Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

born on a buy you posted:

why not just buy 4x sets for far chepaer

Because...

:shrug: I try not to argue with some of the people at my store because I usually get overshadowed by the Court of Popular Opinion. Even when I'm correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

fun printing error in fate reforged boxes. ever pack has a fetch in the land slot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHme5z2uGQc

Is there a chance of this dropping the prices for fetchlands?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

superstepa posted:

Unless every single Fate Reforged box does it, absolutely not.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

superstepa posted:

They're a 3-4 of in 4 formats.

Not at all.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Also I wouldn't call it an error. It's clearly a marketing thing like the god packs from last block. An easy way to hype up sales a bit and I approve.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

You've got to be loving kidding me.

I ordered two alt art Ugins from some guy on ebay. He packaged the poo poo out of them, two sleeves in a hard case taped to a piece of cardboard, except he didn't tape over the hard case or put the sleeves in upside down so both loving cards shifted and the tops got stuck to the tape and now the tops have a decent amount of edge wear from the tape. How do you gently caress that up.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

You've got to be loving kidding me.

I ordered two alt art Ugins from some guy on ebay. He packaged the poo poo out of them, two sleeves in a hard case taped to a piece of cardboard, except he didn't tape over the hard case or put the sleeves in upside down so both loving cards shifted and the tops got stuck to the tape and now the tops have a decent amount of edge wear from the tape. How do you gently caress that up.

Literally every single person but one I've ever ordered anything from has done this if they've used tape. In all of eBay and TCGPlayer, there is exactly one person who packs their cards properly in a way that they won't get damaged. I've mostly avoided damage to my cards, but man is it infuriating.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

fun printing error in fate reforged boxes. ever pack has a fetch in the land slot
Kinda cool to see my FLGS being posted here.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

drat, I might have to hit up a release draft and try my luck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

C-Euro posted:

drat, I might have to hit up a release draft and try my luck.

working as intended

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Well I'm glad I managed to win a pre-order box of FRF at FNM last week.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

gently caress.
And I was trying to not buy a box until I got a better job. :argh:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I have a box on pre-order so hopefully things look up!

Or I just open a box and it's business as usual. Either or works fine.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Hopefully, the misprint run is true for other languages. The box I preordered is a Russian box. :pray:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

muon posted:

Kinda cool to see my FLGS being posted here.

Same, hi5. IIRC they also had a weird prerelease situation where an overwhelming majority of the Jeskai packs had Soulfires or something? The amazing discovery was a loving genie lamp in an AC duct, I guess.

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM

suicidesteve posted:

Literally every single person but one I've ever ordered anything from has done this if they've used tape. In all of eBay and TCGPlayer, there is exactly one person who packs their cards properly in a way that they won't get damaged. I've mostly avoided damage to my cards, but man is it infuriating.

I really don't understand how so many people do it wrong. Whenever I ship something it's, at minimum, in a sleeve and a top loader, with the sleeve opening towards the bottom. If the card shifts then it's only touching the sleeve.

It's not like there's a lack of guides on how to ship cards online either.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

DarkRider09 posted:

I really don't understand how so many people do it wrong. Whenever I ship something it's, at minimum, in a sleeve and a top loader, with the sleeve opening towards the bottom. If the card shifts then it's only touching the sleeve.

I would think it would be common sense, but no. I've gotten cards packed in such a way that only by the grace of god did they arrive undamaged. One guy on TCGP sent my cards in a penny sleeve taped to a single top loader sized piece of cardboard cut from a 12 pack container of coke cans. I gave him a poo poo review and he offered a 15% discount of his site in recompense, but when I went to check his site out the registration had expired some 2 months previous.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
I'm proud to say that I've gotten compliments on my shipment packaging on my tcgplayer store. I'm a Sleeve, in a hard case. Tape a penny sleeve over the slot in the hard case. Tape the whole thing to an invoice. Fold and tape the invoice. Stuff into a bubble mailer, seal. Bubble mailer into a USPS prepaid shipping envelope, seal.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

