Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Simon The Digger posted:

So Studio Trigger recently submitted a short based on Denkou Choujin Gridman (which some of you may remember better as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad) to the Japan Animator Exhibition and it's sweet as hell.

The reason the Gridman at the end of the video looks different from the original is because he indeed isn't the original - he's Gridman Sigma, from the cancelled Gridman sequel series (that later got turned into a photo story in a kids magazine, due to the fact that the Gridman Sigma costume was completed before the cancellation went through.)
God, I remember SSSS. When I was a kid, it got pulled from the network I watched it on with no warning whatsoever, and I was crushed. Pretty sure it was my first non-PR Turbo toku series, too.

Light Gun Man posted:

drat, was Gridman always so obviously Ultraman?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I had the toys, it was the best toys ever because it had armor up and the armor making its own robot. Fun as hell, and actually articulate unlike most of the PR poo poo that was rigid.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I have both SSSS dvds right here because it owns.

Studio Trigger finally doing something with Gridman Sigma is a dream come true.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Tae posted:

I had the toys, it was the best toys ever because it had armor up and the armor making its own robot. Fun as hell, and actually articulate unlike most of the PR poo poo that was rigid.

I have the toys. The US version of Dragon Emperor King Gridman is ridiculously top-heavy and my Gridman figure has crazy loose hips that can't deal with it.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Can Trigger just do a honest to god super robot show. I mean not a parody or anything, but a legit super robot show. Based on that clip it'd be totally amazing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Valhawk posted:

Can Trigger just do a honest to god super robot show. I mean not a parody or anything, but a legit super robot show. Based on that clip it'd be totally amazing.

You mean the same studio trigger who's staff is mostly the same that made Guren Lagann?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God Gridman has some great concepts and designs and suits. I wish it was subbed. That was an amazing clip too.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Drive spoilers:

I guess you were right about Chase, Blaze Dragon. I guess my theory was a little far-fetched, but I was caught up by Mr. Belt saying Proto-Drive was dead. Robots can't die. :downs: Plus I figured that Krim would have been sure if the dude wearing him was dead.

I really like Drive so far though. Gou's the best.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite part of Gridman stuff is easily the sets the battles take place on. Cool rear end internet data-cities or whatever the hell it actually was. Looks rad.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Speaking of toys, I actually brought one despite my general hatred of adults paying money for this poo poo. Now it was a Figuart so it wasn't as bad as idiots paying sixty dollars for a dinogun or shilling out for a gadget that says "Heat" in a funny voice. 15 bucks at S&C so I decided why not and got Shinkenred. Big takeaway? I didn't know Figuarts are so tiny. I thought they'd be like eight inches or a foot tall, as is the box is as big as a regular sized alarm clock and the figure is smaller than my hand. Still looks neat I guess. Gonna sit it on my shelf and never touch it because that is the adult way to play with toys.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cliff Racer posted:

Speaking of toys, I actually brought one despite my general hatred of adults paying money for this poo poo. Now it was a Figuart so it wasn't as bad as idiots paying sixty dollars for a dinogun or shilling out for a gadget that says "Heat" in a funny voice.

Says you. At least those things have light and sound. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cliff Racer posted:

Speaking of toys, I actually brought one despite my general hatred of adults paying money for this poo poo. Now it was a Figuart so it wasn't as bad as idiots paying sixty dollars for a dinogun or shilling out for a gadget that says "Heat" in a funny voice. 15 bucks at S&C so I decided why not and got Shinkenred. Big takeaway? I didn't know Figuarts are so tiny. I thought they'd be like eight inches or a foot tall, as is the box is as big as a regular sized alarm clock and the figure is smaller than my hand. Still looks neat I guess. Gonna sit it on my shelf and never touch it because that is the adult way to play with toys.
"I spent money on a nerd toy from a children's show, but I'm better than those other nerds who spent their money on different nerd toys from children's shows. :smugbert:"

Honestly, though, yeah, Figuarts are definitely on the smaller side.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I cannot justify buying figuarts for that very reason.

I much prefer the NECA/SIC scale of round about 8 inches. If I'm going to spend 50 something dollars on a hunk of plastic, I'd like for it to feel like it. Plus I have giant fat man hands so less worried about breaking poo poo

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I tried collecting figures of various interests and fandoms, including toku, but after they kept breaking on me I decided to say gently caress it and threw them all in a shelf. All I have still standing is a Thor my dad gave me and three Evangelions I'm giving to a friend for his birthday. It's sad too, because I was looking forward to those Sentai figuarts...

...Then the new Bionicle started up, and hey, surely these won't break as easily, right? Plus they're basically Sentai!

