Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Un chien andalou posted:

Sounds like you aren't eating the right peaches...

I had a pear, once, but it tasted like sand. I think that might be because I ate the sticker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Un chien andalou posted:

Sounds like you aren't eating the right peaches...

Maybe so, I rarely think to grab them and when I do they're usually the canned type in water rather than syrup, so they're probably super bland in comparison to a real peach.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

One of my mom's favorite summer side dishes:

Peel and dice one large cucumber into large cubes
Add one small tub of sour cream
Pepper to taste

She's from southern Illinois so I dunno if this monstrosity comes from there. My dad eats it with ketchup.

I lived in Marion for a decade and ran into some weird things there but this was definitely not among them

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Centripetal Horse posted:

I had a pear, once, but it tasted like sand. I think that might be because I ate the sticker.

Tastes like sand? Oh, that pear's not ripe, dude. Did you ask for a refund?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Tastes like sand? Oh, that pear's not ripe, dude. Did you ask for a refund?

Gypsy son of a bitch gave you a jack pear.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
You should be okay, I eat stickers all the time, dude. It's Apple skin you have to watch out for, loaded with toxins.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Grilled peaches are pretty great in salad so I can imagine them being not terrible on pizza as long as they were fresh and not canned.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just smoke a cigarette. The smoke will kill the toxins in your stomach.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
EDIT: ^^^^^ What he said

Toriori posted:

You should be okay, I eat stickers all the time, dude. It's Apple skin you have to watch out for, loaded with toxins.

If you smoke a cigarette after eating an apple (skin and all, I mean), the smoke will suffocate the bacteria in your stomach and you'll be fine.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hong Kong pizza

Would.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Tree Goat posted:

Another pic from the old goon low carb thread:

It looks like that's straight out of the fridge, which is why it's gelatinous. Once you heat that up it'll just turn into a liquid again and will be exceptionally tasty. Usually one would skim the fat off the top at that point, but that looks like some good stock.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eeyo posted:

It looks like that's straight out of the fridge, which is why it's gelatinous. Once you heat that up it'll just turn into a liquid again and will be exceptionally tasty. Usually one would skim the fat off the top at that point, but that looks like some good stock.

nah they eatin that poo poo with a spoon

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ErIog posted:

The Japanese put pea soup into a doughnut

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Haggis Pops

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
More to the point, haggis is traditionally wrapped in stomach lining, I'm pretty sure whose are wrapped in tripe...

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

"Get your haggis right here. Chopped heart and lungs boiled in a wee sheep's stomach. Tastes as good as it sounds. Good for what ales you."

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

thespaceinvader posted:

More to the point, haggis is traditionally wrapped in stomach lining, I'm pretty sure whose are wrapped in tripe...

UGH THEY MADE IT WORSE

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

THEY MADE IT WORSE BETTER!!!

FTFY, organ meats and internal stuff is delicious when cooked right.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's where animals pooped out of though.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

nucleicmaxid posted:

FTFY, organ meats and internal stuff is delicious when cooked right.

My ex tried to cook offal once because I had never tried it before and she told me the same thing as you, she also reminisced about how good it was when her late-mother made it back in the Soviet days. I was sceptical but also excited to try something new. So one evening she attempted to prepare it for us even though she could only vaguely remember her mother's method. "I think it's ready!" she said, there was a strange smell in the air, "but I'm not sure i I got it right." she removes the pan lid releasing a mushroom cloud of steam the smell like she had boiled a corpse in sewerage. We both wretched, and decided to eat out.

Pyro Fox
Aug 22, 2013

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

thespaceinvader posted:

The directions call for stomach actually. Not that it makes it any more appetizing to me.
:goonsay:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's where animals pooped out of though.

And it's not like it wasn't cleaned and cooked at high heat...

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

tribbledirigible posted:

"Get your haggis right here. Chopped heart and lungs boiled in a wee sheep's stomach. Tastes as good as it sounds. Good for what ales you."

There was an episode of Mail Call where R Lee Ermey was talking about food. He talked about surviving in hostile environments, and living off the land. He picked up like a bunch of grass with a big fat ant on it, and popped it in his mouth. Then, he sits down in front of a big plate of haggis, describes what it is, looks down at it, and say, "I don't think so," and gets up to walk away.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

beato posted:

My ex tried to cook offal once because I had never tried it before and she told me the same thing as you, she also reminisced about how good it was when her late-mother made it back in the Soviet days. I was sceptical but also excited to try something new. So one evening she attempted to prepare it for us even though she could only vaguely remember her mother's method. "I think it's ready!" she said, there was a strange smell in the air, "but I'm not sure i I got it right." she removes the pan lid releasing a mushroom cloud of steam the smell like she had boiled a corpse in sewerage. We both wretched, and decided to eat out.

