Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Safety Factor posted:

On the other hand, I'm curious how people are going to end up pronouncing "Deredeo".

dare-uh-DAY-oh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Deredeo Sandstorm.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

The Sex Cannon posted:

dare-uh-DAY-oh?

This is what I was thinking; it's the most Latin-y.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

D-Radio

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Aioli-flavoured missiles.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Hra Mormo posted:

"Ignores intervening obstacles to line of sight in open terrain"

If it's in a forest the missiles go kablooey on top of the Dread and it cries for the first time in centuries.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Also no "only one per Army rule" so you can bring a few of them.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

The Sex Cannon posted:

dare-uh-DAY-oh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMigXnXMhQ4

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Are Melta Bombs on sergeants worth it? I have 15 pts to spare in a 750 BA for this weekend. Figured I would either give 3 sgts melta bombs or my librarian the extra strategic trait relic.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

DO IT TO IT posted:

Are Melta Bombs on sergeants worth it? I have 15 pts to spare in a 750 BA for this weekend. Figured I would either give 3 sgts melta bombs or my librarian the extra strategic trait relic.

Always useful. Being able to nail a Walker or vehicle in a pinch is great.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
After looking through my Nids supplies, I realized the only model I had that isn't relatively freshly painted for the GT army list was my original 2002ish Hive Tyrant that used Balrog wings. I have corrected that.

Behold, a fresh paintjob to hide my shameful 12-year old painting skills!

I forgot to take a photo of the twin-linked Devourer arms I made by hand when I was first starting into the hobby. They're actually not terrible-looking for how ramshackle they were, but just assume they also looked like they were covered in nail polish.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Dur, for some reason I expected twin-linked to be in the rules section for the gun, not just in the name of the item under the wargear list.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Lord Twisted posted:

Always useful. Being able to nail a Walker or vehicle in a pinch is great.

That does sound better than an extra strategic trait that would likely end up useless.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Naramyth posted:

Also no "only one per Army rule" so you can bring a few of them.

It's got the Relic of the Armoury rule, same as the Sicaran.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Did...they change it already? Wasn't it previously only SM, and didn't mention Horus Heresy at all?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Did...they change it already? Wasn't it previously only SM, and didn't mention Horus Heresy at all?

Yep! It definitely only had it as an option for SM originally.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Is it just me or does it smash light and medium armor pretty well? S8 rerolling pens and s6 hitting side armor guaranteed is pretty scary to a lot of vehicles.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I don't know how it balances against Horus Heresy stuff and I am hardly an expert on 40k, but this thing looks disproportionately good compared to the kinds of Space Marine models I generally take. I don't know if I would be comfortable using it as-is without handicaps elsewhere in my army.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

DO IT TO IT posted:

Generally, yes, unless they have power fists. Even then, it's usually a good idea, since a power fist isn't too useful against AV14 and meltabombs have only gotten more useful since you can now plant them onto more targets. Whether you're going to assault or defending from it, not getting tarpitted by a big nasty thing is a good thing.

Not much AV14 in 750 point games but it's still more useful than a power sword alone.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I'm afraid I went onto Dakkadakka to leaf through discussions likely to amuse me. My eye alighted on one in which a naive person asked if there were any 'nice' online communities which his wife could enjoy without experiencing outrageous negativity. Here is one answer:

"Wargaming is not a gender-diverse crowd. It never will be, I suspect. Just as the best professional athletes will be male, the best warfighters will be male. It's in our genes. That's not misogynistic, it simply IS. But, Dakka draws people from all over the world. That's the diversity I'm speaking of. European and Asian wargamers do have different perspectives to us New Worlders."

Holy poo poo this hobby attracts some terrible people.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Starting the long process of cheaply magnetizing my army for easy tray transport:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Sulecrist posted:

This is what I was thinking; it's the most Latin-y.

That actually sounds like falling into the American syllable trap. I'd say, based on it being an English company, "Deh red ee oh."

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Genghis Cohen posted:

I'm afraid I went onto Dakkadakka to leaf through discussions likely to amuse me. My eye alighted on one in which a naive person asked if there were any 'nice' online communities which his wife could enjoy without experiencing outrageous negativity. Here is one answer:

"Wargaming is not a gender-diverse crowd. It never will be, I suspect. Just as the best professional athletes will be male, the best warfighters will be male. It's in our genes. That's not misogynistic, it simply IS. But, Dakka draws people from all over the world. That's the diversity I'm speaking of. European and Asian wargamers do have different perspectives to us New Worlders."

