Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

quote:

Dear Darkrenown!

Congratulations! You have been granted access to the World of Warships Beta Weekend and become a Closed Beta tester

Woop woop! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

JuffoWup posted:

On the other hand, I'm worried about artillery. In particular the lower tier minimal splash artillery. They are hard to drive as it is due to the 8.4 accuracy adjustment, bloom values, and the faster pace at those tiers. More near misses is going to cause a lot of free-xp to high tier artillery or at a minimum, everyone playing kv-2s for the s-51.

I don't see how this is a problem.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Finally my sloth in grinding pays off!

Also, I've 'called' the removal of pref-MM tanks for a while now. :colbert:

Instead of getting rid of pref-mm tanks, they just need to bring tier 12 battles back. Let all the cholera-poo poo red pubbies who failed their way into tier 10s drive around not shooting each other in tier 12 matches and give the poor bastards grinding normal 8s a break.

So with the news of the WTF getting replaced, I have now ground for the following tanks only to get them severely nerfed or removed before I ever used them-

WTF 100
Foch
Foch 155
FV215b 183

I suffered through some loving terrible tanks to unlock these fuckers :negative:

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
For the botes players out there in beta (I don't know if this is part of the non-disclosure agreement, so feel free to ignore), what is the current meta on the lines right now? Two days of testing is not a whole lot and having a breakdown of what's good and what's bad would be nice.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

OSad posted:

For the botes players out there in beta (I don't know if this is part of the non-disclosure agreement, so feel free to ignore), what is the current meta on the lines right now? Two days of testing is not a whole lot and having a breakdown of what's good and what's bad would be nice.

There's not anything bad.

No seriously even the tier 1 ships are loving blasts to play in higher tier games. There are no objectively bad ships.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Over-performing on missions:

Thought I would miss out on the Radley when a jerk killed the Stug G I had taken down to 40hp, but luckily the T-67 turned up to be murdered :killdozer:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
16% WR in the T25 AT.

That's up 5% from last night.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Strobe posted:

There's not anything bad.

No seriously even the tier 1 ships are loving blasts to play in higher tier games. There are no objectively bad ships.

There are some ships that might count as "bad". One of the tier 2 cruisers has very few advantages over the other, and one or two ships are arguably downgrades from the lower tier. There are no bad tech tree lines though.

Expect about half the population to be in battleships and carriers, probably more battleships than carriers.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Battleship drivers are the wehraboos of botes.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I want my battlecruisers, so that I can explode in glorious balls of flame when a battlebote looks in my general direction.

I forget, are they planning to have separate BB/BC lines? Or are they going to be "fast" and "slow" ships? I seem to see contradictory reports.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I just bounced four shots off a T34 from the side because every single one of them went high on the reticle and struck the turret at a weird angle. :negative:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

James Garfield posted:

There are some ships that might count as "bad". One of the tier 2 cruisers has very few advantages over the other, and one or two ships are arguably downgrades from the lower tier. There are no bad tech tree lines though.

Expect about half the population to be in battleships and carriers, probably more battleships than carriers.

The tier 2 Japanese DD was rough with only 2 center mount tubes and longish reload. Most BB drivers I noticed were bad and you could circle them or laugh as they came through smoke to beach themselves and then eat a full compliment of torps as they try and unbeach. Think the Japanese tier 2 cruiser going into the BB line was really massive and squishy. At the end of the day if you hit your target you will do damage and nearly any ship can contribute to any game. How well and how much comes down to skill, vessel, and pubbies.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

WayAbvPar posted:

Instead of getting rid of pref-mm tanks, they just need to bring tier 12 battles back. Let all the cholera-poo poo red pubbies who failed their way into tier 10s drive around not shooting each other in tier 12 matches and give the poor bastards grinding normal 8s a break.

So with the news of the WTF getting replaced, I have now ground for the following tanks only to get them severely nerfed or removed before I ever used them-

WTF 100
Foch
Foch 155
FV215b 183

I suffered through some loving terrible tanks to unlock these fuckers :negative:

The waffle was loving hilarious to play though when it first came out. Just a goddamn laser cannon that would annihilate all before it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Saint Celestine posted:

The waffle was loving hilarious to play though when it first came out. Just a goddamn laser cannon that would annihilate all before it.

It still can, but people know they NEED to kill it as soon as it pops up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Strobe posted:

I just bounced four shots off a T34 from the side because every single one of them went high on the reticle and struck the turret at a weird angle. :negative:

Aim stupid!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Strobe posted:

I was.

Read stupid!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Strobe posted:

I was.

Read stupid!

