Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's getting Kirby instead of Metroid.

Those savages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Austrian mook posted:

That is hosed

Not entirely, Metroid is not as highly regarded in Japan as it is in the Western territories.

Edit: Particularly the Prime series in general.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 23, 2015

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Japan is so lucky

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'd rather have Kirby tbh since I already own all three Primes and I prefer the GC controls of Prime & Echoes to Corruption's controls. And have been wanting Kirby's Adventure Wii for quite some time.

I ended up buying Galaxy 2 for some reason. This better have been worth it. Once I actually get around to playing it since I have Smash and Hyrule Warriors and Gat out of Hell and

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What's with Nintendo's lack of quality control on their e-shop. Shovelware was one thing, but the indie-trash is really out of control.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

noirstronaut posted:

I wish I could pay $5 or something to back up my own game. Or something. I mean, I have no reason to buy it on the eShop if I have it on the shelf.

Someone posted that the trade in value of SMG2 at GameStop was more than the digital copy's price. So you can do that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ikanreed posted:

What's with Nintendo's lack of quality control on their e-shop. Shovelware was one thing, but the indie-trash is really out of control.

this might work in the other console threads but wii u gamers are better than that

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not entirely, Metroid is not as highly regarded in Japan as it is in the Western territories.

Edit: Particularly the Prime series in general.

Two bombs weren't enough

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ikanreed posted:

PLEASE DO NOT HATE ON MEME RUN IN THIS THREAD

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do we know what Metroid Prime Trilogy is doing for the friendcode token unlocks?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ikanreed posted:

Short answer: amateur devs can really easily release games on Wii U eShop because it's reasonably cheap and they support a bunch of beginner middleware programs like Construct 2, and they can keep doing it because it's really easy to cultivate a stable audience by just responding to people on Miiverse all the time.

It's no worse that most of the crap you find on Greenlight or XBLIG or whatever, but on those platforms they either segregate that stuff so you can't find it without already knowing where it is, or there's just so much crap released every day that you're quickly inured to it, but Wii U gives equal prominence to everything and there are only a small number of games released each week, so the garbage is impossible to avoid.

Austrian mook posted:

That is hosed

Japan didn't get the Trilogy, MP1/2 Wii were released as standalone games over there.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Nolgthorn posted:

Because I'm in Europe I don't get Punch Out, I get stupid Donkey Kong Country Returns. I already have Tropical Freeze I wanted Punch Out you bunch of jerks I'll fight you!!

Yeah this. DKCR was great, but Tropical Freeze is better in every way. I would have certainly dropped $10 (or $13 AUD) on Punch Out though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

noirstronaut posted:

I wish I could pay $5 or something to back up my own game. Or something. I mean, I have no reason to buy it on the eShop if I have it on the shelf.

Am I the only person in this thread that installed Wiiflow on my console or something?

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 23, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bruceski posted:

Do we know what Metroid Prime Trilogy is doing for the friendcode token unlocks?

Almost certainly nothing

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
When does Gone Home come out for this bad boy?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Those lucky bastards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Almost certainly nothing

They might do something for it. Supposedly the Wii version of Mega Man Battle Network 2 did something to get around the inaccessible unlocks.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Don't worry about friend code token unlocks, you can literally download a save file with zero progress but has enough tokens to unlock everything from gameFAQs, with easy instructions on how to install it on your SD card.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

ImpAtom posted:

They might do something for it. Supposedly the Wii version of Mega Man Battle Network 2 did something to get around the inaccessible unlocks.

They did, in fact. They gave them all to you at the start, allowing you to deal like 3000 damage!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They being Capcom.

Though that temps me to buy it. I like network 2 but want gonna replay it, if they give the chips to you at the start that would considerably speed things up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If the eStore version of Trilogy has new bumper stickers, I'll probably be obligated to buy it again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bruceski posted:

If the eStore version of Trilogy has new bumper stickers, I'll probably be obligated to buy it again.

If it's somehow able to access the normal Wii storage, those should all still be fine.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Can Bayonetta 2 (and 1 I guess) be launched and played without the Gamepad?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The only Metroid game I've played in my life is the original NES one (and I suck) and the only FPS-ish but not really game I've played is Portal. Would it be a waste of $10 to buy the Metroid Prime trilogy when it is released?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

greatn posted:

Don't worry about friend code token unlocks, you can literally download a save file with zero progress but has enough tokens to unlock everything from gameFAQs, with easy instructions on how to install it on your SD card.

I thought the Trilogy version got rid of the FC Token unlocks and replaced them with something less horrid?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

hopeandjoy posted:

Would it be a waste of $10 to buy the Metroid Prime trilogy when it is released?

That is the best use of $10 you will ever make.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

The only Metroid game I've played in my life is the original NES one (and I suck) and the only FPS-ish but not really game I've played is Portal. Would it be a waste of $10 to buy the Metroid Prime trilogy when it is released?

Any one of the Prime games would probably be considered a good deal for ten bucks, and you get three. Unless your reason for not playing FPS games is motion sickness or hating them with the heat of a thousand suns or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I thought the Trilogy version got rid of the FC Token unlocks and replaced them with something less horrid?

Nope.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The Prime series is not a good series. But I'm still going to spend 10 dollars for all 3 of them. :colbert:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The Prime series is not a good series. But I'm still going to spend 10 dollars for all 3 of them. :colbert:

Probably the best summary of that game's first week.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The Prime series is not a good series.

gently caress you.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait to play the Primes again. I've played all three about halfway through or more, but never beat them when I was younger, even though I own all of them still

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

gently caress you.

Sorry if my opinion irks you. It's not what I wanted out of a Metroid game. Here's another unpopular opinion, I liked Other M more. :c00lbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sorry if my opinion irks you. It's not what I wanted out of a Metroid game. Here's another unpopular opinion, I liked Other M more. :c00lbert:

Im going to have to insist you stop posting. Or else.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

Im going to have to insist you stop posting. Or else.

Retro did more for DKC than Metroid for me.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
He's bluffing

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The Prime series is not a good series.

What I'm seeing here is a man with a deathwish and I'm a motherfucking genie, bitch.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Agreed, actually

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

This is correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Retro are good devs, Nintendo has good devs, no one else has as good of devs as nintendo. Wii U owns.

• Locked thread