Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Silegna posted:

Weren't these uploaded to your channel days ago? Anyhow, I make it a point not to watch videos I helped record with, as I hate hearing my own voice.
Also, Rai is a moron.

jayman52 posted:

Hey there everyone, I forgot to update you guys. So, here it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I got stuff wrong, it's one of two things
1) I'm a dumbass
2) I said something slightly off to be funny.

Usually 1.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
Today's update is going to be a massive one folks. Mostly due to the fact that today is the day that Days Movie Riff goes public. There is, of course, only an uncut version of the Days movie riff but you don't need to worry about it because subtitles are on throughout the entire movie.

Days Movie Riffs
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Movie Riff Version 1 (w/ TheShapeshifter100, Silver Falcon and Senerio)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Movie Riff Version 2 (w/ Rhiodise and Prythian)

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 005 – "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: The Awakening"
Episode 006 – "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: The Last Train to The Mysterious Tower"

New Episodes
Episode 005 – "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: The Awakening"
Episode 006 – "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: The Last Train to The Mysterious Tower"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Characters

Xion

Xion is an interesting character in that she is a replica (e.g. Repliku) except she is created from the memories of two different people. Her entire story is told in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. VA: Alyson Stoner (358/2 Days), Hayden Panettiere (Kingdom Hearts 3D)

Pete

The used car salesman from Goof Troop returns! Of course, this Pete is more similar to his original incarnation that appeared in Steam Boat Willy. VA: Jim Cummings

Yen Sid

The original sorcerer from The Sorcerer's Apprentice returns! I imagine he has had a quite a bit of time to forgive Mickey for that incident. VA: Corey Burton

Nobodies

Assassin

The lower form Nobody controlled by Axel.
Reaction Command: Fail Safe - Hard to pull off, in my opinion but then again I just probably suck at pulling it off. Sora/Roxas grabs the Assassin prior to the self destruct and slams it on the ground which causes it to explode and not harm Sora/Roxas. If Fail Safe is used then you still get the experience and drops whereas if the Assassin self destructs on its own then you don't.

Creeper

Another lower form Nobody that is controlled by all of the Organization 13 members.
Reaction Command: None (Though it is affected by Reversal if it is in the vicinity when you do it to a Dusk.)

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 29, 2015

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Assassins are some of the most aggravating Nobodies to deal with. Immediately after spawning, they lash out with a very quick jab and very soon after become invulnerable by diving into the floor. If you can close the distance with them quickly enough and use reflect, you can get some early damage in and possibly kill them right off the bat. Otherwise, they remain invulnerable unless you block or counter one of their attacks, at which point they curl into a vulnerable little ball and you can murderize them properly.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

You know, if this Twilight Town is fake....why did DiZ copy his lab over? Also, did he repurpose the mansion for this, or was that lab ALWAYS there?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Silegna posted:

You know, if this Twilight Town is fake....why did DiZ copy his lab over? Also, did he repurpose the mansion for this, or was that lab ALWAYS there?

I think this gets touched on really late in the game. It's something you have to infer after seeing it, but i think that it makes sense (for this series).

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

Assassins are some of the most aggravating Nobodies to deal with. Immediately after spawning, they lash out with a very quick jab and very soon after become invulnerable by diving into the floor. If you can close the distance with them quickly enough and use reflect, you can get some early damage in and possibly kill them right off the bat. Otherwise, they remain invulnerable unless you block or counter one of their attacks, at which point they curl into a vulnerable little ball and you can murderize them properly.

Reflect is useful in every situation. Just more so against nobodies, because the ones we haven't seen yet (including assassins) can be super-goddamned-cheap.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I'm disappointed you didn't add the ice cream/clock tower counter in the days riff movies. :colbert: I'm trying to count the instances of the clock tower and ice cream appearing now.

Edit: Here's my count. Not including the credits (So nothing for video 7)

Video 1: Clock Tower: 8 Ice Cream: 9
Video 2: Clock Tower: 11 Ice Cream: 8
Video 3: Clock Tower: 9 Ice Cream: 8
Video 4: Clock Tower: 6 Ice Cream: 5
Video 5: Clock Tower: 4 Ice Cream: 2
Video 6: Clock Tower: 4 Ice Cream: 3
Total: Clock Tower: 42 Ice Cream: 35

Nameless Fool fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 20, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Nameless Fool posted:

I'm disappointed you didn't add the ice cream/clock tower counter in the days riff movies. :colbert: I'm trying to count the instances of the clock tower and ice cream appearing now.

Edit: Here's my count. Not including the credits (So nothing for video 7)

Video 1: Clock Tower: 8 Ice Cream: 9
Video 2: Clock Tower: 11 Ice Cream: 8
Video 3: Clock Tower: 9 Ice Cream: 8
Video 4: Clock Tower: 6 Ice Cream: 5
Video 5: Clock Tower: 4 Ice Cream: 2
Video 6: Clock Tower: 4 Ice Cream: 3
Total: Clock Tower: 42 Ice Cream: 35
So I believe we have hit diabetic coma territory here.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

bman in 2288 posted:

I think this gets touched on really late in the game. It's something you have to infer after seeing it, but i think that it makes sense (for this series).

