Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Which is why someone at Type Moon was doing god's work when they decided to add Shiki Ryougi to the later Melty Blood because she is superior to Tohno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Man and I thought MGS was the pinnacle of "I took a biology class in high school once", but this is loving insane.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Man and I thought MGS was the pinnacle of "I took a biology class in high school once", but this is loving insane.

MGS is "I took an ethics class in freshman year".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I get the feeling that the MGS team probably know how genes and stuff work, but it's easier to just go "recessive genes = the bad ones" instead of using the explanation that dominant and recessive genes are not a binary switch between good and bad and really what are 'good' and 'bad' genetics anyway and blah blah blah real life science. I mean sure the games love yammering on and on for half an hour about nothing, but MGS1 was a pioneer in that it has probably the least amount of dawdling on the plot of any of the games.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

CJacobs posted:

I get the feeling that the MGS team probably knows how genes and stuff work, but it's easier to just go "recessive genes = the bad ones" instead of using the explanation that dominant and recessive genes are not a binary switch between good and bad and really what are 'good' and 'bad' genetics anyway and blah blah blah real life science.

Ginger genes are always the bad ones, bio 101. I

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

I get the feeling that the MGS team probably knows how genes and stuff work, but it's easier to just go "recessive genes = the bad ones" instead of using the explanation that dominant and recessive genes are not a binary switch between good and bad and really what are 'good' and 'bad' genetics anyway and blah blah blah real life science. I mean sure the games love yammering on and on for half an hour about nothing, but MGS1 was a pioneer in that it has probably the least amount of dawdling on the plot of any of the games.

Either that or Liquid was intended to sound really dumb

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The best part about them calling Marie a Poochie on the podcast is that her Persona, Kaguya, is literally Japanese Folklore Poochie. Kaguya's whole story is that she was so perfect and beautiful that everyone (including the emperor of Japan) fell in love with her, but none of them were good enough for her, and it ends with her going back to her home planet. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh hell yes! Evil Zone! Time for Paul Eiding to say a bunch of nonsense.
EDIT: So that's why that intro looked so familiar. I knew that animation style/hair from somewhere.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Look man you don't argue with the powerhouse of the cell.
I'll abuse any chance I can get to say those words.

HGH fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 24, 2015

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-72FjU2eCo&feature=youtube_gdata
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/saturday-morning-scrublords-evil-zone/
SCRUBLORDS TIME
EVIL ZONE.
E: This whole thing makes me think of Geppy X as a fighting game, and terrible.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 24, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"This game got me interested in hentai."

Truly, the greatest compliment Evil Zone could hope for.

Oh. Oooooooooooooh. Evil Zone. I get it now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please do not refer to the naked form in such a shameful way.

Yes, I know what you are referencing.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
"I should be able to stare at underage girls in various states of undress and it's an insult to my rights if I am denied this" -Liam (Champion of the Weaboo)

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Liam saying "Legend of Dragon" made my 3rd butt chamber collapse into the woolie hole

doos
Jan 1, 2015

goldblums eyes posted:

Liam saying "Legend of Dragon" made my 3rd butt chamber collapse into the woolie hole

I can't imagine how horrible things are in that dimension.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

pulp rag posted:

mgs is more like "i took mushroom E in high school"

I'm loving the SH run just because you went pro lets play on it, no bullshit on cutscenes and actually giving informative poo poo about the game.

hillo fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 24, 2015

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
I really enjoyed that Dead Zone video if only because it begs the question: Would a Telltale Games fighter have a bigger roster than Playstation All-Stars'? The answer may surprise you!

Also featuring the Jurassic Park stage from Cross Tekken.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Matt and Liam enjoying Evil Zone while Pat and Woolie desperately go NO BUT IT SUCKS is great

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Speaking of fighting games, Pokken Fighters looks like actual hype. Also they're not limited to fighting types since they showed off 4-legged Pokemon like Suicine

edit:

Tae fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 24, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pokken Fighters is fuckin weird.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Matt and Liam enjoying Evil Zone while Pat and Woolie desperately go NO BUT IT SUCKS is great

I wonder how easy it'd be for someone with sufficient programming skills to just take the rom and map better controls and a button/key to every grab and finisher.

