Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Just downloaded and installed live again after not playing since 2006 (Shortly after TSS launched we keyed for the endgame zone via the 10 trials or whatever and I quit shortly afterwards), does anyone play on the xegony/zeb server? I'm currently 2-boxing but I'm probably going to just level a cleric up really quick as well, only at level 10 with a ranger/enchanter duo so cleric will catch-up quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Plenty of duders play on Xeg but they are mostly (all?) up in their high-end raid guild. Xegony is definitely a good server to play on either way. And your box combo will probably plow anything group content can throw at you. My ranger friend was tanking his box crew in the last expansion's endgame zones.

Hoohah and I are on Fippy busting up Underfoot, and Deadwing and I have some chars on Test.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 14, 2015

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

darkhand posted:

Plenty of duders play on Xeg but they are mostly (all?) up in their high-end raid guild. Xegony is definitely a good server to play on either way. And your box combo will probably plow anything group content can throw at you. My ranger friend was tanking his box crew in the last expansion's endgame zones.

Hoohah and I are on Fippy busting up Underfoot, and Deadwing and I have some chars on Test.

I wish I had gotten back into it when a progession server was opening or still in content that I had done and worked up to stuff I hadn't done, but alas it was not meant to be.

Maybe they'll open a new progression server at some point considering I would bet it brings people out of the wood work to pay :10bux:

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Anybody on a live server have a Raw-hide gorget they could test copy and mail to Deadwing? So desperate I offered 100 million plat to general chat and had a ton of people trying to get one to drop but nope

2-3 would be even more appreciated, that aug looks good enough to do on multiple characters and supposedly test lets you do the extra merc quest repeatedly so might as well

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 16, 2015

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
I got mine off the mucktails to the right of the pok book in BFM. They respawn pretty fast and there's a shitload of them in that tunnel + around it outside. I want to say it took me like 3-4 clears before mine dropped.

Magelo says the ghouls in Neriak 3rd gate have the highest drop rate, so might try there too. Mucktails definitely drop it though

FWIW you just need 300 in TS to do the merc quest, not trophies.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Whoever copied a poo poo-ton of my TS things from live should have about 30 of those kicking around. I dunno if Passenger is still around on Test, though.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Fippy update: hoohah/karael likes to say they are terrible but they are pretty cool and good. Most people seem to listen and know what they're doing, how to burn, etc. It is strange feeling like dead weight sometimes.

It sucks losing all my test friends in one fell swoop, but no reason to stay in a bad situation. I do miss three boxing into anything I wanted but I'm pretty much fine with not getting the best augs in the game at this point.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So, I've installed this and I figure I'll give it a try. I doubt I'll be a fairly active player, but as an enthusiast of the necromancy/summoner playstyle, I've always been meaning to check out how EQ's version of that played. It seems the OP's a bit out of date (at least the stuff with the F2P model, silver doesn't even seem to exist any more), so I'm curious - what's the best goon server for someone not at raid-level?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

There's only maybe a dozen goons in this game, all spread on 4-5 servers. Couple on Bristle, Xegony, Fippy, Test, and Luclin. What games are you familiar with? Kiting doesn't exist in most games, and after level 60ish that's pretty much how you solo in EQ as necromancer. And if you are soloing it doesn't really matter where you play, although it is nice being able to ask for help on stuff.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

Fippy update: hoohah/karael likes to say they are terrible but they are pretty cool and good. Most people seem to listen and know what they're doing, how to burn, etc. It is strange feeling like dead weight sometimes.

It sucks losing all my test friends in one fell swoop, but no reason to stay in a bad situation. I do miss three boxing into anything I wanted but I'm pretty much fine with not getting the best augs in the game at this point.

Haha guild is belly-up now anyway. I logged in last week to just see what was up and the entire raid force was Xicararn, Vaft, Ladonna, and some new warrior chick who's an insufferable oval office. I told her where to stick it and logged off after 10 mins. RIP.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

darkhand posted:

I set expectations low.

EoE isn't *terrible* but we have to deal with three types of problem children:
1) People who get carried whenever they don't feel like paying attention
2) People who are genuinely bad at EQ and will do nothing to improve
3) People who are cunts and trolls.

Our guild 'strategy' is to let people who fall under #2 figure their own way out the door by not giving them loot. This unfortunately means that useless shits get in the raid while quality, well played bots get sat, and then everyone complains to me that they're not getting heals / mobs aren't getting debuffed / etc. #1 and #3 are just a fact of life on MMOs, so I just try and not let them bother me.

Regardless of what I say, we did beat Underfoot in-era without doing a massive amount of farming of Tier 8 raids, which is apparently pretty good? I guess my problem is that we're super inconsistent.

