Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Ruse posted:

Lately all I seem to have been catching are ISIS fucks head chopping/shotting people or throwing gay dudes off of buildings. I know SOF and so on are actually dusting these motherfuckers frequently, but that was actually fun to watch. :banjo:

Did you see the (I forget, was it Iran or more Peshmerga?) ambushing ISIS twats in the canyon with a ton of tracer fire and a casual RPG blast? It's short'n'sweet but would definitely fall under the same umbrella of "a fun watch".

It was such a chill "weeeeelp, gonna load me ol' RPG... alright now we're gonna aim aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand [FWAAAAWOOOOOOOM-BOOM]"

Ed:
hehehe - also, wonder if these are the same dudes who took the MANPADS a couple days ago?

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

they put a loving bayonet on an arti piece? lmbo

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

ded posted:

kurds seem cool, we should stop loving them imo

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Super weird not hearing a bunch of takbirs IMO

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Super weird not hearing a bunch of takbirs IMO
They shout it a couples of times after blowing up the second truck but that's about it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
They seem like a cool bunch to hang out and shoot poo poo with. :)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

justice4trayvawn posted:

kurds seem cool, we should stop loving them imo

Good thing we are friends with Turkey, stable land of democratic values.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ded posted:

The D-30 is towed tube first. That's the towing hitch. M 777 is the same way.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Frosted Flake posted:

The D-30 is towed tube first. That's the towing hitch. M 777 is the same way.

do not ruin the illusion.

rear end in a top hat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ded posted:

lmao

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ded posted:

:black101:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Towing guns by the barrel makes gun laying easier because you can use the gun tractor's compass to ensure that the gun is roughly on the intended bearing as soon is it is emplaced.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 23, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Frosted Flake posted:

Towing guns by the barrel makes gun laying easier because you can use the gun tractor's compass to ensure that the gun is roughly on the intended bearing as soon is it is emplaced.

Subtract 180

Or 3200

Or 3000 if you're a godless commie

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Subtract 180

Or 3200

Or 3000 if you're a godless commie

Most cadets can't do this on a land nav course. Would you trust them to do the same simple math later as officers working indirect fires?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It seems like a simple enough idea.

Again, just like the 777, the D-30 is on a platform that can rotate 6400 mils.

You can see the similarities to the M777.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Duke Chin posted:

Did you see the (I forget, was it Iran or more Peshmerga?) ambushing ISIS twats in the canyon with a ton of tracer fire and a casual RPG blast? It's short'n'sweet but would definitely fall under the same umbrella of "a fun watch".

It was such a chill "weeeeelp, gonna load me ol' RPG... alright now we're gonna aim aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand [FWAAAAWOOOOOOOM-BOOM]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIn4Bca2dA

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
The only hell march worth watching starts with random soviet army dudes marching about red square and ends with tanks and TBMs ripping the pavement up while assorted walking corpses use lenins tomb as a viewing platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omm3QPMqyjc

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

It seems like a simple enough idea.

Again, just like the 777, the D-30 is on a platform that can rotate 6400 mils.

You can see the similarities to the M777.

D30s use 6000 mil circles because Russia.

Guess how often we let the afghan Army fire in support of us?

Actually it was fun to watch because D30s have a direct fire mode due to their design as a combined howitzer and cold war era anti tank weapon. So we didn't bother teaching math to illiterate afghans when direct was an option and the base had clear views into most subvalleys.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

iranians seem cool, we should stop loving them imo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

iranians seem cool, we should stop loving them imo

If only they'd stop messing with nukes and Israel...

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Israel needs to man the gently caress up and stop running to mum every time someone calls them on talking poo poo. They are the international equivalent of the short man bully. Talk big poo poo up, throw a punch or two, then when the big boys come to beat them they go and cry to mum and then hide behind dad.

On the nuclear power thing:

It used to be ok, what changed?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ayatollah Khomeini and a bunch of rear end in a top hat students who should be in black sites getting their balls tasered.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ayatollah Khomeini and a bunch of rear end in a top hat students who should be in black sites getting their balls tasered.

We're willing to support their kinks, even if their own govt puts them to death for it.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

You are completely right with that whole thing. Not arguing that.

Why though, is there a problem with present day Iran using nuclear power to provide electricity in a non weaponisable format, when the US was providing Iran with tech that could be easily weaponised back in the day, What changed?

I'm not trolling, I really don't understand what the issue is.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Spacman posted:

Why though, is there a problem with present day Iran using nuclear power to provide electricity in a non weaponisable format, when the US was providing Iran with tech that could be easily weaponised back in the day, What changed?

Short answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's a gross oversimplification, but it's funny how the US keeps funding things that keep coming back to bite it in the rear end.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

It's a gross oversimplification, but it's funny how the US keeps funding things that keep coming back to bite it in the rear end.

Yah, like Iraqi chemical weapons programs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

True, but that is why it's the short answer

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Spacman posted:

Because they don't have a program setup that is solely targeting this use. Thats why one of the proposals a few years back was shut down the enrichment program, and we'll fly you the fuel you need. I can certainly understand why they didn't go for it, don't get me wrong.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

True, but that is why it's the short answer

I wan't digging on you man, just on me. Contra I see more as directly funding terrorism, things like arming Afghans are the kind of "whoops in hindsight" situation I'm referring to.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I wan't digging on you man, just on me. Contra I see more as directly funding terrorism, things like arming Afghans are the kind of "whoops in hindsight" situation I'm referring to.

I follow. Sorry dude, guess I have been reading Games so much I think everything snide one-up bullshit. My fault

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
dont read games you idiot bitch

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

dont read games you idiot bitch

That seems to be the lesson here, yeah

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Tremblay posted:

Because they don't have a program setup that is solely targeting this use. Thats why one of the proposals a few years back was shut down the enrichment program, and we'll fly you the fuel you need. I can certainly understand why they didn't go for it, don't get me wrong.

Didn't the Gingrich Congress sit on the fuel for inspections deal for so long that the North Koreans said gently caress it?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Spacman posted:

Israel needs to man the gently caress up and stop running to mum every time someone calls them on talking poo poo. They are the international equivalent of the short man bully. Talk big poo poo up, throw a punch or two, then when the big boys come to beat them they go and cry to mum and then hide behind dad.

On the nuclear power thing:

It used to be ok, what changed?

3 Mile Island, Chernobyl and people being giant loving idiots with absolutely no goddamn foresight. Nuclear power owns and anyone who opposes it over the current status quo is objectively a colossal loving idiot

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

homeboy went to afghanistan with 5th or 6th marines and dont rate a car :wtc:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/healing-soldiers/?source=ngm_more

quote:

Brain injuries caused by blast events change soldiers in ways many can’t articulate. Some use art therapy, creating painted masks to express how they feel.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

homeboy went to afghanistan with 5th or 6th marines and dont rate a car :wtc:

My painted mask would be red, yellow, and blue.

My CAR is on the inside.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
It's just a loving shame that it is immediately connected with building the bomb.

I can't help but think that if the mud hut peoples could wean themselves off selling oil by using nuclear power it would undermine a huge rhetoric we use in the first world, and that is the real reason we crap on about them using it.

Not the whole beardie people with the bomb thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earlster
Jul 28, 2006

So jaded I'm green.
When the nuclear fire comes everyone thinks this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_s8CrRN76M

Want to bet it's more like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jRiAOF8xP0

Where's Bruce Morrow when you need him?

• Locked thread