Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atal Vataman posted:

I seriously dont understand why they are touching shot dispersion. Surely there are better ways of countering snapshots... This sounds dumb as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG9OtzEa27g

They discovered that one of the things that could potentially not make the IS7 the most annoying tank to fight in the game was that it was actually sometimes possible to hit some mythical "weak spots" at range greater than 5 meters, so accuracy is getting nerfed.

Nevermind that for a lot of tanks, being somewhat accurate is the only thing they can fight with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The 8.6 changes went way too far. I'm glad that they're finally tuning it down a bit.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Yeah there are probably better ways of countering snapshots but tbh I'll take this.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
T37 getting nerfed? Oh god :ohdear:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Atal Vataman posted:

I seriously dont understand why they are touching shot dispersion. Surely there are better ways of countering snapshots... This sounds dumb as gently caress

I just love the thought behind this. "People are complaining that armor has no value in the game, we better nerf accuracy."

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Also TD viewrange nerfs, as a scout tank I might actually have more viewrange than the things I'm trying to spot for once. Should be nice.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

OSad posted:

Man, this 4000 spotting damage light mission is no joke.

That's seriously like, once every hundred-and-fifty games for me. That's a lot of spotting to just get on a whim.

You'll be happy to know that the final light mission for the next tank, the T28 Concept, is 5k spotting damage! Gonna go ahead and assume T55 is 6k.

WayAbvPar posted:

Wait for Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient. If you are a super fast light, you can get to the bushes in the 1 line midway up the edge of the map and sit quietly. Unless another light drives really close, you are invisible. Sit there until the rest of the enemy lights buzzing around in the middle get blowed up and then you can creep down the 1 line from bush to bush until you find a camping TD or heavy. Let your team destroy him. Repeat.

Getting to that bush has been a bit of a loving chore lately, with 3-4 light tanks per team. Chances are someone on the enemy team will go for it as well, or will be active spotting mid and getting there just before you reach the bush. That said, I had a tier 10 battle on the map just yesterday, where my team had like 10 TD's who all went to the southwest corner, and the enemy Bulldog got the bush and 7.5k spotting damage.

Atal Vataman posted:

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Yeah there are probably better ways of countering snapshots but tbh I'll take this.

The best thinig would be to gently caress dispersion of shots that are aimed in less than 50% or some arbitrary numbers. If you aim a bit it'd be unchanged, if you snapshot you will probably shoot the moon. I guess the programming for that might be a tad hard to do or something? Personally I said the accuracy change would make snapshots loving annoying even before the change went in, and at last they're doing something!

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Personally the best thing about the 9.6 mentioned in the video is the ability to recycle those drat Radio Operators into something useful.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

mmkay posted:

Personally the best thing about the 9.6 mentioned in the video is the ability to recycle those drat Radio Operators into something useful.

What exactly are they adding? The possibility of retraing any crew to a different role, or?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

For the nice price of 600 gold, no silver option.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

quote:

according to Storm, no more limited MM premium vehicles will be introduced into the game (save for extremely special cases). To that end, IS-5 (earlier, it was supposed to have limited MM) was changed to have full MM. This came with a penetration buff, from 175 to 221 of the 122mm D-25T gun.

Furthermore, the switch of crew’s specialization (radioman to driver for example) will not be cheap. The price was set to 600 gold and there is no credit option (it’s unclear whether this is the final version, but it seems so).

:stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just get rid of silver already and make it an all gold economy.

Ron Paul's ears perked as I typed this.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Not sure that 221 pen on a D-25 will make it a good gun against tier 10s, considering the D-25 has 0.46 accuracy. BL-9 is 225/0.40.

Add in the new dispersion and, well... I wouldn't recommend the IS-5.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Infected posted:

Yeah that's a ripoff. Guess I'm firing my radio guys after all.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
i did it

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

It can't be all D-25T guns right?
Cause an IS with 221 pen or SU-100 at tier 7/6 is kinda :stare:.

But the removal of pref8s is OK in my book, as long as I get to keep my KV-5 and Type59 in their pref8 state.
The AMX CDC actually looks rather interesting even with normal MM. 221 pen on a mobile chassis can't be bad and rather ok for 7500 gold, if it ends up like that.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

yaay posted:

i did it

Did what? I don't know what I'm supposed to see here.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Cardiac posted:

It can't be all D-25T guns right?
Cause an IS with 221 pen or SU-100 at tier 7/6 is kinda :stare:.

