Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I made a thing. I was going to be for one of those T-Shirt sites contest for a parody poster...but eh. I dunno. I've since changed my mind on stuff like that, so I probably won't enter it. But I wanted to finish it anyway.

Got mad lazy with the billing block. I DON'T GIVE A gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CelticPredator posted:

I made a thing. I was going to be for one of those T-Shirt sites contest for a parody poster...but eh. I dunno. I've since changed my mind on stuff like that, so I probably won't enter it. But I wanted to finish it anyway.

This is awesome. Summer is pretty much Emma Stone too

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I like this, minus the unaligned Smith last names :argh:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I followed the poster template of shorter words spread out farther.
http://pixel.nymag.com/content/dam/daily/vulture/2014/09/25/birdman-click.jpg

But thanks all!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

moths posted:

I watched that video, the way you become pregnant in the mod is to kill and loot a pregnant woman, then wear her armor.

People need to stop getting their sex ed from Martyrs.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CelticPredator posted:

I followed the poster template of shorter words spread out farther.
http://pixel.nymag.com/content/dam/daily/vulture/2014/09/25/birdman-click.jpg

But thanks all!

Some one, some where will always have a suggestion to do something better, even when you parodied the movie poster to the tee, don't sweat it. Also submit more of your stuff, I'm not sure that would work on a shirt, but it would be a swanky poster!

edit: I realize I'm part of the suggestion problem, such is life

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ah but see, I love suggestions. And it is misaligned, so I do have to fix it.

But if I submit it, I'll be actually part of the parody shirt/poster problem. Unless I give like, half of my pay to Justin or something? Can I do that? Has anyone done that?

http://blog.riptapparel.com/blog/the-riptcademy-awards-movie-parody-poster-sale-15-posters-for-2-weeks/#.VKRbmyd22hg

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

CelticPredator posted:

Ah but see, I love suggestions. And it is misaligned, so I do have to fix it.

But if I submit it, I'll be actually part of the parody shirt/poster problem. Unless I give like, half of my pay to Justin or something? Can I do that? Has anyone done that?

http://blog.riptapparel.com/blog/the-riptcademy-awards-movie-parody-poster-sale-15-posters-for-2-weeks/#.VKRbmyd22hg

It's just using justified alignment. Just set that for a text box with that stuff and use that as a template if you aren't just using a text box as-is. Something is going on with the font sizes though I think, like they're not uniform and I think it is in the original...maybe. All of this is pretty nitpicky though and the poster already looks pretty great in my opinion.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
erm didnt you get a C&D from the R&M people last time you made a shirt? Best you can do is submmit to their facebook since they post people's fanart all the time

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nah. I didn't get anything. I just didn't want to do it because it essentially is marking off someone else's property. But I sent it to Justin and it blew the gently caress up on the Twitter. Which is fine for me. :D
That being said, I'm going to enter a poster, just probably not that one.

And yeah, Brightman, I'll do a little bit of work on it and I'll post the fullsize one if anyone wants to print it out or something. But I appreciate it!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Wait, didn't they do that whole "Submit your artwork for us, design for us, contests are not crappy for artist, yes we are stating that and mocking it while still asking you to do" so they should be fine with it going the other way and artists selling etsy junk

I dunno who made that CAN DO shirt, but that was a million times better than any of the licensed crap from adult swim so far. Can't starve a fan from fandom without expecting them to fill that merchandising gap on their own. I keep trying to make Rick and Morty action figures on my own, but clay isn't my friend.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I know what you mean about the clay. I tried that when I was younger to make Zim figures. They were pretty awful. I would like for fun to try my had at Rick and Morty clay stuff. Probably won't be very successful, but it might be fun to do on a lazy weekend afternoon.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I got pretty far on my Rick before I got disgusted and threw him away. Baby steps!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

AxeManiac posted:

I got pretty far on my Rick before I got disgusted and threw him away. Baby legs!

Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

So when we see the movie about a guy eating poo poo, why is the poo poo all purple and not at all poo poo looking, like, whose poo poo looks anything like that? Does anyone have a guess why they made the poo poo like that? Do you think it might have been because the network wouldn't allow them to make the poo poo look anything like poo poo due to censorship or something like that? If that's the case it's kind of silly, but maybe the odd purple looking poo poo was more funny? Either way it provoked some profound thoughts from me. Rixty Minutes is the best episode what with ants in my eyes and gazropazorp-loving-FIELD BITCH, but that poo poo in the movie about a guy eating poo poo looked nothing like poo poo, we had to simply believe it because he called it poo poo. I wonder why they did... I wonder why that is.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Danzel Glovington posted:

So when we see the movie about a guy eating poo poo, why is the poo poo all purple and not at all poo poo looking, like, whose poo poo looks anything like that? Does anyone have a guess why they made the poo poo like that? Do you think it might have been because the network wouldn't allow them to make the poo poo look anything like poo poo due to censorship or something like that? If that's the case it's kind of silly, but maybe the odd purple looking poo poo was more funny? Either way it provoked some profound thoughts from me. Rixty Minutes is the best episode what with ants in my eyes and gazropazorp-loving-FIELD BITCH, but that poo poo in the movie about a guy eating poo poo looked nothing like poo poo, we had to simply believe it because he called it poo poo. I wonder why they did... I wonder why that is.