Though, all the control rejiggerings wouldn't fix how terrible most of the stages look. I think only half of the settings at least belie the Truman Show skybox tech they used.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie damning Evil Zone and praising Divekick in the same breath for meta-game is about one of the funniest loving things on the channel I've ever seen. Oh and Pat's unabashed hatred of projectiles is funny too.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Pokken Fighters is fuckin weird.

It looks like the Naruto Ninja Storm games, which are mostly pretty serviceable.

Either way, this is exactly the kind of Pokemon game I'd like to play. I like Pokemon as a franchise, but I find the main games to be desperately boring; I'd be more than happy to play a real-time fighter though.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
http://www.amazon.com/Fahrenheit-Ind.../dp/B00SLXWUCE
Pat is going to be pleased

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Though, all the control rejiggerings wouldn't fix how terrible most of the stages look. I think only half of the settings at least belie the Truman Show skybox tech they used.

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THEY WERE IN A TV SHOW!!!!
IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK BAD!!!!
YOU PHILISTINES!!!! PHILISTINES!!!!

I think downtime in any future Saturday Morning Scrublords should feature Liam reciting either (Game) Defense Force rants, or perhaps, slashfic.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

you would think with a name like Remasted they would actually put some effort into somewhat updating the visuals.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Metal Gear Solid 3 originally released a year before Indigo Prophecy and still looks better then this remaster.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Tae posted:

Speaking of fighting games, Pokken Fighters looks like actual hype. Also they're not limited to fighting types since they showed off 4-legged Pokemon like Suicine

edit:

I still can't figure out why sometimes it looks like an arena combat game and sometimes it looks like Tekken. I assume it's based on whether or not the players are on the same machine, but they look like they kind of control differently???

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Silentman0 posted:

I still can't figure out why sometimes it looks like an arena combat game and sometimes it looks like Tekken. I assume it's based on whether or not the players are on the same machine, but they look like they kind of control differently???

It switches back and forth

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I took a look at the sbf neogaf thread... woof :staredog:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Depths posted:

I took a look at ... neogaf

I calmly advise you to never make this mistake again lest you become one of them.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Wordnumber posted:

Metal Gear Solid 3 originally released a year before Indigo Prophecy and still looks better then this remaster.

I'm watching the Fahrenheit LP again and I can't get over how bad it looks. It's hard to imagine that it came out around the same time as MGS3 and other good looking games.

Depths posted:

I took a look at the sbf neogaf thread... woof :staredog:

They derail into anime a little too much for my taste. And the thread is way too busy.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

pulp rag posted:

did you know that people...are from different countries???

makes u think

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Yinlock posted:

did you know that people...are from different countries???

makes u think

"I took an ethics class in first year" then?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

theCalamity posted:

They derail into anime a little too much for my taste. And the thread is way too busy.

So what you're saying is that the Neogaf Best Friends thread is basically SA's Giant Bomb thread?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All internet forums are the same and NeoGAF has as many cool and good people as it does bad people.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Beef Waifu posted:

All internet forums are the same and NeoGAF has as many cool and good people as it does bad people.

But, we're on this forum, which means we're better.
:goonsay:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pulp rag posted:

But, we're on this forum, which means we're better.
:goonsay:

This but unironically, neoGAF is unrepentant garbage sorry dude

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Haha, the latest SH2 video with Matt saying makeup tutorials on Youtube are actually useful compared to LPs... This is why I love you guys. :allears:

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Also, with regards to The Suffering, I think the rights to that IP are currently held by the United States Air Force. Like, the guys with the fighter jets, the bombers, the actual goddamn USAF. No idea how that happened; probably the same sort of legal shenanigans that got System Shock into the hands of an insurance company.

So, probably never gonna be a remake ever, alas.

(Also, bad cut at the end of the video! You cut it off just before party time started.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

OneDeadman posted:

you would think with a name like Remasted they would actually put some effort into somewhat updating the visuals.
Graphical improvements are a failure of the game designer.

Wordnumber posted:

Playing the HD Collection recently, MGS3 has actually aged pretty well. The environments can look a little rough, but character models - especially Snake - look fine, and the motion-captured cutscene animation still looks pretty drat good.