Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I'm pretty sure we already know that Joseph is exactly the sort of person who won't practice his Ripple stuff without someone making him, especially after he just sent the King Of All Vampires into space via volcanic eruption. This was when he was in peak condition; now he's an old man with a really rusty parlor trick. At least that's how I read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The real loss is that we haven't had more "Next you're going to say..." moments. Obviously Joseph's not the Arc Protagonist, but still, it was a great mindgame, which is what half the stand battles so far have been.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

tlarn posted:

I'm pretty sure we already know that Joseph is exactly the sort of person who won't practice his Ripple stuff without someone making him, especially after he just sent the King Of All Vampires into space via volcanic eruption. This was when he was in peak condition; now he's an old man with a really rusty parlor trick. At least that's how I read it.

Exactly.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Imagine if Battle Tendency Joseph had Hermit Purple. Remote viewing + an infinite supply of purple thorned rope, he'd be unstoppable!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Davinci posted:

Imagine if Battle Tendency Joseph had Hermit Purple. Remote viewing + an infinite supply of purple thorned rope, he'd be unstoppable!

Invisible thorned rope, too

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I hope Joesph wraps up a bunch hermit purple into a giant spiky wrecking ball and smashes anyone who said he should have trained his ripple more

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

E: also it could heal people for about two seconds in Phantom Blood and then never again.
How do you think the crusaders recover from their horrible injuries between episodes :colbert:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Irony Be My Shield posted:

How do you think the crusaders recover from their horrible injuries between episodes :colbert:

The healing power of polnareff's fine french cooking, obvs

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
edit:There was an image here that was maybe tenuously connected to a spoiler, apparently, so I'm just removing it before someone forgets which thread they're in and posts a panel.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 23, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

e: image was moved to spoiler thread for safety.

uh, ignore the quote down there ↓

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 23, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

Remind me, the art that scene that's a parody of is Death Note, right?

Nope. jojo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

*removed all of this in case of spoilers*

Condiv fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 23, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's finally friday.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You guys are really bad at this.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I figure he must do some basic maintenance with it though, looking so studly after all those years.
That just comes from being a male character in JJBA.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/558628980203352064

There's something special at the end of todays episode. Not sure if it'll be on Crunchyroll or not though.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/558628980203352064

There's something special at the end of todays episode. Not sure if it'll be on Crunchyroll or not though.

Eyes of Heaven announcement maybe?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Part Four announcement? Please?

More realistically, I expect another post credit scene like last week, I thought that was a good teaser.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I hope it's another post credit scene. Next week's Stand is one of my favorites. :dance:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Did Crunchy censor the comic book?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do you need to bring this up every week?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crunchy doesn't do poo poo. Any censorship you find is how it aired.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Do you need to bring this up every week?

Are you trapped in Bites the Dust? Because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also holy crap that ED is amazing.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Crunchy doesn't do poo poo. Any censorship you find is how it aired.

Well, I mean, the subtitle stuff is them, isn't it? Last episode they were clearly saying "Oingo" and "Boingo" on the audio track.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Might wanna check what thread you're in Kaiser Mazoku.

Well, I mean, the subtitle stuff is them, isn't it? Last episode they were clearly saying "Oingo" and "Boingo" on the audio track.

Yeah, Crunchyroll provides the subs, they've renamed the duo to Zenyatta and Mondatta to match Viz's translation.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The comic book itself was censored too, so that had to have been David.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That's what you care about after this amazing ed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Are you trapped in Bites the Dust? Because I have no idea what you're talking about.

I mistook what you were talking about then my bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was the best episode of the entire anime so far right there.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

I mistook what you were talking about then my bad.

No hard feelings.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
This episode did a lot more for me than the chapters in the manga did. The ED definitely helped a lot, too.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This episode did a lot more for me than the chapters in the manga did. The ED definitely helped a lot, too.

I like how that kid's rear end in a top hat stand is constantly withholding, like, extremely important info from them :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's not loving censorship, though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

deadly_pudding posted:

I like how that kid's rear end in a top hat stand is constantly withholding, like, extremely important info from them :allears:

Yeah, Thoth is a total dickwad of a Stand. He claims that it can only see so far into the future, but I like to think it does it on purpose.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

Aurain posted:

That was the best episode of any anime so far right there.

Fixed it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

That's not loving censorship, though.

It's basically the same thing as changing the book to say "Brothers Adventure" instead of Oingo Boingo, which was the original thing being talked about?

I honestly can't read this episode as anything except Joseph knowing it wasn't Jotaro the whole time. I mean, he went from being paranoid about being poisoned to "oh well you dress and act nothing like Jotaro, probably not an enemy stand." They've already encountered an enemy stand that pretended to be Kakyouin, after all. Everything he does is consistent with that, too, they're just loving with this poor idiot who's clearly screwed, and then when they see the person in the same clothes he's like "oh I guess it was this guy"

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

That ED made my peepee get hard.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOjrfCdhD_I

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

It's basically the same thing as changing the book to say "Brothers Adventure" instead of Oingo Boingo, which was the original thing being talked about?

I honestly can't read this episode as anything except Joseph knowing it wasn't Jotaro the whole time. I mean, he went from being paranoid about being poisoned to "oh well you dress and act nothing like Jotaro, probably not an enemy stand." They've already encountered an enemy stand that pretended to be Kakyouin, after all. Everything he does is consistent with that, too, they're just loving with this poor idiot who's clearly screwed, and then when they see the person in the same clothes he's like "oh I guess it was this guy"

Not to mention that his shirt clearly has "Khnum 6" on it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Araki make this the permanent ending theme, TIA.

• Locked thread