Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Ruddha posted:

blood borne isnt set to be on PC at least last i checked fellow idiot

Neither was Dark Souls but we live in a future where PC gets all the good games and the Wii U gets all the great games. PS4 gets garbage ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Neither was Dark Souls but we live in a future where PC gets all the good games and the Wii U gets all the great games. PS4 gets garbage ports.
Bloodborne is being published by Sony worldwide. Are you expecting Bayonetta 2 to go multiplat?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

drat. I hate those games.

You are an objectively worse person than the guy who said he liked Other M.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Now I wanna play Metroid: Chozo Curse, the stylus-controlled morphball metroidvania.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Yeah, hell why even buy a wii u, there will be a wii u emulator sometime so you can just play it on PC. Farking nuts

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

SilverSupernova posted:

You are an objectively worse person than the guy who said he liked Other M.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Triple Deluxe owns and if you want a normal kirby game I'd say it's up there with Super Star.

Also if you want more tastes of Rainbow Curses music there are these two sample videos. From what I understand like smash bros you can make a playlist of over 100 songs, and when you replay levels you can (from what I gather mind) replace the normal level song with anything you have unlocked.

Speaking of which you can unlock songs from other Kirby games remixed for this one. You can tell what game the song came from by it's thumbnail- the rainbow one being a original (as in it plays at some point in the game naturally). A picture of the amazing mirror for example would have the original song from that game.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I love Superstar but also like how Kirby 3 retains animal buddies (we haven't seen them used in years)

I have good news for you. Kinda

All the transformations in Rainbow Curse are based on animal buddies. Rick is the Tank, Kine is the Submarine and Coo is the Rocket

Also this may hurt Rainbow Curse but in the interest of fairness
There are no other playable characters as far as anyone's found. Dedede and Meta Knight aren't even in the game outside of unlockable clay trophies. There's a comic on the japanese website where the two got frozen because they wanted to do cool poses as color was stolen and that's the excuse.

There's 28 stages, 21 are levels and 7 are bosses. There's also about 48 challenge rooms that give you sets of puzzles to solve in extremely limited amounts of time.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 24, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hey, if you're wondering why refurbished Wii Us aren't in stock at Nintendo.com, and Gamecube adapters aren't in stock anywhere, it's probably because they're all goin' to Apex!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
If I was gonna buy a new Kirby game, should I get the Wii Return to Dreamland one, the 3DS Triple Deluxe, or wait for Rainbow Curse?

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

If I was gonna buy a new Kirby game, should I get the Wii Return to Dreamland one, the 3DS Triple Deluxe, or wait for Rainbow Curse?

I remember blowing through Return to Dreamland in a few days... if ends up being $10, it's a good bet. But Triple Deluxe improves on it in every way, I think.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yes.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hey, if you're wondering why refurbished Wii Us aren't in stock at Nintendo.com, and Gamecube adapters aren't in stock anywhere, it's probably because they're all goin' to Apex!

What the gently caress are they doing sitting on all those GC adaptors? drat Fuckers.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Get all three

Triple Deluxe has better level/boss design than RtDL but the latter has four player coop which owns

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Stan Taylor posted:

What the gently caress are they doing sitting on all those GC adaptors? drat Fuckers.

Perhaps it is you that needs to adapt.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

Honestly, although it looks like an unreasonable stockpile in a single photo, the actual quantity of adapters there isn't really a drop in a bucket compared to what it takes to supply a whole continent.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dr. Dos posted:

Last month I played Dreamland 1 on my 3DS since I got it with club nintendo coins and it's actually a lot more fun than I remembered. Probably because when I played it as a kid it was after playing Kirby's Adventure.

It inspired me to try and get and play through a copy of every Kirby game because I've enjoyed every one I played. So I bought Dreamland 2 and a Super Game Boy off amazon and then have 3 on the Wii U and I am super hyped for Rainbow Curse. It's a franchise that never really comes to mind when I think of cool Nintendo stuff and it's really weird because it is very fantastic!!

My favorite Traditional Kirby is the GBA Nightmare in Dreamland, which is an amazing remake of the NES Kirby's Adventure. A popular favorite is also Super Star, the DS remake of that is great.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nolgthorn posted:

Perhaps it is you that needs to adapt.

