Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

If you're not a Roe you're approximately 100% less cute than you could be

Think again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
On the plus side, you'll get to do CC/praetorium "properly" once the expansion comes out and people are getting level synced down to 52 to do it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Poultron posted:

Think again

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i like the immaculately sculpted taint and ballsack bulge there

really keeps me immersed in The Game

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

If you're not playing a race that lets you max a muscle slider, I pity you.

Highlander/Roegadyn supremacy! :gitgud:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

If you're not playing a race that lets you max a muscle slider, I pity you.

Highlander/Roegadyn supremacy! :gitgud:

You're as pale as a midlander, what's wrong with you :(

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

You should play with goons then because...

Oh. :(

If any goons is getting pissy in a newbie CM/Prae run name and shame them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Evil Fluffy posted:

If any goons is getting pissy in a newbie CM/Prae run name and shame them.

The joke is that Panic is not on Excalibur.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

orange juche posted:

You're as pale as a midlander, what's wrong with you :(

Book club had some drawbacks. :sigh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

{I'm interested.}

Exponential Decay
Sep 10, 2009

i bound fire to q

Poultron posted:

Better than "Memedesu"

memedesu is a national treasure

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Captain Oblivious posted:

To be fair, you can make a Duskwight that looks like a Wildwood and vice versa. The clan part is almost entirely meaningless.

...But yeah my neighbor Zaknafein Do'Urden is almost certainly a fellow Duskwight and that hurts me :negative:

Actually, Wildwood skin tones are browner (fleshier toned) than those of Duskwights and their hair colour options are more saturated. Same situation as suncat vs mooncat. Not as obvious in char creation but once you sit in Limsa in clear weather it gets real obvious.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Rated 5

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So ruan unleashed Zalgo in the FC house

Ž̻̼̘͆̔͌͜A̻͚̬̜̞̩͕̙ͩ̏́ͅL̩̻̘̘̤͎͛͐ͮ̂̃ͧ̒ͅG̘̱̗͕̫̭̭̓̂͌̊̂ͣ͘͘O̸̞̫̺̮̿͛͢ ̝̬̱̝ͦ͌̿͐ͤ̂̀͞H̱̤̦͉͉̺̝͋͑ͩ̒̽E̸̡̺̣̩̝͚͆͊ͩ̃ͫ̾ͅͅ ̨̛͉͎̖̦͖̼͔̎̓ͣ͡Cͩͩͩ͏̺̖͓O̷̡̟̮̦͛̐̎ͩͤ̀̈́͗Ṁ͊ͭͧ̈́̉͏͡͏̠̲͚͔̹̭͔̥E̸̥͚̜̼̻͍̦͗͂S̸̙̬̭͇̰̳ͪͦͦ͠

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Roegs and Highlanders are cool. Basically if you didn't have a muscle tone slider when you made your character, and you didn't crank it all the way to chiseled, just get the gently caress out.

Klungar posted:

How are Sea Wolf Rogs the least popular? We are the best :(
Truth.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 24, 2015

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
If I stay up til about 6 (est) is it pretty much guaranteed I can get into Excalibur? I have nothing else to do tonight so I'm just going to watch movies while checking back on the Primal server list.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dolphin Fetus posted:

If I stay up til about 6 (est) is it pretty much guaranteed I can get into Excalibur? I have nothing else to do tonight so I'm just going to watch movies while checking back on the Primal server list.

Your odds might be worse since it's both a weekend and a fresh patch. A couple weeks before the patch I had two friends transfer to excal, and they both managed to get it done around 5-6 AM CST. I'd normally say your odds would be great as long as you check back often, but I don't know how much the patch has messed that up.

As someone who transferred to excal relatively recently, I can say that it's definitely worth trudging through the bullshit to do. Goons have been nothing but chill and helpful since I got here, I can't overstate how much it adds to the experience. Don't get discouraged!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Whenever the general forums get me down with their stupidity I just wander over to the Wildstar General boards and I'm cheered right up knowing it could be way, way worse.

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

Verranicus posted:

Whenever the general forums get me down with their stupidity I just wander over to the Wildstar General boards and I'm cheered right up knowing it could be way, way worse.

Before it came out I thought Wildstar looked pretty cool and I came very close to pre-ordering it. I really dodged a a bullet there, considering I brought AoC when it came out. I remember the hype train where goons went from "oh hey this game is pretty awesome" to a week later being "god this game is poo poo".

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Roegs and Highlanders are cool. Basically if you didn't have a muscle tone slider when you made your character, and you didn't crank it all the way to chiseled, just get the gently caress out.

None if the lalafell sliders actually do anything :frogout:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Before it came out I thought Wildstar looked pretty cool and I came very close to pre-ordering it. I really dodged a a bullet there, considering I brought AoC when it came out. I remember the hype train where goons went from "oh hey this game is pretty awesome" to a week later being "god this game is poo poo".