But the removal of pref8s is OK in my book, as long as I get to keep my KV-5 and Type59 in their pref8 state.
The AMX CDC actually looks rather interesting even with normal MM. 221 pen on a mobile chassis can't be bad and rather ok for 7500 gold, if it ends up like that.

No, it's just going to get "special" ammo instead to bring it up to 221 pen.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Rorac posted:

Did what? I don't know what I'm supposed to see here.

He's got the lights.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

FTR posted:

Storm states that while the details have to be discussed with map makers, it is a general rule that maps with hills on their edges and with lowered center (“bowls”) do not play well
What, you're saying that maps where the middle area is a deathtrap that can be shot at from most everywhere are less fun? Well I never!

EDIT:

FTR posted:

Waffenträger E-100 will be replaced. Its replacement will not have an autoloader and it will be based on historical project (SS: yes, I know what it is and no, you won’t find it on the internet, it’s a new thing from archives)
Well this oughta be interesting to see.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 22, 2015

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
More napkin tanks :woop:

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

The only downsides I've found with using Battle Assistant--apart from it being useless for high arc pieces like the Bishop and FV304--are that it encourages tunnel vision and adds an extra step when targeting. Moving the camera in BA's perspective view can be clunky, especially if you're aiming over large obstacles like hills as the camera will jump back and forth to maintain a constant distance from the impact point. Hence it makes sense to switch to the top down view when shifting targets by more than 20-30 meters, then switch back to the BA view for precision work. All of which increases the time spent on targeting. This isn't a huge issue for limited traverse arty, where the track bloom gives you plenty of time to mess around with views, but it can prevent you from taking full advantage of the time/bloom savings in wide traverse pieces like the GW Panther.

Unrelated: I did ~2200 damage in my GW Panther last night for an arty mission that needed 2000 damage, but the mission didn't complete. Is damage via spotter halved for the purposes of these missions? Didn't see any mention of it in the briefing.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Considering that the WTE100 is pretty much just WG:s fabrication, a napkin tank will actually be an improvement in that regard.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rex rabidorum vires posted:

A toilet paper tank without an autoloader would be a better option than the idiocy that is the W-100

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Nordick posted:

Considering that the WTE100 is pretty much just WG:s fabrication, a napkin tank will actually be an improvement in that regard.

Yeah, the WTE100 is boring and by far the most video game-y tank in the game. Good riddance.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
All you people that ground up to T10 for a giant autoloading TD? Especially those using a bunch of gold to free XP past the T7? Yeah, get hosed, we're swapping it for something totally different :toot:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Darkrenown posted:

All you people that ground up to T10 for a giant autoloading TD? Especially those using a bunch of gold to free XP past the T7? Yeah, get hosed, we're swapping it for something totally different :toot:

Their own fault for wasting free xp skipping a good tier 7 :colbert:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

NTRabbit posted:

Their own fault for wasting free xp skipping a good tier 7 :colbert:

I don't understand what you're saying without dot matrix printer noises preceding your posts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Southern Dandy posted:

I don't understand what you're saying without dot matrix printer noises preceding your posts.

- .... . / -- ..... ...-- -..-. ..... ..... / .. ... / .- / -... . .- ... - / .. -. / - .... . / .... .- -. -.. ... / --- ..-. / .- / --. . -. - .-.. . -- .- -. / --- ..-. / - .... . / ... --- ..- - .... I thought the Sturer Emil was a perfectly fine TD at tier 7 if you played it like the ISU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Darkrenown posted:

Finally my sloth in grinding pays off!

Also, I've 'called' the removal of pref-MM tanks for a while now. :colbert:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Finally my sloth in grinding pays off!

It's not being removed though is it? Just no new tanks are getting it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Glad I got the FCM when I did. Mainly because it is a monster, but also they might be removing it.

Sadly though I'm at a point where I don't want to play it, I have an eight game win streak in it and I don't want to ruin it :frogc00l:.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

NTRabbit posted:

- .... . / -- ..... ...-- -..-. ..... ..... / .. ... / .- / -... . .- ... - / .. -. / - .... . / .... .- -. -.. ... / --- ..-. / .- / --. . -. - .-.. . -- .- -. / --- ..-. / - .... . / ... --- ..- - .... I thought the Sturer Emil was a perfectly fine TD at tier 7 if you played it like the ISU

Finally it all makes sense!

