Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I had a hard enough time finding actual news articles about the massacre the day it happened that at one point I wasn't sure if I had imagined the initial report in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Bahahaha Ricky Velez "just trying to keep it 100 like you Larry"

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Double Down will never not be hilarious.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
wtf 3 white people?

oh wait 1 is cuban still

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is a bombass panel, and not a single white person to be seen, and Luigi Mario himself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Winkie01 posted:

wtf 3 white people?

oh wait 1 is cuban still

It's a cuban panel with hispanic guests, shockingly enough Larry probably doesn't want to be 'the black show' because we know where that ends in most networks.

This is a good panel.

"I came out against Bill Cosby and he's just as black!

Arguably blacker..."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Winkie01 posted:

wtf 3 white people?

oh wait 1 is cuban still
This was my word for word reaction when I saw the panel. A couple of them are hispanic? You pass this time Wilmore. This time.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JT Jag posted:

This was my word for word reaction when I saw the panel. One of them is hispanic? You pass this time Wilmore. This time.

Winkie01 posted:

wtf 3 white people?

oh wait 1 is cuban still

Uh, do you guys know who John Leguizamo is? He's Hispanic, and I think the other guy has Cuban heritage as well.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's a cuban panel with hispanic guests, shockingly enough Larry probably doesn't want to be 'the black show' because we know where that ends in most networks.

I thought they where tan/ had to much make up on.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Uh, do you guys know who John Leguizamo is?

I didn't recognize him with the facial hair, that and the fact that I can't remember the last time I saw him in a movie

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

Uh, do you guys know who John Leguizamo is? He's Hispanic, and I think the other guy has Cuban heritage as well.
Shhh don't expose my stealth edit

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Winkie01 posted:

I didn't recognize him with the facial hair, that and the fact that I can't remember the last time I saw him in a movie

He was in Chef, which is about Cubans(andwiches), and had some of the best food photography I've seen in a while.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Yoshifan823 posted:

He was in Chef, which is about Cubans(andwiches), and had some of the best food photography I've seen in a while.

Cuban Sandwiches are the greatest and the only thing I miss about living in Florida

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
John Leguizamo is a wonderful man.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Tonight's questions are pretty dope.

Winkie01 posted:

Cuban Sandwiches are the greatest and the only thing I miss about living in Florida

This a million times.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

What is Cuba Gooding Jr. doing on that raft

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This keepin it 100 is perfect, it feels like this show is starting to really get into its groove with these last couple.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I bet that Cuban Democracy guy was sitting there thinking "man, I get asked if I would kill an old man and this motherfucker gets a softball?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JT Jag posted:

Heard there was work, I assume.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JT Jag posted:

Low-budget sequel to Boat Trip.

Lucania
May 1, 2009
They all had Caribbean roots - Mike Yard is from the Virgin Islands, Leguizamo is Puerto Rican and Soledad and the other guy are Cuban.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Pretty good 1st week for the new show imo. I think they should try something other than keeping it 100 all the time tho

Now I am all hungry for a Cuban Sandwich :negative:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

How hard is the dick-punch? Is Obama angry at me?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well the show's week started rocky but man that was a great finish.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JT Jag posted:

He's picturing John Boehner when he does it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's picturing John Boehner when he does it.
I take the shower.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Dick punch for me, no question.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I really hate his map. It's okay to have south on top but why do you frame it so like 90% of what I'm looking at is water. Use a different projection, goddamn.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I like having correspondents on the panel, but the bits where they do schtick during the monologue really need to be taken out of the format. I'd much rather burn that five minutes with an extended panel or looser monologue.

Oddly enough, I kinda adore Keep it 100. It really is another crack at the TDS Seat of Heat, but doing it with a panel somehow makes it click.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

JT Jag posted:

Does Castro have his Weekend at Bernie's team or is he just strapped to a hand truck under a showerhead?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

raditts posted:

Oh hey, someone on TV is finally paying attention to Boko Haram in Nigeria. It's kind of shameful that it has to be the Daily Show.