That's kind of a thing with KH2 in general, arguably more than any other game in the series. I can think of a number of details that don't seem to make much sense at face value. It's not til you go digging, that you discover what was actually going on.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
Watching these updates I've realized I have a preternatural ability to only talk during cutscenes.

As for 358/2 Days, I have to say Xion might be my least favorite thing in the entirety of the series. Her whole characterization smacks of self insert fanfiction and I never really felt like she was all that necessary for the progression of the story. I mean sure, it sets up some motivations, but at the same time it cheats you out of them at the end of the game by basically removing Xion from everyone's collective memories, and then as far as I know she just shows up as a minor cameo in a couple of other games. Apparently some people like her though, since according to the wiki she was voted the best new character of 2009 in Nintendo Power.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Emery posted:

Watching these updates I've realized I have a preternatural ability to only talk during cutscenes.

As for 358/2 Days, I have to say Xion might be my least favorite thing in the entirety of the series. Her whole characterization smacks of self insert fanfiction and I never really felt like she was all that necessary for the progression of the story. I mean sure, it sets up some motivations, but at the same time it cheats you out of them at the end of the game by basically removing Xion from everyone's collective memories, and then as far as I know she just shows up as a minor cameo in a couple of other games.

I get how you are feeling but there is a good chance that Xion will be brought back during Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm guessing that Nomura has plans for each and every character that has been "killed". We already know that a Nomura has hinted that many lost characters will be brought back to join the fight against the big bad.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

GMArcturus posted:

Not really? I mean, the game takes place over a year and having ice cream maybe once a week isn't so bad.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Not really? I mean, the game takes place over a year and having ice cream maybe once a week isn't so bad.

Actually, in the game itself, it's mentioned that they have an ice cream after EVERY Successful Mission. Which take a day to do.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So... magic. While we still haven't reached anything to explain in KH2, with the posting of the Days video, I thought I'd go into that a bit. You see, it works a bit different in Days than the other games. Days has a panel system where you customize your character with their weapon, abilities, accessories, levels, etc. For every panel you put down of a particular magic spell, you have one cast of that magic. There are ways of multiplying that, of course. You can stick in Doublecast, Triplecast, or Quadcast, and then any magic within the slots of that ability are multiplied. There are also Level multipliers for magic, making each cast stronger. However, in Days, the different levels of spell are distinct things, each one doing something different.

Fire is as it was in KH1, where it sent a single homing fireball at an enemy.

Fira was a fireball that shot straight forward, going through enemies.

Firaga is almost like a mortar, with some small homing ability. It goes up and arcs downward, exploding on impact.

Blizzard shoots a small piece of ice forward, which goes a short distance, aims itself at an enemy, goes a short distance, etc. It basically is a short-range attack that'll hit one enemy multiple times as it goes back and forth.

Blizzara appears over an enemy and falls down towards them.

Blizzaga creates a small mine of ice in the air, exploding when an enemy gets near and doing massive damage to them.

Thunder is a series of lightning bolts going in a straight line away from you.

Thundara is much like it was in KH1, where a bunch of lightning bolts fall around you.

Thundaga is a powerful lightning bolt that hits a single target twice. Probably the most damaging spell in Days.

Aero is a small ball of wind that homes in on an enemy.

Aerora is a whirlwind that slowly travels along the ground, homing towards enemies and hitting them.

Aeroga creates a massive whirlwind around you, sucking all the enemies towards you while doing significant damage.

Cure is the standard, small health heal from KH1.

Cura is a regen effect, much like Tinker Bell.

Curaga creates a field of healing magic wherever you cast it. As long as it lasts, you and other party members you might have can go there for healing.

As you can probably see, each spell is more like a tool than the massively overpowered forms they were in KH1. Generally, each one is useful for different purposes, and picking the right loadout in Days is fairly important for whatever mission you're on. Not that you saw any of that in this LP! If you want to see the actual gameplay of Days, go watch Blackbelt Bobman's LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GMArcturus posted:

Silegna posted:

Actually, in the game itself, it's mentioned that they have an ice cream after EVERY Successful Mission. Which take a day to do.

If any of them where people, I'd be worried. Buuut if they were I'd be cool with them having a DBZ style buffet after all the fighting they do. As they're just nobodies it's not like there's anything to worry about. :v:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Well, they don't exist, so the food probably just goes into a portal into the realm of darkness. Heartless love ice cream.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I got to Part 3 of the V2 Days movie. One of you said Jim Cummings had died. He is still alive and actually did the Cheshire Cat in the Coded movie.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Days movie also removes all the fun annoying-as-hell bosses. For knowledge on how to fight them, look up the Bobman LP.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Days somehow made flying in Neverland the worst thing in the world and the boss of that world is infinitely terrible both because and in spite of it. gently caress Days for days.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

mateo360 posted:

So I got to Part 3 of the V2 Days movie. One of you said Jim Cummings had died. He is still alive and actually did the Cheshire Cat in the Coded movie.

