Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MadDogMike posted:

While Faith & Fire has plenty of reasons to look at it funny as a novel, the depiction of Repentia was really good. When you've got scenes like them was them charging over barbed wire into trenches being urged on with "Take only sins, not prisoners! Leave only flesh, not corruption!", I'd say "sexy" is the last word that comes to mind.

It's one of my favourite 40K novels, actually. Mind you, I've always been a fan of the Sisters, so maybe that's just me fanboying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

theres some good art for female characters outside of the IG too

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

4 of those are gender neutral (pretty sure the psyker is male)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FireSight posted:

No, the Psyker and the Renegade pictures are definitely meant to be women.

Sour Blossom
Apr 21, 2005
L O L 6 6
Yesterday my group infiltrated a privately leased auxiliary psyker facility to rescue a party member(an Ecclesiarchy Confessor) and an Inquisitor from another sector who both got captured in separate incidents for investigating a minor noble house that is trying to make it big by helping to create artificial Living Saints. As soon as they got back to the elevator after recovering a tesseract sort of artifact, the facility came under attack - they can hear bolter fire echoing all the way down the central shaft, and they just had a nasty run-in with a Deathwatch marine who butchered his way through a horde of guards and nearly one-shotted the PC on point the session before with his bolt pistol.

"It was going /so/ well."

Edit: the bolterfire is coming from the direction of the only exit to the whole facility.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

FireSight posted:

uuuh the psyker has boobs, the mechanicus assassin has grey boobs, the renegade and the noble are def female and the verispex is pretty neutral

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

FireSight posted:

The mechanicus unambiguous tits, they're just not obvious. Facial features and build on the renegade are pretty clearly female(+ hairstyle). Psyker's build is relatively female, but could be male if not for the tits. Dunno about the inquisitorial savant-thing, could go either way on that.

I guess there's the reason they put massive titplates on characters. Not everyone picks up on more subtle cues. (God help nerds when they meet a woman in pants with short hair.)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i dont get why ham nerds and tg get all worked up about gender and tits in warhammer

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Waroduce posted:

i dont get why ham nerds and tg get all worked up about gender and tits in warhammer

FEMALE SPACE MARINES

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Waroduce posted:

The fun gbs thread talked about this thread and men's pauldrons for like 8-9 pages.

Face it, we're all in the same procession of the damned.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Waroduce posted:

In general tradgames are terrible about including women in any other capacity than as titillation for men and much of the tradgames community is still very much juvenile NOGIRLSALLOWED. This is why nerds get all worked up, either because they wish the hobby would be accessible for women or because they're fedora-wielding misogynists who wish the scary women would just stay away. That the 40k RPGs aren't terrible about women is notable.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hard counter posted:

The fun gbs thread talked about this thread and men's pauldrons for like 8-9 pages.

Face it, we're all in the same procession of the damned.

Posts. Eight or nine posts.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Elukka posted:

That the 40k RPGs aren't terrible about women is notable.

Probably because most of the time the players are too busy thinking about how to survive the terribly depressing setting that they don't have to think about their sexuality.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kaizer88 posted:

FEMALE SPACE MARINES

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Those hips... :jackbud:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is a pretty kickass picture, though. I love the old Crusade helmets. I like pretty much every helmet but the frowny face one.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

There's a 40K costume based off this armor that rocks imho.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Posts. Eight or nine posts.

The fun thread added another page there with the kingdom death stuff :allears:

Face it duder, we're all going down together, hand in unloveable hand.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

theres some good art for female characters outside of the IG too

IIRC the Navis Primer, Into the Storm and Faith and Coin had some legit pictures for some of the Alternate Ranks.

Has there been any mumbling about whether RT's going to be updated anytime soon like DH was? There's a couple more books I want but if there's a rehaul coming soon I won't bother.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Elukka posted:

In general tradgames are terrible about including women in any other capacity than as titillation for men and much of the tradgames community is still very much juvenile NOGIRLSALLOWED. This is why nerds get all worked up, either because they wish the hobby would be accessible for women or because they're fedora-wielding misogynists who wish the scary women would just stay away. That the 40k RPGs aren't terrible about women is notable.

Basically this. My irl group, which plays pathfinder, is half female and called me a couple times on stuff I never noticed, like the majority of my NPCs being guys.

Having women play these games enriches it, and in as much as the setting doesn't make them feel included it deserves to be talked about.

I give FFG a lot of credit for including those non sexualized Guardswomen in OW.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Is that a Beakie chestplate?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i wish the sisters of battle had that type of chestplate instead of the weird corset thing. they're supposed to be power armour suits but they're always drawn all ruckled like cloth or leather

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

You mean you don't want more of this?

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.

CitrusFrog posted:

You mean you don't want more of this?

I sure hope Emperor-sempai notices me! ~uguuu

Bellicose Buddha
Mar 16, 2009

The tongue like,
A sharp knife,
Kills,
Without drawing blood.
You sure you want to draw yours?