I see you're not a fan of red wine.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I think advertisers are supposed to still be squeamish about tv shows calling fecal matter "poo poo," but they don't mind "poo poo" when it's referring to something in general, like "this poo poo is hot!" or when it's used as an exclamation: "poo poo! They're firing at us!"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Piss Kingpin posted:

I think advertisers are supposed to still be squeamish about tv shows calling fecal matter "poo poo," but they don't mind "poo poo" when it's referring to something in general, like "this poo poo is hot!" or when it's used as an exclamation: "poo poo! They're firing at us!"

That's retarded.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I thought poo poo looked brown. Maybe your TV's color is off a little. I've watched my R&M DVD and on TVs and it looked brown both times.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Danzel Glovington posted:

I guess because if it looked remotely realistic it could very well induce actual vomiting in the viewing audience? I, for one, am glad it didn't.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Pander posted:

That's retarded.

My man!

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Slow down!

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
Hmm... Human music. I like it.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Sinestro posted:

Slow down!

You don't know me.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
When will humanity finally get over its fear of eating fecal matter? Ugh.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/22/rick-and-morty-comic-book-preview-revealed/

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Trying to decide when Rick pauses or stutters is kind of slowing down my flow of hearing it in my head.

Hope it doesn't turn out like the Simpsons comic, b plots not fit for the show with recycled gags.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

Trying to decide when Rick pauses or stutters is kind of slowing down my flow of hearing it in my head.

Hope it doesn't turn out like the Simpsons comic, b plots not fit for the show with recycled gags.
That sounds like a you problem. After 3 panels I was feeling the right cadence and it sounded just right in my head

Can't believe the first post is already "hope it doesn't suck"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

KoRMaK posted:

That sounds like a you problem. After 3 panels I was feeling the right cadence and it sounded just right in my head

Can't believe the first post is already "hope it doesn't suck"

It's not like there's a huge precedent for successful comic adaptations of TV shows. Adventure Time, anything else?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
"I'm completely aware of how legal it is" is an incredibly Rick line, I am down.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_2_(comic_book)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Morty's reaction to "Don't even trip dawg" being the same as the reader's (or at least mine) is exactly the kind of hyper-self-awareness that makes the show so great.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hazo posted:

Morty's reaction to "Don't even trip dawg" being the same as the reader's (or at least mine) is exactly the kind of hyper-self-awareness that makes the show so great.
Yea, they are already dissecting themselves. It's on target

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

KoRMaK posted:

Probably why I said I and me so much, but yeah, I'd rather have more cartoons and less non cartoons. The existence of a comic book won't really take anything from the show I guess, so whatever feels good man. Not like I won't check it out, the Futurama comic was sometimes not terrible. But historically, comic books of cartoons just feel like "unwanted episodes" to me.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

Probably why I said I and me so much, but yeah, I'd rather have more cartoons and less non cartoons. The existence of a comic book won't really take anything from the show I guess, so whatever feels good man. Not like I won't check it out, the Futurama comic was sometimes not terrible. But historically, comic books of cartoons just feel like "unwanted episodes" to me.

I feel ya, but I think harmon and crew got it together to do it right. And I think there is a lot more stories for rick and morty than they can produce actual episodes for. So, to me its a net gain on more rick and morty.

Don't even sweat it dawg!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Cloks posted:

It's not like there's a huge precedent for successful comic adaptations of TV shows. Adventure Time, anything else?

Steven Universe and Bob's Burgers both have ongoings right now. Bee and Puppycat does too if that counts as a TV show.

But they're all sort of riding off the success of the Adventure Time comic and all its spin-offs. Match the show's art style and find writers who understand the general tone of the comedy and you're most of the way there. If you're a diehard fan of a series they're pretty fun side stories.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm going to buy the poo poo out of them, of course. Those first pages totally get the show's tone.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Ror posted:

Bee and Puppycat does too if that counts as a TV show.

God I hope not.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh, there's more pages here http://shelf-life.ew.com/2015/01/21/rick-and-morty-comic-preview/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Hazo posted:

Is there a reference here that I'm missing? Why would a reader react that way to that line?

• Locked thread