Hell, he recently did Lorewalker Cho in WoW Mists of Pandaria.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
By the way, are you doing the Coded movie or showing off the game?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

Days somehow made flying in Neverland the worst thing in the world and the boss of that world is infinitely terrible both because and in spite of it. gently caress Days for days.

He's not even the worst boss. Just have a million Blizzagas. His path is preset. Leechgrave, on the other hand, is a giant jerk.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Senerio posted:

He's not even the worst boss. Just have a million Blizzagas. His path is preset. Leechgrave, on the other hand, is a giant jerk.
That boss is: terrible

wait a sec why do you know the names of these mother fuckers

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013

mateo360 posted:

Huh, well that's good news at least! I've got no clue why I thought he was dead, I swear I heard about it but it was probably just some other big name VA and my brain confused it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

That boss is: terrible

wait a sec why do you know the names of these mother fuckers

I'm a giant KH sperg. Also I looked on the wiki.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Senerio posted:

You mean the boss with the regenerating tentacles, that have the smallest hitboxes imaginable? Which you have to kill before you can even ATTACK the main body?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Silegna posted:

You mean the boss with the regenerating tentacles, that have the smallest hitboxes imaginable? Which you have to kill before you can even ATTACK the main body?

...I don't even remember this boss. And I beat the game, too.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Rhiodise posted:

Huh, well that's good news at least! I've got no clue why I thought he was dead, I swear I heard about it but it was probably just some other big name VA and my brain confused it.

The japanese VA for Master Xehanort died.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fortunately, Leonard Nimoy still lives so all is not lost.

Galeboomer
Dec 6, 2011

Silegna posted:

The japanese VA for Master Xehanort died.

And Mickey Mouse's English VA, Wayne Allwine, died right before the original DS release of Days way back in May 2009. So that's a possibility for confusion, too.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there peoples, Arcturus here with a little bit of an announcement. I have been given some friendly advice by Silver Falcon and given the amount of content I put out on Monday I am planning on pushing Friday's update to this coming up Monday (01/26). If I had thought about things a little better then I would have made the Days Movie the update for Friday. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and all that. Now if you do still want Friday's update then post here and let me know otherwise I will hold off on posting it until Monday.

Edit: Falcon gave me a little more advice just now and what she said makes sense. She suggested that I turn down the frequency of the updates and as I understand how you can get burnt out doing LPs I agreed with her. Starting Monday (01/26) there will be one episode per update. I also feel this will prevent burn out on all of you that are reading the thread and keeping up with the episodes. Let me know what you think.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 22, 2015

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Shiiiiet, you killed, skinned, and replaced jayman. Like, yeah, the dude was a dork and was 100% more of a fan of Kingdom Hearts than I liked, but you stole his entire internet life.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

It was bound to happen eventually. In all seriousness, though I really hope these changes make it easier for you guys because to be honest I had no idea I was going too fast through the series. Thanks watching/reading and the changes start next week.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It also depends on how long the episodes are. But at that rate I'm sure you'll finish the series in time for Kingdom Hearts 3, whenever that's coming out.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

I'm fine with either smaller updates, or more spaced out updates. I'd like to see you finished but after Chain of Memories and Days I can see how you'd get SUPER burned out with the rate you have been keeping up so far. One half hour update a week is plenty, by me.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

It also depends on how long the episodes are. But at that rate I'm sure you'll finish the series in time for Kingdom Hearts 3, whenever that's coming out.

What's funny is the fact that I have recently been thinking about that exact thing. At the original rate of 4 episodes per week I would probably finish the series before KH3 comes out and then there would just be a massive amount of waiting around while we all wait for KH3 to release. Speaking of which, I am curious if the thread thinks there will be a KH3 edition PS4 released when the game comes out. As of right now, I don't have a PS4 mostly because I am waiting to see if a special KH3 version releases with the game. Just curious what everyone's thoughts on the chances of that happening are.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Maybe? The special edition consoles are usually reserved for really popular series. KH is pretty popular and people have been waiting for 3 for a LONG TIME so it'll probably get a special edition console.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DFlux posted:

Maybe? The special edition consoles are usually reserved for really popular series. KH is pretty popular and people have been waiting for 3 for a LONG TIME so it'll probably get a special edition console.

Maybe in Japan, but my uncle at nintendo told me not to count on it. As far as I know, square doesn't get special edition consoles for their games in the US.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Maybe in Japan, but my uncle at nintendo told me not to count on it. As far as I know, square doesn't get special edition consoles for their games in the US.

Oh yeah I doubt the US would get a special edition console. Like HEAVILY DOUBT. It is Square after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Guess I forgot to mention that I have no problem importing said special edition console.

• Locked thread