Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

prefect posted:

is it really so bad if people don't want to spend an insane amount of money? :confused:

affordable weddings are the best i was just hoping for funny goon details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

prefect posted:

is it really so bad if people don't want to spend an insane amount of money? :confused:

$2000 for 200 would involve a free venue and a lot of free labor from family

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

prefect posted:

nothing wrong with it but even throwing a party for 200 people is going to cost you more than $2k (or a shitload of favors)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Thesoro posted:

nothing wrong with it but even throwing a party for 200 people is going to cost you more than $2k (or a shitload of favors)

yeah, i guess i got hung up on the word. crazy weddings seems completely insane to me :shobon:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

prefect posted:

yeah, i guess i got hung up on the word. crazy weddings seems completely insane to me :shobon:

best wedding i ever went to was a totally larpy viking-style wedding with swordfights and poo poo, idgaf it was fun as hell

then i went to an aphex twin show after that, which also owned

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

are you a piece of poo poo to wait staff? do you believe that the cooks are gonna give you ebola? cower in fear no longer

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2013732604/saliva-scanner

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

not gonna watch the video but how would that even work in theory

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

razorscooter posted:

are you a piece of poo poo to wait staff? do you believe that the cooks are gonna give you ebola? cower in fear no longer

thought it said it was a salvia scanner

i then wondered what kind of person is worried about people slipping psychedelics into their food

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

exant posted:

i spent way more than 2k on my wedding you idiots

Please do not lie in this thread.

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.
Re wedding chat my girlfriend's sister got married for about $4k for about 200-250 people. Catering was done by an army of aunts and extended relations each cooking one dish, decorating and such was handled by the bridesmaids and was completed using entirely found objects (it actually turned out really good looking). The only way I figure you can get less than $2k is if it's a dry wedding and/or the bridesmaids and grooms dress code is jeans and flip flop and/or a free venue.

Re kickstarter I wanted to say that I kickstarted the anova sous vide thing and it works perfectly. I also backed bear simulator so I'm guessing that's just $20 down the drain

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

razorscooter posted:

since there's not a working prototype it'll get cancelled, but no one's even pledged to it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
btw star citizen just announced they've broken seventy million us dollars

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

[autism intensifies]

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

anthonypants posted:

is there any place making fun of star citizen now that gbs' thread is poo poo?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anthonypants posted:

huh thats only half a gta5. i woulda thought games were cheaper to develop

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

theflyingexecutive posted:

is there any place making fun of star citizen now that gbs' thread is poo poo?

whats there to make fun of in specifics anymore.

lets just ignore it for like a friedman unit and then go back to that well

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Snapchat A Titty posted:

huh thats only half a gta5. i woulda thought games were cheaper to develop

gta5 exists though, unlike star citizen

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

whats there to make fun of in specifics anymore.

the forums are always great sources of entertainment, it's always fun to hear about missing release schedules and such, people bitching about elite

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i'm looking forward to star citizen being released. i actually hope it gets finished and it's amazing.... because they advertise permadeath very prominently.

all the people who spent thousands of dollars on software spaceships are gonna make some fireworks when it all gets blowed up

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nah the super sperg backers have lifetime insurance already

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

nah the super sperg backers have lifetime insurance already
oh so it's literally pay2win

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
wasn't there something where they rephrased their insurance policy that made everyone mad?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

yea, kind of skewed pay2nonlose. im afraid that many star autists would just suicide otherwise

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Space-Pope posted:

so it's OGame with graphics?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sweevo posted:

no it isnt

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Boxturret posted:

wasn't there something where they rephrased their insurance policy that made everyone mad?

they said it would be very affordable with ingame currency and that it only covered the hull and not accoutrements, also that it would be tiered based on danger level based on which sectors you were flying in and that you may not be able to get insurance for certain ones lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sweevo posted:

star citizen is more like NOgame lol

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

the forums are always great sources of entertainment, it's always fun to hear about missing release schedules and such, people bitching about elite

is elite any good or is it bullshit like star citizen

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vOv posted:

is elite any good or is it bullshit like star citizen
good, but atm mile wide and inch deep

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

tbf the previous 3 also suffered from that to varying degrees

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

good, but atm mile wide and inch deep

the metagame is fun & its at least like a foot deep.

looking forward to more stuff to do tho

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sweevo posted:

tbf the previous 3 also suffered from that to varying degrees
this one seems to have severe form of that. trading outstamps every other activity, in terms of monetary income, by order of magnitude or two. also devs iirc consider tightening up fines on killing players which is stupid as gently caress in game where you are physically impossible to ever meet more than 31 player assuming it works properly and does not shits bed at about half of that.