It got some coverage by the BBC a week or so back, but this was after an Arch-Bishop called out the sheer lack of coverage when there was the possibility (and there still is, though the reported numbers vary wildly) of two thousand dead. Pretty much everywhere outside of Africa has kinda dropped the ball with regards to the massacre.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Astro Nut posted:

It got some coverage by the BBC a week or so back, but this was after an Arch-Bishop called out the sheer lack of coverage when there was the possibility (and there still is, though the reported numbers vary wildly) of two thousand dead. Pretty much everywhere outside of Africa has kinda dropped the ball with regards to the massacre.

but... but je suis charlie :shepface:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Narcissus1916 posted:

Oddly enough, I kinda adore Keep it 100. It really is another crack at the TDS Seat of Heat, but doing it with a panel somehow makes it click.

it got better when the keep it 100 questions stopped being serious-topical and started being more "would you give castro a bj if he had a heart attack from cumming"

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Krinkle posted:

I really hate his map. It's okay to have south on top but why do you frame it so like 90% of what I'm looking at is water. Use a different projection, goddamn.
The Peters projection sucks FYI.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

raditts posted:

A black person writing for The Blaze... so we're just gonna glaze right over that one, huh.

A reminder that the crazy-eyed black woman is employed solely to pretend to be Glenn Beck's Black Friend, the one that insulates him from the accurate assertions that he's a racist shitbag whose politics would pretty well ensure every black person in this country would be permanently and irrevocably impoverished. Ugh. Disgusting.

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.
Really liking the Nightly Show so far, but I'm getting a little uncomfortable with their correspondents looking directly at the camera during those segments. I'm not sure whether the camera is too close, or there's a mental-disconnect between the shots of them looking at Larry and looking at us. Those bits definitely need to be tweaked.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Conclusions posted:

Really liking the Nightly Show so far, but I'm getting a little uncomfortable with their correspondents looking directly at the camera during those segments. I'm not sure whether the camera is too close, or there's a mental-disconnect between the shots of them looking at Larry and looking at us. Those bits definitely need to be tweaked.

Yeah I agree with this. I'd much prefer if they just aired it as an interview rather than the correspondent talking to you.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Echo Chamber posted:

The Peters projection sucks FYI.

I don't know from projections but I thought there were several kinds and maybe they could use one that doesn't look like poo poo or at least rotate the map to focus on africa or south america or something.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Krinkle posted:

I don't know from projections but I thought there were several kinds and maybe they could use one that doesn't look like poo poo or at least rotate the map to focus on africa or south america or something.
I was just hoping you weren't one of those people who thought that one scene from that West Wing episode was the most clever thing ever.

I'm not going to even link to a clip of it because it sucks so much. It's the Big Block of Cheese episode with the scene where Phlox from Star Trek Enterprise tells CJ that the Gall Peters projection is the best map to correct 1st World imperial propaganda. (It's really not the case.) Once every so while I have a Facebook friend linking to a YouTube clip of it as if it's the most mind-blowing thing ever. In general, take any lessons about 3rd World Struggles from Aaron Sorkin with a grain of salt.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Echo Chamber posted:

I was just hoping you weren't one of those people who thought that one scene from that West Wing episode was the most clever thing ever.

I'm not going to even link to a clip of it because it sucks so much. It's the Big Block of Cheese episode with the scene where Phlox from Star Trek Enterprise tells CJ that the Gall Peters projection is the best map to correct 1st World imperial propaganda. (It's really not the case.) Once every so while I have a Facebook friend linking to a YouTube clip of it as if it's the most mind-blowing thing ever. In general, take any lessons about 3rd World Struggles from Aaron Sorkin with a grain of salt.

Would you mind if I just brushed off your shoulder? You seem to have a pretty big and pointless chip there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
How many episodes of Nightly Show were there last week? For some reason I only saw 3.

• Locked thread