Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Also e everyone is turning into politically correct fuckboyz. If I can't call some moron a retard I don't wanna live here.

Wait, California's over PC bullshit is moving eastward? drat. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I think people just want to be self-righteous in other people's faces and then feel good about claiming the moral high ground in whatever argument they were having.

I also have this theory that anybody claiming anybody else has a kind of xxxx-privilege as their argument is merely straw-manning. While I accept that there are such things as 'white privilege,' 'male privilege' and 'hetero privilege,' every time I've seen it actually used has been accusing somebody else of it and entirely dismissing their argument because of it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah I run into that all the time. The only insult I worked out of my vocabulary is "human being" because one of my closest friends came out and I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

Plus kastein gets really angry.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Faggots are loving delicious.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CornHolio posted:

I think people just want to be self-righteous in other people's faces and then feel good about claiming the moral high ground in whatever argument they were having.

It's easier to look at other people and point a finger instead of taking a look in the mirror.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I don't get my panties in a bunch. Seems to be way to much of that yah knobs.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Somebody help me, I'm pricing Challenger R/Ts and I can't stop myself.

I suddenly want one. I never knew they were only $30k with the V8 and the manual transmission.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
If you can't adequately insult someone without resorting to slurs then you are kind of dumb imo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CornHolio posted:

I suddenly want one. I never knew they were only $30k with the V8 and the manual transmission.

Everyone has one. Don't do it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

Everyone has one. Don't do it.

They look so good though. So good.

There aren't very many here in the midwest, I think the RWD scares them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CornHolio posted:

They look so good though. So good.

There aren't very many here in the midwest, I think the RWD scares them.

:shrug: Tried to help. You're doomed now.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Mr Brain's pork faggots are a thing of beauty

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

CornHolio posted:

Instead of wasting your money on that slow, underpowered piece of poo poo (I mean it doesn't even have four hundred horsepower), go build a shitton more vans and buy a Hellcat.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah I run into that all the time. The only insult I worked out of my vocabulary is "human being" because one of my closest friends came out and I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

Plus kastein gets really angry.

I get a lot more angry about racist poo poo than I do about stuff like that. Really, really, really not a fan of racism.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This week has blown so hard. Wife gets a flat on Sunday, then the same day I walk by a shelf at work and my car key got stuck in it, snapping it in half (lol GM build quality, thank god for some reason I had my spare in my car), then yesterday I hit a pothole the size of Rhode Island and had a huge gash on the sidewall. It was snowing like crazy to boot and about 14F outside and I had no jack or fourway, so I had to have my dad come with the tools so I could get the spare on. I just got that replaced (it was a month old tire).

Now I'm sitting in the Secretary of State office waiting for three hours to transfer my title out of my dads name and into mine since we have the same name and whoever did the paperwork apparently got confused when me and my dad walked in when I first bought the car.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

MrChips posted:

Instead of wasting your money on that slow, underpowered piece of poo poo (I mean it doesn't even have four hundred horsepower), go build a shitton more vans and buy a Hellcat.

I love that the Hellcat exists, but I enjoy living so I think I wouldn't want to buy one of those.

I think I just might want to give Chrysler a ton of money as a thank you for making that, actually. Maybe that's my secret desire.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

true talk here. i think chrysler is a piece of poo poo but if i was spending 65k on a car, it would probably be a hellcat charger.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

We were discussing electric cars at work today and my boss flat out refused to believe the tesla prices and specs until I showed him the website, where I found out the specs are better than I thought, There's a 690bhp awd version :catstare:

As a comparison he specced up an m5, holy poo poo we hit £100k easily, I had no idea they were that expensive.

Neither of us are in the market for either but the car configurator game can be depressing and fun at the same time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would think that the Hellcat is heavy enough that even though it has so much power, it's relatively controllable vs something like a Viper or Carrera GT

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cakefool posted:

We were discussing electric cars at work today and my boss flat out refused to believe the tesla prices and specs until I showed him the website, where I found out the specs are better than I thought, There's a 690bhp awd version :catstare:

As a comparison he specced up an m5, holy poo poo we hit £100k easily, I had no idea they were that expensive.

Neither of us are in the market for either but the car configurator game can be depressing and fun at the same time.