DarkRider09 posted:

A friend of mine had some rear end in a top hat on Deckbox ship him a bunch of stuff for an Elspeth in a top-loader placed in the flimsiest manila tissue-paper excuse for an envelope I've ever seen. Somewhere in the USPS sorting system, the hard plastic top-loader sliced its way through the edge and my buddy received an empty envelope with a four-inch gash along one side. Deckbox naturally sides with the shipper because he has a tracking number.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yawgmoth posted:

I would think it would be common sense, but no. I've gotten cards packed in such a way that only by the grace of god did they arrive undamaged. One guy on TCGP sent my cards in a penny sleeve taped to a single top loader sized piece of cardboard cut from a 12 pack container of coke cans. I gave him a poo poo review and he offered a 15% discount of his site in recompense, but when I went to check his site out the registration had expired some 2 months previous.

I had one seller just tape basic lands and worthless commons around the card. That was fun to unpack and hope I didn't damage the actual card (the card wasn't sleeved). I imagine if I were to ship any remotely valuable card it would be double sleeved prior to going into a toploader and so on.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

why not just buy 4x sets for far chepaer

Please tell me where I can buy 4x playsets of entire sets for cheaper than 4 booster boxes.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

kirtar posted:

I had one seller just tape basic lands and worthless commons around the card. That was fun to unpack and hope I didn't damage the actual card (the card wasn't sleeved). I imagine if I were to ship any remotely valuable card it would be double sleeved prior to going into a toploader and so on.

What? So you opened the envelope and out fell a misshapen pancake of draft leavings and tape? :ughh:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Failboattootoot posted:

Please tell me where I can buy 4x playsets of entire sets for cheaper than 4 booster boxes.

A box costs 90-95. A complete set of Khans, for example on ebay is about 145. It is more yes, but you will 100% guaranteed get 4x of every card where as in 4 boxes you'll end up with a million commons you don't need, 1/2 a million uncommons, duplicates of bad rares, etc. If you want to draft or you are just addicted to cracking packs, go for it. If you want to get the most value out of your money, just buy factory sealed sets if you want 4x everything, or just buy the specific singles you need for whatever deck you are building.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

jassi007 posted:

A box costs 90-95. A complete set of Khans, for example on ebay is about 145. It is more yes, but you will 100% guaranteed get 4x of every card where as in 4 boxes you'll end up with a million commons you don't need, 1/2 a million uncommons, duplicates of bad rares, etc. If you want to draft or you are just addicted to cracking packs, go for it. If you want to get the most value out of your money, just buy factory sealed sets if you want 4x everything, or just buy the specific singles you need for whatever deck you are building.

Also you can get the entire set on modo for $79.93. Add redemption fee and shipping and tax and stuff we're talking $110. I'm sure with cube draft ending and 2 ktk packs per draft that will drop a good 15-20% too. But still, why would you want to pay for garbage like empty the pits. Even at the best rate you're spending extra money.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Daarken just posted a cropped image of Saarkan he just painted, if you guys are interested in sneak-peeks of art that will almost certainly be in DTK.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Daarken just posted a cropped image of Saarkan he just painted, if you guys are interested in sneak-peeks of art that will almost certainly be in DTK.

That was on dailymtg, I believe

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

i can't unsee how the one arm looks tiny compared to the other. Lil t-rex arm.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
He killed a ugin again. Good job Sarkhan.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I don't recall seeing mention of this, but foil versions of the Siege cards have this cool holographic watermark that switches between the KTK and DTK set symbol. Pretty rad!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I don't recall seeing mention of this, but foil versions of the Siege cards have this cool holographic watermark that switches between the KTK and DTK set symbol. Pretty rad!

