Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Illegals are well known to wander the border looking for abandoned cars to strip. It's just a fact of life for those on the border.

The sheriff's giving him an excuse to keep the FBI car.

God almighty, Muir, you really do think in the 1300s, don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Welcome all to new DbD character the Guns Sherrif!! He is a man of gun's, and is help to Zed dad by letting illegals to crimes for him ;) Original trace from human picture, do not steal!! please!!

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
lol of course it would be a sheriff

the only valid LEO, donchya know

God I hope Muir decends into full sovcit stuff, he's almost there already

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Omg, he is going on a Freeman/Posse comitatus/Sovereign Citizen kick.

To those who don't know the modern "Freeman on the land" style pseudo legal movements are born out of the "Posse Comitatus" movement which is like states rights to the Nth degree. The important bit is that they think the County Sherrif is the ultimate rule of law (basically to get around even state level anti-segregation/integration laws). Also the idea that personal property rights supersedes the Federal Government (letting Sam Elliot Muiry Suetoo effectively steal the car) is also indicative of this mindset.

We'll know for sure if Muiry Poo has really gone full Freeman in the next few strips but this is pretty clear I think. Poor bastards gonna get himself in some real trouble if he decides he going to try and use some stupid Freeman "law" to do something.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zed of the family Muir

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Rorus Raz posted:

Zed of the family Muir

does Zed have a last name or is it just assumed it's the same as Chris

Chris should just get it over with and get his name changed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

The sheriff's giving him an excuse to keep the FBI car.

God almighty, Muir, you really do think in the 1300s, don't you?

Yeah I know what he was saying I was just saying oh yeah good cover durrrr.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

Zed of the family Muir

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Hahaha he got a tiny hat.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Hahaha he got a tiny hat.

He's small hat and no hoof.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Calling it now: Zed's going to secure the future of his "family" by tricking the government into giving him $1.e+100000000000000000 with a magic contract (written or verbal) when they come back for the car or otherwise go after him next.

Bonus points if it's a "No Trespassing" sign with something like "entering this property without previous permission incurs a charge of $1000/min" and for some reason the government just slumps away and agrees to it.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Ohhhh, lemme tell a little story 'bout a man named Zed,
Got two(?) lumpy children and his waifu's hair is red,
Used to be a badass sniper fighting in a foreign war,
Also used to be hand drawn but that don't happen anymore.

Photoshopped, he is. GIS, blur and trace.

What's ol' Zed up to now? Well no-one really knows.
He mostly fucks around and is helped by Portago.
The gubmint wants to kill him and they do the best they can,
But it's hard to do your job when you're made of straw, man.

That Obama, man. No penis, fat wife.

Would you really want to hang around with Zed and all his kin?
His best friend is just like him 'cept for color of his skin.
And Black Guy's wife, a Russian boy and feisty Israeli gal,
But Muir makes them unlikable and the plot will always stall.

Y'all get off my loving land, y'hear?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm baffled by the "No warrant" line.

"Judge, this man has openly assaulted several US servicemen, comitted treason, and has unpaid taxes in excess of a million dollars! He previously claimed displomatic immunity while on a patch of land in Florida, but is now living on a farm in Texas alongside that woman who assaulted a TSA agant."

How do you not get a warrant after that?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

lol of course it would be a sheriff

the only valid LEO, donchya know

God I hope Muir decends into full sovcit stuff, he's almost there already

Citizen sheriff

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

This is definitely going to get my vote for gay abortion.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

gently caress, for the first time ever I'm looking forward to the next DbD. I want to see where Muir's demented mind is going to take this current SovCit kick.

I've stared into the abyss too long...

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

pkfan2004 posted:

Ohhhh, lemme tell a little story 'bout a man named Zed,
Got two(?) lumpy children and his waifu's hair is red,
Used to be a badass sniper fighting in a foreign war,
Also used to be hand drawn but that don't happen anymore.

Photoshopped, he is. GIS, blur and trace.

What's ol' Zed up to now? Well no-one really knows.
He mostly fucks around and is helped by Portago.
The gubmint wants to kill him and they do the best they can,
But it's hard to do your job when you're made of straw, man.

That Obama, man. No penis, fat wife.

Would you really want to hang around with Zed and all his kin?
His best friend is just like him 'cept for color of his skin.
And Black Guy's wife, a Russian boy and feisty Israeli gal,
But Muir makes them unlikable and the plot will always stall.