Cynic Jester posted:

Seems like he wants to know where he can buy one at a decent price.

Yep. All the ones I have found are $80 or more, some even 150. Its that stupid algorithmic stuff that happens with automated sellers when a book is going through a second printing cycle. Wouldn't ask for files on here.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah, I have a friend who got it for normal price, but he had to go through a guy who went to a local convention. I'd just wait awhile for either a similar hookup or for the printing schedule to line up.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Just get a legit copy of the PDF.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/135019/Dark-Heresy-Second-Edition-Core-Rulebook

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

So the resources in the OP are pretty out of date in some places, and I've had to make some of my own stuff for my coming Only War game. Link here to my living infopack. Contains:

- Character Sheet
- A rough Regiment Creation template
- Some tables copied from the rulebooks (Combat Actions, Combat Difficulty Summary etc.)
- That great Advancement Cost calculator someone else made.

Feel free to copy and adjust as required, or ask any questions. I don't think I've copied enough rules from the books in their entirety for it to be a problem, I've mostly referenced page numbers.

jizzy sillage fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jan 19, 2015

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Bellicose Buddha posted:

Anyone know where I get snag a copy of DH 2nd ed? I have not been able to find one that is not at an outrageous price.

I think the DriveThruRPG PDF is 20bux.

e: eh, it's 30. It was 20 when you preordered during beta.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Maybe someone can clear up this rule for me: In DH2 what is the point of a full move action when you can just run for way more meters of distance?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Dr. Tough posted:

Maybe someone can clear up this rule for me: In DH2 what is the point of a full move action when you can just run for way more meters of distance?

I believe you need an unobstructed straight line for a run action.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.
If it's like OW, it also allows you to maintain cover.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

What you're thinking of is Tactical Advance, which moves you at half speed but allows you to maintain the same cover rating as what you just left until you stop moving. Basically it's for if you think an enemy is using Overwatch and just waiting for you to break cover.

Running gives enemies a -20 to hit you with ranged weapons, but a +20 to hit you with melee. So if you don't get enough distance by the end of your run, an enemy can really clobber you, especially if they charge.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Pharmaskittle posted:

What you're thinking of is Tactical Advance, which moves you at half speed but allows you to maintain the same cover rating as what you just left until you stop moving. Basically it's for if you think an enemy is using Overwatch and just waiting for you to break cover.

Running gives enemies a -20 to hit you with ranged weapons, but a +20 to hit you with melee. So if you don't get enough distance by the end of your run, an enemy can really clobber you, especially if they charge.

Basically this explains the difference between full move and run. Full move is less distance, but doesn't impose that +20/-20 on you. Full round move is also used with the (vastly under-rated) talent Hip-shooting.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Alright, thanks

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So my group is looking to get back into RT and had a question about classes that aren't from the core book. How many are there and in what books?

I have enough books to know about 2 for Orks (Freeboota and Weirdboy) and the Kroot Mercenary. I know there are Dark Eldar but not how many options and how many options do the Tau get if anybody is interested in them?

Likewise am I wrong in thinking the only classes you really need are a Rogue Trader and Navigator with Explorator as a high need? Void-Master and Arch-Militant seem kind of underwhelming if you allow people to take Elite Advances for certain skills early.

Edit : Got an error the first time but thats perfect now, thanks a ton

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 23, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

All the careers and alternate career ranks, by book:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXDD_2DVCZx1AUbpeh8j6PUsiPh0RxaC0iDht7OU1wM/edit.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Nice to see people are still getting use out of that thing! I was planning to make another one for DH1 but then DH2 came out and oh well...

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."

Canopus250 posted:

So my group is looking to get back into RT and had a question about classes that aren't from the core book. How many are there and in what books?

I have enough books to know about 2 for Orks (Freeboota and Weirdboy) and the Kroot Mercenary. I know there are Dark Eldar but not how many options and how many options do the Tau get if anybody is interested in them?

Likewise am I wrong in thinking the only classes you really need are a Rogue Trader and Navigator with Explorator as a high need? Void-Master and Arch-Militant seem kind of underwhelming if you allow people to take Elite Advances for certain skills early.

Edit : Got an error the first time but thats perfect now, thanks a ton

My groups have never used a Navigator, we just get an NPC to do the staring into the warp, and then the GM allows Pilot tests to avoid warp storms and stuff.
This most recent time around, we have a Void Abacus instead of a scary mutant.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I suppose it is far from necessary to do all the warp tests every time you travel. My last group played there were people interested in it and Astropath just because they had extra stuff to do.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

If you have charts and a good route you really shouldn't be in danger of major warp mishaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In the Expanse the warp is meant to be a particularly dangerous, churning mess and a bitch to navigate. If your game is elsewhere it might be a considerably more trivial undertaking.