Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Gstu posted:

So, what is everyone reading while they wait for Broodhollow book 3 to start? I've been following it regularly since somewhere in the middle of book 1, and now I'm just twiddling my thumbs. Anyone have a good webcomic recommendation?

As far as horror goes, you need to check out Emily Carroll's stuff if you haven't already.

For webcomics in general, well we have a thread for that. There's almost too many to narrow it down to just one or two recommendations, but at least you can click around with the knowledge that everything linked is pretty drat good.

Personally I've had a great time with Bad Machinery, and I'll be starting Gunnerkrigg Court soon since everyone is always gushing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gstu posted:

So, what is everyone reading while they wait for Broodhollow book 3 to start? I've been following it regularly since somewhere in the middle of book 1, and now I'm just twiddling my thumbs. Anyone have a good webcomic recommendation?

Read It Hurts! http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=chapter-1-pasqualo-falls-in-love It's about a young boy falling in love, doing some growing up and getting into wacky hijinks with his friends. It's definitely not filled with subtle signs pointing to a greater horror that lurks on the edge of your consciousness. Art improves quite a bit.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Well... Homestuck started updating again:getin:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Unsounded started up again: http://www.unsoundedcomic.com

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm still cautiously optimistic for a Broodhollow Christmas special.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The guest comics disappeared?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Azran posted:

The guest comics disappeared?

There were guest comics?

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

neogeo0823 posted:

There were guest comics?

there was a halloween style holiday, in true broodhollow form, guest comic up for a while that does appear to be gone

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Yeah that disappeared awhile back.

I'm still waiting for those short stories he promised us. :colbert:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whelp, better add to the new post count so people think broodhollow updated, I forgot he said he'd start updating again in 2015 back in October.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Holiday drawing.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
It's a magical world full of hideous things too awful for human minds to comprehend, Mercy ol' buddy...let's go hide in a closet!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So... It's nearly the end of January. Anyone heard anything about when the comic might continue?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but it's already continuing in our hearts

which is why we're removing yours, we gotta open it up on the altar to find out what happens next sorry

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Aww, I saw the new replies and thought the comic had updated :(

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 22, 2015

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

ThaumPenguin posted:

Aww, I saw the new replies and thought the comic had updated :(

It has!

not really, and I'm so, so sorry.

(I know it seems cruel but sometimes that really works when waiting for a comic to update, in the OotS thread I've seen it happen many times. We could also try asking if Kris is okay! :eng101:)

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Zoe posted:

It has!

(I know it seems cruel but sometimes that really works when waiting for a comic to update, in the OotS thread I've seen it happen many times. We could also try asking if Kris is okay! :eng101:)

you are a bad person and that is a bad click and you should be ashamed

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Zoe posted:

It has!

I don't actually know anything about that comic other than seeing some shoddy-looking ads, so I'm not really sure how to react to this.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's really bad. let's leave it at that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, that isn't even a funny joke in the OotS thread.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I bought the first book from Kris at pax south and he doodled a cheeky zane in it for me!

I apologize if this end up huge, in phone posting.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Posting this just so people will think the comic's been updated and then be disappointed.

....whatever happened to the end of January? I check every day and then get sad. :(

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Go read BACK while you're waiting.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Kill Six Billion Demons while you're at it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Zoe posted:

....whatever happened to the end of January? I check every day and then get sad. :(

Dudes busy as gently caress.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Zoe posted:

Posting this just so people will think the comic's been updated and then be disappointed.

:catstare:

drat you.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Zoe posted:

He had a kid for some loving reason, and he as already overworked, so expect output to decrease.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kickstarter for book 2 is up

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So book 2 is done, when will the webcomic be updated? I assume it's at least after the kickstarter is over and probably some time after the pdfs and books have been sent out.

EDIT: I'm retarded, book two has been out for ages. It's book three we're waiting for.

Kinda forgot the structure of this comic, guess it's been too long since I read it. :(

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 11, 2015

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
looks like things are gonna get going again, hopefully soon

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I just binged on the whole thing.

The artist - didn't he used to draw some weird superhero guy with purple hair?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

khy posted:

I just binged on the whole thing.

The artist - didn't he used to draw some weird superhero guy with purple hair?

Yes, Starslip. That comics over.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Crain posted:

Yes, Starslip. That comics over.

Nah, that wasn't it. But after much searching I discovered it was http://www.checkerboardnightmare.com/

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

khy posted:

Nah, that wasn't it. But after much searching I discovered it was http://www.checkerboardnightmare.com/

Oh yeah, that one. Which apparently he never formally ended it seems...

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Ah, poo poo, I meant to back that kickstarter. Now my hardback Book 1 will never have its matching sequel.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

amishjosh posted:

looks like things are gonna get going again, hopefully soon

"Book 3 has a title and it will begin around the start of next year."

Given that this was posted a couple of days ago, are we seriously going to be waiting until 2016?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Polaron posted:

"Book 3 has a title and it will begin around the start of next year."

Given that this was posted a couple of days ago, are we seriously going to be waiting until 2016?

No, that was posted when the last book ended, back in like November. We were all hoping for a January continuation of the story, but well, you see what's going on. I don't know why the posted date changed to what it did.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The penny-arcade guys have him in their basement and they're extracting his creative juices in order to continue their webcomic. Which is why it's mutated into a grotesque abomination.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The game of oubliette is running right now, we just keep forgetting having ever read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Someone will eventually unearth a locked thread from three months ago documenting our horrified reactions to the opening of Book 3 and our confusion and barely disguised relief when Kris abruptly removed it from the site without a word of explanation.

• Locked thread