Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dayvan Cowboy posted:

The New England Patriots are under scrutiny because somebody associated with the team underinflated the footballs by a couple PSI during the AFC Championship game.
Yeah, whenever a political cartoon shows a political figure doing something especially weird that you cannot place, or something especially weird you cannot place is shown in a political context, it's always a case of "two things happened".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

"A sports thing happened, but mainly Obama is bad." Got it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gilganixon posted:

Agreed. She's also moderately well known, spends a lot of time touring around and selling books and has a world-wide audience which makes her far more influential than most of the other cartoonists in this thread.

Her views are generally pretty correct but her solutions are insane. I know she believes environmental destruction is morally wrong and likely to kill most life on the planet but I wish she wouldn't push killing nearly all humans as the best and most obvious solution. She's dead right whenever she draws about corporations though and I'm fond of her caricature of Obama.

McMillan and Rall seem to know one another too, I wonder if her relative success upsets Rall in any way.

Which views are pretty correct of her main views? We should let people on life support die because they use energy? Urban life is inherently evil? Self sustenance farming is the only moral way to live? GMO panic?

Oh right, her vague umbrella view of 'the environment is probably good'.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Post 9-11 User posted:

Abortion kills Chris Christie caricatures?
okay, I hate this poo poo as much as any of you, but seriously, have none of you ever seen a fat baby?

rolosaavedra
Aug 15, 2014
Some stuff by Chile-based cuban cartoonist Alen Lauzán:

Reaction to CH shooting:

Caption: "Changes in Guantanamo"

Translation: Frame 2 "Enough with the Zionist occupation of palestinian territory! Enough!"
Frame 4: "Ha!, so now they want land? Entitled shits, they probably want it just to sell it!"
Context: The people in frame 3 are Mapuches, the largest native american group in Chile (roughly 4% of the population, though If you count those that identify as mapuche but don't speak Mapudungu, it's slightly more), who recently have started demanding the return of lands taken from them.

"Imperialist Gentlemen, we don't fear you at a- hmmm mmmm"

I accidentally posted this as a thread in the general DnD sub-forum and don't know how to delete it. Is a ban imminent?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Why is he eating chocolate pudding?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SOME GIZMO

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

T-man posted:

Why is he eating chocolate pudding?

IT'S poo poo

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Which views are pretty correct of her main views? We should let people on life support die because they use energy? Urban life is inherently evil? Self sustenance farming is the only moral way to live? GMO panic?

Oh right, her vague umbrella view of 'the environment is probably good'.

Corporations are inherently bad for everyone other than shareholders because they maximise profits at the cost of the environment and human welfare, urban life is inherently destructive to the environment and recycling isn't enough to make up for it, maybe polluters should actually be held to account for environmental damages, for instance. The wingnut stuff is a product of her radical environmentalist ideas, which can be pretty out there but are at least consistent.

I mean it's not all good stuff but if vaguely good feelings about the environment is all you get from McMillan I'm not sure what to tell you.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also, she's actually been arrested for her protests, so unlike Rall she at least walks the walk and sticks her neck out there.

But I'm pretty sure she supports ecoterrorism so yeah.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Gilganixon posted:

Corporations are inherently bad for everyone other than shareholders because they maximise profits at the cost of the environment and human welfare, urban life is inherently destructive to the environment and recycling isn't enough to make up for it, maybe polluters should actually be held to account for environmental damages, for instance. The wingnut stuff is a product of her radical environmentalist ideas, which can be pretty out there but are at least consistent.

I mean it's not all good stuff but if vaguely good feelings about the environment is all you get from McMillan I'm not sure what to tell you.

She also has some pretty disgusting opinions about disabled people, but that's sadly common with extremist environmentalists.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

rolosaavedra posted:

Translation: Frame 2 "Enough with the Zionist occupation of palestinian territory! Enough!"
Frame 4: "Ha!, so now they want land? Entitled shits, they probably want it just to sell it!"
Context: The people in frame 3 are Mapuches, the largest native american group in Chile (roughly 4% of the population, though If you count those that identify as mapuche but don't speak Mapudungu, it's slightly more), who recently have started demanding the return of lands taken from them.

Isn't the mapuche language one of those bastard languages that has dual pronouns? I hate them just for that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Gilganixon posted:

She's not concern trolling, I guarantee she is genuinely upset about those birds (or earthworms or whatever in the case of solar panels)

It's concern trolling until she's also done cartoons about cats, trees, windows and the 20 other things that kill a thousand times as many birds. :colbert:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I'm still completely baffled by Holbrook. I think the weirdest part is that the fandom found him, rather than the other way around. He actually created K&K before he knew what a furry was. For some reason he thought a setting that even some furries consider pretty hosed up would make a great lighthearted gag-strip. :psyduck:

It is a webcomic, yes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Crossposting from Batman's Shameful Secret, because goddamn

In case you didn't know Bill Holbrook's Kevin & Kell, count your blessings. It's the most hosed up tribute ever. (the bones on the left belonged to sentient animals, btw. but it's okay she's one of the good carnivores!)

Didn't your mother ever teach you to spoiler that poo poo? :stare:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rorus Raz posted:

Also, she's actually been arrested for her protests, so unlike Rall she at least walks the walk and sticks her neck out there.

But I'm pretty sure she supports ecoterrorism so yeah.