Show him the drag race videos, the Tesla S just set a record drag time.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CornHolio posted:

Why do that when you could buy my 928 for much much less? It has a V8 and a DOGLEG manual transmission.

Guilt tripped my coworker into going in Saturday for maintenance since I was covering for him when I got called in last weekend. If I'm productive and don't run into problems I'm going to run into problems I should be able to finish the E21 this weekend. All parts/tools/fluids/etc should be here tomorrow afternoon and the weather is going to be poo poo so I should be able to lock myself in the garage.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Tusen Takk posted:

I would think that the Hellcat is heavy enough that even though it has so much power, it's relatively controllable vs something like a Viper or Carrera GT

Funny enough the Jalopnik review out today stated it scared the hell out of him.
http://jalopnik.com/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-the-jalopnik-review-1680544167

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

rscott posted:

If you can't adequately insult someone without resorting to slurs then you are kind of dumb imo

I see what you did there. :colbert:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Preoptopus posted:

Funny enough the Jalopnik review out today stated it scared the hell out of him.
http://jalopnik.com/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-the-jalopnik-review-1680544167

I read that and that's about when I started looking at how cheap the regular V8 Challengers were. :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I have the flu! Who wants sommmmmmeeeee

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

cursedshitbox posted:

I have the flu! Who wants sommmmmmeeeee

Excellent post immediately after PM'ing me a USPS tracking number...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Contents: 1 monkey and a teach yourself Dustin Hoffman's accent in four easy lessons audiobook.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Pham Nuwen posted:

He never said he was a GOOD Santa.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

Don't lick the box.

E: seriously just feels like a mild cold...

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Set it on fire then collect whatever is left standing.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

keykey posted:

Set it on fire then collect whatever is left standing.

some things are fireproof, but there are one or two items in that box that arent...and shouldn't be torched.

E: if I knew it was the flu, I wouldnt have sent the boxes. :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm sure the flu virus is fragile enough that your average USPS package loader will have scraped it off by the time it makes it to you.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

cursedshitbox posted:

some things are fireproof, but there are one or two items in that box that arent...and shouldn't be torched.

The box says "England's finest inside" in the picture so I'm assuming it may just catch on fire by itself.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

cursedshitbox posted:

The good news is that the flu virus can't make it longer than 8 hours on hard surfaces so it should be fine by the time it get to him.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Holdbrooks posted:

The good news is that the flu virus can't make it longer than 8 hours on hard surfaces so it should be fine by the time it get to him.

Good to know.

Pham Nuwen posted:

The box says "England's finest inside" in the picture so I'm assuming it may just catch on fire by itself.

Yeah its mega british. If the box starts leaking I would not be surprsided.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

Your assuming there isn't something soft, warm and squishy inside the box.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

cursedshitbox posted:

Awesome! We (wifey and I) are flying to Sf this weekend to get a place there though. we're planning to move feb 15th.

Saw a sweet, unmolested 1969 J10 on the IE craigslist earlier for like 1700 and immediately thought of you.

Also a Disco for 1900 that simply said "engine stopped running. Don't feel like dealing with it . Come get it"

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

We're not supposed to call people "retarded" now because it is also offensive.

We're gonna run out of usable insults the way things are going.

gently caress that noise, that really is SJW gone too far and besides, if I'm calling someone a retard you better drat well believe I want it to be offensive.

They used to call Down's Syndrome kids mongoloids here - Not sure if that was the case elsewhere. TBH I haven't heard that used as an insult or as a descriptor for I don't know how long...... Over 30 years I think?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cat Terrist posted:

gently caress that noise, that really is SJW gone too far and besides, if I'm calling someone a retard you better drat well believe I want it to be offensive.

They used to call Down's Syndrome kids mongoloids here - Not sure if that was the case elsewhere. TBH I haven't heard that used as an insult or as a descriptor for I don't know how long...... Over 30 years I think?

My mother works in home-care for the mentally handicapped. She helps them keep the house organized, takes them shopping, makes sure they are living a decent quality of life and all that.

My mother is a professional Tard-Wrangler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Knock off the 00 and $19 sounds pretty good.

He might have forgotten the decimal too. My future wife made a comment about how she would like her own discovery after I'm done painting the jaguar.

I don't know if she loves me or hates me :3:

• Locked thread