Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
So I'm rewatching this Elements v. Fnatic game and I just noticed that when they showed Irelia in the bottom for her stats it had a different splash art. I'm guessing we'll be getting said splash art in the next two patches, then. That's cool.

I am sad that Gambit did not come back to be glorious. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
2/5 on my predictions. The bad news is that Roccat didn't look to well. The good news is that I can jump over to the UoL hype train :getin:.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Here's hoping for another 0/6 start from Froggen's team.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

So I'm rewatching this Elements v. Fnatic game and I just noticed that when they showed Irelia in the bottom for her stats it had a different splash art. I'm guessing we'll be getting said splash art in the next two patches, then. That's cool.

I am sad that Gambit did not come back to be glorious. :saddowns:
Which YT channel uploads games, the net connection here sucks but i can watch youtube, not twitch.

E: What patch are they playing on? the current one or previous one? Looking over the post game scores and am curious whether that's post or pre-nerf Syndra POE is playing on.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 23, 2015

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Rekkles and Jankos sank my team, and Fox/NRated didn't get as much as Freddy/Sven. At least POE put in the work but with only Balls and Team Liquid, i might lose the opening matchup.

Totally going to bench Jankos for Saintvicious

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The bad news is that none of the teams I was sincerely rooting for won except for UoL.

The good news is that autodraft gave me Forg1ven and my opponent this week went hard on Gambit.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Richard Lewis is doing a discussion with an actual contract lawyer about Riot's recent rule/contract changes right now, it's a pretty interesting listen

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flipswitch posted:

Which YT channel uploads games, the net connection here sucks but i can watch youtube, not twitch.

E: What patch are they playing on? the current one or previous one? Looking over the post game scores and am curious whether that's post or pre-nerf Syndra POE is playing on.

Post. They mentioned she was hella nerfed. PoE just don't give a gently caress.

Flipswitch posted:

LolChampSeries and Epic Skillshot Senpai I think.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Here's a youtube channel.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Great, thanks all.

Good lord at POE then, that guy doesn't give two fucks.

E: 3/11 Wickd. UHHH

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Flipswitch posted:

Great, thanks all.

All on Shook tbqh. We all knew Wickd was a Suicide Gamble pick but it's because Shook shat the bed.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Flipswitch posted:

I'm watching it through the Reddit thing that collects it but Epic Skillshot is also good. Man I want to see how bad/good the new Irelia splash will be. :saddowns:

I am gonna be mad if Elements really wastes having some of the best carry talent EU because Wickd is a one trick pony and Shook apparently is shy on stage.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Banning Gnar is good and EU teams should probably figure that out.

Especially don't give it to possibly the two best top laners (Fredy and Vivicijdsf;larki) in EU.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Am watching GMB VS UOL now as the first game and good lord this is a good game to watch.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Am watching GMB VS UOL now as the first game and good lord this is a good game to watch.

Don't watch the MYM or CW games. The other two are worth a shot, especially SK vs Roccat.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm watching that one now, only a few minutes in but Nukeduck looks bad. 15cs behind at 0430. How come SK lane swapped Lucian vs Trist, because of the Lulu pick?

Were the other two games that bad?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Flipswitch posted:

I'm watching that one now, only a few minutes in but Nukeduck looks bad. 15cs behind at 0430. How come SK lane swapped Lucian vs Trist, because of the Lulu pick?

Lucian's bullying is a lot less pronounced and Janna is queen of disengage, so there's not much a Lucian could have done to stop Tristana from getting to her late game versing each other in lane and instead opted for fast push to try and pull ahead by that metric.

At least, that was my theory.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Flipswitch posted:

Great, thanks all.

Honestly, Wickd didn't do awfully that game, aside from being overaggressive when he didn't know where Rengar was. The bigger problems were that A: Shook was invisible and built full armour against a double-AP team and B: Froggen and Rekkles would back out immediately as a fight started. Elements has bigger problems than Wickd, honestly.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jonny Angel posted:

The bad news is that none of the teams I was sincerely rooting for won except for UoL.

The good news is that autodraft gave me Forg1ven and my opponent this week went hard on Gambit.

