Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Her Dryer posted:

I got told I was in the top 5% but I only got a new title out of it, did i misread it or what.

And yeah I saved up for a gold, got Necrotaker, and the only real difference he's making is that now I have to fight teams of all-golds in online play. He's very slow and often will just stand there and eat a super while I frantically try to block. I'm bad at WWE: Immortals.

I only got a title too. What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Daniel Bryan posted:

Immortals got its first Challenge, and the reward is Cyborg Brock Lesnar. But it's a grind, mainly because it requires currency you can only get doing normal challenges. This is where a second deck makes sense.

A second deck is pretty much a Gold card with some Bronzes to fill space, so it's not too bad. They give you enough at the start to finish 2 ladders to get a free Bronze booster.

But for my personal experience, I got a free Rock for beating the second bonus ladder and got enough credits for an Undertaker, so I'm all set to get the Cyborg Brock.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

A second deck is pretty much a Gold card with some Bronzes to fill space, so it's not too bad. They give you enough at the start to finish 2 ladders to get a free Bronze booster.

But for my personal experience, I got a free Rock for beating the second bonus ladder and got enough credits for an Undertaker, so I'm all set to get the Cyborg Brock.

The only thing stopping me from getting Cyborg Brock right now is waiting for my teams stamina to refill. Got enough credits to buy Soldier Cena, and even the high tier fights on the very last challenge are just crumbling at the might of my legendary II Bryan.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Now that I have two gold characters, I think the hardest part of the challenge is going to be getting enough gold to get Undertaker and Cena cards.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Swagger Dagger posted:

Now that I have two gold characters, I think the hardest part of the challenge is going to be getting enough gold to get Undertaker and Cena cards.

It seems like random matches in the challenges pay out a bunch of gold, plus you get 15k for beating three of them. If you do silvers, not a hard run.

E: I just beat the challenge and it resets after you beat it with harder enemies. If you beat it again you get another Cyborg Lesnar, plus an uncommon gear. And then it seems like there's another tier even over that. So by the end of this you could have a Legendary II Lesnar. Not bad depending on how hard it gets.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 23, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The game is now basically divided into two camps-- those with blue Stings, and those without.

Yeah, I don't have one and it sucks. Just gotta ride it out...

It's like that time when everyone had Paige cards, it was a pain.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, I don't have one and it sucks. Just gotta ride it out...

It's like that time when everyone had Paige cards, it was a pain.

I think, in the Epic-Low Legendary land, the things I see most often:

Pro Epic Rock
Pro UR Dean Ambrose
Pro UR Ultimate Warrior

And they all seem to have much higher than average stats for their tier.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Toshimo posted:

I think, in the Epic-Low Legendary land, the things I see most often:

Pro Epic Rock
Pro UR Dean Ambrose
Pro UR Ultimate Warrior

And they all seem to have much higher than average stats for their tier.

Rock and Ultimate Warrior are definitely high tier, Ambrose is fairly far down the lists as far as I know. Shawn Michaels is almost universally #1 on average.

here is a pretty exhaustive list of card stats

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 23, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Huh, considering right now I'm using Pro L HBK, Eddie, Yoko and Austin, I have some pretty good cards.

Stupid PCC ruining everything.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I see a TON of Pro Epic Rybacks.

Just recently creeped into Legendary tier myself. First Legendary pull was the Heenan manager card, which is amazing. Then I got Cena as my first Legendary wrestler (2nd place in KOTR) and I was conflicted... ha. It's funny, the last two KOTRs I've done are completely dominated by a sandbagging dude in first place. Always has a perfect record and then 2nd place has like 15 losses.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Strange - I definitely haven't purchased a 75k gold pack in Immortals today, but it's not showing up in the store. Guess it was a limited time offer?

Wonder what to spend my money on instead (80k right now). 100k pack? Silver Cena? Save up for super-op Gold Cena?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

Strange - I definitely haven't purchased a 75k gold pack in Immortals today, but it's not showing up in the store. Guess it was a limited time offer?

Wonder what to spend my money on instead (80k right now). 100k pack? Silver Cena? Save up for super-op Gold Cena?

I think it goes by 24 hour period instead of actually resetting at a certain time every day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jonny Angel posted:

I think it reappears twenty-four hours after you last bought one, rather than when today started.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I have a gold level 23 Big Show and gold level 12 Trish - should I keep leveling them and buy silver Taker/Cena to get the last two tiers done for cyborg Lesnar or save up for the Gold versions/pray for them in the 75k packs?

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Minidust posted:

I see a TON of Pro Epic Rybacks.

Just recently creeped into Legendary tier myself. First Legendary pull was the Heenan manager card, which is amazing. Then I got Cena as my first Legendary wrestler (2nd place in KOTR) and I was conflicted... ha. It's funny, the last two KOTRs I've done are completely dominated by a sandbagging dude in first place. Always has a perfect record and then 2nd place has like 15 losses.