In any case, Dijital you're doing fine, if we can get you a tank / healer buddy or buddies, you can steamroll through AAs. Since one of our dipshits got banned for streaming with MQ, I'll probably have to give up my wizard so he can keep playing, which means I've got to keep working on her gear/xp. Your dps is about where anyone would expect for someone with group gear + some raid drops and low AAs.

The hope is that in HoT, which has artificial delays like UF did, I can get everything done then drop everyone in my group and get you in while they OOG murder poo poo with us. That's assuming people don't decide to pop over and join to round out your crew.

We're probably looking for another warrior by the way, one of ours has huge family issues going on and Hamshire is in a loving panic about it. We have two warriors who always show, one who is now more iffy, and two who are sporadically not around for reasons. One of the rerolls (Obsian -> Mushroums) really likes playing his shaman apparently, he just needs a better shaman to sit down with him to work out how to do stuff, and work on his reaction speed I guess.

Speaking of HoT, we're about a month away assuming the vote goes through. EoE is now larger than Citizen and Darkblood dissolved more or less, so I'd expect all future votes to succeed on first go around. If you're willing to pay the sub and want to join us, we still have like 4-5 bots in raid that could be sat for the right classes, and apparently HoT is really cool and has a Tier 3 raid that we can do with a few smaller groups that doesn't involve our one SK kiting for an hour. Some people might have seen that there was a Citizen waste of life named Thogg who was going out of his way to train us, either he's stopped, people have learned to deal with it, or he got his dudes banned by training us too much. Its not going to be that big of an issue in HoT, so please don't let this deter you if you wanna join us. I'd love to have more goons in guild.

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 16, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Did that guy in EoE that was streaming while using Macroquest get banned yet?

e: oh he did. Haha. He probably shouldn't stream on days when a CRT is also streaming and looking at other channels, since CRTs can contact developers immediately in IRC.

Node fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 17, 2015

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If for some bizarre reason you still don't have a gorget I can patch test later, I think I have at least one in my bank lurking somewhere.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hoohah posted:

In any case, Dijital you're doing fine, if we can get you a tank / healer buddy or buddies, you can steamroll through AAs. Since one of our dipshits got banned for streaming with MQ, I'll probably have to give up my wizard so he can keep playing, which means I've got to keep working on her gear/xp. Your dps is about where anyone would expect for someone with group gear + some raid drops and low AAs.

This is a special kind of dumb.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Yeah don't give that guy your account, he deserves to start totally over for being the biggest idiot of all loving time.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Stanos posted:

If for some bizarre reason you still don't have a gorget I can patch test later, I think I have at least one in my bank lurking somewhere.

Yeah I still need them whenever you can get around to it, gracias senor

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
If you need more raw-hide gorgets, I found the best place for those are the orcs in Oasis of Marr. Sorry, South Ro. The ones near the shore of the oasis respawn quickly and I usually get one within thirty minutes.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah don't give that guy your account, he deserves to start totally over for being the biggest idiot of all loving time.

I'd normally agree but the dude does stellar dps.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jetz0r posted:

There was a guy years ago who posted raid kill screenshots with MQ up :cripes:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Hexel posted:

There was a guy years ago who posted raid kill screenshots with MQ up :cripes:

The one I remember from reading EGL threads was someone who got busted because the scrollbars on items in their frontpage updates were longer than default ones, because they were using MQ that displayed additional info in the focus effects area. I think it was an RoI updater that did that?

There's also the ones that just posted SSes with colored names, <LDR>, or other blatant MQ signs. But that one was impressive in how small of a detail it was.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
MQ2: The worst kept secret that people will still lambast you for.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Stanos posted:

I used to have a fully loaded compile that some guy publicly distributed through a link at the bottom of his kids karate website. It had /warp target and everything. No GK but it was still pretty sweet.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Stanos posted:

Every UI improvement in MQ2 should be put into the EQ UI.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Every UI improvement in MQ2 should be put into the EQ UI.

That, and every single stat/attribute should tell you exactly what it does depending on how much of it you have if you hover your mouse over it. Same with AAs, some of them are so cryptic.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Looking to sell some Kronos for $, and/or trade a couple for h1z1 on Steam. $10-12 each, depending on how many you want to buy. Username is my steamid and @gmail to contact me.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Oh god Illa's quitting for real!!! :derp: :shrek: :derp:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

THE END OF DAYS IS UPON US

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Time to play EQ2 :getin:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Haha how timely. I just made a new Illy on AB to play with the prog guild there :allears: Have an 85 SK/Inquis I made when they had the free Heroic thing going on, so I'm gonna just peter along in the new noob zone until I get bored, then autofollow the SK around until I hit 50 while pointedly avoiding farming raids for money :colbert:

I have a bunch of unused Kronos on Test thanks to truly, unbelievably stupid people paying me to PL their raid copies on the loving Test server, so if I keep having fun I'll sub for a few months. Can always go get more free Kronos from idiots if I need them later for something.