The game has a great aesthetic, but that's about it. The devs are crazy catering to the most hardcore niche and the toxic community really shows that. Example here where a guy new to 50 comments that the road to raiding is way too hard and the majority tell him he's dumb to assume he can do -anything- (including battlegrounds and dungeons) without joining a guild first and should just quit. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121302-wildstar-i-came-i-saw-i-unsubbed/

Keep in mind this game is bleeding subs at an alarming rate. And they still behave this way. I'd take a million of our WeiShans over that community.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Verranicus posted:

The game has a great aesthetic, but that's about it. The devs are crazy catering to the most hardcore niche and the toxic community really shows that. Example here where a guy new to 50 comments that the road to raiding is way too hard and the majority tell him he's dumb to assume he can do -anything- (including battlegrounds and dungeons) without joining a guild first and should just quit. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121302-wildstar-i-came-i-saw-i-unsubbed/

Keep in mind this game is bleeding subs at an alarming rate. And they still behave this way. I'd take a million of our WeiShans over that community.

This is how the Aion community acts as well. NC Soft being involved with an MMO is pretty much a huge red flag and I'd need some amazing reviews from people I trust to even consider going near a game they're involved with in any way. This included Guild Wars 2.

e: Complete with the "grats on level cap, now go farm mindlessly for countless hours to get some gear that once you fully enchant and manastone might be enough for people to consider letting you play with them, but probably not."

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 24, 2015

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Is it normal for it to take forever for Square Enix to email you your registration key after buying from their website? Shoulda bought on steam but I was worried it would make me redownload the client through them.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is how the Aion community acts as well. NC Soft being involved with an MMO is pretty much a huge red flag and I'd need some amazing reviews from people I trust to even consider going near a game they're involved with in any way. This included Guild Wars 2.

e: Complete with the "grats on level cap, now go farm mindlessly for countless hours to get some gear that once you fully enchant and manastone might be enough for people to consider letting you play with them, but probably not."

I don't understand these people, like I literally can't parse their thought processes. Do they really believe they're the chosen few who are the "true gamers" and that the people who quit/never join/can't handle the grind aren't worthy? Or is it just that they've invested so much time into the mess that they can't bear the idea of it all having been for nothing as the game is obviously headed in the direction of shutting down, so they get hyper aggressive to anyone with a different opinion?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Do they really believe they're the chosen few who are the "true gamers" and that the people who quit/never join/can't handle the grind aren't worthy?

Yes.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Blhue posted:

Is it normal for it to take forever for Square Enix to email you your registration key after buying from their website? Shoulda bought on steam but I was worried it would make me redownload the client through them.

Yes. They do their billing through some other service and you only get the key once that other service finishes doing its thing.

Sometimes it's pretty prompt and within a few minutes, sometimes it takes its sweet time.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Verranicus posted:

The game has a great aesthetic, but that's about it.

:pwn:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the best part about goon hype for Wildstar wasn't just the hype train, but the goons in the beta who were insulting people and trying to run them off for talking about issues that the game still has lmao

So there's no reason to get FF14 on steam over buying it directly from the source, and vice versa, right?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Velthice posted:

I'm curious how popular Au Ra will be when the expansion comes. I fully intend to play a blue dragon lady regardless.

What in the ever loving poo poo?

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 24, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wildstar's "aesthetic" was a lovely mishmash of Jak & Daxter/Ratchet and WoW.

Babe Magnet posted:

So there's no reason to get FF14 on steam over buying it directly from the source, and vice versa, right?

If you buy it on Steam you can use your Steam Wallet to pay for time, but that's it really.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That's actually enough reason for me to buy it on Steam, actually.

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

sorry but lmao

Babe Magnet posted:

the best part about goon hype for Wildstar wasn't just the hype train, but the goons in the beta who were insulting people and trying to run them off for talking about issues that the game still has lmao

This happens with every single "goon hyped" game as far as I can remember. AoC was horrible but goons clung to it for several weeks, don't know how long Wildstar lasted until it became universal joke with them.

Dolphin Fetus fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 24, 2015

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
e: ^^^ :argh:

Babe Magnet posted:

Goons do this for every MMO.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
please do not post pictures of my space dragon without my permission

e:

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 24, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bonewitch posted:

i like the immaculately sculpted taint and ballsack bulge there

really keeps me immersed in The Game

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I remember the ff14 hype was basically "This game is pretty good guys, not for everyone but pretty good" the difference is its been a year and a half and not only is that still true the game is actually better than our original hype now.

Praise Yoshi P

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Dolphin Fetus posted:

I tried last night(the 23rd) between 3 and 7am est, hitting the refresh server button pretty neurotically, and it never opened. All of the other limited servers did but not Excalibur. I was lucky enough to have an old low level 1.x character on Excalibur that I never touched so I just transferred him.

I joined DGKK last night because I thought the post on ffgoons said there was no room in PBC. Is there?

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
I thought about going Au Ra because I'm a scaly at heart, but then I realized that they just look like Elezen with eczema.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Babe Magnet posted:

People yelled at me for posting a non-NDA'd screenshot that was number tagged (so they can trace poo poo back to who posted it and, assumedly, fix their issues) saying the game looked like trash for how badly it ran, saying it ran badly because it was a beta and they were going to fix it just you wait.

loving lol, no, the game still ran like loving poo poo when it launched, and wouldn't run at ALL on any AMD machine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I remember an RL friend of mine was loving losing his mind excited for Wildstar. I tried the beta, played about 10 minutes and the loving neon color scheme gave me a goddamn headache and I felt that it played like trash. He was not pleased with my thoughts.

It's amazing how many people thought it was the goddamn second coming.

• Locked thread