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Cardiac posted:

So now we know why experienced arty players don't like BA so much. They can no longer be that special snowflake that everyone hates.

Otherwise I agree, brought out my T92 after I installed BA and it was actually enjoyable to play for once. I am grinding through the SU-14-2 at the moment, and it is more enjoyable than I thought much thanks to BA. Now if only my teams of shitters were better, but that is what you get for not platooning.
So to sum it up, BA is great since it makes artillery more fun to play and everyone should just :dealwithit: since arty is not going away.

Ugh, quit being so proud of being poo poo at arty scrub.

rockopete posted:

The only downsides I've found with using Battle Assistant--apart from it being useless for high arc pieces like the Bishop and FV304--are that it encourages tunnel vision and adds an extra step when targeting. Moving the camera in BA's perspective view can be clunky, especially if you're aiming over large obstacles like hills as the camera will jump back and forth to maintain a constant distance from the impact point. Hence it makes sense to switch to the top down view when shifting targets by more than 20-30 meters, then switch back to the BA view for precision work. All of which increases the time spent on targeting. This isn't a huge issue for limited traverse arty, where the track bloom gives you plenty of time to mess around with views, but it can prevent you from taking full advantage of the time/bloom savings in wide traverse pieces like the GW Panther.

Unrelated: I did ~2200 damage in my GW Panther last night for an arty mission that needed 2000 damage, but the mission didn't complete. Is damage via spotter halved for the purposes of these missions? Didn't see any mention of it in the briefing.

It might be one of the bugged missions with incorrect descriptions. I think you need to kill 2 heavies instead.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Infected posted:

HA

HA

HA

loving bullshit.

I mean I will still retrain like 14 radiomans into actually useful crews when it goes on sale, but it's really one of the most blatant cashgrabs they have done in quite some time. Combine that with some obviously retarded game design decisions like the accuracy nerf or the nerf on T10 medium pen (because E100s and IS7s are totally fun to fight and not just a huge PITA), or converting T8 prem into full MM tanks (wonder what they will do to my poor little Spershing), extremely badly designed Individual Missions and only finally understanding that bowl-maps are horrible, and I'm actually starting to wonder if WG actually even knows what it's doing with the game.

Otoh they are loving over WTE100 owners so I could almost forgive them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WitchFetish posted:

I'm actually starting to wonder if WG actually even knows what it's doing with the game.

Only now you are thinking this?

What are our players going to go to a different tank game? gently caress em till they love us.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 22, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'm glad to see the dispersion thing getting fixed some. There are a few t10 tanks that have decent armor if it wasn't for some obnoxious small weakspot that even a jp-100 or brit 183 variants could shove a shot into without question. On the other hand, I'm worried about artillery. In particular the lower tier minimal splash artillery. They are hard to drive as it is due to the 8.4 accuracy adjustment, bloom values, and the faster pace at those tiers. More near misses is going to cause a lot of free-xp to high tier artillery or at a minimum, everyone playing kv-2s for the s-51.

Also, the crew thing makes me extremely excited. I can recycle some of my t10 loaders into commanders with their two skills. IE, I can recycle them into sixth sense wielding commanders when a new branch is released without wanting to stab my eyes out training up such a crew. The loss of a loader to just 100% is really not that noticed. Radio operator too, but I don't think I have many radio operators in my t10 tanks.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

I'm glad to see the dispersion thing getting fixed some. There are a few t10 tanks that have decent armor if it wasn't for some obnoxious small weakspot that even a jp-100 or brit 183 variants could shove a shot into without question. On the other hand, I'm worried about artillery. In particular the lower tier minimal splash artillery. They are hard to drive as it is due to the 8.4 accuracy adjustment, bloom values, and the faster pace at those tiers. More near misses is going to cause a lot of free-xp to high tier artillery or at a minimum, everyone playing kv-2s for the s-51.

Also, the crew thing makes me extremely excited. I can recycle some of my t10 loaders into commanders with their two skills. IE, I can recycle them into sixth sense wielding commanders when a new branch is released without wanting to stab my eyes out training up such a crew. The loss of a loader to just 100% is really not that noticed. Radio operator too, but I don't think I have many radio operators in my t10 tanks.

Don't be glad. This is an arty nerf!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:frogsiren: This botes weekend is going to have carriers! :frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
:getin: I am going straight up the US DD line and torping the poo poo out of every CV I can find.