I've been the sandbagger lately. I used to do it anyway, because I'm lazy, but now, if I actually use all my legendary cards, I wind up in Survivor KOTR, which just means I get stomped by Gloryhole cards. I figure I'm better off trying to earn more Legendary pros to have a shot at getting a Survivor card in the next Road to Glory.

Lord Noodle
Jun 10, 2003

I'm Gumby, Dammit!

CubsWoo posted:

I have a gold level 23 Big Show and gold level 12 Trish - should I keep leveling them and buy silver Taker/Cena to get the last two tiers done for cyborg Lesnar or save up for the Gold versions/pray for them in the 75k packs?

I'm almost the exact same situation as you. (Even have the gold Big Show and Trish). I think I'm going to cave and buy a silver Cena/Taker just to make sure I can get at least one Gold Lesnar. The only problem is that it may make the next tiers of the challenge harder(impossible?) if you don't have gold Cena/Taker. Does anyone know if you can get a Cena/Taker card as a reward from any of the single player ladders?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, I would either save up for Gold Cena, or hope and pray for him in a booster back. I bought Silver and am regretting it now because it seems like that last tier is going to be nearly impossible without him. I might be able to eek by just because my Gold Bryan might be able to make up for him, but I don't know.

The real problem with the 2nd version of the challenge is the ones that require you use only bronze or bronze and silver guys. Unless you've been leveling your lower tier guys up, and upping them to legendary, it seems like it's going to be nearly impossible to do it. I guess this is why the challenge lasts over a week, to give people a chance to get properly boosted.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

ZDar Fan posted:

I've been the sandbagger lately. I used to do it anyway, because I'm lazy, but now, if I actually use all my legendary cards, I wind up in Survivor KOTR, which just means I get stomped by Gloryhole cards. I figure I'm better off trying to earn more Legendary pros to have a shot at getting a Survivor card in the next Road to Glory.

I sandbag the poo poo out of KoTR. I quit after getting through the quarter finals though. I don't have the time/energy to farm energy to keep going and I know that my odds of winning the whole thing are poo poo because everyone else in spots 1-4 or 5 are sandbagging too so I take my 1 survivor card and go home. I have enough legendary support cards, I don't need any more.

I've currently got 18 survivor cards with no card to match it up to. It's frustrating as poo poo. If there were a means of getting survivor cards reliably without having to sandbag the hell out of KoTR I would do it, but alas, there isn't. So I'll keep going until I've got a full RTG team of survivor pros.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

The real problem with the 2nd version of the challenge is the ones that require you use only bronze or bronze and silver guys. Unless you've been leveling your lower tier guys up, and upping them to legendary, it seems like it's going to be nearly impossible to do it. I guess this is why the challenge lasts over a week, to give people a chance to get properly boosted.

I'm also leery of the bronze/silver only tier of the challenge. My bronze Bryan, Paige, and Roman are all at least level 20, and I just got a Silver Rock, which I've gotten to level 9, but the CPU opponents tend to be overpowered.

I got gold Undertaker in my last booster pack, so I've got that tier covered. I may save up for a silver Cena, since I already have gold Undertaker and HHH, and I figure they may be enough to carry me through the Cena tier.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

I'm also leery of the bronze/silver only tier of the challenge. My bronze Bryan, Paige, and Roman are all at least level 20, and I just got a Silver Rock, which I've gotten to level 9, but the CPU opponents tend to be overpowered.

I got gold Undertaker in my last booster pack, so I've got that tier covered. I may save up for a silver Cena, since I already have gold Undertaker and HHH, and I figure they may be enough to carry me through the Cena tier.

I have a level 23 Paige and a level 21 Legendary I Kane, and it's still not enough to get through the second level of the challenge's bronze only ladder.

Gold 'Taker and HHH will definitely get you through the first difficulty level of the challenge, but you might be boned in the same way I am on the 2nd.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Remember that if you beat at least one level of a challenge, you unlock the ability to buy more duplicates to rank up Cyber-Lesnar. As far as I know, you can't get challenge cards from boosters. So make sure you beat at least one level.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Our Long National Nightmare Is Over

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I have a level 23 Paige and a level 21 Legendary I Kane, and it's still not enough to get through the second level of the challenge's bronze only ladder.

Gold 'Taker and HHH will definitely get you through the first difficulty level of the challenge, but you might be boned in the same way I am on the 2nd.

I didn't realize there were multiple challenge levels. When (if) I beat these five, will five more harder ladders open up?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

I didn't realize there were multiple challenge levels. When (if) I beat these five, will five more harder ladders open up?

It looks like there's a total of 3 levels, each of the ladders are the same in each level, but with higher difficulty opponents. You can get a Gold Brock from each, and then the higher tiers give you gear as well.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Our Long National Nightmare Is Over

Achievement unlocked: Brie Mode

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ZDar Fan posted:

Yup. But don't worry, you only need to beat the first one to get the card. Beating the harder ones gets you free duplicates.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Happitoo posted:

I sandbag the poo poo out of KoTR. I quit after getting through the quarter finals though. I don't have the time/energy to farm energy to keep going and I know that my odds of winning the whole thing are poo poo because everyone else in spots 1-4 or 5 are sandbagging too so I take my 1 survivor card and go home. I have enough legendary support cards, I don't need any more.