Y'all get off my loving land, y'hear?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Citizen sheriff

Hahahaha

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Crain posted:

gently caress, for the first time ever I'm looking forward to the next DbD. I want to see where Muir's demented mind is going to take this current SovCit kick.

I've stared into the abyss too long...

This has happened before. It's going to fizzle out into nothing, but we may get a handful of amazing turds before it does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Has any sovereign citizen's carefully researched and laid out arguments ever ended in anything other than a judge just laughing in their face and putting them in jail?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Has any sovereign citizen's carefully researched and laid out arguments ever ended in anything other than a judge just laughing in their face and putting them in jail?

No.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Plague of Hats posted:

This has happened before. It's going to fizzle out into nothing, but we may get a handful of amazing turds before it does.

I know, but Muir is that perfect mix of pathetic and stupid that SovCit arguments thrive on. I'm hoping we get some premium drama from this.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jerusalem posted:

There's the one Canadian judge who was inspired to do some research that resulted in a very long and detailed account of their insanity, if that counts.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Jerusalem posted:

In one case, a judge debunked a sovereign citizen's arguments one by one and extremely thoroughly in his opinion before laughing in their face and rejecting their argument.

Shugojin posted:

There's the one Canadian judge who was inspired to do some research that resulted in a very long and detailed account of their insanity, if that counts.
That's the one.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Stemming from that: I'd love to hear from a historian if SovCit arguments would have even held any weight back in the 1300s.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Crain posted:

Stemming from that: I'd love to hear from a historian if SovCit arguments would have even held any weight back in the 1300s.
It holds weight in the modern day. Just not in the United States, and it never has. If you don't want to be oppressed by the Federal Government and want your local 'sheriff' to be the one and only lawkeeper responsible for your actions, feel free to move to Somalia.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shugojin posted:

I remember reading that, that was so loving great :allears:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yeah I know what he was saying I was just saying oh yeah good cover durrrr.

Sorry mate, my bad.

Whoa :stare:

WHOA :stonklol:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

JT Jag posted:

It holds weight in the modern day. Just not in the United States, and it never has. If you don't want to be oppressed by the Federal Government and want your local 'sheriff' to be the one and only lawkeeper responsible for your actions, feel free to move to Somalia.

I was thinking more along the lines of the pseudo legal language magics they like to use and less the idea of just being a selfish shithead. But thinking it through the answer is the same. Those arguments only exist to try and force a result you want in a situation where you can't have it. And Dark ages lords and rulers were far less "fair" when it comes to evenly applying laws than modern democracies. So the result would probably be a loss of your head instead of just being laughed at.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Crain posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of the pseudo legal language magics they like to use and less the idea of just being a selfish shithead. But thinking it through the answer is the same. Those arguments only exist to try and force a result you want in a situation where you can't have it. And Dark ages lords and rulers were far less "fair" when it comes to evenly applying laws than modern democracies. So the result would probably be a loss of your head instead of just being laughed at.
The difference in the middle ages is that sometimes parts of kingdoms just stopped paying taxes to the king for entire decades without the king noticing and sometimes generals just wandered off and declared themselves rulers of chunks of a kingdom instead of fighting some dude like they should have and went unopposed for years, because hey recordkeeping ain't that great.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
There have occasionally been sovereign citizen types that had their case dismissed simply because the judge didn't want to put up with their bullshit and waste the court's time, but it's always for minor stuff like a parking/speeding ticket or very small misdemeanors. The fact that it "works" in these instances is usually used as proof that these tricks are for real and will get you out of anything.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

he fit DEBT *and* ANY DAY NOW in this one, impressive.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Shugojin posted:

Do you have a link? It sounds like it'd make great reading.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jerusalem posted:

Sure, plenty of judges have no time for that nonsense and don't laugh at all.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

He does have another last name, I can't remember what it is but it's a short Scottish name so it might as well be Muir.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.

Sigh, his last name is Owens. Kill me.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Do you have a link? It sounds like it'd make great reading.

I gone done a little googling and found it again.

http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/jdb/2003-/qb/Family/2012/2012abqb0571ed1.pdf

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Y'know, I can't help but think these particular MF strips can serve a valuable lesson on what strawmanning really is.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Names that Tinsley definitely is familiar with and didn't just hear in passing at Mizzou from English majors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Youtube Stars"? Is that supposed to be a Benghazi reference?

• Locked thread