Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&model=Atom-SV-Hoody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XGkAneDAMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

More bike poo poo

x2

:homebrew:

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Bogan Krkic posted:

What beers are these

Feral Boris
http://www.feralbrewing.com.au/feral-beer/

La Sirene Saison, wild saison, super saison
http://www.lasirene.com.au/

Nail oatmeal stout
http://www.nailbrewing.com.au/beers.html

La Sirene Farmhouse red

Amazing beers, La Sirene blew everyone away when they started producing a few years back. Love them all dearly.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

David Copperfield posted:

Yeah, I'm sure you're a beacon of relatability.

In fifteen years that Cayman will have reached the valley of depreciation, similar to where the 996 and 986 are now.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Kinda missed the point, Moneybags.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

woot fatigue posted:

After having a Boxster and currently a 911 C4S, I can without a doubt say that my next Porsche will be a Cayman S or GTS. If you consider taste to be spending more on a less enjoyable car, by all means be my guest.

I just don't like the styling. If he said he'd get a Boxter I would've just said he chose the poor man's Porsche. With that said I just bought a 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, so what the gently caress do I know?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I Am Not Spor posted:

I just don't like the styling. If he said he'd get a Boxter I would've just said he chose the poor man's Porsche. With that said I just bought a 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, so what the gently caress do I know?

Take it to the chop shop
Get the damned top dropped
Two colored flipped flopped
Candy red lollipop

Throw some ds on that bitch

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

NotAnArtist posted:

Take it to the chop shop
Candy red lollipop

App13
Dec 31, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

Take it to the chop shop
Candy red lollipop

I just realized I only know these lyrics because of the girl talk song, and have no idea where they are originally from

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

App13 posted:

I just realized I only know these lyrics because of the girl talk song, and have no idea where they are originally from

The song aptly named "Throw some D's" by Rich Boy.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm a gigantic baby that doesn't like the taste of most beer (sours are good but aren't really available where I am) so I got a growler of some microbrew root beer from a local pizza place. It's not a trip to Hong Kong but :)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I didn't buy my now-wife an engagement ring because we wanted to spend the money on the actual day instead (we got married at a loving zoo :dance:)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

I didn't buy my now-wife an engagement ring because we wanted to spend the money on the actual day instead (we got married at a loving zoo :dance:)

hmm where is this loving zoo?

is it like a swingers paradise?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Sappo569 posted:

hmm where is this loving zoo?

is it like a swingers paradise?

That's horrific :gonk:

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Ruger SP101. its not a Porsche, but i could probably get one with it if I were so inclined.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Big Centipede posted:

Ruger SP101. its not a Porsche, but i could probably get one with it if I were so inclined.

Could probably get a wife for a few hours, too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If a potential wife cares about how many bullets are in the gun, then she isn't the one for you. Enjoy the married life!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Bape outshining the forums with that baller proposal. Congrats in advance.

I've tried to curb my spending lately, which means that my only purchases recently have been a bunch more vinyl (Minus the Bear, Smashing Pumpkins, First Aid Kit), a pair of white Stan Smiths that I'm not sure why I bought during the winter, and a new pair of Levis last week because the zipper fly on the pair I was wearing ripped the morning that I had to give a presentation in front ~200 people (and was out of town).

I guess that's not really curbing much, but at least the vinyl was stuff I had ordered a while ago and just received.

Also paid off my credit card balances so I guess that's something responsible.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

where are you buying your vinyl?
do you get mostly new?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Big Centipede posted:

Might want to use that to clear this thread of some richers.

edit: Turn your watch around.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Congratulations bape, although a ring like that seems like more stress than its worth. You getting her a replica for daily wear?

I would have just got a replica and a Porsche...

I bought a pulled pork burrito today. It was pretty baller

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

CancerCakes posted:

Congratulations bape, although a ring like that seems like more stress than its worth. You getting her a replica for daily wear?

I would have just got a replica and a Porsche...

I bought a pulled pork burrito today. It was pretty baller

Oh I dunno. Is that a thing? I was just gonna insure it comprehensively.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Levi's has some pretty good sale prices right now, so I picked up a jacket and some chinos.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Your jacket matches my composition book.

And wearing your watch upside down while you take a picture of your new handgun might be the most humble-brag white dad thing I've ever seen.