Edit - if you're looking for a PL on Test, I didn't mean any of the above, you're a smart and sensible person who just wants to bypass the doldrums and get right into enjoying that sick raid gear you just paid for. My going rate is 1 Krono to 85, 1 Krono from 85-95, and 1 Krono to 100. A full 1-100 PL gets you a 0% discount, so you still owe me 3 Kronos up front. This is shockingly acceptable and takes me 1-2 nights of screwing around depending on how interesting whatever I'm watching on Netflix is at the time.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 21, 2015

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Do Kronos work cross-game?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Oh god Illa's quitting for real!!! :derp: :shrek: :derp:

SEE?!

Any time I try to convert Kronos to something else, everyone freaks out.

revenance posted:

Do Kronos work cross-game?

Yes, your account has access to them, independent of game or server. And they provide gold access in every SoE game.

They might not be items in every game, but if you click one in EQ1, your gold works for EQ2 and any other SoE games that care about being gold.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

SEE?!

Any time I try to convert Kronos to something else, everyone freaks out.

Shut up and let me leech off of your bandwagon hijacked sales thread, goddamn.

Yes Kronos apply to any SOE game, not just the one you collected it in. You cannot, however, use them to buy new games anymore, such as H1Z1

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

You cannot, however, use them to buy new games anymore, such as H1Z1

Pretty sure jetz0r can :v:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Truly the only fate for a Krono worse than using it on SoE games is selling it for actual money, then spending that money on H1Z1 :a2m:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Yesterday's patch:

quote:

- The bag opening sound effects have had their volume reduced significantly.
:w00t:

I've seriously been avoiding chest and trunk-type bags for years because of that KRRRA-KLUNK sound. Rejoice!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

:effort:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Hoohah posted:

Since one of our dipshits got banned for streaming with MQ, I'll probably have to give up my wizard so he can keep playing, which means I've got to keep working on her gear/xp. Your dps is about where anyone would expect for someone with group gear + some raid drops and low AAs.

If it makes you guys feel better, every pic on the vulak guild's website has mq2 signs.

The same guy who reports any posts talking poo poo about his dead server is also putting up pics with <Leader of Kuk Clan> in them.
http://i.imgur.com/9JvBbuB.jpg

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

To be fair, loving with MQ2 is strangely compelling and oftentimes more fun than playing the game itself. I spent some time learning how to find offsets a while back and the amount of poo poo you could do if you wanted to is pretty insane.

Someday I'm going to amass enough computers to box a full raid's amount of characters and see how far through raid prog I can get via code only without actually playing any of the characters myself

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

jetz0r posted:

If it makes you guys feel better, every pic on the vulak guild's website has mq2 signs.

The same guy who reports any posts talking poo poo about his dead server is also putting up pics with <Leader of Kuk Clan> in them.
http://i.imgur.com/9JvBbuB.jpg

Good ole Kukgrol. It never stops being fun loving with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

MrTheDevious posted:

To be fair, loving with MQ2 is strangely compelling and oftentimes more fun than playing the game itself. I spent some time learning how to find offsets a while back and the amount of poo poo you could do if you wanted to is pretty insane.

Someday I'm going to amass enough computers to box a full raid's amount of characters and see how far through raid prog I can get via code only without actually playing any of the characters myself

Honestly you could probably get pretty darn far, it would just require A LOT of coding , but you can put in all sorts of triggers etc, my brother and I actually worked on a script that would get you through the MPG simon says trial, it worked pretty decently for the most part.

If you put in the time and effort with MQ2 scripting you can do a shitload with it, we were able to get pulling automated in zones in I think it was DODH that had static mobs and the zones weren't randomized (but were instanced).

Honestly a lot of the fun of the game for the last few expacs outside of our raiding progression was running a group of chars with MQ2 and basically automating making money, people buying progression/levels/aas/gear from us.

One of the things i miss was the plane of tactics (from PoP expac), the pit in the zone you could actually start a massive war between the 2 factions and gain xp from it, some guy on xegony (possibly dudes elsewhere figured it out too) showed it to us and it essentially was pretty crazy, you could get hundreds of aas overnight while he kept feeding mobs into the war he started, I'm pretty sure he figured out a way to kill valon zek or talon zek by pulling whichever one into the pit and having mobs beat him to death.