Holy poo poo this hobby attracts some terrible people.

I have the genes of a great warfighter! *huge gut knocks your army off the table*

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Necron Pre-Orders are up on GW's site.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

DO IT TO IT posted:

To elaborate on my earlier statement - 5pts gives you the ability to kill an AV14 vehicle in one shot (albeit an outside chance!) and when combined with the up to 9 Krak grenade attacks, this is really nasty. If this bad boy hits, odds-on it will do at worst a hull point, at best an instant kill to a vehicle.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Harlie rumors are looking pretty cool. Looks like the Solitaire is going to be basically an Eldar assassin... Sweet...

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Boon posted:

Harlie rumors are looking pretty cool. Looks like the Solitaire is going to be basically an Eldar assassin... Sweet...

Legit question: do any of the rumors look like they'll plug any holes in the Dark Eldar lists where I'd really want to consider getting this as a supplement for my army? Or is this sort of like Inquisition to Imperial armies where there will be a couple gimmicky things you could build around, but for the most part, they don't add anything that you don't already have access to?

I really haven't been keeping up with the rumors and a recap that saves me 30 minutes of trying to read the rumor sites and filter the bullshit from the plausible isn't something I have time for right now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Don't know but the fact they get Jetbikes is pretty cool, maybe have the option of getting one of the better HtH characters into a squad of Reavers for shenanigans.

Also, getting the Nightbringer ( who apparently is 240) and the Deceiver back with special rules hopefully will be pretty awesome.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 23, 2015

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
New Necron overlord model looks pretty sweet.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Those rumoured Solitaire rules are pretty interesting. 10 Attacks once per game has WS 9 and a weapon that wounds auto on a 6+ and one that kills you instantly on a 6. That's not uh bad.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

Starting the long process of cheaply magnetizing my army for easy tray transport:

Model on the ground, model on the ground, lookin' like a fool with your model on th-

:science: Suddenly magnets.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Safety Factor posted:

On the other hand, I'm curious how people are going to end up pronouncing "Deredeo".

"Eddy"

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

New Necron overlord model looks pretty sweet.

Truth. I pre-ordered the new codex and the Overlord. Digging the Warscythe that is shaped like a Scythe.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Post 9-11 User posted:

Model on the ground, model on the ground, lookin' like a fool with your model on th-

:science: Suddenly magnets.

It's sadly true that the Hive Mind never did figure out that whole health reform mess. :smith:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm just glad I can use this Nightbringer I got in a Ebay bundle deal can actually be played as Nightbringer it looks like.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
They must be reading this thread, because they already updated the dodo robit rules:

quote:

A Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought is a Heavy Support choice
in a Codex: Space Marines, Codex: Blood Angels or a
Codex: Dark Angels detachment.

The Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought as presented here
may also be used as a Heavy Support choice in a Legiones
Astartes Crusade Army list (ignoring the Relic of the
Armoury special rule) until full rules for the Deredeo in the
Horus Heresy are published

quote:

Independent Tracking: This weapon may fire at a different
target to that of the Deredeo’s other shooting attacks if
desired and ignores intervening obstacles to line of sight in
open terrain. When firing at vehicles, it attacks their Side
Armour value.

Sulecrist posted:

How much does a Mortis cost? Deredeo is only 50% more expensive than an utterly ordinary rifleman dread.

155 base, 165 with autocanons or 185 with kheres. It's saving grace is going to be other weapon options for the arms down the road, hopefully.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Ugh. Necron datacards sold out already. Gonna gamble on a preorder from my FLGS. They forgot to call me the last 5 times I went through them, so I guess we will see what happens.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

BULBASAUR posted:

155 base, 165 with autocanons or 185 with kheres. It's saving grace is going to be other weapon options for the arms down the road, hopefully.

What would they even add, really? Kheres? Lascannons? They'd probably cost more points to switch them out and then you'd still be more expensive than a Mortis with Kheres asscannons.

I dunno. Maybe if the missile launcher came base or cost 20pts it'd be a decent choice but when it's fighting for space with the Mortis there's much less of an incentive to take it, even if it didn't look so doofy.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm imagining heavy weapons like quad lascanons, laser destroyers, or something like that. Otherwise, yeah, its too expensive. There are better cheaper options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Plasma annihilators :getin:

• Locked thread