Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So let me get this straight. They are now releasing Wii games on the eShop, that can be played out of the WiiU menu, but to play Wii discs or your virtual console games you still need to go into Wii mode. The direct made it seem like they were taking that programing wall down to streamline the WiiU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Is it really such a big deal to hit A about three more times? Launching a downloaded Wii game still starts Wii Mode, it just auto-launches the game in addition to that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

These might also be slightly modified too to allow the games to recognize the Gamepad as a controller.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

A new Punch-out on Wii U in the next year or two is pretty much inevitable right? Little Mac is popular in Smash Bros, the Wii version is on eShop and Nintendo own Next Level Games now.
Next Level already outright said they'd love to do another one on the 3DS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So let me get this straight. They are now releasing Wii games on the eShop, that can be played out of the WiiU menu, but to play Wii discs or your virtual console games you still need to go into Wii mode. The direct made it seem like they were taking that programing wall down to streamline the WiiU.

It's not worth the effort, and it'd actually make things more complicated. The Wii Mode's a nice general thing that lets you use your old Wii disc and VC games, and, most importantly; it works 100% on anything Wii-related with no headaches. To get games working through whatever magic they're doing for the Wii eShop releases still needs at least a bugtesting pass.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nolgthorn posted:

I thought maybe it was just difficult to control because he was drawing lines where the screen was, so while the screen was scrolling I guess he wasn't anticipating things. But then when the screen wasn't moving he was having difficulty drawing lines to things.

I'm in the market for a good play through I don't think I'm going to get this one, it looks nice though.

Have you played Canvas Curse? It controls like that. Admittedly, Andre is kinda suckish in that video while he's otherwise pretty pro at Nintendo.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Punch Out is out. Get pumped

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not worth the effort, and it'd actually make things more complicated. The Wii Mode's a nice general thing that lets you use your old Wii disc and VC games, and, most importantly; it works 100% on anything Wii-related with no headaches. To get games working through whatever magic they're doing for the Wii eShop releases still needs at least a bugtesting pass.

And, more importantly, the Wii was hacked inside and out, so it needs to be sandboxed to prevent using it as a springboard to a similar level of Wii U hacking.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Wild Knight posted:

Punch Out is out. Get pumped

Someone see if they change the "join club nintendo" line

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Does Shovel Knight mirror the image on the television on the gamepad? or does it do that thing where I have to push the minus button to bring the image down to the gamepad?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

zfleeman posted:

Does Shovel Knight mirror the image on the television on the gamepad? or does it do that thing where I have to push the minus button to bring the image down to the gamepad?

It's a menu option I believe. The Game Pad normally shows the inventory for quick switching otherwise.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

zfleeman posted:

When you start the game, there's a little white rectangle in the bottom corner of the gamepad. If you touch that rectangle, it mirrors the TV on the gamepad. You can also go into the menu like 8-bit Miniboss said, but it's easier to just touch the rectangle.

Edit: If you don't do the TV mirroring thing, the Gamepad is your inventory (relics and what have you).

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
How essential is quick-switching? Anybody ever use it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

zfleeman posted:

Not essential though I think it's faster then pressing start and selecting a relic.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh gently caress me. i totally forgot to buy galaxy 2 last night. oh well i guess i will wait until the next time it goes on sale (never)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

oh gently caress me. i totally forgot to buy galaxy 2 last night. oh well i guess i will wait until the next time it goes on sale (never)

You had an entire week! :psyduck:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

e: Haha, I forgot about this trailer, Punch Out Wii is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxeyY95HEzs

Sheeeeeeeeit, that commercial has an actor from the Wire in it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

zfleeman posted:

I'd say the one time it would be useful is if you were speed running Shovel Knight and trying to shave off a couple seconds. Otherwise, the pause menu is fine. It doesn't greatly benefit the game like it does in Wind Waker.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You had an entire week! :psyduck:

i dont actually own a wiimote and was kind of hoping the one i bought would get here before the sale ended. then i meant to buy it the last couple days and just forgot

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i blame wind waker and pokemon

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i blame wind waker and pokemon

Wind Waker I'll give you, but *tsk* *tsk* on pokemon.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

e: Haha, I forgot about this trailer, Punch Out Wii is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxeyY95HEzs

How have I never seen that trailer before? That's really good.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
gently caress all of you who dont like punch out

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Awesome! posted:

i dont actually own a wiimote and was kind of hoping the one i bought would get here before the sale ended. then i meant to buy it the last couple days and just forgot

$20 is still a fantastic bargain for a game with a lot of content. While you may have missed the sale, if you are looking for a new platformer to play, then it is definitely worth spending the extra $10 to go through the game now as opposed to whenever it might be on sale again. The game has alot of content, so $20 is still a great deal for the amount you get.

Are there any rumors if Metroid: Zero Mission will be released with the Prime Trilogy next week?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
I've never played Punch Out Wii but I have many fond memories of the NES one and a copy of it on both my Wii U and 3DS so I went ahead and bought it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I wish I could pay $5 or something to back up my own game. Or something. I mean, I have no reason to buy it on the eShop if I have it on the shelf.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Even bayonetta herself forgot about Enzo

My favorite thing about Enzo was that my first thought was that this was the obvious evolution of Harry (Joe Pesci) from Home Alone. He decides he doesn't want to be a wet or sticky bandit anymore, but then just gets his poo poo ruined around Bayo all the time anyway. That and he would constantly try to find ways to get Bayo to kill the kid.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Super Punch Out was the poo poo, blond Little Mac is the better one (please no one post that thing).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Several tunes from Rainbow Curse's sound test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6_IkRmg9s

(Sweet Dedede Theme)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kurtofan posted:

Several tunes from Rainbow Curse's sound test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6_IkRmg9s

(Sweet Dedede Theme)

Even the menus are clay :allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Punchout was my favorite NES fighting game, I remember doing so many hadukens and GET OVER HEREs with Mac

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Cat Machine posted:

It's hard enough to play on a handheld console like the 3DS, do you honestly think it would be playable on a screen where half the action's obscured by your thumbs?

No, I'm playing thread derail bingo.

Help Im Alive posted:

A new Punch-out on Wii U in the next year or two is pretty much inevitable right? Little Mac is popular in Smash Bros, the Wii version is on eShop and Nintendo own Next Level Games now.

Nintendo doesn't own NLG (or Monster Games), they can stop making Nintendo games and go back to making licensed garbage whenever they want, they're just not that stupid.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Because I'm in Europe I don't get Punch Out, I get stupid Donkey Kong Country Returns. I already have Tropical Freeze I wanted Punch Out you bunch of jerks I'll fight you!!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Well let's enjoy Metroid Prime Trilogy next week, together as a planet.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Nolgthorn posted:

Because I'm in Europe I don't get Punch Out, I get stupid Donkey Kong Country Returns. I already have Tropical Freeze I wanted Punch Out you bunch of jerks I'll fight you!!

Its a great game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Supercar Gautier posted:

you fuckers better not let me forget to buy that one too

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nolgthorn posted:

You got the better game though :confused:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Japan's getting Kirby instead of Metroid.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Punch Out was easily one of my favourite games on the Wii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's getting Kirby instead of Metroid.

That is hosed

• Locked thread