Adapt to never owning a piece of hardware that only works for a single game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Taint Reaper posted:

Adapt to never owning a piece of hardware that only works for a single game.

It also works for every Gamecube game ever released if you use Nintendon't.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

noirstronaut posted:

It also works for every Gamecube game ever released if you use Nintendon't.

you liar how the hell am I supposed to play the mic minigames in Mario Party 7

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Scholtz posted:

you liar how the hell am I supposed to play the mic minigames in Mario Party 7

My friend...

listen.

quote:

Works on Wii and vWii on Wii U
Full speed loading from an USB device, or a SD card
Loads 1:1 and compressed .ISO disc images
Loads games as extracted files (FST)
Play retail discs (Wii only)
Play backups from writable DVD media (Wii only)
Memory card emulation
Use real memory card
Play audio via disc audio streaming
Bluetooth controller support (Classic Controller (Pro), Wii U Pro Controller)
HID controller support via USB
Custom button layout when using HID controllers
Cheat code support
WiiRd (Wii only)
Changeable configuration of various settings
Reset/Power off via button combo (R + Z + Start) (R + Z + B + D-Pad Down)
Advanced video mode patching, force progressive and force 16:9 widescreen
Auto boot from loader
Disc switching
Allow use of the Nintendo GameCube Microphone
Use the official Nintendo GameCube controller adapter

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So to get Nintendon't working on the Wii U vWii, do you have to homebrew it up or something? Because I'm gonna get one of the Mayflash GC adaptors (I do assume that even if it doesn't work with Nintendon't now, it will eventually) and if I can get that working to use any GC controller I want for all my Wii (and I guess GC?) games on the U, then that would be the best thing.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
So I'm playing the Bayonetta series and playing as a titular witch that takes her clothes off and uses fetish attacks to kill archangels in a sexualised manner whilst suggestively sucking on lolly pops is somehow making me even more :gay:

I think the game is having the opposite effect of what the designers were originally going for with their key demographic.

Is Bayonetta considered a gay icon? Because if not then she needs to be!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Supercar Gautier posted:

Honestly, although it looks like an unreasonable stockpile in a single photo, the actual quantity of adapters there isn't really a drop in a bucket compared to what it takes to supply a whole continent.

Well yeah it's just funny and owns that we receive constant reminders of Nintendo's inability/unwillingness to meet the demand for their products

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

noirstronaut posted:

My friend...

listen.

But... but... how does it plug in?? :psyduck:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Ronnie posted:

So I'm playing the Bayonetta series and playing as a titular witch that takes her clothes off and uses fetish attacks to kill archangels in a sexualised manner whilst suggestively sucking on lolly pops is somehow making me even more :gay:

I think the game is having the opposite effect of what the designers were originally going for with their key demographic.

Bayonetta is pretty awesome because people are still debating whether the games are exploitative or empowering, feminist or misogynistic/misandristic. I don't know about gay icon but I know quite a few guys refused to play it because of how "gay" the first game's presentation was.

http://gaygamer.net/2014/10/bayonetta-the-great-exception/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbihPTgAql4

NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-mrRz3-UHk NSW NSW NSW

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
I'm never sure how to respond when I watch Anita Sarkeesian because while I agree with her in principle, Bayonetta is so over the top that who gives a poo poo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bayonetta is drag with a dash of burlesque. It's literally someone who is not a woman (a computer program) doing a performance with the most exaggerated possible ideas of femininity as imagined by society.

Anita is a little too second wave to be chill with it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't agree with every example Anita gives in her videos, but I agree with her overall point, and I'll usually defend her.

But I think she's totally off the mark when it comes to Bayonetta, and I'm not really looking forward to her video on Bayonetta 2 she mentioned she was working on (when it comes out in 2018)

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
The gay community usually idolises strong independent characters who are confident in their own skin as it shows a role model who stands out from the crowd but is not afraid to to be who they are.

Bayonetta ticks those boxes and gets double brownie points for being proud about her over-sexual nature (something some gay people have usually had to hide or not advertise in public).

