Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Oh nice... I never did the system transfer from my Wii to my Wii U, but I had a Punch-Out!! save on it from when I rented the game way back when. I was able to transfer it over to the Wii U thankfully to pick it back up.

-Copy the save to the SD card in the Wii
-Load Punch-Out!! on the WIi U for the first time
-Exit the game, go back to WIi mode on the Wii U
-Delete the Punch-Out!! save file it just created
-Copy over the Punch-Out!! save file from the SD card.
-Exit back to Wii U menu and relaunch Punch-Out!!

Kind of complicated, but it worked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sorry if my opinion irks you. It's not what I wanted out of a Metroid game. Here's another unpopular opinion, I liked Other M more. :c00lbert:

You're a sick man and should seek professional help.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're a sick man and should seek professional help.

Dr. Mario is my physician. He throws pills at me and that pretty much fixes my problems.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sorry if my opinion irks you. It's not what I wanted out of a Metroid game. Here's another unpopular opinion, I liked Other M more. :c00lbert:

I fear I must now destroy you, with Akuma's ultimate attacks and special moves.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PJOmega posted:

Can Bayonetta 2 (and 1 I guess) be launched and played without the Gamepad?

Yes, with a Pro Controller.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Austrian mook posted:

PLEASE DO NOT HATE ON MEME RUN IN THIS THREAD

nope, gonna do that, eat a dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK5CXY6gpP4&t=70s

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
When did Drake start doing Let's Play videos

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Astro7x posted:

-Load Punch-Out!! on the WIi U for the first time
-Exit the game, go back to WIi mode on the Wii U
-Delete the Punch-Out!! save file it just created

Were these steps necessary? It seems like you could streamline the process and just copy the old save over.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Man I can't wait for Splatoon

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

Were these steps necessary? It seems like you could streamline the process and just copy the old save over.

if i remember right (because its really dumb) you can't copy the save over until the game itself makes a save folder. the only way it does that is by making its own save. load the game, save folder gets made, delete the save it made, then add your backed up save.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dieting Hippo posted:

if i remember right (because its really dumb) you can't copy the save over until the game itself makes a save folder. the only way it does that is by making its own save. load the game, save folder gets made, delete the save it made, then add your backed up save.

Yup... thats why I wrote it out in case somebody was looking to save some time.

I assume that you have to follow the same steps for Metroid Prime Trilogy, since some people were concerned about the whole friend vouchers thing. There are some saves out there that have the vouchers already earned so you can still unlock your Mii Bobble Head in the ship and all that other bonus content.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

noirstronaut posted:

When did Drake start doing Let's Play videos

That dude looks absolutely nothing like Drake.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

gonna make goon run and sell it for $10, its gonna be :iamafag: stairs base

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Stan Taylor posted:

That dude looks absolutely nothing like Drake.

he looks a lot like drake actually

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Man the ice dungeon in minish cap is a slog. It's not even that bad except the stupid lily pad, it was just so freaking long! I didn't think it would ever end!

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

mabels big day posted:

Man I can't wait for Splatoon

:agreed:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Retro did more for DKC than Metroid for me.

Well that's not an opinion. That's an unquestionable fact of life. However, you should probably reconsider your opinion of Other M.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

noirstronaut posted:

he looks a lot like drake actually

by that you mean, he looks about as handicapped as Drake?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

Well that's not an opinion. That's an unquestionable fact of life. However, you should probably reconsider your opinion of Other M.

Literally will never happen. Team Ninja did nothing wrong.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
:psyduck: Other M isn't even good from a gameplay perspective

fun fact: the only change hard mode makes is removing all the collectables. This locks you out of the secret post-game sequence

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You have vapor for brains

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Seriously, how much brain damage do you need to make any aspect of Other M seem good

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Seriously, how much brain damage do you need to make any aspect of Other M seem good

By remembering it's a video game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Some of the finishers and overblasts were cool the first time you saw then.

I got nothing other than that.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

8-bit Miniboss posted:

By remembering it's a video game.

It's a bad video game.

e: Like completely divorced from how embarrassingly bad the story/writing is, it's a bad loving game. The level design is almost entirely just a straight line with "oh if you look in this corner there's a hole with a missile in it". You're literally locked out of exploring the map until after the loving credits roll (there was a glitch associated with trying to do so during the main story that broke your save even!). The combat is totally braindead, all you have to do is mash out dodges and you never get hit. If you ever somehow run low on health/missiles you just point the remote up and recharge them. The only thing Other M has going for it is that it looks pretty and its version of the Ridley theme is nice. The game is a failure on almost every single level.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 23, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Other M destroyed the metroid franchise and ruined Samus as a character. Like even if you thought the gameplay was good or something there's no way you could like the game as a whole unless you do not like metroid and enjoy the fact that other m killed it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Other M and SSB have been the one-two punch of re-establishing Samus' most prominent characteristics as "sexy and has PTSD".

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

things I liked in Other M:
Samus was fast, powerful, and stylish
I liked how the camera followed Samus and transitioned between rooms, one of the few things that made it feel like a Metroid game

That's about it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PJOmega posted:

Can Bayonetta 2 (and 1 I guess) be launched and played without the Gamepad?

Yup, the pro controller works on the wii u main menu. Might need to pressX first to bring the menu up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Other M destroyed the metroid franchise and ruined Samus as a character. Like even if you thought the gameplay was good or something there's no way you could like the game as a whole unless you do not like metroid and enjoy the fact that other m killed it.

I concede the story was long winded and wholly unnecessary and really soap opera-y, I didn't care much for Fusion's story either. Super Metroid had the right idea. Here's an quick intro, a raison d'etre anddddddd GO. That was it. When I said Team Ninja did nothing wrong, I meant it. You want to poo poo on the story, you can blame Sakamoto, the co-creator of the Metroid series.

Prime 1 was OK, but 2 and 3, I barely had any interest in and overall I didn't care much for the playstyle of the Prime series. Not my preference at all.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That was it. When I said Team Ninja did nothing wrong, I meant it.

They made a bad action game!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

absolutely anything posted:

Nah, 8-Bit Miniboss is actually right on this one. Sakamoto's to blame for forcing all the awful choices for story and gameplay on Team Ninja. He's why the only control option is the Wiimote.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

And I think it was adequate and unique for a Metroid game. Crazy how opinions work eh? :v:

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

8-bit Miniboss posted:

And I think it was adequate and unique for a Metroid game. Crazy how opinions work eh? :v:

Yes, in that yours... does not.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They did their best after getting hired to make a 3D action game, and then the director said he really needed the game to exclusively play with the sideways Wiimote.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Motto posted:

They did their best after getting hired to make a 3D action game, and then the director said he really needed the game to exclusively play with the sideways Wiimote.

No, it's a piece of poo poo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ruddha posted:

Yes, in that yours... does not.

I tried, but I'm not trying to convince anyone. I already said it was an unpopular opinion. :unsmith:

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I tried, but I'm not trying to convince anyone. I already said it was an unpopular opinion. :unsmith:

That would be because it is a deeply and unforgivably bad opinion to have, even at the circus.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If you don't care about music spoilers (is that a thing) please listen to Rainbow Curse's credits theme. It's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ruddha posted:

That would be because it is a deeply and unforgivably bad opinion to have, even at the circus.

And it's mine to bear. :tipshat:

I'm just going to play Punch-Out now.

• Locked thread