This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopa_de_mondongo

Smells like literal poo poo when is being cooked. Once is done it's a delicious dish.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

beato posted:

I don't know if she did it, but apparently that stuff needs to soak in milk for several hours in order to get the poo poo smell out.

Eating that stuff kind of reminds me of my sister's graduation, we went to some stupid tapas restaurant to celebrate and everyone had the idea that we get 3 dishes each and can share or whatever. Well I'm a prick and don't like sharing, so I got the 3 things on the menu that sounded the worst: Sweetbreads, tripe, and blood sausage. I knew how they tasted because I've eaten them before and knew it tasted just fine, but no one else at my table had.

So someone finally mans up and tries each of my dishes, and what do you know, out of everything that everyone got, my 3 dishes tasted the best and my plan backfired when I ran out of my own food and had to eat lovely olives or whatever.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Dim Sum tripe is dericious.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I found out that "sweetbread" isn't, like, toast with honey on it, or something like that, after ordering some at a fancy restaurant. English Language :argh:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Desperado Bones posted:

This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopa_de_mondongo

Smells like literal poo poo when is being cooked. Once is done it's a delicious dish.

Yep that's it or at least a Latin American version. Her mother was Belorussian so it's more likely one of the Eastern European variants on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe_soups

It looks real nice, I just wish she hadn't gotten cold feet from the smell and chucked it out, I'm guessing she either blocked out the old memory of the smell or her mother used to prepare it while she was at school and not while she was around to smell it cooking.

im pooping! posted:

I don't know if she did it, but apparently that stuff needs to soak in milk for several hours in order to get the poo poo smell out.

It had been soaking in something I assume it was milk the contents of the pan just looked like white guts.

Throatwarbler posted:

I found out that "sweetbread" isn't, like, toast with honey on it, or something like that, after ordering some at a fancy restaurant. English Language :argh:

For a long time I used to think sweetbreads was the fancy name for cow brains.

beato has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Jan 24, 2015

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm sure tripe is great but I really don't like the idea of biting through a big balloon of it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I'm sure tripe is great but I really don't like the idea of biting through a big balloon of it.

Much like brain it's a texture thing for me. I've had some delicious tasting tripe and brain, but I just don't like it.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rice?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

According to the original post it's "Japanese egg fried rice with chicken and vegetables". I just don't get why'd you take a photo of your frozen dinner in your dirty-rear end microwave with the wrapper still on it instead of waiting til it's cooked and looks at least slightly like real food.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cyberia posted:

According to the original post it's "Japanese egg fried rice with chicken and vegetables". I just don't get why'd you take a photo of your frozen dinner in your dirty-rear end microwave with the wrapper still on it instead of waiting til it's cooked and looks at least slightly like real food.

When all is said and done, there's literally no difference between the two.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

God is dead, we have killed him

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh come on it's not that bad, how bad could meat and meat and sauce possibly loo-

Saints preserve us.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

CHICK'n CHEESE
See what you have wrought, goons.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
more like YUCK! brands.

yes KFC I want to die of a heart attack before I turn 25 why do you ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

How Rude posted:

more like YUCK! brands.

yes KFC I want to die of a heart attack before I turn 25 why do you ask

When I worked as an on-site technician repairing fast food restaurants' POS computer systems (from the registers all the way back to the lines and monitors that displayed what you ordered to the line cooks in the back) I noticed a very distinct level of cleanliness between restaurant brands. Taco Bell has these big stainless steel structures that hold all their taco making things, with a roof and CRT monitors that sat atop them to show what needed to be made and how. That roof where those monitors sit was never, ever ever cleaned in the hundreds of different locations I went to in Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois. Always a sick clingly grease dust that sat above all the tacos they would make, drifting down into everyone's food. Taco Bell was always the absolute most disgusting across the board and without fail, didn't matter if it was a corporate location or a franchise. I will never eat at a Taco Bell ever again because of that job. They were always the ones to offer me free food too :v: KFC was gross too, but Taco Bell stands out. Anyway, what I am trying to say is that Yum Brand restaurants will always be disgusting pockets of sadness based on working in so many of them. You can imagine what the combination restaurants were like.

On the other side McDonald's were always very clean. The corporate stores were absolutely spotless, even in the areas where nobody else besides me would go and see. Their food still sucks, but McDonald's seemed to actually care about things more than Yum Brands did.

• Locked thread