Her wonky "most everyone else needs to die" dark green politics aside, this is also the same woman who lets mosquitoes feed off her rather than swat them, and eats rat-chewed fallen fruit. She's a massive flake with delusions of being a revolutionary thinker.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Afraid of Audio posted:

It is a webcomic, yes.
Tell that to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. :unsmigghh:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Small Frozen Thing posted:

She also has some pretty disgusting opinions about disabled people, but that's sadly common with extremist environmentalists.

I've noticed that. I think they have to scramble for some justification for their opposition to most of the things that make life for disabled people possible so they often go with the "these people are scum" approach. It's pretty vile stuff.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Gilganixon posted:

I've noticed that. I think they have to scramble for some justification for their opposition to most of the things that make life for disabled people possible so they often go with the "these people are scum" approach. It's pretty vile stuff.

I've never seen that. I've known some radical eco-whatevers in my time, but they were never, like, explicitly anti-disabled. They just sort of trailed off when anyone brings up how people who aren't able bodied are going to live in our pseudoagrarian wonderland

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

rolosaavedra posted:

"Imperialist Gentlemen, we don't fear you at a- hmmm mmmm"

Why is Uncle Sam blond instead of the usual white?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah come to think of it, is there any evidence that Rall has ever actually participated in protests like OWS or the recent ones about Eric Garner, rather than just pay lip service to them? The guy lives in New York City, there's ample opportunity for him to actually get involved.

e: lol

@TedRall posted:

If someone bought me this watch, I would draw them a 12-panel comic with them as the star.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-191...=item3f44e09a45
HELL OF A DEAL THERE TED

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 23, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

okay, I hate this poo poo as much as any of you, but seriously, have none of you ever seen a fat baby?

The joke is that so many bad cartoonists draw Christie as a fat baby. You're welcome.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Nenonen posted:

To be honest I absolutely miss Stephanie McMillan, she's one of those so goddamn crazy people that aren't just faking it for money but is consistently insane and her art style is both interesting and hilariously stupid most of the time. It's also a guilty pleasure because on principle I agree with her views but the conclusions she makes and the way she expresses them alienates me.

Of all the artists no longer with us in this thread, I miss her the most. The bad art, the insane views, she was perfect. Just perfect. I shall pick a mango off the ground, half-eaten by rats, and eat it in her memory.

colonel_korn posted:

Yeah come to think of it, is there any evidence that Rall has ever actually participated in protests like OWS or the recent ones about Eric Garner, rather than just pay lip service to them? The guy lives in New York City, there's ample opportunity for him to actually get involved.

e: lol

HELL OF A DEAL THERE TED

I am literally lolling out loud. Didn't dinner with him go for like $15? How the hell does he think that someone would spend a thousand dollars on a watch to give him in exchange for the scribbles that he churns out?

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 23, 2015

mortal
Oct 12, 2012
I know we hate Rall, but he might be being facetious.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

rolosaavedra posted:

I accidentally posted this as a thread in the general DnD sub-forum and don't know how to delete it. Is a ban imminent?

D&D isn't a sub-forum and don't worry about it dude.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I don't understand this but it's the best politoon I've ever seen.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the leader debates – The BBC and ITV are expected to expand their TV leader debates plan to include the Green party, the Scottish National party and Plaid Cymru" The puppet is Nicola Sturgeon, SNP leader and current Scottish First Minister.

Telegraph:

New Scottish Parliament powers plan published Referring to this front page, published during the recent independence referendum.

Independent:

ECB unveils massive QE boost for eurozone

Yesterday's Times:

After Chas Addams.

Yesterday's Mail:

'Don't hurry him. He's just making it safe.'

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Is it just me or is Ramirez phoning it in lately?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...Heh.

Hahaha.

AhahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :unsmigghh:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

rolosaavedra posted:

Reaction to CH shooting:

Toughest Mahjongg tileset ever!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gilganixon posted:

Is it just me or is Ramirez phoning it in lately?

Are you kidding? Lamp-Biden is one of the most surreal things this thread has seen in a long while.

But yeah, holy hell this is a boring comic. "Here is my position on the issue. Thank you for reading." Not even an attempt at a punchline.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I know it's a bit late, but gently caress this comic. I was put up for adoption before I was born. This was after Roe v Wade. You know why? Because Roe v Wade guarantees a woman's CHOICE of whether she wants an abortion or to give birth and put the child up for adoption. And it's because of Roe v Wade that my biological mother was able to make that choice instead of being forced into it. Adoption can help lower abortion rates without banning abortion, the real solution is to fix the societal problems that make abortion an attractive option, like lack of financial support single mothers, while leaving it open as an option for those who still need it anyways. I'm sick and loving tired of anti-choice shitwads trying to co-opt me as propaganda.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Boehner's line is some pretty awkward shoehorned-in "humor," the political statement is pretty generic "man is bad" without any real bite to it, and the art is as bad as always but I like the Biden gag :shrug:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Is Nixon the Speaker of the House?

Would anybody recognize that caricature if it weren't a. In Context b. Presumably colored orange in the final version?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Boehner's line is some pretty awkward shoehorned-in "humor," the political statement is pretty generic "man is bad" without any real bite to it, and the art is as bad as always but I like the Biden gag :shrug:

Yeah, I actually laughed at that one.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Yeah well the Jerk Store called, THEY'RE RUNNING OUTTA YOU!!!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wow, that Biden is the best caricature Ramirez has ever drawn.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Without the color Ramirez's cartoons look so much worse than they normally do. Just look at those teleprompters, the desk is refracted but the people's suits are not. And why is Boehner's face part Geoduck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

loquacius posted:

I'm sure Obama can give Ramirez some pointers about setting up a good burn.

• Locked thread