Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I just got my Planetside 2 Closed Beta code. The last time I got into something somewhat exclusive relatively early was WoW in like April 04 so I'm guessing they're doing a big blast of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Infamous First Light is surprisingly fun, much like Second Son. The latter is my first of only two platinum'd games and I may just platinum FL too even though it's more of a grind.

Based on my usual preferences I shouldn't like these games but there's something soothing about their complete lack of challenge and flashy visuals, like I can just turn my brain off and enjoy.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm way late to the party, but I love Sleeping Dogs and would love a sequel if Square Enix would get their asses in gear. Having said that, holy poo poo is this game buggy. I randomly hear gunfire during missions even when no guns are around and this continues after the mission is finished so I have to close the game and restart it, the enemy pop in is atrocious, and stuff like people's heads disappearing into walls isn't something that should be happening this gen. Also you can't replay Death by a Thousand Cuts or the Shaolin Showdown in the Definitive Edition version.

Other than those complaints, I really love the game itself and finishing the story was a fun romp. I'm trying to grind out the last of the Triad XP, find all the boxes and shrines that I didn't find, and go for the platinum trophy before I play the DLC.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sleeping Dogs is getting a sequel: Triad Wars.

It's apparently going to be GTA Online but in Hong Kong, so uh who knows how that's gonna turn out.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Policenaut posted:

It's apparently going to be GTA Online but in Hong Kong, so uh who knows how that's gonna turn out.

That sounds really disappointing. Sleeping Dogs is an interesting IP. I'd hate to see it flop due to a poor online multiplayer launch. When is it expected to come out?

Edit: Supposedly coming out early this year and will be PC only. What the hell, Squeenix?!

Morby fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 23, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

edit: Yeah that really is unfortunate.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
is the RE remake just the gamecube version updated a bit?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BoonyPC posted:

is the RE remake just the gamecube version updated a bit?

More or less, they did do rebuild of some rooms with polygons for light to cast correctly. Plus widescreen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morby posted:

That sounds really disappointing. Sleeping Dogs is an interesting IP. I'd hate to see it flop due to a poor online multiplayer launch. When is it expected to come out?

Edit: Supposedly coming out early this year and will be PC only. What the hell, Squeenix?!

Well, poo poo. Anything Online-Only is pretty much a studio-killer. Either it'll drown in debt, bleed itself dry on maintenance costs (hardware, network costs, etc), or it'll last long enough to see the studio lose all it's best people to better jobs.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I forgot how cool GTAV is, there are a lot of little touches. There's an early mission where you're shooting from the passenger seat where the driver is controlled by AI-- you can actually complete the mission without shooting anyone, if you do it gets commented on in the post-mission dialogue

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I think the craziest thing about Triad Wars is that if it is the recycled asset microtransaction DLC free2play hell it looks like it is it should've been out the door in like 6-12 months. I mean Sleeping Dogs wasn't a massive hit but it had a nice bit of word of mouth going on and it'll be 3 years since its release when Triad Wars launches. Like what the hell have you been doing?

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Yo I just bought Fez on the PS4, and it's acting really glitchy.

Like my guy keeps landing on platforms that aren't there and grabbing onto ivy 2 feet under where it should be. Anyone else have the game with these problems?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Policenaut posted:

Morby posted:

Way to waste an IP I guess. Although online Sleeping Dogs racing would be fun. That was the one non-Mario Kart game where I actually liked racing, because I could smack other cars and not lose any speed for it and every car was pretty easy to smash into a loving bus or bike stand or noodle shop and I can cackle my way to the finish line. Doing that online would be fun.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
Has anyone had issues charging controllers or the gold headset while in rest mode? Lately it seems like if I don't have it plugged in before I enter rest mode nothing charges.

Is the setting I've missed or should I be worried?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

citizenlowell posted:

Has anyone had issues charging controllers or the gold headset while in rest mode? Lately it seems like if I don't have it plugged in before I enter rest mode nothing charges.

Is the setting I've missed or should I be worried?

There is a setting for controlling power to the usb ports during rest mode. Migtht want to check it

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I think they just announced that it would be a new IP with a bunch of different vehicles, including wingsuits. If its a non-open world burnout-type game, I will be excited. But I kinda doubt it.

I just imagined a Crash Mode with a Wingsuit, and I'm pretty sure that thought entertained me more than that new game will.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Watched Giantbomb's video for the PC version of H1Z1 and man alive, it looks like loving garbage.
I'm convinced that SOE looked at DayZ and figured that the Quake 2 style graphics were the reason for its success. There's surely no other reason for H1Z1 to look so remarkably bad.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I beat Dragon Age and now have no more games to play on PS4, so I checked out Playstation Now and stayed up all night playing Tokyo Jungle, a bleak game where you play a Pommeraian trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world by killing and eating other animals. You also have to mate before you die of old age. You also get toxic poisoning and can die from that.

This game is oddly compelling and reminds me of a remake of EVO on the SNES. I never heard of it before, so good on Playstation Now! Hope they get more strange titles up there.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Did Sony deliberately time their 10% discount so it was only valid after the January sale? I was toying with the idea of getting Nidhogg & Oddworld, but I guess I'll hold fire. Both are ripe for a PS Plus outing anyway I suppose.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Leyburn posted:

Did Sony deliberately time their 10% discount so it was only valid after the January sale? I was toying with the idea of getting Nidhogg & Oddworld, but I guess I'll hold fire. Both are ripe for a PS Plus outing anyway I suppose.

