Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Saw it on the JoJo forums when I was looking to see how long till the next chapter gets scanlated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus was a Jojo, actually.

Joshua bar Joseph.

His Stand was Sister Christian.

I think you mean 「Lamb of God」.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if steel ball run taught us anything it's that the mormons were right and that there's corn in the bible

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jesus actually had 「Wired for Sound」and his stand just made him 1:1 Cliff Richard. It wasn't the best one.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus was a Jojo, actually.

Joshua bar Joseph.

His Stand was Sister Christian.

Simon Peter, seeing the fig tree has no fruit: This must be the work of an enemy Stand!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
You don't have to be good, you just have to believe? So DIO did find the「Stairway to Heaven」

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
http://m.imgur.com/a/vZR5V

The author of Assassination Classroom eats food prepared by the author of Jojo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Araki doesn't age.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Araki doesn't age.
I'm pretty sure this is now canon to life.

Also if you read a little farther, I think you all will find that Jesus is the king of asspulls.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Araki's radiant skin is extremely good.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I know "Hahaha guy X is a vampire" has become a meme of sorts but for loving real, Araki is a vampire.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

I'm pretty sure this is now canon to life.

Also if you read a little farther, I think you all will find that Jesus is the king of asspulls.

Uh, he clearly foreshadowed coming back from the dead. You just need to pay attention. :colbert:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Some of the joking on the anime thread makes me :allears:

e X posted:

And his stands power is forcing people into card games with really convoluted rules and skewed probabilities.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Soylentbits posted:

http://m.imgur.com/a/vZR5V

The author of Assassination Classroom eats food prepared by the author of Jojo.

Power ranking of people's food I want to eat:
1. Araki
2. Tonio Trussardi
3. Rohan
4. Any other person.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's also funny because Yugioh's basically that fight turned into a whole manga.
Well, the original, pre-card game chapters are at least.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ahahahaha the resolution to the Marilyn Manson fight, Jolyne is definitely her father's daughter.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I literally haven't seen this anywhere. The last Jojonium for Part 1 is out on iTunes now. It came out two days ago apparently.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There was also that guy who was complaining the new op had too many static images hue hue hue

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

From anime thread regarding: ↑ which was swapped to this thread

Now you say it, it's so obvious, why the hell did I think it was death note.

it's happening.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews for tonight's episode:

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/27.html

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The 5 cigarettes is uncensored on Tokyo MX!

e: The special surprise for this episode as mentioned on twitter was a special Oingo Boingo ED. The soundtrack to that special ED is available here: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/cd/ed3.html

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 23, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aurain posted:

The special surprise for this episode as mentioned on twitter was a special Oingo Boingo ED. The soundtrack to that special ED is available here: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/cd/ed3.html

Makes sense. I figured Last Train Home would be way too somber to go after an episode like this when I first heard it. Glad to see DavidPro accounted for that.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I hope they do that ED again with Boingo and Hol Horse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Next week is looking good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope there's a Youtube video of Boingo's weird rear end laugh. :allears:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Surprise owned so much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

KidDynamite posted:

Surprise owned so much.

The ED was the surprise, right? I haven't missed some big announcement?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I hope they do that ED again with Boingo and Hol Horse.

Or better yet, make a similar version with Hol Horse replacing Oingo. :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What other times did the "stand user not powerful enough to have a stand" thing come up?

I know Holly, Josuke, and a bunch of others Avdol knew of but never talked about had the stand sickness and then there were issues with people in Part 7 and 5 being infected by the stand-creating poo poo and it'd just destroy their bodies instead of giving them a stand

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's weird because the arrow never really seems to have a smooth transition from death to getting a stand. either they magically get a stand and live because they're cool enough to have a punch ghost or they straight-up die. same with whatever the hell it was in steel ball run. i'm not sure if it was a conscious decision after part 3's sickness stuff or if araki just kinda stop caring about adding that detail.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FirstAidKite posted:

What other times did the "stand user not powerful enough to have a stand" thing come up?

I know Holly, Josuke, and a bunch of others Avdol knew of but never talked about had the stand sickness and then there were issues with people in Part 7 and 5 being infected by the stand-creating poo poo and it'd just destroy their bodies instead of giving them a stand

Pretty sure Koichi would have died if Josuke hadn't done anything, too. It definitely took a long time for Echos to reach its full potential, so maybe he was never really gifted enough to survive the arrow, but since Josuke fixed the fever he was able to develop his Stand anyway.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's weird because the arrow never really seems to have a smooth transition from death to getting a stand. either they magically get a stand and live because they're cool enough to have a punch ghost or they straight-up die. same with whatever the hell it was in steel ball run. i'm not sure if it was a conscious decision after part 3's sickness stuff or if araki just kinda stop caring about adding that detail.

The idea that Stands can be dangerous if you start developing one actually seems to be one of the most consistent things in the series, it's just that some people react differently than others which makes sense enough. I think the only reason why we don't see more of it is that it just isn't that interesting from a story perspective. It works for motivation here and there, like with Holly, but ultimately it's a manga about psychic spirits punching each other so it's not worth mentioning too often.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 23, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FirstAidKite posted:

Baby Josuke and Koichi, mainly. Baby Josuke couldn't handle DIO's influence and Koichi was shot with the arrow and I vaguely remember someone mentioning that getting shot by an arrow subjects you to a trial where success awakens you to your Stand and failure means you die. Koichi was going to die but he cheated the trial with Josuke's help, leading to Echoes starting out as an egg.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Josuke should have created a ton of stand users like that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Iirc the thing in steel ball run was a combination of Christ parts giving people stands and also the devil's palm giving people stands, the devil's palm just being a moving desert caused by the same meteorite that was used to make the arrows in part 5

ChaosArgate posted:

Baby Josuke and Koichi, mainly. Baby Josuke couldn't handle DIO's influence and Koichi was shot with the arrow and I vaguely remember someone mentioning that getting shot by an arrow subjects you to a trial where success awakens you to your Stand and failure means you die. Koichi was going to die but he cheated the trial with Josuke's help, leading to Echoes starting out as an egg.

Koichi got hit by a long pointy thing but with Josuke's help out came an egg

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FirstAidKite posted:

Koichi got hit by a long pointy thing but with Josuke's help out came an egg

I don't think it's any coincidence that Echos has a similar look to Hierophant Green.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I don't think it's any coincidence that Echos has a similar look to Hierophant Green.

I thought it was based on Cell and Koichi was based on Gohan

Or was that just another fan rumor thing that made its way around like the "Araki forced to turn Anasui into a girl cause jump didn't want lesbians in the manga" and other similar poo poo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought it was based on Cell and Koichi was based on Gohan

Or was that just another fan rumor thing that made its way around like the "Araki forced to turn Anasui into a girl cause jump didn't want lesbians in the manga" and other similar poo poo

It doesn't really look at all like Cell after either change forms. Sounds like some definite fan rumor stuff, but I don't honestly know.

Also I don't know why Araki decided to do it but Part 6 would have been improved by lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All I know is that Echoes was definitely Toriyama as gently caress.

• Locked thread