Valtar posted:

Such a hot take it will melt the PSN servers and give us a month of downtime because we didn't appreciate The Order

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rad Valtar posted:

Is it just the graphics, or is there something interesting about this game that I've missed?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

No. Buy it, play it, then sell it to me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm going to get The Order from Gamefly rather than spend money to trade it in at a loss. Sorry if that offends anyone.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Is it just the graphics, or is there something interesting about this game that I've missed?

I dunno. It looks like decent fun to me. I probably won't get it at launch, because I don't like paying $60 for any game, but I think the reason most people are harping on it is either genre fatigue or because there's no multiplayer, and neither of those is an issue for me.

edit: I forgot the letterboxing. that's a thing, right?

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 21, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, The Saboteur and a bunch of other goon faves didn't have multiplayer.

The hatebox for The Order is kinda weird honestly

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Ya but it looks like something we've all played several times before and the trailers don't seem to mix up the formula enough or add anything different.

*jizzes pants over bloodborne

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

precision posted:

Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, The Saboteur and a bunch of other goon faves didn't have multiplayer.

The order devs made some really dumb PR statements so it kind of was born from that.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

precision posted:

Disappointment, mostly. Not because "URGH NO MULTIPLAYER" but because for some reason people think another shootymans game is gonna be the one reason to get a new playstation.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

precision posted:

The Order looks very Gears of War-ish, and the only part of Gears of War thats worth playing is the MP. Its pretty logical and straightforward really.

Also goons started frothing about Infinite before it even came out, so calling it a favorite is pretty lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Key word being PC- I want DNLA because setting up a Plex server when the only computers found in my house are Mac laptops is a real pain in the rear end.

This was a while back but hey guy, I run my Plex server on a 6 year old Mac Mini and have never had performance problems. It runs on just about anything. I'm not saying Sony shouldn't have implemented DNLA but Plex is so much better that even if they did, it would be pretty foolish to stick with DNLA as an end-user.

quote:

Also goons started frothing about Infinite before it even came out, so calling it a favorite is pretty lol

Which I still don't get. I wasn't reading the forums or gaming media around the time it released, but I played and thoroughly enjoyed it. Came back to the forums at some point to find that (some loud) goons had a pretty bad hate boner for it.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 21, 2015

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Which I still don't get. I wasn't reading the forums or gaming media around the time it released, but I played and thoroughly enjoyed it. Came back to the forums at some point to find that (some loud) goons had a pretty bad hate boner for it.

Same actually. I didnt really start reading >games until after I had played Infinite and was surprised at how much people here hated it. I thought it was a pretty fun game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Herr Direktor posted:

Ya but it looks like something we've all played several times before and the trailers don't seem to mix up the formula enough or add anything different.

*jizzes pants over bloodborne

I'm not an order hater or anything, but that is pretty much why people are so worked up about bloodborne so I'm not sure what would be ironic about that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinite got backlash when it came out but the DLC + the studio closing in such a lovely way is really what seemed to have turned the tide on it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Infinite got backlash from day one. People got really upset about the plot to that game. It just wasn't from the press.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

ImpAtom posted:

Infinite got backlash when it came out but the DLC + the studio closing in such a lovely way is really what seemed to have turned the tide on it.

because why would anyone judge the game on individual merits rather than circumstances surrounding those who created it

The Order looks pretty OK and I won't have a problem throwing down $70 for it. Relatively original setting for a cover shooter, and it's been ages since I've played anything Gears Of War-esque so it could be fun?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

a cop posted:

That looks like poo poo
Gives me flashbacks to Evil Within to be honest. :barf:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

because why would anyone judge the game on individual merits rather than circumstances surrounding those who created it

The Order looks pretty OK and I won't have a problem throwing down $70 for it. Relatively original setting for a cover shooter, and it's been ages since I've played anything Gears Of War-esque so it could be fun?

Well, the DLC is its own merits and like or dislike you can't say it doesn't really drastically alter the plot.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just loving :lol: at that gif being praised.

"Man, I loving WISH they tricked me like that to waste $60"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

precision posted:

lol that you're lumping Dishonored in with these other garbage games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The Sabtoteur was great

• Locked thread