Yeah, it's really sad. There's absolutely nothing I'd weant to buy right now, since I've already got most from the sales. The only thing I kinda want is LittleBigPlanet 3, and I'm not paying full price - 10% for that one.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Sony's policy with sales is ironically making me not want to buy the games with the coupon unless they're already on a sale, since they will be discounted by more than 10%, and few of them are games I have to play right now. Although I'd really like Saint's Row and Resident Evil and they won't change in price all that much, already being cheap.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 23, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Messed around with PlayStation Now tonight. Played Infamous, RE5, and Killzone 3. Was totally underwhelmed. The graphics looked terrible, the sound sucked, the gameplay was ok but just laggy enough to be annoying. All's it made me want to do is buy a ps3 and play the games "for real".

Won't be subscribing.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Leyburn posted:

Are there no sales in the NA store currently? Because there certainly are some in EU. Big ones are 30% off of Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones season passes. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is also 50% off, but I think I'll skip that.

Nothing else really interesting, but that discount did manage to convince me to get the season pass for Tales from the Borderlands.

The 10% extra discount stacks with sales too, so you can get those Telltale season passes for even less than what the sale price is.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Iacen posted:

Yeah, it's really sad. There's absolutely nothing I'd weant to buy right now, since I've already got most from the sales. The only thing I kinda want is LittleBigPlanet 3, and I'm not paying full price - 10% for that one.

You know I still don't understand Sony (or for that matter Microsoft), sure Sony has the free games every month which is a massive plus. However digital games are still the same price as they are in store, I really don't understand their pricing.

People would be more inclined to actually buy digital games if they were say £10 - £15 cheaper than in the stores at release, add Steam type sales and people would be buying poo poo all the time and not waiting for them to go for free.

I practically have to avoid the Steam store front nowdays to stop myself buying something, but all I do on PS+ is check if they have released the new batch of free games yet, then close it down.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Follow That Fish! posted:

Big ones are 30% off of Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones season passes.

Nothing else really interesting, but that discount did manage to convince me to get the season pass for Tales from the Borderlands.

The 10% extra discount stacks with sales too, so you can get those Telltale season passes for even less than what the sale price is.
I don't normally bother with Telltale games until the whole season has been released but I picked up both of these with the stacked discounts, well worth it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Messed around with PlayStation Now tonight. Played Infamous, RE5, and Killzone 3. Was totally underwhelmed. The graphics looked terrible, the sound sucked, the gameplay was ok but just laggy enough to be annoying. All's it made me want to do is buy a ps3 and play the games "for real".

Won't be subscribing.

I was interested in it but have never gotten around to trying the trial. What is your download speed?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Well, I figured those glitched(?) Wal-Mart prices on games weren't going to get preorder guaranteed pricing in Amazon. Apparently I was wrong. At least one game got the price match.

:hellyeah:

Now I'm hoping my other preorders get it too.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

VoLaTiLe posted:

People would be more inclined to actually buy digital games if they were say £10 - £15 cheaper than in the stores at release, add Steam type sales and people would be buying poo poo all the time and not waiting for them to go for free.

Whenever this comes up, people defend it saying they have to keep the retail stores happy, but they really don't any more, and this has to stop. Nobody is going to buy a digital game at £54.99 when you can get it for £39.99 from Amazon. It's also really bad for the environment (manufacturing, plastics, shipping, delivery, etc). I'd go 100% digital if it was cheaper than disc but it's rarely the case.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think its that publishers have more of a say still over prices on PSN and XBL, if they don't set them themselves (hence why atlus games go on sale so often). that was the explanation for the ridiculous no subbed Now prices at least.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

loudog999 posted:

I was interested in it but have never gotten around to trying the trial. What is your download speed?

50mbps up/down

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

davecrazy posted:

50mbps up/down

I'd love to have your 50mbps/up connection.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

davecrazy posted:

50mbps up/down

God drat, mine is only 10mbps so Now wouldn't have a shot for me.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
The physical release for Dying Light outside of US has been pushed back for a whole month. Digital will be available next week worldwide, but the disc version isn't out until February 27th.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did they release the discount code yet?

loudog999 posted:

God drat, mine is only 10mbps so Now wouldn't have a shot for me.

I have 10 and it works fine. Fidelity isnt like playing on your own system but gameplay was solid.
I think now is going to be something you need to try (hence free trial) on your setup on an individual basis.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
Your upload rate is not the problem, Now doesn't need 50 megs down or up. If they were having problems with those rates then latency or other noise was at play - possibly they were even on WiFi, who knows.

Give the trial a shot, there's so much more involved in whether streaming gives you a good experience that writing it off on speeds isn't the way to go.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My ps4 is hardwired to my router. The latency was not unplayable but it was noticeable.

I remote play ps4 games on my vita all the time and every ps now title I tried felt worse then vita remote play.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

davecrazy posted:

My ps4 is hardwired to my router. The latency was not unplayable but it was noticeable.

I remote play ps4 games on my vita all the time and every ps now title I tried felt worse then vita remote play.

My internet is only like 15 down/5 up and I've had no input lag or downgraded visuals on Now at all. I've played FF13, God of War, El Shaddai, Alpha Protocol, Uncharted, and a few more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Follow That Fish! posted:

The physical release for Dying Light outside of US has been pushed back for a whole month. Digital will be available next week worldwide, but the disc version isn't out until February 27th.

Have they said why exactly?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Have they said why exactly?

You can't trade in digital copies, so no cheap preowned versions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
^^^^^You would think that publishers would enthusiastically cut prices on digital games just to eliminate the used market.

davecrazy posted:

50mbps up/down

Whats the actual, practical speed of your connection? I have a 100mbps connection but average something like 40 mbps in actual downloads

• Locked thread