Plus from a game front Platinum really nails down the aesthetic of being over the top and flashy with their games presentation that it can't be taken seriously turning it almost camp in nature.

I'm playing this game with a massive grin on my face. I get to straddle heavenly beings to death while J-pop Frank Sinatra plays in the background and if I do a good job I get to comment on how I would make a great pole dancer! :neckbeard:

night slime
May 14, 2014
Wii U

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KennyMan666 posted:

So to get Nintendon't working on the Wii U vWii, do you have to homebrew it up or something? Because I'm gonna get one of the Mayflash GC adaptors (I do assume that even if it doesn't work with Nintendon't now, it will eventually) and if I can get that working to use any GC controller I want for all my Wii (and I guess GC?) games on the U, then that would be the best thing.

Yeah, to enable homebrew you need the HBC files, a copy of Smash Bros Brawl, and an SD card that is 2GB or less. It takes like 5 minutes to do.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Triple Deluxe owns and if you want a normal kirby game I'd say it's up there with Super Star.

Also if you want more tastes of Rainbow Curses music there are these two sample videos. From what I understand like smash bros you can make a playlist of over 100 songs, and when you replay levels you can (from what I gather mind) replace the normal level song with anything you have unlocked.

Speaking of which you can unlock songs from other Kirby games remixed for this one. You can tell what game the song came from by it's thumbnail- the rainbow one being a original (as in it plays at some point in the game naturally). A picture of the amazing mirror for example would have the original song from that game.

I have good news for you. Kinda

All the transformations in Rainbow Curse are based on animal buddies. Rick is the Tank, Kine is the Submarine and Coo is the Rocket

Also this may hurt Rainbow Curse but in the interest of fairness
There are no other playable characters as far as anyone's found. Dedede and Meta Knight aren't even in the game outside of unlockable clay trophies. There's a comic on the japanese website where the two got frozen because they wanted to do cool poses as color was stolen and that's the excuse.

There's 28 stages, 21 are levels and 7 are bosses. There's also about 48 challenge rooms that give you sets of puzzles to solve in extremely limited amounts of time.

All of this sounds loving terrific, so many cool callbacks. Original Canvas Curse had about 24 levels, so this one seems like it's got the same amount plus a shitload of challenge rooms. Def the sort of game I hope they make a giant DLC level pack but lol at DLC for a kirby game so they won't.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

raditts posted:

Yeah, to enable homebrew you need the HBC files, a copy of Smash Bros Brawl, and an SD card that is 2GB or less. It takes like 5 minutes to do.
Well, I do in fact have all of that. I'm usually a bit wary of modding currently active systems (as in are likely to still get updates and that I want to internet with), but since it would be softmodding just the Wii portion (I presume), I guess there's no real risk of anything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KennyMan666 posted:

Well, I do in fact have all of that. I'm usually a bit wary of modding currently active systems (as in are likely to still get updates and that I want to internet with), but since it would be softmodding just the Wii portion (I presume), I guess there's no real risk of anything.

Yeah, supposedly that is all you're doing is modding the Wii portion.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

All of this sounds loving terrific, so many cool callbacks. Original Canvas Curse had about 24 levels, so this one seems like it's got the same amount plus a shitload of challenge rooms. Def the sort of game I hope they make a giant DLC level pack but lol at DLC for a kirby game so they won't.

They said the same thing about Mario Golf and Smash Bros. Hope still exists.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Anybody know when the next wave of freebie stuff comes out on Club Nintendo? In Feb, right? I have like 260 points but I'm thinking of holding off until I see what comes out next month.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
So last night was the first time I had to tell my girlfriend that it was late and we should go to bed because of videogames, instead of the other way around.

I'm liking this Wii U.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ronnie posted:

Well she is pretty fabulous.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

KennyMan666 posted:

I don't think anything supports Wii games yet, but GC is fully compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

noirstronaut posted:

I don't think anything supports Wii games yet, but GC is fully compatible.
Really? Huh. That gives me significantly less reason to do it as my primary motivation was to use GC controllers for Wii and Wii VC games.

• Locked thread