FormatAmerica posted:

looking forward to more stuff to do tho
guess what is inch deep lol

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

kalstrams posted:

guess what is inch deep lol

i told you that in confidence you fucker!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

idgi

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

kalstrams posted:

this one seems to have severe form of that. trading outstamps every other activity, in terms of monetary income, by order of magnitude or two.

elite, frontier, and first encounters all had that problem. you could trade back and forth between a few safe systems for a while and make mad cash, or you could hang around in pirate-infested systems picking up pocket change for bounties. or mining (lol mining in frontier was so bad)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sweevo posted:

elite, frontier, and first encounters all had that problem. you could trade back and forth between a few safe systems for a while and make mad cash, or you could hang around in pirate-infested systems picking up pocket change for bounties. or mining (lol mining in frontier was so bad)
mining here is more difficult than combat with how loot scooping works

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

re: mining in elite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVz1ZIAjdc

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
i just remember loving Escape Velocity & this hits all the right spots for me even if it could be way better.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i like elite as a spaceotruck simulator, dont care much about p2p combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

MobileAppsPost is the most innovative tool for developers, app owners and users. Everything apps.

When will there
be 1Billion Apps?

MobileAppsPost.com is a collaboration of three family members believing we can accomplish something great together. We started working on a local small advertising project together and the ideas and visions flowed and grew. Our research revealed that there are hundreds of thousands of apps which are unknown. We think there will be millions of unknown Applications in the next few years. MobileAppsPost.com (M.A.P.) offers all app owners and developers, from the unknown to the most popular, a platform to expose their apps.

Our female lead company is driven to progressively develop an affordable and practical means for all other professionals to advertise and gain the exposure and information they need to succeed with any Application. Your contributions will allow us to continue developing our site. We will continue to improve research which allows us to implement ideas and our users suggestions. It will allow us to be the leader in everything apps.

Apps are from Earth!

When each and every User visits Mobileappspost.com, we want them to experience the best apps and tech information site available. Reaching our campaign goal of $72k puts us further in the realm of being the best site for apps statistical and tech information.

New, innovative and exciting programming will be implemented. Users will be able to share the apps which are exciting and useful to them with other users on a social platform. Users will be able to share what they like or don’t like about their apps, rate apps and view apps before they download them. With so many apps becoming practical, entertaining and useful throughout the world, Mobileappspost.com will be the app database for all things Apps!

Sure, anyone can just get their apps from the existing platforms. But Mobileappspost.com will continue to offer so much more than a place to download apps.

Users will experience much more than what's "Trending" and "Free". Users can search the M.A.P. app directory for any and every want or need they may have for app information. Developers and Owners can promote and advertise their apps. The M.A.P. "Interchange", located on the right side of each page, for every category, can be used to expose apps which are unknown, new or needing promotion. Popular brand apps have the exposure of a huge billboard area on the front page.

Users will be able to learn how to use their apps and get new downloads/updates for them. Users, from individuals to gigantic corporations, will be able to find fun, informative and useful statistical information about apps which will multiply and increase over time. They will be engaged with information about apps pertaining to their geographical areas, professions, sports, devices, cultures, hobbies, interests, and much more.

Users will be able to find the latest tech news about their apps and devices interest. Users will be able to purchase iTunes, Android and all apps on other platforms. Users will be able to purchase devices from our Amazon, Wal-Mart, BestBuy and other affiliates.

Want or have a need for your own app? Mobile Apps Post will have competent developers to help you create and launch your ideal apps.

That's so right! If it pertains to or involves apps, MobileAppsPost.com will be the M.A.P. to find it, do it, learn about it, try it, talk about it and get it.

What you are helping to create.

Mobileappspost.com will be "THE" social media and news site for all apps on Earth. You will be an indispensable and essential factor in promoting M.A.P.'s success. All Indiegogo campaign funds will be used to:

- Create and launch a more professional informational video.

- Fund development of our "MapApp".

- Fund programming for implementing Users features (social media interaction, statistics, instructional, etc.).

- Fund employing writer(s), branding, researchers and social media managers.

- Fund programming, marketing, developing, improving and maintaining site.

- Fund other dynamic and awesome events and user experiences which need to be kept undisclosed until they can be launched on site.

- Fund advertising for M.A.P.

- Provide promotional items and events for M.A.P.

We sincerely appreciate your Contributions!

Our appreciation will be endless for every act and effort given on M.A.P.s behalf. Your Contributions will surely make this female principle owned business a complete success! Please mention us positively on all your social media sites. Sign up for a free 100% no obligation account. Ask everyone you know who develops or owns apps to sign up and receive 30 days free no obligation advertising for their apps. Whatever you can do that is tasteful, respectable and complimentary to help M.A.P. reach all of its goals will be received with overwhelming gratitude.

Investors Welcomed.

Investors are welcomed to send their inquiries and proposals to; customerservice@mobileappspost.com.

Your Perks are our pleasure !

Perks will be distributed shortly after our campaign ends. All Perks are expected to be completely delivered between April 9 and April 18, 2015. No delay is anticipated but if there is, notification and details will be updated on Indiegogo. We will ensure that any delay is promptly completed. A history* page will be created on M.A.P.'s website and social media pages. Also, a historical plaque will be purchased to commemorate M.A.P.'s success on Indiegogo. All contributors will be listed with sincere and immeasurable gratitude.

• Locked thread