That's really, really cool.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I had planned to just get the cycle. Now I need them in Foil. :swoon:

Still debating about getting Promo Dragons and Khans though. On second thought gently caress that noise they bottom out at like $15. Maybe I'll get regular Foils once people have opened more of the set.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

That's extremely sick

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

redstormpopcorn posted:

A friend of mine had some rear end in a top hat on Deckbox ship him a bunch of stuff for an Elspeth in a top-loader placed in the flimsiest manila tissue-paper excuse for an envelope I've ever seen. Somewhere in the USPS sorting system, the hard plastic top-loader sliced its way through the edge and my buddy received an empty envelope with a four-inch gash along one side. Deckbox naturally sides with the shipper because he has a tracking number.

What, this dude? archived bad trader thread

Part of why they ruled against him is that J accused the 'rear end in a top hat' of lying, sending an empty envelope pre-torn, and J cancelled the trade immediately, and didn't even try to file a bad trader report or work with him. He also agreed to simulsend and then sat on his end until he got the other guy's cards.

They both kinda look like assholes, to me. Other dude for packaging the way he did, your buddy for being a dick when he received it.

I'm the guy that corrected the other dude about a tracking number.

Sorry your friend's a douche.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think the sieges fail at weaving story telling into cards. If they didn't explicitly spell out the sides it'd be hard to tell which most modes represented or that they were supposed to at all. Citadel and Frontier Siege -- what a weird/bad(?) card -- are probably the most successful in that regard. And FS achieves this by having "flying matters" on a green card.

Also Citadel Siege is going to be straight miserable to play against in limited.

(Crux of Fate does the dual foil watermark thing, as well)

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

Also Citadel Siege is going to be straight miserable to play against in limited.

I ran into it twice at prerelease and it definitely sucks to see it hit the table. Both sides of it are good in limited. It was bad enough that I felt compelled to board in naturalize just for it. The black one that drains every turn is pretty good too, passive every-turn effects on enchantments are always good in limited.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The red and black ones can be pretty interesting into some game states on both ends, and the green one is super deck dependent.

But I played eight games with citadel siege over the course of the PR weekend and it was just super miserable. Really don't like the design space of super hard to deal with limited bombs that rapidly escalate into a foregone conclusion.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Im not terribly familiar with the current meta but I noticed my store's buylist has crux of fate for a few dollars. This looks like sort of a mediocre board wipe thats slightly better than Extinguish All Hope. Am I missing something? (I probably am)

I figured it would be a dollar rare but its several dollars?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

kizudarake posted:

What, this dude? archived bad trader thread
Part of why they ruled against him is that J accused the 'rear end in a top hat' of lying, sending an empty envelope pre-torn, and J cancelled the trade immediately, and didn't even try to file a bad trader report or work with him. He also agreed to simulsend and then sat on his end until he got the other guy's cards.
They both kinda look like assholes, to me. Other dude for packaging the way he did, your buddy for being a dick when he received it.
I'm the guy that corrected the other dude about a tracking number.
Sorry your friend's a douche.

Yeah, he's apparently kinda bad about jumping to conclusions and (lookin' at the dates) made that whole post before we reeled him in like "whoa hey dude, that looks a lot more like a postal problem caused by lovely packaging, not sabotage from the outset" but I guess by that point it had already been shuffled to the new dispute system. He's mailing the guy an Elspeth he pulled two days later with a printed copy of deckbox's shipping guidelines, sooooo :shrug:

ANYWAY I think Crux of Fate's target market might lean more towards the casual/EDH crowd who fully intend to slot it in next to Crucible of Fire and Kolagahn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Revitalized posted:

Im not terribly familiar with the current meta but I noticed my store's buylist has crux of fate for a few dollars. This looks like sort of a mediocre board wipe thats slightly better than Extinguish All Hope. Am I missing something? (I probably am)

I figured it would be a dollar rare but its several dollars?

U/B control players want it. Only other wraths right now are a 5 mana white one and an artifact that requires 9 mana over 2 turns. There's also enough midrange decks around that a 5 mana wrath isn't as bad as it could be.

• Locked thread