Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thea knows Roy is Arsenal because in season two, when they were supposed to run off and be safe together she found his red bow and arrow at his house so she wrote that lovely note and left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Boru posted:

I mean don't get me wrong, he still has a great cockney street tough attitude, but he's really starting to look his age.

That being said I'll always enjoy seeing ol Vinnie Jones on screen.

It was a bit of whiplash having watched him on Galavant for the last three weeks....

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Caper posted:

Oh Yeah. That makes sense. Sorry I just got done watching it. I guess I'm just tired of Thea not knowing something so clear by now. As for Diggle, for his own/ his family's protection he needs a costume and a codename for the love of goddd. I mean, they even refer to him as Diggle over the radio!

Also why do they randomly have Sara's old wig laying around? That's just creepy.

Thea knows Ollie is the arrow, it is just that she can't say it because no one else is supposed to know that she knows. Slade told her in the middle of his arc.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Fenris13 posted:

Thea knows Ollie is the arrow, it is just that she can't say it because no one else is supposed to know that she knows. Slade told her in the middle of his arc.

No, he didn't, that was a teaser. He told her Ollie kept a secret from her, but then in the next scene she just confronts him over Merlyn being her dad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Fenris13 posted:

Slade told Laurel.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I'm really glad they didn't try to drag out whether Ollie is alive or not for the audience, since Amell is clearly still on the show and not just for flashbacks. I hope he's out of the city recovering from being sorta dead and training for a while because its cool seeing the rest of the cast try to grow and respond to his death, and its going to be awesome when he does return to kick whatever rear end is waiting for him, because they are basically turning him into Green Goku for this plotline.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

DapperDinosaur posted:

Honestly, I'm a little sad there was so much Roy and he didn't even do one flip.

That part where he kicked the guy and used it to hop up on top of the pipe was pretty cool.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Whizbang posted:

That part where he kicked the guy and used it to hop up on top of the pipe was pretty cool.

It was, but it doesn't feel right if we don't get a gratuitous flip.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Selachian posted:

It was a bit of whiplash having watched him on Galavant for the last three weeks....

I was thinking this exact same thing.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Xtanstic posted:

It was, but it doesn't feel right if we don't get a gratuitous flip.

Yeah, I mean, hoe can we be sure it was him without a pointless backflip?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Hollismason posted:

That was a good episode and at least the Flashback episodes are going to lead to like you something, also Alpha and Omega virus.

Also, I like that they straight up say he's dead. "She brought you back to life". So magic herbs it is then unless she is a metahuman that can bring people to life.

Those herbs must be really loving good if they can piece together the shattered remnants of his skull after he fell 400 feet onto solid rock. But nope, *hits Staples button*. "That was easy."

I mean for gently caress's sake, he was shot in season 1 and it was a big dramatic Event trying to stabilize him and keep him alive. Last year he got injected with mystery poison and Barry Allen had to be brought in help save him and that took some time as well. Here, he was stabbed through the gut, and fell a bone-shattering, organ-liquefying distance onto solid rock, and possibily was lying there for 3 days (depending on if Starling and mountain scenes were synchronized) and his recovery from that seemed to take about 10 minutes and was off-screen. Oliver being alive at the end really just seems to have been done way, way too easily.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 22, 2015

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Those herbs must be really loving good if they can piece together the shattered remnants of his skull after he fell 400 feet onto solid rock. But nope, *hits Staples button*. "That was easy."

I mean for gently caress's sake, he was shot in season 1 and it was a big dramatic Event trying to stabilize him and keep him alive. Last year he got injected with mystery poison and Barry Allen had to be brought in help save him and that took some time as well. Here, he was stabbed through the gut, and fell a bone-shattering, organ-liquefying distance onto solid rock, and possibilty was lying there for 3 days (depending on if Starling and mountain scenes were synchronized) and his recovery from that seemed to take about 10 minutes and was off-screen. Oliver being alive at the end really just seems to have been done way, way too easily.

None of them had access to Magical Hanzo Steel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was a preview for next week showing Oliver alive, not part of this episode.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'll take the shittiness of plot for Ollie coming back to life over the shittiness of The Flash not using his superspeed to disarm or punch Captain Cold and Heatwave and instead trying to get them to cross streams of their elemental guns for some insane reason.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I suppose it could have been done for drama, but Maseo literally says "I asked her to come here to bring you back to life".

Is there anything about the comic version of the character that would support that?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not even remotely. I'm guessing BigDC said no to the Lazarus Pit

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Honestly, I wish they'd lay of the eastern mysticism a little.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

That was a preview for next week showing Oliver alive, not part of this episode.

