Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This game is not nearly as close as the gold makes it seem, because SK has 4 dragons of buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lol, loving rip MYM

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Forgiven is really loving good. I always thought he was a great solo queue player who was always mediocre in competitive. I don't know if that's the case now. Maybe it was his team that was total poo poo back when he played previously.

This new SK team is so much better than the one from last year. Two huge upgrades at Mid and ADC and they are like just way more dominant.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

This game is not nearly as close as the gold makes it seem, because SK has 4 dragons of buffs.

And then they got the fifth one.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

Forgiven is really loving good. I always thought he was a great solo queue player who was always mediocre in competitive. I don't know if that's the case now. Maybe it was his team that was total poo poo back when he played previously.

This new SK team is so much better than the one from last year. Two huge upgrades at Mid and ADC and they are like just way more dominant.

I'm curious if this holds or if it turns out to be yet another "solo queue star plays well the first few weeks and then utter collapse"/

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm curious if this holds or if it turns out to be yet another "solo queue star plays well the first few weeks and then utter collapse"/

I think nRated is good enough and experienced enough as a leader and shotcaller that no one on SK is going to do that.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
SK = Scrub Killer Gaming.

God drat that was a nice game. Always one step ahead! Kills mean poo poo, it's all about the dragons son.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
And now, time for a match nobody gives a single gently caress about, even in fantasy draft. This PB from Giants isn't done yet, but boy is it not really inspiring confidence...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Transient People posted:

And now, time for a match nobody gives a single gently caress about, even in fantasy draft. This PB from Giants isn't done yet, but boy is it not really inspiring confidence...
Kalista locked in, I hope you're ready for an hour of watching Kalista farming!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Transient People posted:

We've got a Braum/Kalista lane and jungle Hecarim, i'll at least watch.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I kind of want to see Freeze go like 0/10 just to see people whine about Kalista.

also no matches today matter except UoL

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

Kalista locked in, I hope you're ready for an hour of watching Kalista farming!

Niton posted:

We've got a Braum/Kalista lane and jungle Hecarim, i'll at least watch.

Maximum hamhocks team but maaaaaaaaan am I not convinced by this. It's a ton of walls of beef that Jax can melt through, and Vi is a Kalista hardcounter. I feel like a Janna or Nami woulda been better here.

EDIT: ...Smite Braum. 'ok'

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Speaking of which, Braum has smite.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Thumbtacks posted:

Speaking of which, Braum has smite.

!!!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

thought he always very good when he was actually on a team. His only problem was being a toxic rager shithead. Having him and fox instead of jesiz & candypanda is a huge upgrade I agree. It makes SK probably 2nd best or best team in EU. If they could move Nrated to coach and get a more skilled support they'd be very very good.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Chilling Smite + Exhaust will basically nullify a champ for 3 seconds. Especially Hecarim.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I just noticed Exhaust Smite on Braum, what

edit - and as someone with Airwaks starting, I'm kinda excited for Hecarim and this beefy team comp. Come on 10+ assists

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Thumbtacks posted:

Chilling Smite + Exhaust will basically nullify a champ for 3 seconds. Especially Hecarim.
Why is Braum teamkilling?

But yeah, Chilling Smite + Exhaust is a really neat gimmick. Krepo was talking about how strong it is for tanky supports, like Braum or Leona. It's an extra level of lockdown there in exchange for your flash and spending extra gold on a jungle item.

The Pickles
Apr 9, 2011

You should try this wonderful lunch. It's more than a delicious tasty crunch.

Transient People posted:

Vi's the best character in the game and I don't think I've seen her show up as long as I've been watching competitive, so I'm excited. Throw in hec and kallista too? Looks fun to me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

lmao what are you doing Giants Europe

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This is a quality game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

This is a quality game.
It's like watching a bronze game with Challenger mechanics. Awful teleports, going all in with sub-100 HP, gimmick builds, strange out of meta junglers, and Kalista randomly pulling her support around for no reason

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Pickles posted:

Vi's the best character in the game and I don't think I've seen her show up as long as I've been watching competitive, so I'm excited. Throw in hec and kallista too? Looks fun to me.

She was meta in the beginning of Season 4 but then they nerfed her just so, so that she's a viable solo queue jungler but not good enough for competitive because her ult cooldown is absurdly long at rank one and two.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Hurricane Kalista. IT BEGINS.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So...Jax is already getting kind of ugly.

Vi ult on Hecarim ult was beautiful.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Libertine posted:

He was dragging CW to their few wins, and one of the only things on that team that weren't hot garbage (the other being Amazing), so he's actually always been really good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Hate to be a Monte parroting echo chamber but blind pick Xerath getting hard countered by a dive champion is almost like clockwork at this point. Every team is smart enough to punish it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

Hate to be a Monte parroting echo chamber but blind pick Xerath getting hard countered by a dive champion is almost like clockwork at this point. Every team is smart enough to punish it.
The best is when a team will punish it and then immediately make the same mistake next game.

This is the best-worst game ever. I love Giants.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Freeze and Unlimited are pretty much the only thing I like about CW right now.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
:lol: I tuned in to the live broadcast and I love how the casters are just ripping these guys apart. It's so much easier to watch EU LCS clown around when they'll at least be called out for it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Freeze and Unlimited are pretty much the only thing I like about CW right now.

Youngbuck should only play Heimerdinger and Vladimir and then they would be doing much better.

I thought Airwaks was awful last year so I'm not sure why they brought him back. Soren wasn't too hot either.

They actually upgraded their ADC because Roccat "poached" Woolite who was terrible.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Uh

Guys

Don't look now but

Graves has two pairs of boots :psyboom:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
lmao graves

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Now I can defend my "boot for each foot" build.

It is now a probuild.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I honestly thought they disabled the possibility of that in the store a few patches ago to counter people feeding/trolling.

The more you know.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh jesus jax

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
"It's the feed to win strategy! Darien 2.0!" Man say what you want about Quickshot he's loving hilarious and so wonderfully willing to make fun of these guys. :allears:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

And the all too fed Jax just kills three people in the Baron pit.

Bright side, CW got Baron!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Transient People posted:

Uh

Guys

Don't look now but

Graves has two pairs of boots :psyboom:

eulcs.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jax just casually 4v1'ing in the baron pit.

• Locked thread