I've currently got 18 survivor cards with no card to match it up to. It's frustrating as poo poo. If there were a means of getting survivor cards reliably without having to sandbag the hell out of KoTR I would do it, but alas, there isn't. So I'll keep going until I've got a full RTG team of survivor pros.

once I got into Survivor the game decided to be generous as hell with me. my first two SV board pulls were Erick Rowans and right after the RTG with the Flair SV reward I got a second from the board. that plus the two blue Stings has been good. still refuses to give me Legendary Pros though

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Knowing that you can buy future Cyborg Lesnar cards to Legendary him makes the decision easy - I bought silver Taker and will probably just get silver Cena unless he comes in the silver booster from clearing tier 4 then crack the daily 75k booster a few times hoping for Cena and if he doesn't drop in 2-3 days save up and buy gold Cena and hope to get at least a second wave clear by the end.

I'm not too concerned about bronze-only from round 2 since I have a level 26 legendary Bryan, a level 20 Sheamus and a level 15 legendary Paige.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

Knowing that you can buy future Cyborg Lesnar cards to Legendary him makes the decision easy - I bought silver Taker and will probably just get silver Cena unless he comes in the silver booster from clearing tier 4 then crack the daily 75k booster a few times hoping for Cena and if he doesn't drop in 2-3 days save up and buy gold Cena and hope to get at least a second wave clear by the end.

I'm not too concerned about bronze-only from round 2 since I have a level 26 legendary Bryan, a level 20 Sheamus and a level 15 legendary Paige.

You're gonna have to level that Paige up to even stand a chance. The second round has you going against Legendary IV's.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

All this talk of challenges and Cybrocks is all part of the online mode that's still not available on Android, right? Because I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

All this talk of challenges and Cybrocks is all part of the online mode that's still not available on Android, right? Because I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

It's a challenge mode that's separate from everything else. It's single player though, not online (in fact you can't even earn the "credits" to do the matches in the challenge in online fights) so not sure why you're not seeing it, unless the devs are just that lovely at rolling stuff out for Android.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hobo Clown posted:

It's a new entry on the main menu on the iOS version.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's a weird bug on iOS where the Challenge mode doesn't show up on the main menu when you first start the game. If you go into Play or Store or anything, then back, it'll suddenly appear.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
On the event thing on the Supercards where people were posting screens full of green cards to game the system or whatever, do you want maxed pro green cards or untrained green cards or what? How should I get ready for the next whatever that was?

Proud to report this game is still extremely stupid and unrewarding after a long break.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I pretty much steamrolled the bronze/silver challenge with a lvl 22 shaemus as my main. I think I backed him up with a lvl 20 paige and filled the last spot with whoever I wanted to get xp.

pump some money into those L2 signatures, guys, they're worth it.

Also, has anyone pulled a top tier gold character out of a cheaper gold pack, or are they all Big Show/Trish?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

ExMortis posted:

On the event thing on the Supercards where people were posting screens full of green cards to game the system or whatever, do you want maxed pro green cards or untrained green cards or what? How should I get ready for the next whatever that was?

Proud to report this game is still extremely stupid and unrewarding after a long break.

What cards you use doesn't make a lot of difference as long as your cards are uniformly low stats - it's just convenient to use uncommons because they drop the most often so getting tag team compatible cards is easier, and pro them because 1) stars are pretty, and 2) they take up like 20 inventory slots during RtG so you might as well store as much xp value in them as you can while you're there, and 3) they show up on the combinables list when they're un-pro'd so you'll accidentally pro them anyway while you're managing your inventory.

The main point of the deck is weak cards + strong managers (and having a 50/50 split of either up/downs or left/rights will help with tag teams)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Retromancer posted:

Also, has anyone pulled a top tier gold character out of a cheaper gold pack, or are they all Big Show/Trish?

2x Taker and 2x Trish here. Who would you define as being in the top tier other than Cena? I feel like Bryan belongs there, on account of how brutal his autoattack is - especially when buffed.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Retromancer posted:

I pretty much steamrolled the bronze/silver challenge with a lvl 22 shaemus as my main. I think I backed him up with a lvl 20 paige and filled the last spot with whoever I wanted to get xp.

pump some money into those L2 signatures, guys, they're worth it.

My first pull from a cheap pack was Roman Reigns. I don't know how good he compares to the other golds, but his level 2 special is brutal and his basic combo is really good.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got a Big Show and a Trish, and I don't mind Big Show so much since his level 2 just wrecks people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Great White Hope posted:

My first pull from a cheap pack was Roman Reigns. I don't know how good he compares to the other golds, but his level 2 special is brutal and his basic combo is really good.

His basic combo is in fact really good. He's faster than Trish and way faster than Taker, so my only real options for damaging him are signatures and soaking up one of his combos while blocking and then counterattacking - and even that can be tricky to time.