Nope. The episode ended with him waking up.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rocksicles posted:

Not even remotely. I'm guessing BigDC said no to the Lazarus Pit

Which is kind of weird if they're going to have Ras talk about how he's 90-something years old (at least :tinfoil:)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Katana's magic re-animator powers could have come from the Pit, who knows. It's just speculation atm.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

WarLocke posted:

Which is kind of weird if they're going to have Ras talk about how he's 90-something years old (at least :tinfoil:)

I'm sure they'll just replace the Lazarus Pit with some Immortality McGuffin. Aside from not jiving with DC mythology, it won't make any difference to the story what widget brings him back/keep Ras alive.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think it's way too early to say if anyone has disallowed anything yet. If Tatsu and Mr. Tatsu were always meant to be the ones who brought Oliver back -- which would seem to be the case since they've been set up in the flashbacks since the beginning of the season -- then the show was never gonna use a Lazarus Pit at this point of the storylines.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I could have sworn this was posted in this thread before but maybe not. It answers your questions about this.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/19/stephen-amell-says-lazarus-pit-will-not-be-used-for-oliver-on-ar/

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Rocksicles posted:

Katana's magic re-animator powers could have come from the Pit, who knows. It's just speculation atm.

Or she just has sagely oriental skills and mystic herbs. It could go either way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

I could have sworn this was posted in this thread before but maybe not. It answers your questions about this.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/19/stephen-amell-says-lazarus-pit-will-not-be-used-for-oliver-on-ar/

Yeah i saw it posted here, i was hoping it was classic a producer double bluff.

Seriously though Magic zen herbs vs Lazarus Pit. how are they different?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Spectre rebuilt Ollie's physical body out of a few atoms he picked off of Superman's cape. This was after being atomized in an exploding plane.

Falling off a cliff is loving nursery school bullshit to Oliver Queen.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
"I set this whole thing up, but I hadn't planned any way of checking if my master plan went through. Oh well, I'll just pop over to where the League of Assasssins' (who want to kill me) secret holy place. It probably won't be dangerous at all, despite the fact they should have been here three days ago to kill me and I've just been constantly in and out of the hideout that the League knows that I have a connection to. " -Malcolm Merlyn.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yeah Merlyn's conversation where he reveals Ollie's death to Team Arrow confused the hell out of me.

"Yes I manipulated events to force a confrontation with Ra's, but I never wanted Oliver to die!"

What was he expecting exactly?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah Merlyn's conversation where he reveals Ollie's death to Team Arrow confused the hell out of me.

"Yes I manipulated events to force a confrontation with Ra's, but I never wanted Oliver to die!"

What was he expecting exactly?

He honestly thought Ollie would win. He said as much.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh. How silly of him. Where exactly are we supposed to rank Ollie's fighting ability in this show? It's varied based on plot convenience. Sure he's bested Slade and kinda Merlyn, but he also got bested by Cupid of all people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xtanstic posted:

Oh. How silly of him. Where exactly are we supposed to rank Ollie's fighting ability in this show? It's varied based on plot convenience. Sure he's bested Slade and kinda Merlyn, but he also got bested by Cupid of all people.

It was because Ollie would be fighting to save Thea. He explained this in the previous episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrianWilly posted:

I think it's way too early to say if anyone has disallowed anything yet. If Tatsu and Mr. Tatsu were always meant to be the ones who brought Oliver back -- which would seem to be the case since they've been set up in the flashbacks since the beginning of the season -- then the show was never gonna use a Lazarus Pit at this point of the storylines.

That was a great fakeout having Barrowman there as well though. I really thought it was Malcom's leg in those promo shots. Instead he just did a little once-over of the mountaintop.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 22, 2015

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

That was a great fakeout having Barrowman there as well though. I really thought it was Malcom's leg in those promo shots. Instead he just did a little once-over of the mountaintop.

"I could check for a body but I'd have to climb aaaaaalll the way down there. Meh, my scheme works even without a corpse."

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

muscles like this? posted:

They probably should have shown more time passing between the two Merlyn scenes.

Oliver didn't fly around the world to face Ra's in his home town, they met at a "neutral site" closer to Starling that was considered sacred by the league for some reason.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

bbf2 posted:

Oliver didn't fly around the world to face Ra's in his home town, they met at a "neutral site" closer to Starling that was considered sacred by the league for some reason.

Conveniently in corpse dragging distance of Katana's House Of Raising The Dead.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

CeeJee posted:

Conveniently in corpse dragging distance of Katana's House Of Raising The Dead.

He said "I asked her to come here" so it's probably just some abandoned shack or something.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rhyno posted:

It was because Ollie would be fighting to save Thea. He explained this in the previous episode.

If only Ollie was a shonen protagonist.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

VDay posted:

He said "I asked her to come here" so it's probably just some abandoned shack or something.

Yeah he clearly knew Oliver had no chance so his way of repaying him was to make sure Tatsu was there to do her magic when Oliver inevitably failed.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

bbf2 posted:

The Greater Vancouver Lazarus Pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Diggle drawing a second gun on Malcolm made me think of that scene in Django Unchained. "Two guns, motherfucker."

• Locked thread