I bought a really nice wedding album

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Possibly moving in a couple months, so instead of doing a whole rebuild I just upgraded my video card for now.

ASUS STRIX GTX 970

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Bape Culture posted:

Oh I dunno. Is that a thing? I was just gonna insure it comprehensively.

No just insure it. What's the point of buying her a beautiful ring and then not wearing it?

I mean no offense either, but is that what she really wants? Some women want the biggest, most gorgeous diamond their fiance can afford. Others want something a little more modest, or would rather pick out the setting themselves. Have you talked about it at all?

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Echeveria posted:

I mean no offense either, but is that what she really wants? Some women want the biggest, most gorgeous diamond their fiance can afford. Others want something a little more modest, or would rather pick out the setting themselves.

I thought every single thing the poor guy posted was atrocious. I feel bad for him for a variety of reasons. But hey.. different strokes for different folks.

edit: Forgive me. I should have posted only the last sentence and excluded the first two. It is sufficient to say that our worldviews are probably thoroughly different.

Comatoast has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Jan 22, 2015

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Comatoast posted:

I thought every single thing the poor guy posted was atrocious. I feel bad for him for a variety of reasons. But hey.. different strokes for different folks.

Go on

Echeveria posted:

No just insure it. What's the point of buying her a beautiful ring and then not wearing it?

I mean no offense either, but is that what she really wants? Some women want the biggest, most gorgeous diamond their fiance can afford. Others want something a little more modest, or would rather pick out the setting themselves. Have you talked about it at all?

Aye shell love it for sure. She really likes her mums one and that's even bigger.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love how people are assuming Bape has no clue what his lady will like. Do goons really not understand human interaction and what goes on in a relationship between two people?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

88h88 posted:

I love how people are assuming Bape has no clue what his lady will like. Do goons really not understand human interaction and what goes on in a relationship between two people?

Well, duh. Goons.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

88h88 posted:

Well of course we do. We buy our significant other the most expensive things and in return they shower us with sex, the only thing we really want, right?

right?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It looks like exactly the kind of trip that someone that buys and wears huge sneakers would love.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Bottom Liner posted:

Your jacket matches my composition book.

Haha, I hadn't made that connection, but now I can't un-see it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

It looks like exactly the kind of trip that someone that buys and wears huge sneakers would love.

This!

NotAnArtist posted:

Well of course we do. We buy our significant other the most expensive things and in return they shower us with sex, the only thing we really want, right?

right?

I put this on for her because I love her

88h88 posted:

Personally I'm glad of the slightly odd people as they are much nicer people than the spiteful

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I've no problem with it. The hotel is a specific style. It's not my taste, but more in the sense that I wouldn't decorate my house that way. For a romantic weekend, it looks pretty fun. Spa especially. I love food, so the reservations at the restaurants are nice. I'm more of a middle working class type, though. If she wants to marry you, she will give no fucks about the hotel or reservations - that is to say, she'll enjoy it because you put effort into it, and say yes regardless of the location your propose.

Bape Culture posted:

Aye shell love it for sure. She really likes her mums one and that's even bigger.

I'd probably take my eye out with it. I work in health care, and my ring rips my gloves, so I have to flip it under.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

It looked all very bling, the kind of things you would see in a hip hop music video. The oversaturation in the pictures did not help with this feeling.

Some people just abhor such ostentation or prefer more classic stuff. Like he/she said, different strokes

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Jan 22, 2015

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Leave the rich guy alone. He can spend his money however he likes, and I'm sure his future fiancee will enjoy their trip and hopefully the subsequent engagement.

2x WD10EZEX 1TB Western Digital hard drives so I can back up all of the pictures from my wedding

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You know I almost did that with my vacation pictures and other electronic memorabilia but then was like, CLOUD exists for a reason, so now I just pay a few bucks a month for google to curate my important stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Bhodi posted:

You know I almost did that with my vacation pictures and other electronic memorabilia but then was like, CLOUD exists for a reason, so now I just pay a few bucks a month for google to curate my important stuff.

I would have used cloud storage, but my family uses me as the family album and some of them are so technically illiterate that they refused to even look at pictures I put online because that "violated the KISS principle." Not to mention my father fears and loathes Google so much that he uses Yahoo instead.