Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:kimchi: So cute!

I'm looking forward to all the extras we missed. I'm a little sad that it's almost over but glad that it didn't drag things out needlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just started binging on Taiyou no Ie and I'm glad it's finishing soon too, I'm sick of reading stuff I like that isn't going to end for years yet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
At the same time it would've been nice if it wasn't another "I Love You, I love you too, kiss, fade to black, epilogue" scenario

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has there ever actually been a series where the main couple got together before the end without it then devolving into stupid drama for the sake of stringing things out as long as possible?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bonnouji

there will always be bonnouji

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cake Attack posted:

bonnouji

there will always be bonnouji

That's basically the only one I can think of. While the whole "ending it just as they get together" thing is lame, I still prefer that to the crap that you get when a manga extends past that point.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Read more BL :v:
Often it starts with them having sex or at least confessing right away then the rest of the story is figuring out how to be a couple (or wacky hijinks followed by more sex).

It's also pretty easy to stick to stuff with only adult characters and if you pay attention to tags and comments you can avoid a lot of the really egregious creepy poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I try but somewhere along the way trying to find stuff without the weird rapey poo poo becomes more trouble than it's worth so I don't bother at all.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

http://feministfujoshi.tumblr.com/post/55461822151/the-ever-growing-list-of-100-consensual-bl-manga !!

Tbqh though, when I want what you're taking about, I switch to reading romance novels instead.

3am Dangerous Zone has the couple get together like, halfway through? And while there's drama, it's understandable adult drama. Plus it has has one of my favorite lines:

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Whoa, thanks for posting this! I'm looking forward to going through it later.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

im going to make the bonnouji anime one day

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i think the couple in koukou debut got together before the end and there was some drama, but nothing too bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This owns, cheers!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

im going to make the bonnouji anime one day
The one time I truly wish you were making a serious post :(

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

I see an unfortunate lack of Yamashita Tomoko, so:
Yes It's Me - BL short stories, a big fan of the title story about a guy in love with himself.
Kuimonodokoro Akira - Two guys work at a restaurant together, the younger one (26) confesses to the older one (32) at the beginning.
Illumination - BL one shots, a little uneven but I really like a couple.
Koi no Kanashi ga Shitai - a 29-year-old guy falls in love for the first time.

Also - you can basically never go wrong with Natsume Isaku.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Does Horimiya (new chapter) count if the fact that there is no drama about the relationship's problems kind of a drama in of itself?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Davincie posted:

i think the couple in koukou debut got together before the end and there was some drama, but nothing too bad

They got together pretty quickly and I think it was really good at storylines not overstaying their welcome, so even when there was drama it got resolved fast. I think it's pretty well paced overall.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer comes to mind (there IS drama, but it doesn't stem from the relationship), but that's hardly shoujo now, is it? :v:

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Mikl posted:

Biscuit Hammer

Is there even such an implement, or is that something the author made up?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

Does Horimiya (new chapter) count if the fact that there is no drama about the relationship's problems kind of a drama in of itself?

I would prefer it if it didn't keep flip-flopping between an awesome funny chapter and getting super weird about their relationship. Fortunately this was the former.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

thechosenone posted:

Is there even such an implement, or is that something the author made up?

old japanese rock band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JI3XsMQ9vM

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Oh MAN that sounds happen-in, think I'll dig some of that right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you like The Pillows watch FLCL.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just caught up in Kakukaku Shikajika.

You know from chapter one that it's gotta be coming, but gently caress, I actually cried when she finally dropped the bomb. And there's no way she's going to go back and help him either, else this series probably wouldn't exist :negative:

Between this and Kuragehime Hayashi/Higashimura kind of became a favorite author of mine out of nowhere.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Feels like Ao Haru Ride is winding down as well now that Futaba and Kou are together and the side character stuff is resolving. I'm wondering if this latest cliffhanger is leading up toward whatever the ending will be about, if it's another fake-out, or if with a couple of feel-good chapters out of the way it's time to get poo poo on again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The best ending would be it wrapping up neatly with a bow in the final chapter, everyone's standing in line laughing and whatever, and then a bus just creams the lot of'em

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Just read all of Ore Monogatari. I need more. It's so perfect. Whenever something happens that would turn into a gigantic drama-arc spanning 4 volumes in a regular romance it's resolved a few pages later at the most.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well we're getting the anime next season.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
By the Chihayafuru crew! :woop: Oh yea, and the Viz paper versions are cool.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I just read through half of Inari Konkon Koi Iroha and oh man I really hope the next chapter goes up faster than this one did

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I'd like to introduce a series that's relatively new to the thread: Koisuru Harinezumi.

It is seriously one of the most adorable things I've read. :kimchi: For one thing, the main guy is one of those guys - a delinquent who's actually super nice and gets mistaken due to his looks/aloof personality. That's one of the few shoujo cliches I can't resist. The writing is also pretty good. There isn't any forced melodrama between the leads so far (like some other manga I can name...), and the comic has this general feel-good, positive vibe that's refreshing to see.

The art is also shoujo as hell (blushes everywhere, flowers, etc.), and it's so cute!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Girl lead owns a hedgehog. Sold :3:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the nice deliquent is the best shoujo trope

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

the nice deliquent is the best shoujo trope

:agreed:

I've been following Koisuru Harinezumi and everyone is adorable but man that guy's denseness is already getting annoying. I'm hoping it ends up being fairly short because I'm not sure how much plot mileage there is to get out of "they're basically a couple but he's too dumb to know it" without annoying misunderstandings just for the sake of extending the gimmick.

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm hoping it ends up being fairly short because I'm not sure how much plot mileage there is to get out of "they're basically a couple but he's too dumb to know it" without annoying misunderstandings just for the sake of extending the gimmick.

Hmm, alternatively, what if that premise is taken to a ridiculous extreme and the manga spans their entire life together? They date for a while and he is completely oblivious to it. She proposes to him and he doesn't hear her because a train goes by or something but he just nods his head rather than admit he didn't hear her. Then the wedding ceremony happens and he thinks it's just some assignment for her photography class. She uses his money to buy a house but he was terrible at math so doesn't understand why he's poor now and decides to move in with her as a roommate to save money. Every time they have sex he thinks it's just some kind of weird massage because he was absent from sex ed class for getting in fights. When they start having kids, he thinks they're just the neighbor's kids that his wife/roommate is babysitting. Whenever the kids call him "dad" he just thinks they don't get enough attention at home and are being overly familiar. Eventually, the manga ends in a nursing home when the wife dies and one of his friends says something like "sorry about your wife dying" and suddenly he realizes that they were in a relationship for the last 60 years and he never noticed.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ok yeah I would totally read that.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i like to imagine that's how nozaki-kun goes

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

New Between Smooth and Rough!!

So cute :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It is cute but man, the chapters are short and infrequent. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It always makes me smile and I tend to forget about it until someone posts an update here, so the wait isn't frustrating.