Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
There's got to be a less conspicuous way to enter a window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Man, I normally like the flashbacks, even the Hong Kong ones, but this episode really should focus on other stuff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thanks for the bloody sword, dingus.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Scyantific posted:

I wish more people would pronounce it Raysh instead of Rozz

Latter is the Arabic pronunciation, former is creator's intention. If there's no David Warner, I don't want anyone else to say Raysh, anyway.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

"You killed him."

"And I will live with that guilt for the next...eh, minute or so."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

I wish more people would pronounce it Raysh instead of Rozz

Hey, they already took away his race, at least they're using his language right.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Darko posted:

Latter is the Arabic pronunciation, former is creator's intention. If there's no David Warner, I don't want anyone else to say Raysh, anyway.

Nobody says the word "Detective" quite like David Warner. He says it like its a proper noun.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

e X posted:

Is that actually Borrowman or a really convincing stunt double. Because if he is, drat.

http://www.whosay.com/c/1059566?width=500&height=888

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Obviously Merlyn is sorry because now he's a dead man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They probably should have shown more time passing between the two Merlyn scenes.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Man Vinnie Jones REALLY isn't as intimidating as he used to be. Is he supposed to be super powered at all? I'm more of a Marvel guy so I have to be constantly looking up character names on Wikipedia.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boru posted:

Man Vinnie Jones REALLY isn't as intimidating as he used to be. Is he supposed to be super powered at all? I'm more of a Marvel guy so I have to be constantly looking up character names on Wikipedia.

Brick as a comic character does have powers. I do agree that he isn't quite as big as he used to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This episode feels like they've upped their game with the action.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

They probably should have shown more time passing between the two Merlyn scenes.

Well Oliver was able to get there within 12 hours. Plausible that Merlyn had the resources to get in and out in 24-36 hours.

Also, a Roy scene without pointless flips!

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

I mean don't get me wrong, he still has a great cockney street tough attitude, but he's really starting to look his age.

That being said I'll always enjoy seeing ol Vinnie Jones on screen.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, not 100% human I guess?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Geez you don't need to shut the lights off. Rude.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I figured Roy would have quit first, not Felicity.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Maseo saves Oliver, but who does he bring him to? I think it's Katana but not entirely sure

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh hey its those sonic bomb thingies that Canary used like once.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Malcolm you son of a bitch.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Nice :butt:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, are we gonna get the wall arc?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah, Laurel you look so awkward.

Not gonna deny.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

e X posted:

Man, I normally like the flashbacks, even the Hong Kong ones, but this episode really should focus on other stuff.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man, Katana saving his rear end? Please let the Soultaker be a real thing!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I love episodes like this. I love seeing characters who don't usually talk to each other that much having meaningful interactions. I'm actually kind of sad that it looks like Oliver is coming back so soon, because I'm enjoying what his absence is doing for the team.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They obviously weren't going to have Ollie be "dead" for a long stretch, but that also doesn't mean he's going right back to Starling,

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah it's not exactly good for Ollie going back to Starling immediately after Ra's supposedly killed him.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

That was a pretty good episode even though some of the scene shifts were a kinda weird.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Great episode. Great to see the team functioning without Ollie. Also Roy's stunts were cool and not embarrassing.
-I don't know why Diggle was wearing the Arrow costume initially and dropped it so quickly. Because it was "too tight"? It's just so ridiculous when he's going on Arrow-missions in a leather jacket and no head-covering.
-Thea can deduce that Roy is Arsenal but not that Ollie is the Green Arrow. They're not doing a good job at making her seem like an intimidating warrior.
-Didn't like the flashbacks. Their mission looking for a vial of weaponized bullshit is too similar to Mirakuru or countless other superhero clichés. And Maseo's dialogue was terrible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was wearing it to keep up appearances. He's bigger than Ollie though, and it's leather, so he couldn't do much but stand there.

Thea figuring Roy out isn't that crazy. She's seen him with the Arrow before.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

He was wearing it to keep up appearances. He's bigger than Ollie though, and it's leather, so he couldn't do much but stand there.

Thea figuring Roy out isn't that crazy. She's seen him with the Arrow before.

Oh Yeah. That makes sense. Sorry I just got done watching it. I guess I'm just tired of Thea not knowing something so clear by now. As for Diggle, for his own/ his family's protection he needs a costume and a codename for the love of goddd. I mean, they even refer to him as Diggle over the radio!

Also why do they randomly have Sara's old wig laying around? That's just creepy.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I think Diggle stopped wearing Oliver's gear because he doesn't make a very convincing Arrow, as we saw with him firing at the truck in the opening scene.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That was a good episode and at least the Flashback episodes are going to lead to like you something, also Alpha and Omega virus.

Also, I like that they straight up say he's dead. "She brought you back to life". So magic herbs it is then unless she is a metahuman that can bring people to life.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Diggle should've shot Barrowman in the face. A lot.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Hollismason posted:

That was a good episode and at least the Flashback episodes are going to lead to like you something, also Alpha and Omega virus.

Also, I like that they straight up say he's dead. "She brought you back to life". So magic herbs it is then unless she is a metahuman that can bring people to life.

"Before we left Japan, we stole a secret serum known as... Mirakuru"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha what a jerk move turning the lights off on them

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
Honestly, I'm a little sad there was so much Roy and he didn't even do one flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Thea literally asking everyone except the police where Ollie is.

• Locked thread