Where do you think you are?

Edit:

v Sometimes you just cannot carry hard enough.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 22, 2015

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Strobe posted:

16% WR in the T25 AT.

That's up 5% from last night.

What the gently caress are you doing, it's a pretty good TD. Unless you have like 10 games in it there's no real reason to have a WR that low.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

quote:

Missions & Rewards
Pulling Your Weight

Place in the top 10 XP earners on your team.

Reward: + 30% Credit Increase

Random battles only
Repeatable
Regular vehicles only
Top Contributions

Place in the top 3 XP earners on your team.

Reward:+ 40% Credit Increase (Does stack with prior mission reward, total: + 70% Credit increase)

Random battles only
Repeatable
Regular vehicles only

This seems pretty decent. Wish they included premiums though.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Is it bad that I prefer the 17cm over the 21cm Morser on the GW Tiger? I mean, the Morser is big and has a big splash and it can fire AP and such, but it has a gruesome 48-ish second reload time, along with poop aim time and dispersion, it doesn't go well at all with the small gun traverse on the chassis.

The 17cm at least aims with reasonable speed, and has that okay dispersion of .72. But it feels like it has GW Panther levels of DPM and it can't fire AP and oh I just don't know. Get good with the 21cm or is the 17cm okay?

OSad fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 22, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

OSad posted:

Is it bad that I prefer the 17cm over the 21cm Morser on the GW Tiger? I mean, the Morser is big and has a big splash and it can fire AP and such, but it has a gruesome 48-ish second reload time, along with poop aim time and dispersion, it doesn't go well at all with the small gun traverse on the chassis.

The 17cm at least aims with reasonable speed, and has that okay dispersion of .72. But it feels like it has GW Panther levels of DPM and it can't fire AP and oh I just don't know. Get good with the 21cm or is the 17cm okay?

Get good with the 21. You'll be using that same gun at t10 anyway. Traverse is wider, but not a lot. If you really want to fail the pain of aim time + narrow traverse, try out a 212 when test comes up. Even narrower traverse and a higher bloom. The GW Tiger came out ahead a bit when the arty changes happened. It used to feel terrible with that limiting arc compared to the 212. However, they really took a hammer to the 212 and barely touched the gw tiger.

Edit: also, ap is of no concern for you in that tank. Don't even look at it. The accuracy isn't there for it. The bat 155 58 and 261 are the only artillery that can get away with it. However, setting up a single clip of ap on the bat is silly which leaves the 261. Although, I think the bat's is heat and not ap. Still not worth it. Just fire some gold shells and enjoy the splash radius on that 21cm gun.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 22, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Rorac posted:

What the gently caress are you doing, it's a pretty good TD. Unless you have like 10 games in it there's no real reason to have a WR that low.

It is definitely a pretty good TD. It's still stock, which might have a bit to do with it, but even if I were actively teamkilling the WR shouldn't be that low.

I did just manage to get my first consecutive pair of victories, so the win rate has climbed all the way up to a whopping 25% after 20 battles. And a damage ratio near 1.10 which is decent enough that I can't complain about my contribution while stock.

While on the subject: What's the point of getting the upgraded suspension on this thing? I can mount all the other modules with the stock one, and it doesn't give any extra traverse. Does it help with the bloom or something? I've had a beautiful run of snapshots on this thing that make me feel like whatever benefit they could give would be pretty negligible.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rorac posted:

When I bought my Tiger I, I had 0% WR in first 21 battles. Battle 22 was my first win :smith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Strobe posted:

While on the subject: What's the point of getting the upgraded suspension on this thing? I can mount all the other modules with the stock one, and it doesn't give any extra traverse. Does it help with the bloom or something? I've had a beautiful run of snapshots on this thing that make me feel like whatever benefit they could give would be pretty negligible.

It helps with traverse, I think they also have hidden stats like terrain resistance.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I think I got my first WZ-120 victory in my 10th battle. WN8 keeps going up, win rate keeps flatlining or going down. Am I ready for CHAI yet?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Edit: also, ap is of no concern for you in that tank. Don't even look at it. The accuracy isn't there for it.

21 cm AP is hilarious and you should at minimum carry a few for shotgunning. It can also be very rewarding for stuff like west-side Himmels.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Strobe posted:

It is definitely a pretty good TD. It's still stock, which might have a bit to do with it, but even if I were actively teamkilling the WR shouldn't be that low.

I did just manage to get my first consecutive pair of victories, so the win rate has climbed all the way up to a whopping 25% after 20 battles. And a damage ratio near 1.10 which is decent enough that I can't complain about my contribution while stock.