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
I've never had issues with the 6-inch scale of figures, it's pretty much the "right" one for me at least, at least for display purposes. They don't take up -too- much room and are overall easier for me to manage. I get that Figuarts aren't for everyone, but I prefer them for being pretty close representations of the show suit. SICs are okay (well, the older ones are super awful toys), but their design aesthetic is all over the place (Good, bad, or way too edgy). Thankfully, the exchange rate has improved at least for importing sake, so 30-40 feels a lot more reasonable when they have a lot of detail for the size and accessory options for multiple display ideas.

Or I can be lazy and just recreate my favorite OP scenes!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I have a question.

I go to the Kamen Rider Wiki every now and then to read about stuff I missed, and I noticed that, at least for Drive, all of the forms and shift Cars have like, listed stats of punching and kicking power, jump height, and speed.

where do these figures even come from?

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
If I remember correctly they're actually on the boxes to the Vinyl toys. I -think- they appear on the website from time to time but for the most part they're numbers stuck onto the side of a toy box to make the Rider seem cooler.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When in doubt: because Toys.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

If I'm about to start watching Kamen Rider Fourze again to try to actually finish it (it was the second Rider series I ever tried to watch after I started on and loved OOO), which of the Over-Time or Aesir subs would you guys recommend? I quit watching due to apathy towards the series during the Ryusei stuff in the 20's, but I've heard it gets better after that, and my first viewing was with a random mixture of the three various subs that I could find on Youtube and a couple other streaming sites. That really probably didn't help my opinion of it. (Mostly returning to re-watch it because after I finish Den-O in the near future it'll be the only Heisei Rider series I haven't finished.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

gourdcaptain posted:

If I'm about to start watching Kamen Rider Fourze again to try to actually finish it (it was the second Rider series I ever tried to watch after I started on and loved OOO), which of the Over-Time or Aesir subs would you guys recommend? I quit watching due to apathy towards the series during the Ryusei stuff in the 20's, but I've heard it gets better after that, and my first viewing was with a random mixture of the three various subs that I could find on Youtube and a couple other streaming sites. That really probably didn't help my opinion of it. (Mostly returning to re-watch it because after I finish Den-O in the near future it'll be the only Heisei Rider series I haven't finished.)
You can't go wrong either way. There's only minor translation differences between the two. I preferred O-T. I think they were even sharing some of the staff for these translations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Got a new red Mazda 3 Hatchback and have decided to apply this decal to it. I'm really excited to have my own pale imitation of Tridoron. I'm just wonder which color to get and where to put it.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Flameingblack posted:

You can't go wrong either way. There's only minor translation differences between the two. I preferred O-T. I think they were even sharing some of the staff for these translations.
Aesir's Cancer is way better. :colbert:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Well I guess my theory about last week's ToQger was wrong, but yeah, now I'm super hype for this week's episode. Still not entirely sure what Right's deal is though, but now I'm thinking when he let go of his friend's hands and ran at the darkness, Zed was able to partially consume his shine, but not completely. This would cause Right to have some darkness in him due to Zed's attempt, as well as explain why he's obsessed with Right's shine, because he wants the rest of it.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Flameingblack posted:

They shared raws and timing, yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ninnninger villains revealed. They look neat.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
either the dude on the bottom left has god level shoulder pads or he has four arms.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Waffleman_ posted:

Ninnninger villains revealed. They look neat.

The gold guy on the left looks like Grifforzer got another resurrection.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Best cockpit

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Have we gotten any kinda of full version of the Ninninger OP yet? I know the ToQger one got leaked a couple weeks early via some guys phone-camera video...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More Ninja info, including OP lyrics.

There is no match for us Nin-Japan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I need figuarts of this sentai, yesterday. They didn't sell that well so I'm guessing that Figuarts haven't been doing releases of Sentai as often anymore, right?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I haven't seen any ToQGer figuarts yet, but with the Japanese theme, the Ninningers should sell. Hopefully they make some Kakurangers as well.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
30 second Ninninger OP preview, it's loving rad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Oooh, I like this a lot. A worthy successor to Kakuranger's theme.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That's fantastic. I really need to power through ToQ and get caught up before it ends.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah I stopped at like 32 and now have to blow through the rest of it (got about 4 episodes in this past week.) Realistically though I don't have high hopes, my hatred of collectable gimmicks is such that unless they do everything else right it drags the whole show down.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Honestly the "collectable trains" thing kinda stopped ages ago. They had all those episodes of "hey we found a new train!" But they haven't gotten any more of them in, what, 3 months now?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Did the color change gimmick ever amount to anything?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Yes, they need it when they infiltrate a town taken over with darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Only when the plot requires it to. By midway through the series they'd thankfully stopped doing it for the most part.

edit: And my collectables post was actually directed about having lower hopes for Ninninger than it was for TQGer where I already know I am getting a subpar series even if its worst aspects got minimized around episode 29 or so.

• Locked thread