Yeah that's me. Watching the Gambit game was even more heart-breaking than usual. Diamond had a negative fantasy score. :cry:

I was sick all morning but woke up this afternoon and watched the games on delay. Was a solid start to the season. I thought Fnatic would be competing for bottom of the table and now I think they might be competing for the top of the table. Holy poo poo were they impressive.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
:siren::siren::siren: Veigar and Cassiopeia on OGN :siren::siren::siren:

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Xenogenesis posted:

:siren::siren::siren: Veigar and Cassiopeia on OGN :siren::siren::siren:

Turns out the stats were right because Cass is insanely strong in this game.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

55 minute game, 4 kills. And I thought EU games could go slow

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I don't think I've seen many games where a losing team had a member with zero deaths.

E: JinAir is so hosed if this gets into late game.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 23, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Roccat did that thing where they got everyone's hopes up and then CRUSHED them didn't they.

Hey guys, Annie's back in the meta, I predict Kiwikid is gonna be good for like, two whole patches.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Man, I'll be super bummed if Najin loses this. I really like their comp this match.

E: I'm super bummed :(

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jan 23, 2015

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Really liking M3's adc's play. He is managing to outshine Dade and Looper this game, it's pretty impressive.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mistaya posted:

Roccat did that thing where they got everyone's hopes up and then CRUSHED them didn't they.

Hey guys, Annie's back in the meta, I predict Kiwikid is gonna be good for like, two whole patches.

kiwi is going to crush again and it will be beautiful

or continue dying 8+ times every game, either way

beautiful

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

55 minute game, 4 kills. And I thought EU games could go slow

https://twitter.com/ggCMonteCristo/status/558613083795361793

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Since I did so well in my predictions yesterday(1-4) here's some more for today's games.

Meet Your Makers - SK
Giants Gaming - Copenhagen Wolves
Roccat - Gambit Gaming
Fnatic - H2K
Unicorns of Love - Elements

Going full on fanboy and hope that Gambit can recover from that game yesterday.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Meet Your Makers - SK
Roccat - Gambit Gaming
Fnatic - H2K

Really not confident in Gambit but whatcha gonna do about it, Roccat looked awful. UoL may or may not kill it against Elements, that match should be fun to watch. And I hope everybody's ready for more SK D-D-D-DOMINATION today.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Meet Your Makers - SK
Roccat - Gambit Gaming
Fnatic - H2K

C'mon, Roccat, Gambit didn't look great yesterday either, you can pull it off! Also, MYM is so getting crashed this game, this should end before 30.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Yeah I didn't do great with my predictions yesterday (2-3), but I love getting beat up so here we go.

Meet Your Makers - SK
Roccat - Gambit Gaming
Fnatic - H2K

I think that Elements will win today, but I really hope they lose.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 23, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

MrRalleZ could use those ears to take off!

Meet Your Makers - SK
Roccat - Gambit Gaming
Fnatic - H2K

As much as I like Flyy and Roccat, I can't help but feel disappointed when I see them play.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flipswitch posted:

As much as I like Flyy and Roccat, I can't help but feel disappointed when I see them play.

Roccat has a ton of talent, I think they will pull it together. Overpow is new to the top lane, Nukeduck hasn't played in the LCS in a year, etc.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Well, they played Cass in OGN this morning, so...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cass is a good champ at the moment, to be honest I'd rather not have the western scene be "what the Koreans played most recently" and EU isn't quite as bad as NA is for that.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Well, they played Cass in OGN this morning, so...

She was played yesterday too. I haven't paid attention to all the changes but I guess she's a legit solid pick now.

Edit: Goddamn I love that Forgiven found a new team.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 23, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
To be fair, I think watdefox played her in the challenger scene.

And yeah, Forgiven is so aggressive, I love it.

Edit: drat this looks like it has all the makings of a brutal stomp.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Cass is a good champ at the moment, to be honest I'd rather not have the western scene be "what the Koreans played most recently" and EU isn't quite as bad as NA is for that.

Both Copenhagen Wolves (who won) and Giants (who lost) played Cassiopea yesterday, so if anything, it's Korea imitating... hahaha, I almost said it with a straight face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
If MyM manage to win it'll be on the back of Horo and SK's lousy vision control.

Edit: get loving punished for your greed.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 23, 2015

• Locked thread