Yeah, the stock gun is kind of painful, but functional. The middle gun is bullshit though, considering you have to go through that to get the good gun. Anyways...

As for the suspension, it does help the overall mobility of the vehicle and it's acceleration by improving its terrain passibility. I noticed an improvement personally. Considering it's poor view range, being able to get away from trouble faster is handy. The T25 is actually pretty drat fast with a trained crew and fully upgraded.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.
With the waffle, I think the laziest solution for Wargaming is to take out the 128 and 150 auto loaders and give it the 170 gun off the JPE100, turreted with some token amount of armor. WG seems to like reusing the same top gun for nations with two TD lines (British/american), providing some handling changes between lines. The soviets is the exception however, both of them being non-turreted and well armored.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

So any bets on how many patches it'll take before WG takes back the accuracy nerfs and changes the formula again?

The Southern Dandy posted:

Don't be glad. This is an arty nerf!

I want to say that one of the articles on FTR said that Artillery will be left untouched by the nerfs.

Que Goons bitching for the next few pages about Artillery and how unfair it is :downswords:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
2 games with the STA-1 and already ace. I think we're going to get along just fine :v:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Infected posted:

So any bets on how many patches it'll take before WG takes back the accuracy nerfs and changes the formula again?

If it goes live it'll probably stick, the question is if it ever gets off the test server. It wouldn't be the first time they back down on a good change because of pubbie public outcry.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cippalippus posted:

2 games with the STA-1 and already ace. I think we're going to get along just fine :v:

The STA is great. Being just a bit faster than the Pershing makes it harder to play but much more rewarding. Plus, cheaper ammo bills due to having great AP pen!

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Missing Name posted:

I want my battlecruisers, so that I can explode in glorious balls of flame when a battlebote looks in my general direction.

I forget, are they planning to have separate BB/BC lines? Or are they going to be "fast" and "slow" ships? I seem to see contradictory reports.

I believe in last weekends test client that that the BC's where pretty much the high tier cruisers, though its still up in the air since japan did not have a complete cruiser line, but had a complete battle ship line, while US did not have a battleship line but a complete cruiser line.

They maybe still trying to juggle these sub classes of ships around. It will be interesting to see what they do with Germany, Since after the early years of WWII, its navy just seemed to be swimming with U boats...which wont be in the game, and that they never had an aircraft carrier presence

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Stevefin posted:

I believe in last weekends test client that that the BC's where pretty much the high tier cruisers, though its still up in the air since japan did not have a complete cruiser line, but had a complete battle ship line, while US did not have a battleship line but a complete cruiser line.

They maybe still trying to juggle these sub classes of ships around. It will be interesting to see what they do with Germany, Since after the early years of WWII, its navy just seemed to be swimming with U boats...which wont be in the game, and that they never had an aircraft carrier presence

Ummm, the jap tree had a complete cruiser line. The final one looks kind of over powered too. It was a do everything boat. And not just small stuff.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Infected posted:

For the nice price of 600 gold, no silver option.

Hahahahahahahah.

Good timing on dickish announcements(put no more pref 8s in that category, also), not like there's not another tank game about to enter beta made by a studio with a pretty great pedigree.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

Ummm, the jap tree had a complete cruiser line. The final one looks kind of over powered too. It was a do everything boat. And not just small stuff.

I don't think they showed off the entire Japan Cruiser line for the beta testers, as the cruisers where cut off at Tier 4 where everyone else could go to Tier 5, since they had complete lines.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Shoulda checked the tech trees.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Cippalippus posted:

Ever since I got to MT14 mission: kill a heavy tank, one tier higher than you, I've been top tier in all my games. gently caress you Serb, I know it's you.
This happened to me too. We've finally found the secret to never getting T10 games in your T9s!

(for about 5 matches)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Stevefin posted:

I don't think they showed off the entire Japan Cruiser line for the beta testers, as the cruisers where cut off at Tier 4 where everyone else could go to Tier 5, since they had complete lines.

The tech trees were all there. No one in any branch or any nation could go past tier 5 during the weekend. I guess you thought since it stopped at tier 4, it was over for the japs. They had a tier 10, just they didn't have a tier 5 to fill in between. Either they do, or it'll just cost a boatload (heh) of xp to make the leap.

Either way, I can't wait to get back to playing my us porcupine cruiser. That thing was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Cippalippus posted:

I take it you free xp'd past the stock gun.

Stevefin posted:

The Gerry's has a partially built carrier.

So, that money I spent on the 1 WZ111 token expecting it to turn into 2500 gold... Am I out 10$?